Chapter Forty Three-The Seventh

I am not so easily wooed~

 

 

With the pouring rain just invading every inch of the entire kingdom, Sophia kept her eyes locked on the Prince in front of her. She tried her best not to seem weak in his presence, simply because this individual cared for her so much that he was willing to do anything to keep her happy and smiling. He always watched over her with a careful eye and knew whenever she experienced sudden mood changes. This Woo brother had a keen sense of knowing precisely what she was trying to hide, and he definitely was capable of making her profess the truth whether she liked it or not. 

His mood changed once he realized that something was wrong. He leaned forward a bit, lowering his eyes so he could match hers precisely. There was no way she could have avoided his piercing look. "You okay?"

She looked down at her feet for a second before returning her gaze to his eyes. "Honestly, I've been better."

He sighed while following her gesture. She noticed how tired he looked. "Yeah, me too. I was never prepared to partake in a war like this, both physically and mentally. It's really starting to take its toll on me."

Sophia took a step closer to him, reaching out with her right hand to graze by his wet cheeks. He accepted her touch with such happiness, even though it was the slightest amount imaginable. "You should slow down then."

"Never," his dark eyes pierced hers with such intensity, "not until I know you can safely sleep at night without having to worry about another attack."

And that was typical Woohyun, always caring about others before himself.

"So you know who started the war?" She asked him a simple question that she hadn't known the answer to yet.

He nodded simply. "Yes. The Lee family. All of the assassins I've encountered held their trademark. And well, the assassination attempts on you beforehand didn't help either."

A small scoff left her lips. That was something she should have known. "I don't understand why they would even wage a war on your kingdom like this."

"I don't think the reasons matter, now that the damage has been done. A lot of things have happened that can't be returned to normal and well, lives have been lost."

When he said lives had been lost, a surge of feelings that had been pushed aside rushed back into her heart. "So I'm guessing you know..."

"About Mrs. Moon?"

A flood of images and scenes rushed through Sophia's mind. Seeing her so hurt, so damaged, so broken in the library was heartwrenchingly painful to experience. She tried her best to make sure everyone was safe, and completely forgot to properly look after herself in the end. The lovely, caring woman sacrificed herself for the wellbeing of those she tended to. What hurt the most was seeing how it affected Sungyeol. The look in his eyes when she finally parted from them, that was something the Princess would never... ever... forget.

She couldn't seem to say it out loud. It was still unbelievable in her mind. "Right, about Mrs. Moon."

"Yeah," he took a hold of her hand and gripped it tightly. "I ran into Sungyeol not too long ago. He was hiding her body in one of the rooms in the palace until this all ended. He told me he wanted to gather all of the bodies for proper burials before doing anything."

"He really admired her."

"We all did. Greatly," Woohyun stared at the gray sky above us. It was truly a melancholic environment. "But, yeah, I know what you mean. Him especially. Just thinking that she isn't around anymore is really hard. She's always been there for us, basically like she truly was a part of our family. I just, can't imagine my Father's face and reaction when he finds out. At least she's in a happier place, right?"

And that was something Sophia had completely overlooked. The Kings' relationship with Mrs. Moon. They were so close, he even called her Auntie Mimi. And... And well, they have spent a longer time together than any of the Woo brothers did with her. She knew of his love for her mother, and for the current Queen herself. And Mrs. Moon looked out for his betterment and supported him through the thick and thin with no problems.

News of her death would really create a void in the King's life. Yeah, even though this ending was inevitable for she wasn't frozen in time like them. Just thinking that someone who you'd known since the start of your life was no longer there... It was truly painful. And the fact that Sophia had lost everyone from her 'normal' life also... Was this the price of fulfilling one's destiny? Was this the punishment they received for their selfish choices?

And well, Sophia knew just how painful it was to feel empty.

"Yeah, she deserves a happy ending."

"I bet she's with Sungwoo Moon right now, watching over us. And probably judging me for not bringing you into the shade to cover up from the rain," he began to pull Sophia closer and closer to the palace.

Every step we took felt like I was walking on pudding. The mushy grass had been soaked by the heavy load of rain pouring upon us. Woohyun didn't seem to slow down at all, but remained extremely cautious of his surroundings. Sophia kept her face down, staring at her feet as he transported her from one location to another. She felt for the book and letters in her pocket, and they were still dry thankfully.

"Woohyun," she called out his name like a song.

"Yes, love?"

"I wish I could just forget all of the bad stuff."

And he stopped in our tracks for a moment. He didn't turn his back to face her, nope. He stood still and sighed heavily, "Why would you want to forget that?"

"Then maybe my heart wouldn't hurt as much," she told him honestly.

"Without the bad stuff, you wouldn't have learned from your mistakes, choices, troubles, misfortunes, or curses. You wouldn't have grown into the beautiful individual you are now with a headstrong and independent personality. The good stuff and the bad stuff both matter, dear Sophia." He finally rotated his body and sternly stared into her eyes. She needed to know how he felt about her pessimistic words. She was not at fault for anything.

"I don't think any of that matters, now that I'm the only one left," she added onto the mysterious cloud that surrounded the entire kingdom.

Woohyun took a step back. He slowly began to realize what her words meant. She was the only one left. Without wasting another moment, he pulled her hand forward, causing her body to crash against his. The rain had already soaked them so badly, to the point where their clothes were literally clinging to every inch of their body. She could feel his hard chest muscles against hers, and the steady heartbeat of his body echoing through her system. Woohyun tightened his biceps around her body and didn't seem to want to let go in any way shape or form.

"I—"

"Don't know what to say," she finished his sentence for him. "I know. I didn't either. I just wish my good memories were the only ones I could remember. Then I can recall all of the people I love for their good qualities and the good moments. The bad stuff... It just brings nothing but sadness and pain in my heart. It's really unfortunate."

He released his hold around her finally, and pressed his hands on her cheeks. His palms rested against the apples of her face as he made her stare deep into his eyes. "I'm sure they wouldn't want you to forget them at all, the good or the bad."

"Why would they want to be remembered through the bad memories?"

"Because bad memories always lead to good ones."

Woohyun leaned forward, extending his lips closer to hers. Sophia responded by shutting her eyes and waited for the soft kiss. It was pleasant, heartwarming, sweet to say the least. When they both returned to looking at each other, it felt like they were in their own world.

The Prince focused his eyes on her, well, all until some figures in the distance caught his attention. He zoomed in on the shadows running towards them. Those people were not ones welcome in his home. And he tightened his grip on Sophia's hand. A growl escaped his throat before he began to hastily drag her to the opposite side of the palace.

"What's going on Woohyun?" Sophia asked as they got further and further from the palace.

"Assassins. There were a handful running towards us," he didn't turn back to look at her. Woohyun looked around for a safe place to hide. There had to be somewhere he could bring Sophia to keep her moderately safe. "I need to get you to a safe place. An open field is not an optimal area to be with you."

Sophia started to feel her legs give in on her. Her heart was racing at such a fast pace that she didn't know how long they'd been running for. Everything seemed to go so much slower than normal. But she knew she couldn't stop running. It was just really hard to keep on going when she felt like she was about to keel over dead.

"I don't think I can go any further, Woohyun."

Woohyun recognized her weakening frame. He immediately noticed the maze, where they had their very first encounter, and decided that was the best place. "Come on Soph, just a bit more."

Together, they dashed into the green maze. Where all of the walls were covered in a variety of flowers and were at least eight feet tall. Woohyun had a good sense of memorizing how to get from the entrance to the middle fountain of such a great maze. It was extremely easy for someone to get lost in it. Every twist and turn caused Sophia to want to pass out even faster. As the rain continued to fall, it made the feeling of panic rush through her body at a mellower pace. For some reason, the rain calmed her.

As soon as the two royals reached the middle of the maze, Sophia ran to the fountain to sit down properly. She stretched out her legs as best she could before taking off Hoya's jacket. Woohyun stood right beside her, keeping his ears open to any sudden noise changes. There were four different openings and exits in the maze, facing north, south, east, and west; meaning there were four chances that someone could attack them.

"Hey, Soph."

"Yes?" The Princess lifted her head to see what the Prince had wanted. She was rubbing her feet as best she could. He wasn't looking at her, but keeping keen on what could happen next.

"I love you."

Those words were ones that she should have expected. Yet hearing it was something that made her realize how unprepared she was.

"I know you do."

"You know," he tried not to look at her in the eyes. That would be the end of his concentration if he did. But he had to get this out. He had to tell her, "I don't mean just the simple sort of love."

"Woohyun, I don't think this is—"

"I can't think of a better time to tell you. I could depart from this world so quickly and I want you to know just how I feel," the Prince took a deep breath. "I'm insanely in love with you. And... And I don't know why all of us had fallen for you. It's stupid. It's stupid for brothers to love the same girl, that's when problems arise right? I mean, these few months have been such a paradise for all of us; and we completely overlooked the issue that only one can be the one for you. It's stupid for any of us to just accept it. I'm trying so hard, really hard, to win you over. But my damn brothers are also good at what they do and so I'm sure that you've fallen for all of us over the course of your time here.

"And I can't imagine spending the rest of eternity with anyone else. Or the rest of my miserable life with anyone else. I can't imagine waking up next to someone who wasn't you. I can't imagine telling another girl that I loved them. I can't imagine not seeing your smile, or hearing your laugh, or just being in your presence. It's just impossible. You've made such a big impact on my life. You've reprogrammed all that I believe. I don't understand how you did it. I don't understand how I could possibly love someone so much.

"I don't want our love to end up like our parents'. My Father and your mother. They loved each other more than life itself. And their story ended in such tragedy. I feel bad for them. Yeah, if life hadn't taken the course it did then none of us would have existed. And that's alright with me. Because I know I would have met you in another lifetime. I know that you'd end up in my life one way or another. No matter how much my Father loves my Mother, he'll always love your Mother more than anything. Is that what true love is? Because that's what I'm experiencing.

"I'm truly in love. I'm in madly in love with this stupid girl. She entered my life with a hateful disposition towards all royals, who just so happen to all be vampires, but that doesn't really matter. This stupid girl got all dolled up and captured all of the guys' heart during the annual banquet just a few months ago. Her beauty was that captivating. Forget the fact that she is half vampire and half human—the perf ect concoction of immortality and humanity. That doesn't matter. We first talked over here in this maze. She had yelled about why she was the one being punished, which I didn't quite understand at first.

"I worked extremely hard to flirt with that girl. In some surprising twist of the night, she agreed to meet me again at noon the following day. And when we saw each other once more, she threw out the fact that I was a Prince out of her mind. She didn't care. That made me love her more. My status was nothing to her. It was really different from everything else I'd experienced with other princesses. We talked for what felt like hours just about our interests and attributes. I felt like I had known her forever. My brothers and I performed some sort of miracle when we made her actually like us. Not even the love sort of like, just the respectable and honorable sort of like.

"Then we just all kept felling deeper and deeper more madly in love with her. And when she found out about our big secret. She doesn't even care! What sort of blasphemy is that?! We tell her that we are a predatory species designed to murder humans and feed off of their blood for all eternity; and she just pushes that fact to the side. Who does that? But that made us love her more. Then we found out about her brain tumor. That worried us. It scared me the most. I didn't want to lose her. But I also didn't want to curse her with being a vampire. She could end up like my Mother or like my Auntie. I wasn't sure if I was prepared to lose her. I wasn't. I will never be prepared to part ways with her. I know that.

"And I wanted to make her last month of life the best she had ever had. Then her entire past had unfolded in her eyes. She got into fights with her best friend. But she found lost comrades. She had discovered her place in society. I was her support system, right? At least a small part of it. I wish I did help. I hope I did. Did I?

"My brothers and I have always been rivals growing up, especiall since we are all so close to each other. We had a healthy competition in terms of this girl. One of us seems like the clear winner, then she turns around and changes up the order on us! It's like she doesn't want us to know who is winning! Her choice doesn't matter to us, for we know that we'd still love her. But, man, I would really love to know if I'm winning! That would make me smile for all of eternity.

"Now here I am, in that stupid maze where we first shared our introductions, protecting her as best as I can. Simply because I love her. Simply because I believe her life is worth ten thousand of mine."

Sophia couldn't tell if it was her tears or the rain flowing down her face. Woohyun still had his back to her, partially because he wanted to stay focused and because he was also crying himself. He never liked exhibiting weakness to anyone, especially not Sophia, and she was the only person in the world capable of making him cry like this. This Prince released all that he had kept hidden for so long. It was as if a large weight was lifted from his shoulders.

The Princess calculated her feelings. She didn't know who she loved the most. They had all made such an impact on her life, picking just one was too difficult. All of them had different qualities that were so wonderful to her. And they all showed her nothing but love.

How does she narrow it down?

Before she could speak, Woohyun twitched to the east corner of the maze. An assassin walked up to block that path. Then he turned to the west, another assassin stood there. Southern way was covered by another. And the only other exit in the north was also blocked.

"Are you crying?" one asked as he cleaned off the tip of his katana.

"Oh God, this is such a sappy family."

"Tell me about it. You need to man up."

"This is why falling in love is for the weak, idiot."

Woohyun stood still, staring back at his assailants. There had to be a system at which he could defeat them. But he was great disadvantaged. Simply because it was four against one. And he wasn't a full fledged vampire. He was automatically the weakling of the bunch.

"She's really pretty. Is she your girlfriend?"

"She reeks of a human, but her aura isn't that of a human."

"Do you talk lovely?"

"Want to come with us? We can rock your world."

"Leave me alone," Sophia growled under her breath. "Get away from us."

"Oh little miss doll here knows how to talk," an assassin laughed haughtily.

"We don't take orders from weaklings, sorry," another added.

"Then listen to my words. You aren't going to leave here alive," Woohyun didn't budge a centimeter as he spoke. "I promise you that."

"Is that a challenge?" one of the assassins raised his weapon, which was a small dagger.

"Because we like challenges," the last grinned, who was holding a long sword.

In a blink, two of the assassins disappeared from Woohyun's point of view. They had reappeared to Sophia's side and took a hold of her arms. Before Woohyun could properly respond, the other two slammed him down to the ground, rendering him useless basically. Sophia tried to pull her ligaments away from the enemies' grasp. But she was far weaker than Woohyun, and he wasn't that strong compared to them. So basically. It was like a worm against a gorilla. You are definitely going to lose.

Without wasting another second, Sophia realized that the two assassins holding onto her were also grasping onto their weapons. While everyone was too focused on Woohyun, she yanked her hand out of one of their grips and took a hold of the dagger in one's hand before slamming it into their heart. It was the only moment she could have ever gotten them at their weakest point. Her fast thinking was what changed the game. The enemies needed to learn that underestimating was not how to win battles. The vampire she killed fell back, almost into the fountain water, before his body darkened in colour and lost its life. The other assassin holding onto her tried to attack her with his sword, but she had forced him to slice her hand instead. Before her blood could even touch the grass below, Woohyun had pushed one of the vampire assassins into the line of fire of the sword, causing them to die, as he pressed his lips against her blood.

Yeah, Sophia wasn't sure if Woohyun was number one in her heart. But she loved him none the less. That was undeniable. That was the truth. That was what he needed to know from the start. She was going to make sure that he could be around forever to love his brothers for all eternity, and to show the world what he was capable of.

The sweetness covered his entire system in a matter of seconds. His muscles tightened even further under his wet clothes. He felt his entire body accepting her like she wanted him to. This was the feeling of becoming a full fledged vampire. She didn't need to tell him straight to his face that she loved him. No. This was good enough for this Prince. His power exponentially increased. He was becoming a whole different sort of creature.

The assassin that had accidentally killed his friend screamed, "Don't just stand there idiot!"

With that order, the other had grabbed a hold of his katana and plunged Woohyun in his torso. This caused him to release his grip around Sophia's wound and fall back. His eyes were still closed as he tried to wiggle out of the katana's point. In another moment, the first assassin grabbed a hold of Sophia's throat and plunged her deep into the fountain's water.

That's the thing about being part human. You still had to breathe. And you can't breathe underwater. He was going to drown her. Especially since Woohyun was basically invincible now.

A piercing scream that escaped Sophia was what drew Woohyun's attention back to reality.

Sophia felt start closing in on her as his hold around tightened. She felt her world crash as her entire body entered the disturbed water. She couldn't yell loud enough. With each moment she tried to open for air, water flood in like an intruder. This girl tried to raise her hands to attack her assailant, but that didn't work. She tried to scratch something, and yet again that option did not tilt the situation into her advantage at all.

Woohyun lifted his head and felt the rain fall down upon him even harder than before. It was a strengthening shower and threatened to flood anything below sea level. He waited as each drop landed on every inch of his body. Each tear that escaped his body was clouded with so many emotions. But then, the water just stopped touching him in general. They bounced off his body as if he was repelling it. The water that was clogging Sophia's throat began to escape her lungs. What had covered her nose and mouth earlier began to part, letting her breath fresh air. The assassin holding onto her couldn't believe what was going on. It was as if the water was alive. No. It was worse. It was now under Woohyun's power.

Before he stood up and pulled his torso out of the assassin's weapon. He was now in control. And his tears were now his own personal advantage over everyone.  They tried to drown the girl he loved. He was surrounded by rain. He was crying as they attacked. There were too many water variables and symbols that could be attributed to his power. But that didn't matter. It was payback time.

He lifted his hand and the water from the fountain rose into a great monster. It accumulated as the raindrops around it hugged each and every droplet. This monster was definitely increasing in size, and was not there to play around. The assassin let go of his grip on Sophia and tried to escape the path of the water monster. But he failed as the glob of aquatic attributes slammed itself against him, causing him to fall on his back. Then it was as if each and every single droplet of water that was falling on his body turned into icicles. Each was at least a foot long in length and four inches in diameter, meaning they could easily stab through his body. Which they did. All over his hands, feet, head, torso, legs, before reaching his heart. And that was the most painful way he could have gone.

The other dropped his weapon at his feet and kept taking steps back until he slammed his body against the tall green bush. With his eyes open, he stared the monster down. He could breathe underwater. So drowning wasn't even an option. What did Woohyun have in plan for him? While he was too busy staring down the aquatic creature Woohyun had created, the Prince bent over and took a hold of the katana. He then plunged forward, slamming the assassin's own weapon against his heart. His body grew pale as his veins protruded out as they normally did upon death.

Sophia stood up and caught her breath. She wrapped her hands around , trying to sooth the pain that she had felt for what seemed like ages. Woohyun immediately held her tight into a hug, realizing how close she was to death. He never imagined a moment without her, and being so close to losing her just struck him in the heart so hard. He loved her. Really. He did.

"I don't think I'm going to go swimming any time soon," Sophia coughed out as the rain that surrounded them lightened up dramatically. It returned to its original drizzling form.

"Is it because of me?" Woohyun grinned.

"Yes, all because of a stupid Prince who can control the stupid water."

"Well, he wouldn't be able to do that if it weren't for a stupid Princess who doesn't think things through."

"What a stupid Princess."

"What a selfish Prince."

Woohyun gave her a slight kiss on the forehead before dragging her right back out of the maze. Sophia noticed as the air around him just matured so greatly. He had seemed so much taller to her, not that he had grown, but because it seemed like he towered above her more now. She couldn't quite put her finger to it. But this was how the other guys felt about her after their transformations. They reached a whole new level of maturity that not a lot of people could experience in their life.

Once they left the green lush environment, Sophia noticed a familiar figure in the distance. She had zoned in on him, realizing just who it was. His weapon was shining in the rain, oddly enough, as he pierced each enemy with such skill and precision. She had never seen him so determined before in her life, not even when he had saved her from the assassination attempt not that long ago.

Sophia let go of her grip on Woohyun's hand as she ran up to Damien. She had to help him somehow. She didn't know just what road to take in terms of lending a hand, but she knew something had to be done. Woohyun trailed right after her. The other Woo brothers began to fight their way to where Sophia was headed also. Teams Alpha, Beta, and Gamma fended off the stragglers while the BEASTs went after assassins.

Damien noticed Sophia running up to him, and a sense of happiness entered his body entirely. He was so glad to see her safe, especially since the chances of her living this long during this entire damn war was slim to none. A thought ran through his mind: those vampires were good for something. But that was also his vital mistake.

Never. Ever. Take. Your. Eyes. Off. Of. The. Enemy.

For that single moment, was what changed the whole game. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYONE! sorry for the two week long vacation? would you call it that? lol. I kept running out of ideas. but got my mojo back once I started a new fic. I hope you like this chapter! tell me what you think alright? 

This was the final Woo brother chapter of the series :D 

But like the cliffhanger? What do you think happened? All of you might just hate me after this ;w; but it had to be done. IT HAD TO BE DONEEEEEE TRUST MEEEEE. <3 

OHHH. Come and support my new fic alright? I would really like that a lot :D 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/126468/my-soul-to-keep-angst-fantasy-romance-tragedy-mynameband-seyong-insoo

it has the boys of MYNAME in it, oh man. I've fallen head over heels for them. ;w; especially insoo and seyong. Which is why I chose them to be a part of my fic hehehe. 

Til next time! I shall answer comments in the next chapter as promised! I love hearing your thoughts and opinions so don't be shy!