Dongwoo 2

Infinite Oneshots

 

            Dongwoo knew that he had messed up somehow. The entire day, he had been tormented, knowing that she was mad at him. It was his fault. He was the one who had purposely pissed her off. He knew that she was bothered easily by arrogance, and he had purposely acted like a jerk.

            It wasn’t because he liked to make her mad. It was because he was annoyed at her friends. They thought they could be as judgmental as they wanted and he was tired of it. He knew they thought she could do better, and to be honest, he thought so too. But when they were actively staring at him and giving him the evil once over, he flipped.

            He pretended like he wasn’t affected and basically acted like a jerk. He was cold to them and that hadn’t helped with their opinions of him. But he was honestly past all judgment. If they wanted to be mean, then so be it. But when she tore away from him as he dropped her off, he knew he had a lot to pay for.

            He had watched her slam the door and didn’t know what to do. Dongwoo was determined to make it all up to her on her birthday. It was only two days away. If she had to fester, then he would let her shake off her annoyance for another forty-eight hours.

            The other members of Infinite were excited for her birthday. Each year they took turns planning for her party even though Dongwoo was her boyfriend. This year the task fell onto him and the others were anxious.

            “Dongwoo, are you still mad at her?” Sungjong asked, worried. He didn’t’ want any anger to ruin her birthday.

            Dongwoo let out a laugh. “If anything, she’s the one still mad at me. She hasn’t called me once and I’m trying so hard not to go insane while I plan what I’m going to do.”

            The maknae was worried. “It’s not like her to hold such a long grudge. Why didn’t you just ignore her friends? They’re clearly blind to your charms and not worth your time.”

            He sighed. “It’s hard because you know how they say. You have to be close with your girlfriend’s friends. Because of the whole sisterhood thing. I don’t know. I mean, you guys wouldn’t want me to date someone you didn’t approve right? And I’m sure she would feel uncomfortable if she knew she wasn’t liked and if I kept seeing her. So I guess it works both ways. I’m just scared that I’m too late and I’ve lost her forever.”

            Sunggyu walked over. “You know, sometimes, if you can just ask why they dislike you, it may help. Maybe their reasons are valid, or maybe their reasons are stupid and it’s not your problem. But what do you have in mind for her birthday?”
            Dongwoo stood up. “First, I’m going to talk to her friends. Ask them what their problem is.”

            When Dongwoo went to the girls’ dorms, they stared at him. “Why are you here?” their voices were not lacking in hostility.

            “Why do you guys not like me?” He asked it straightforwardly, not wishing to play any games.

            They exchanged uncomfortable looks. One of them laughed and walked out. “I knew the two of you would eventually have to explain. He’s not stupid enough to give her up because of you guys.”

            Dongwoo was confused and they ushered him in. “Honestly, we’re sorry. It was really a test. She’s been hurt before and so we took it upon ourselves to make sure that whoever dared to touch her would pass our test. We had to make sure you had a strong character.”

            He was quiet. The more hostile one blushed. “Oh gosh, it’s embarrassing to explain. But we actually really like you. I’m sorry we went a bit far with our comments last time. We had to make sure you were really kind at heart. She was so mad at us. I think she’s blocked all of us as of now. We’ve made our birthday cake for her and there’s no way of making sure she’ll want to see us.”

            Dongwoo stood up, ready to forgive. “Let’s go. I have an idea for her birthday.”

            An hour later, her friends, as well as the rest of Infinite were outside her door. Dongwoo came running, panting. Everyone cracked up when they saw him. He struck a pose in his dinosaur costume and grinned.

            “How do I look?”

            “Go get your girl back, Hyung. I pray for you,” Sungyeol snorted.

            Dongwoo knocked on her door and it took a while but she finally opened. She looked tired and stared at the crowd of people. Sunggyu hit the button on the boombox and Dongwoo started dancing. He danced and added in dinosaur stomps, knowing the little movements would make her laugh.

            When the music ended, he panted and hugged her. “Happy birthday, love.”

 

I decided to turn this into both my birthday story and the request ^^ Enjoy