Chapter Eight—The Beginning

I am not so easily wooed~

 

 

I don't know what brought me to finally involve myself in the boys' affair. It was clear that I was a part of it, even though in no way was I aware. Yet here they were, keeping it a secret for as long as they could. I contemplated pretending like I didn't know. To do that would mean lying to myself and them, which is even worse than knowing at all.

Contrast to their popular belief, leaving me out of the loop isn't for the best. It will only result in the worst case scenario occurring.

Just like now.

As soon as they processed that I was entering the room, all of them reacted quickly to hide their clothes efficiently. Hoya, Woohyun, and Myungsoo all turned their backs to me, while the other boys hid behind tables or pillows. They stood still, like a stunned deer in the woods, with all of their eyes locked on me. I was probably the last thing they wanted to encounter right now... Okay, I was.

"What's going on?" I thought I'd make it easy for them at first.

"We are redecorating," Sunggyu immediately spat out, in shock most likely.

"Redecorating?" I asked while scanning the room. "By destroying as much as you can in the room?"

"Yes!" Sungjong smiled big to distract me, but sorry honey, it didn't work. "We are trying a different method. You know us boys. Rough and tough boys."

"Maybe a few of you, but definitely not the gentle Sungjong."

"I'm slowly becoming a man, Sophia," he tried to giggle off.

"Then explain all of the noise I've heard," I leaned against the wall, close to Hoya. "Yells. Screams. Thuds. Everything."

"It's a dangerous job," Sungyeol spoke up. "We were just looking out for eachother, like families normally do, right?"

"Right!" Dongwoo agreed. "We are boys anyway, we get pretty loud and violent at times."

"You use the boys excuse a lot," I sighed with a pout. "Why doesn't anyone ever tell me anything?"

The entire room froze. No one knew what to say, or even how to say something to me. I knew they were carefully imagining a scenario for every different reply, even the different reactions I could have. Truth is, I was tired of it all. I was tired of being spoken about, but never spoken to.

"Well?" I asked. "No takers? Because I'm sure Damien, William or Ulrich would gladly tell me if you don't." Which was a lie. None of them would tell me anything. I'd tried. Multiple times. All told me the same damn thing, 'It's best for you not to know. We'll tell you when the time comes.'

Now is that time. It is the perfect moment for me to know everything. Their family has way too many secrets, and it's getting rather complicated. I couldn't wrap my entire head or heart around the thought that it was a life threatening one.

But we all knew one thing... I was involved and no one felt like it was the best to tell me the truth.

"They wouldn't dare," grumbled someone. I couldn't identify who, but they sounded incredibly angry.

I scoffed. Confidence was key to finding out what I wanted to know. Pretend like you know they will. "Let's test that theory then."

In the blink of an eye, Myungsoo was right in front of me. His dark, glistening eyes shined like priceless jewels. His hair was messed up. No more blood was on his face, but it was all over his white shirt. "Don't."

"Then tell me," I was hardheaded. Either one of you or all of you are going to tell me, but I ensure you all, someone will.

"No," he was just as shrewd.

"Fine," I turned my back to him. "I'm leaving then."

"Don't explore information that isn't yours to know," he pleaded strongly behind me.

I quickly formed fists. He keeps repeating that. Everyone is. My eyes averted to his, tears almost rushing down. "Not mine to know? Then why am I being mentioned?" All of them cringed. Only Myungsoo kept his eyes on me. "Don't any of you dare try to tell me it's all in my mind. I know it's not. You mention keeping a distance, you all mention my safety, you all state these confusing things that do not make any sense!"

"Leave," the dark hearted Prince ordered.

I followed his orders and marched out of the room hastily. So many emotions ran through my mind, my heart, my body. Mostly I was angry. Not angry at them. Angry at myself. I kept telling myself that I'd figure it out. But the pain, the hurt, the fear in all of their eyes were enough to break my heart.

Why is this going on?

I stayed in my room for hours, not even uttering a word to myself. I was stoic. I was motionless. I was frozen. My body stayed sitting on my bed, with my hands on my lap, staring out into the moon outside. It was a full moon tonight, the rays penetrating as much of my room as it could.

I wonder how the kids are doing.

Knocks echoed in the room every 2 minutes for a while. "Hello?" a familiar head showed itself.

My attention converted to the person. "...Hey..."

"Why didn't you come down for dinner?" Damien gracefully walked towards me. He made sure to lightly close the door behind him as he flicked on the lights beforehand.

My eyes took a while to adjust to the sudden light change. I never noticed how much they hurt, like I'd been crying for hours. I felt the trail of tears on my cheeks had dried. "I didn't know it was time."

"What happened?!" He swiftly approached me, sitting down right by my side.

"I... I don't know," I managed to say. "I don't know anything actually."

"Eh?"

"I overheard a battle, and I do mean battle, between the brothers. It was extremely violent and they just kept mentioning me."

His eyes blackened like the night. "What did they say?"

"They talked about protecting me and keeping their distance. They said that they couldn't do stay away anymore. But they'd try their best."

"...Good," he sounded furious. Why was he mad?

"What are you not allowed to tell me, Damien? What's so top secret that even someone who's clearly a part of it can't know."

"Go to sleep," he changed the subject like a light switch changes the room. "I'll speak to you in the morning."

"Damien," I could no longer differentiate between irritation and sadness at this point. "Damien, tell me."

"Good night," he muttered before leaving my room.

"Damien!" I called out after him, yet didn't dare move from my spot.

Honestly, I was scared. Scared of what I was a part of. Scared of the future. Scared of what was happening.

I drifted off into a deep trance, after changing into some more comfortable clothes to sleep in. It was a vivid dream... something... something about it felt so real, so true, so authentic. I walked all about the palace. It was the darkest time of night. No one else was around. My footsteps echoed down the empty rooms and halls. Until a noise interrupted me.

I quickly turned. No one was there.

Another noise came by, this time behind me once more. Another swift movement, yet nothing still.

"You should've just listened," a voice whispered into my ear clearly. I recognized it, but couldn't pinpoint who it was. I didn't understand why. "You should've stayed away."

"I don't do as I'm told," I replied while keeping my place.

"You are a fool. Listen to me, when I tell you to run, you run. When I tell you to hide, you hide. When I tell you to stay away, stay away."

"Why?"

"Because my heart will ache without knowing that yours is beating."

"You speak in riddles," I sighed. "It seems as though no one wants me to know the truth."

"All of us... everyone around you... we are all things. Things you could never understand; let alone accept. Just listen to my words. Follow my instructions."

I felt a warm embrace wrap around my body. Their strong arms pulled me tightly, enough so that I could feel their heart beat against my back. It was in unison with my own. Their warm breath sent tingles down my spine. Their face right against my head, lips to my ears.

"I repeat, do as you are commanded."

In another blink, I woke up in my room.Morning already... Someone carefully knocked on my balcony door. I turned quickly to see who it was. None other than Princes Sungyeol and Sungjong. They repeatedly waved at me and pointed to my door knob, indicating that I should unlock it.

It wasn't easy for me to lug my body to the door. I felt like a ton of weight was resting on shoulders actually. I turned the knob, painfully staring at them both. They were dressed in some sort of pajamas also.

"Can we talk?" Sungyeol asked. "Just the eight of us."

"We have a lot to explain," Sungjong added. "Please."

"Why should I?" I was on a short fuse this morning. "None of you bothered to speak to me about it yesterday. So what's the sudden change of heart?"

"The seven of us had some time to think and discuss it all," the taller of the two looked down at his feet. "At least hear us out, isn't that what you've wanted all along?"

"I get a clear explanation?"

"Clear as the morning sky," Sungjong smiled. "We've weighed in the good and the bad of telling you... and we believe that the good wins."

"Just come outside and we can all discuss this on the balcony. No one else can reach us out here," Sungyeol stepped aside, enough just so my eyes focused on the other five bodies sitting on the balcony.

"Please, Sophia," Sungjong grabbed a hold of my hand. "Please."

I didn't oppose. I didn't fully agree. I didn't even want to know anymore. After that dream... after that voice speaking to me so caringly and passionately. I... I felt like those words were so true. I felt like I should listen to its advice.

Sungjong pulled me into the group, where a bunch of teapots and cups with mountains of food lay on the ground. It was like a comfortable picnic. They had laid out piles and piles of pillows for comfort and a couple blankets for warmth. All of them still wore their pajamas.

Sunggyu was in light green, Woohyun in yellow, Hoya in navy blue, Dongwoo in dark red, Myungsoo in black, Sungyeol in purple, and Sungjong in light pink.

I found my way inbetween Hoya and Woohyun, who still couldn't look at my properly, before crossing my legs and sitting down comfortably. Sunggyu passed down a cup of hot chocolate and a plate with pastries and fruit. As I ate, the tension slowly rose.

"Should we start now?" asked the oldest.

"Why don't we," Dongwoo agreed with his mouth filled of fruit. "Not like this problem is going to fix itself."

"Okay," Sunggyu nodded. "How to even begin..."

"We've practiced this," the redhead chewed vehemently. His face turned to look at me, stuffing another pastry into his mouth in the process. "What do you want to know?"

"How am I involved in this?"

"Well, that won't make sense if you don't know anything about us," Sungyeol replied.

"True..." I ate something, looking at Dongwoo munch away was enough to convince me to eat. "Then tell me something about you guys."

"We... we are different from you," Sungjong quietly mumbled.

"Different? Clearly," I pouted. "You are royalty. You are the highest of the royalty."

"Not that," Hoya finally uttered a word. "We are special."

Their selection of words were vague. "Okay..."

Woohyun finally lifted his head. His eyes basically screamed fear. "Sophia. If we were to tell you that we were animals. Would you believe us?"

"Clearly you are not," I replied. "You are human beings."

"We are not fully," Sunggyu clarified a little bit.

"Fully?" What the hell does he mean by not fully?

"Soph," Hoya tried to smile at me, but clearly failed. His voice sounded like it was about to crack. "The seven of us aren't like you because we are..."

"Killers," Dongwoo wasn't being a comedic at this moment. Seriousness overtook his entire expression. It was odd to see him so stern.

"That doesn't make sense," I shook my head. "How can you be killers?"

"We haven't killed killed," Sungyeol added another fact. "Well... let's put it this way... Err... I don't know."

"Vampires," Myungsoo's voice overpowered the rest. The boys all turned as pale as snow. Myungsoo himself raised his head and stared at me. "Vamp. Ire."

"Excuse me?" I was surprised. They had to be joking. "Good prank. Now tell me the truth."

"It is," Woohyun's voice echoed his emotions.

"I told you guys it wouldn't have worked saying it flat out like that," Dongwoo engulfed another plate. "We should've transitioned into it."

"Transitioned?" Sungjong sounded appalled.

"Oh yeah you know, we are just a family of killers from the first vampire generation in the entire nation. We are nothing like the stories you have heard from when you were a child," Sungyeol proceeded to prove his point. "Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that we are vampires and the strongest, most powerful of them."

"That will soooo go well with here too you know," Sungjong smacked his hand on his forehead.

"This isn't funny guys," I couldn't believe their words. Vampires don't exist. That's just a myth told my parents to their children to ensure that they didn't stray too far in the dark. It's all a hoax, a lie, a trick. "I asked for the truth and you are telling me some insane story."

"Sophia," Hoya placed his hand on mine. "This isn't anything like that. I swear on my mother's heart that we are."

Their stern faces. Their uncomfortable expressions. Their stiffness. It all lead to the conclusion that they were telling me the truth. And that this was as unnerving for them as it was for me. Vampires. Vampires exist. Vampires are real. Vampires... vampires are around me.

I'm living in a home filled with vampires.

Oh dear God. I'm going to die.

And how does Damien fit into this picture?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys~ I'm sorry for the week late update! School bombarded me this week; but next week I have testing so not as much work to do! I'm currently on a roll. I hope you guys don't think I'd forgotten about the fic lol. I've been writing down all sorts of ideas. 

I also wanted to take this time to state that I will be writing another fanfic as soon as this one is finished. I had this weird dream and adhfjkasdhfa it gave me the best idea in the world. Idk if my fics will be based off of the INFINITE boys forever, but I do do do do think they are one of the easiest groups to write about. Maybe because they are my number one lol. XD 

I've decided to make this story at about a 30 or 40 chapter process? I hope you guys notice that each chapter isn't a typical short, to the point one. I love writing stories that are indepth and lengthy, ones who just get the point across where your mind can perfectly create an image with it as you read. It's my writing style I guess. I love describing the little details and such. :3 It makes the story more fun and realistic. 

OH NO! One of the mysteries have been revealed! Tell me what you think below yeah? I know it's like the typical blah blah blah one. vampire vampire. hhehe. I hadn't completely decided to go down that route, until I pitched the idea to my friend once and she thought it was a clever way to go :D I promise! I promise that it won't be anything like the others you've probably read before. 

Like promised, this entire story will not be anything typical. :3

Tell me your thoughts below! I needa go~ I'll respond to all of your comments later on XD byeee~ (: