Chapter Nineteen—The Melody

I am not so easily wooed~

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS SONG AS YOU GO THROUGH THE CHAPTER. It's a significant muse for this chapter and reminded me so much of the member involved in it lol. it's obvious who it is sooo... click click click!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURWRvwfVXQ&feature=related

 

I woke up the following morning with the biggest smile on my face. The thoughts of yesterday just made me immensely happy. How could such different boys cause me to be so elated and at peace? The two of them probably know what they do to me, what they do to my heart. I turned my head to a wall chart I created, as a way to keep track of the days I had left. 27 more days. 27 more mornings until I part ways with everyone I love.

And I still haven't broken the news to my family. Where do I even begin?

I strolled into my restroom and started up a bath. The bubbles rose quickly as I poured in a couple drops of floral essence and soap. My entire body felt a lot looser after soaking for an hour at least. A lot of thoughts went through my mind.

How do I even start explaining to my family that I am dying? How do I tell my parents that I am destined to leave this world earlier than they are? How do I leave behind my six siblings, when they are the reason I am working every single day?

As I fit into my uniform, a beautiful melody rang in my ears. Peering out into the hallway, I crept closer and closer to the origin of the instrument. On the first floor, one of the rooms was the music room. I never actually stepped foot into the room itself, because I was not musically talented in any way. Slowly, I poked my head into the room.

Sunggyu was just as surprised as me, when we realized that the other was in the room. I took a step back, bowing continuously like I would before. "Sorry~ Sorry for interrupting!" I apologized.

He swiftly got up and glided to my side, holding out his hand. His eyes glistened like jewels immersed in sunlight. "No need to bow, Soph. Why don't you come in and join me."

I took his hand, accepting his offer, and was pulled into the room gracefully. He pulled me to one of the couches and sat down beside me. The room itself was just as grand as the library. Windows allowed a ton of light to brighten the room. There was a piano in the middle and other instruments all over the room.

"What are these?" I asked.

"Isaiah and Anthony brought them from their travels, well over the hundreds of years that is," he smiled. "The two of them are sort of geniuses, so they experiment and upgrade accordingly."

I brushed my hands against one of the guitars. It was so beautiful and the woodwork was impeccable. "These instruments are just so wonderful."

"Would you like me to teach you how to use one?" Sunggyu reached out and grazed my hand.

I turned abruptly, to try to see what was going through his mind. He and I made eye contact and just stared into one another's souls for what seemed like years. Neither of us pulled away. I didn't fully comprehend why. What is this hold he has on me?

"Well, Princess?"

I snapped out of my trance. "No no, I will damage your ear drums if I try."

He started laughing, pulling his hand back at the same time. We moved together to the piano, sitting as close to each other as we ever could be. His hands pushed back the cover, and placed themselves ever so gracefully on the black and white keys.

The melody that escaped the grand instrument was one of the most captivating things I'd ever had the pleasure to listen to in the entire world.

I remember that feeling from long ago when I looked at you

I remember that time when I knew you, you knew me

I think about those desperate times

When I wanted to be like you, hang out with you

But it's merely a memory that's passed by

And, can you smile?

You want this

You hope for this

I can't seem to have you with only my heart

And, can you smile?

I said to go

I said I'm okay

Seems like I can give nothing

But this to you at the end

His voice was so beautiful and peaceful. It was just a work of art in itself. It could put anyone and everyone to sleep. He paused for a second before laughing lightly.

"Why are you so dazed?"

"Your voice..." I sighed with a smile. "... It's so soothing..."

He leaned closer to me, kissing me lightly on my cheek. I was so surprised that I ended up scooting a bit back.

"Too intimate?" he asked me with big eyes. Well, not that big. He was naturally chinky, so it was probably the biggest they could ever get.

"I just... I didn't know you felt that way," I told him.

"I'm not very clear about my feelings correct?" he asked me.

I didn't say anything, just a simple nod.

"This hold you have on me," Sunggyu's eyes darted from me to the piano. "...is similar to the relationship between the keys of a piano. A song cannot simply be created with just one key, one note. You must play on multiple notes, changing and transitioning into multiple melodies. They rely heavily on each other to create a beautiful product—a song. Now for me, I cannot go a day without seeing you, hearing your voice, knowing that you are safe and happy. I rely on you for you are a source of my own happiness now. I am a white key, you are a black, and the product of our song is your smile."

His analogy was enough to give me a clear picture. None of them could help it. I know. I understand. But why me of all people? I'm not. I'm not worth loving. "Why must you care for me so much? I am no one special."

"But you are!" he inched closer to me, placing my hand on one of the keys. He pressed ever so lightly on my fingertips, causing a note to play. It was a whimsical, light note. "You are as special as this note." He pushed my finger to another side a bit. "And this one." He did so again. "And this one too."

"Don't you think you deserve someone better? Is it worth loving someone like me?"

"You are all I want, all I yearn for, all I need. It's unexplainable," he smiled softly while still looking at the keys. "As long as you are always here for me, I can go day by day without receiving an ounce of love in return."

"Sunggyu..." I felt my throat closing up. The tears were about to come, I knew it. Why can't any of them just choose someone else? Why can't they stop loving me so? Why me? Why them? Why this? Why now?

"You are all I need to keep smiling," his hand grazed by my cheek, as if a tear had fallen for him to catch. "And I hope that my presence is enough to do the same for you."

My eyes glanced at his own. I felt the kindness, the love, the adoration he held for me in that instant. "You do make me smile, don't doubt it for a second."

"Well, that's good," he sighed. "Just think about my song each time you feel like frowning! Itis asking you to smile~"

I pulled my hand back as he began to continue playing.  He had this amazing talent with music, I couldn't get over it. It's like every note he touched was a simple extension of his body. He was truly a mesmerizing figure.

I remember a long time ago when I received your heart

I think of those times when you were overflowing to me and I was thankful

We came across a farewell when we loved the most, when we were happiest

I couldn't hold you back because you were overflowing to me

Because I was sorry

And, can you smile?

You want this

You hope for this

I can't seem to have you with only my heart

And, can you smile?

I said to go

I said I'm okay

Seems like I can give nothing

But this to you at the end

"Such a sad tune though," I told him. "Why so melancholy if it's meant to make me smile?"

"All I simply ask is for you to smile. No matter how sad any one of us brothers could, may, or will get; I want you to know that our only request for you is to keep smiling."

"So it's meant for my... funeral?"

"Oh no!" he was astounded. "I want you to become a vampire. If in the end you are with us for all eternity, then by all means turn into one of us. But... It's a big sacrifice for a lifetime; so regret can come knocking at the door immediately or somewhere down eternity. Also, it is not my choice to make. I hope you understand that our opinions should not matter."

"But they do matter to me," I pleaded. "All of you mean so much to me that it's impossible not to consider your sides."

This was when I realized how mature and loving he was. He was the figure I never had in my life. He was someone I looked to for protection, for answers, for support, for advice, for a talk. He looked at situations with an open eye and told me what he truly felt. Sunggyu was truly the big brother of the Princes. I had always been the oldest, the sister who took care of everyone else. But here, with him, I'm not. I became the child who sought for his wisdom and words.

"That is where you are wrong, sweet Sophia," he took a hold of my hands. "The seven of us Princes and that vampire hunter best friend of yours are probably the most selfish people in this situation. It is extremely egocentric of any of us to place our opinions on your shoulders. You have enough to worry about. Now, I believe that you are weighing out the pros and cons of both situations. At least you have two different women in your life who can tell you their sides."

"Eh?" His words were true. This was my decision to make. This was my choice. I was the controller of my life. But what did he mean by two different women?

"Do you not recall the stories of Mrs. Moon and my Mother?" he asked me. "Mrs. Moon has lived a good life knowing all about us and she's still got the boot and fiery personality she had when she was our age. And Mother... Mother is forever frozen in time with her husband by her side."

"You're right!" I exclaimed. "They both have the experience from either experience. I never thought of that!"

He instantly grinned even larger than before. "So I helped?"

"Oh yes yes yes yes yes you did!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in close.

I knew he was surprised. He stood still for a few seconds, probably processing what I had just done. He wrapped his lean arms around my waist and pulled me in. I felt a grin form around his white face.

"This..." he sighed softly, "this is enough to make me smile for days."

I let go of our embrace. "I've never hugged you, have I?"

"Nope," he couldn't stop smiling. It was absolutely adorable. "Not that I'm keeping track or anything... Wait! Who said you could let go!?"

"Play more of your song and I'll give you another one!" I pouted.

He started laughing before turning back to the piano. "Okay okay, just for you."

And still, still, in the end, still I

But probably in the end, I still

And still, still, in the end, still I

But in the end, I still

That's when another voice interrupted his song. It was a powerful and deep voice, one that was meant to add a strong, masculine tone to the entire piece. Sunggyu stopped singing and grinned at the door, while still playing on the piano.

I turned to see the only dark red haired Prince. He leaned against the door with a big smirk. His voice was also something that was captivating to hear.

But I was suffocating from those frequent words of yours

You tell me with rage that my way of talking and actions

Make you lose your words

That they make your anger rise

On this violent night,

The stars lit up the sky, the moon shone

And you went steadily down your path

Stars and the night are coming

They're only covered by other stars

The moon will always stay there

I'll always be here for you, want you

Dongwoo nodded at his brother before Sunggyu began singing once more. I was truly in another world by then. The red haired Prince walked into the room casually. He wore a white dress shirt, mostly ed to expose his muscles underneath, where the sleeves were also rolled up to his elbows. Black dress pants and shoes finished the outfit simply.

And, can you smile?

I want to hold you, hold you

But having you by my side, you've lost your smile

And, can you smile?

I said to go

I said I'm okay

Because you can only be happy once you leave my side

Sunggyu played the last note, which extended softly and faded slowly.

"Wow," I gasped. "That was absolutely breathtaking!" I started to clap repeatedly. They deserved to showcase their talents to everyone, to the entire world, to the whole universe.

"Thank you," Sunggyu smiled. "The two of us have been working on that for a while... Now that you mention it... Your timing is impeccable, brother." The last sentence hinted at his annoyance.

"I didn't even need to hear the piano playing. The maids were swooning and sighing and they kept wiping the same spot on the mirrors because they could hear you sing," Dongwoo started laughing. "Over and over again. It's like there was a stain on them that wouldn't come off or something. Thought I'd check out who had you singing; turns out it is an angel~"

"Clever," Sunggyu glared at his brother. "Clever indeed."

I giggled lightly before standing up from the wooden piano seat. Sunggyu followed my actions and we walked up to Dongwoo. Sunggyu kept eyeing his brother though, and vice versa. Those two enjoyed nagging at each other, it was just their relationship.

"Mind if I steal her?" Dongwoo's smirk didn't disappear.

"Actually I do mind," Sunggyu scoffed.

"Too bad it's not your choice to make," the red haired Prince fought back.

"Too bad I'm older and have authority over you," the chinkier retaliated.

"If you can beat me."

"If you can out run me."

"Maybe I should go," I scratched the back of my head. "It would be rude of me to deny spending some time with him. This was truly a wonderful way to start my day, Sunggyu."

I immediately hugged him, my back turned to Dongwoo. I could imagine what Sunggyu was mouthing to his brother. Dongwoo snarled heavily while Sunggyu happily giggled. They truly liked angering the other. As I let go, I gave him a quick peck on his chubby cheeks.

"Thank you," I whispered.

He stood still, astonished, as he raised one of his hands to brush against his cheeks. Sunggyu stared at me while I interlocked arms with Dongwoo and walked out of the room. I waved at him and giggled before leaving the room.

I left that room feeling a whole lot better about my future. Sunggyu knew just what to say to make me understand that a decision wasn't impossible. I could easily ask Mrs. Moon and Queen Jenny about their sides. They're living through it as we speak.

Sunggyu, my dear Prince, you've started to shine brighter in my eyes. You are wonderful. You are caring. You are loving. You are no longer a big brother in my eyes. Your melodies have started to replay in my heart. Your voice has captivated my memories. Your love has pierced my own. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG. I AM SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME. 

but now that i'm out of school, I get to update twice a day maybe? I decided to make the story last longer than I had hoped for.... so yeahhhhh.... >____________>

hi. guys. tell me what you are all feeling lol. i'm glad that i didn't lose any subscribers after having died for a month. lol. :3

I didn't mean for that to be a GIF btw, but since it worked. HEEEEYYYYYY lol. it's cute. it's not mine sooooo... yeah. T_____T i can't make GIFs to save my life. sobs forever.