Chapter Thirty Three—The Wish

I am not so easily wooed~

I looked down at the letter in my hands. Tablo. This was the second of the three letters in my mother's journal. It wasn't even directed to me, but the love of her life. The one she could never forget. The one who loves her even years after her death.

Slowly, I pushed aside the fold of the paper. It wasn't a lengthy one at all. Just a simple, to the point confession.

Dear Tabi,

Feels weird to write that after not seeing you for so long. Tabi. I know I haven't talked to you since... since that day. Even after years of separation I still turn to you in the darkest of times. Quite silly, isn't it? To tell you the truth, I'm afraid. I'm scared of the future. And I have no one else to turn to.

I've given birth to a child, Tabi. My own little baby girl named Sophia. She is an absolute wonder and a beautiful work of art. I heard through the grapevine that you've started up a family of your own, seven handsome princes, is it? I'm so glad to know that you have the family you've always dreamed of.  I truly am.

Over these years, I have been part of experiments. Experiments attached to a man named Professor Victor. Remember him? Well, I'm sure you do. These foolish and crazy  tests that have been performed on my entire being have really taken their toll on my body and life. I am weak, even as an immortal being. And day by day, I just seem to be getting worse. The life of my baby is in jeopardy with my state being this sad. And her father has no way of protecting himself if I were to pass on.

Tabi, I'm asking you for one final favor. If anything were to happen to me or my husband, please... please look after my child. She is the only descendant left after me, thus she is carrying the legacy of my family. Royal blood flows through her veins. And she is a special little girl. She is half mortal. She has the abilities to be a better example than our ancestors were before us. And I do hope that she reaches great heights. I know that I am asking for something so large and odd, but... I just need to know that you will abide by my wishes.  

I wish you the best and I hope that you agree to my last wish. Tabi. I know you all too well, and I'm sure you're going to do something drastic after this. I doubt that you will look for me, but if you are planning on doing so. Heed my words: do not. It will be useless and a foolish choice to make. Please. I'll try to contact you once more. Just don't push to find me. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time.

Always and Forever,

Aurora

My mother didn't ask for him to look for her. She told him to do the opposite, actually. Why wouldn't she want to be found? Was it because she was afraid of what the Professor was capable of? What he could do to Tabi? And what kind of life he'd leave behind if he were to die? I felt like she had known all along that she'd die. She had watched the other women, the other men, the other families pass on because of the experiments. Even though she was immortal, she had her focus on the future. She didn't fear death, but feared what it could bring to those she loved and left behind. It all changed when I was born. Her own little baby changed her path. She no longer looked at her life as being so easily disposed. She wanted to live. She wanted me to live. She wanted so many things that she knew was impossible to achieve because of the experiments. And she feared for what could happen to me because I was also a part of them too.

Even in her final moments, she wished him the best, especially since she wasn't at his side. The longing love for Tablo echoed in her letter, in her words, and in every letter and period. She pleaded for his love. She secretly wanted him to fight for her. She secretly wished he would betray her warning and search for her. And he did. He tried his best, but they weren't good enough.

And all he had left in her memory was me. Since he found me at the gates, he'd been taking care of me. He didn't hold onto me and made me a part of his family because I reminded him of her so much, right? I was her living legacy. I was her baby. I was the dream and the manifestation of her life and love. It must have hurt him to know that my mother still trusted him after what he had done. He had gotten his wish: she still loved him. And he still loved her. Always and forever.

I looked up, staring through the crack that stood still. The figures in the grand room did not budge. The Queen was so distant in her eyes. She didn't know how to react. The Princes were all so frozen in shock. Mrs. Moon brushed her hand against the King's shoulders, trying to calm him down. But nothing she would do could have helped. The pain that had built up in his heart was finally out for the entire world to stare at. And his tears flooded the floor. All for the people he cared for the most to judge him by.

Pushing aside the door, I decided it was time to make my appearance. The anger melted away in my heart. The pain numbed with every passing second. It wasn't my place to have judged him so harshly. I should have waited to hear his hide. My mother's journals weren't enough to base a judgment off of. And now my actions have destroyed a family. And this wasn't my choice to make.

It was my turn to apologize. Apologize to them all.

All eyes turned to me, staring in astonishment at my presence. I folded the letter nearly and placed it back in my pocket. Quietly, I strode to the side of the aching man, and wrapped my arms around him.

"I am sorry," I simply whispered.

His sniffles softened, but he continued to weep. His head rested on my shoulder. His arms still against the cold ground. "Sorry... You? Why would you be sorry?"

"Because I was too quick to make a judgment on you. And I truly am sorry for that. I should have listened to your side before attacking you so coldly. I only had simple words and inferred from a little journal and the lies of mad man. I truly want to apologize," I told him.

"The apology is not meant to escape your lips, but it is meant to be whispered from my own," he replied.

I got up and straightened myself. One by one, I looked at each and every person in the room. I had so much to say to each of them, but couldn't find the words.

"I apologize to you all. I'm sorry for the strain I've put on your family. And I do apologize for every ounce of it. Queen Jenny, I hope you see that the King does love you. If he didn't love you, he would have chosen to expire just has he had planned. You must have reminded him of what love truly meant. You had captured his heart even though it had blackened from my mother's departure. If that doesn't scream true love, I don't know what does. Sunggyu. Dongwoo. Woohyun. Hoya. Sungyeol. Myungsoo. Sungjong. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for treating you all so coldly and violently at the balcony. Your words were all from your hearts and I should've seen that instead of the darkness in my own. I know all you want is for me to be happy, and I truly am when you're all by my side. Mrs. Moon. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for your kindness. I apologize for not saying it as often as I should," I smiled at them kindly.

Queen Jenny rushed to me, wrapping her frail arms around my neck. She then raised her hands against my cheeks and smiled at me in return. The tears rushed down her face. "You are nothing short of a blessing. And your mother would be so proud of you. I hope you understand that. Thank you, my dear, for reminding me why I loved him so much. It was his heart, his passion, his love. I know I'm not the first to take a hold of his heart, but I am lucky to have been the one to fix it."

She let go of me and ran to her husband. While on her knees, she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close. The Queen wanted her King to know that she'd love him no matter what. Because she had fallen head over heels for his everything. And as a vampire, she'd never forget.

"Sweetheart," Mrs. Moon hugged me lightly as best she could. "You need to rest. You need to rest properly."

"I'm alright," I pleaded.

"I know, I know," she smiled, "but really. You need to sleep a full night."

"We'll take her up," Hoya's voice spoke up next.

"I'll send up some food carts and beverages," the elderly woman fixed my hair softly. She stared into my eyes for a long time. "You are so strong. And I admire that about you. All of this... us... our world... every part of it, it is overwhelming. And here you are taking it all in with an open mind and heart. It may hurt, it may make you smile, it make damage relationships and strengthen them, it may bring back old friends or push away those you already have, but I want you to know that you have control. You are truly a wonderful person."

Someone took a hold of my hand and pulled me away from the room lightly. The eight of us ended up in my room, naturally. I tried not to look them in the eyes after the episode I had today. It's been such an emotional roller coaster, they must've been so tired of it all. The moment I took a few steps into my bedroom, someone wrapped their arms around me.

"You scared us so much," the lingering voice echoed in my ear. Sunggyu held back his tears, trying to look at me as the sense of relief rushed through his veins.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I wanted to scream that I appreciated their kind heart. I wanted them to know that my love was for each of them was immense and indescribable. Causing them any ounce of pain was not something I wanted to do. I wanted to be the cause of their happiness and smiles.

Dongwoo pushed aside his older brother and held me in his strong grip. I felt his muscles contour against my body. "We don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you guys either." I wanted them to know that I had no intention of leaving any of them. I didn't want them to leave me either. With the seven Princes by my side, I felt nothing but happiness. I felt safe. I felt secure.

Woohyun pulled me out of Dongwoo's grip. He hugged me tightly, wresting his face against my own. "Please. Please don't think that you have to go through this by yourself."

"I won't. I know I have you guys." I needed to change. I needed to be more open. I had to stop overdoing everything. I just... I needed to take a step back whenever I felt overwhelmed and look at my options properly. I had to transform myself for the best. All for them.

Hoya held onto my shoulders and shifted me to face him instead of his brother. His lean arms held onto me gently, his biceps pressed against my shoulders. "We want nothing but for you to be happy."

"And I want your happiness to be reality also." I don't want them to only think about my happiness. Their own meant even more than mine did. Their smiles were so precious and were enough to make my heart flutter for days.

Sungyeol placed his hands over my eyes, causing Hoya to let go. When he removed them, his childish smile greeted me as he held me against his body. My head rested on his chest. "We only want what's best for you."

"I know." What if I wasn't what's best for them? Would they still accept me? No matter how many times I mess up? Will they still love me? But... they are what's best for me. Don't they see that? I know they are. I know what I want.

Myungsoo nudged for his brother to step aside, which he did. He held onto one of my hands as he wrapped the other around my waist. "Don't harm yourself anymore. The wounds on your body pain us ten thousand times than it does you."

"I apologize for my stupid actions." Each of the wounds was a way to prove to myself that I was still human. I was still me. I felt like... I felt like I died in the carriage ride home. The emotions I felt made my world crumble. The blood running was to prove that I was still alive, that I could feel pain, that I could still get hurt. It was all to prove that my life was worth something. It was all to show that I was not going to let this disease, this side effect rule my last remaining days in this world. It was a foolish decision. I knew what it would do to the boys. I knew what it would do to anyone who notices them. I was still willing to do it to myself. Simply because I was weak. I was worth nothing in my eyes. That was then. This is now.

Sungjong took a hold of my other hand, twirled me around, and hugged me kindly. "We love you."

"And I love you all." And I truly did. I had to choose someone right... someone better than the rest.... but who was higher up on the scales of my heart...

"Now sit sit!" Sungjong smiled at me sweetly. He seems to have gotten a bit taller. "I don't want you to be too tired."

I followed his words and sat down comfortably on the soft bedding. Sungyeol and Hoya scanned the small bookcase. The taller of the two brushed against the bindings of Mrs. Moon's book. I had hidden the letter she had given me to read from Sungwoo Moon in its pages. He picked it up to examine it and the letter fell out. Hoya and he stared at the folded paper for a few seconds, trying to figure out if he had ripped the book or if it was theirs to even look at. The rest of the boys got comfortable around me, in our typical circular grouping.

"It's alright you know," I giggled, "to pick up that letter."

"Are you sure?" Sungyeol asked.

"For some odd reason, I feel like Mrs. Moon would like it for all of us to read together," I reassured his doubt.

"It's from her?" Hoya asked as Sungyeol picked up the letter to bring it to our group. They both settled in front of me.

I reached out for Sungyeol to hand it to me. "No, it's from your ancestor, Sungwoo Moon."

They all stared at this little bundle of love. They were his last words, wishes, his last testaments for the one he cared for the most. Their family was cursed in terms of love and its outcomes. They weren't blessed in any way. Not even lucky. Mostly... tragic.

I unfolded its first page then the second, third, and fourth.  

"Dear Mimi,

The love of my life. The light of my world. The one who keeps me alive. I can't believe I'm meant to wed you tomorrow. I can hardly force myself to even sleep right now, which is why I am writing you this letter. I know I'm going to have to repeat this at noon tomorrow in the middle of the maze, our maze, next to our fountain. The fountain where I professed my love for you. Where our engagement was first said. It will be so magical, so beautiful, so amazing.

Have I told you lately that I love you? That I cherish you so much? That I've known for years that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you? What about that whenever I see you I get an instant surge of happiness? That every hug makes me yearn for you more? That I never want to lose you? That I enjoy your flaws because you act as if they ruin your entire physique?

I just love everything about you. And I honestly do mean everything. From the way your nose crinkles when I anger you to the way your cheeks redden upon seeing me. The way how you are the best gardener around yet you can't cook to save your life. All of it. All of it just makes me love you so much more.

I can hardly wait to be able to call you Mrs. Sungwoo Moon. To be able to hold you every night as you sleep in my arms. To be able to look at my own future and know that you'll forever be by my side, holding onto my hand and loving me every of the way. I can't wait to have a billion babies with you. I hope they have your personality. And my dashing good looks. Your kind heart. And my ability to adapt. We can give them all the names in the nation, in the land, in the continent. They can pursue all sorts of different dreams. And we will be there to pick them up whenever they fall. We can watch them fall in love on their own and get married and wait for our grandchildren to grow up in the same fashion.

Can I tell you something? I'm afraid. I am. The war that's been happening for a while, it's getting closer to the boarders of our kingdom. And  I'm so worried. I'm worried about what's going to happen. I hope this doesn't result in me having to go off into war so soon after our vows are said. We have to experience our honeymoon. Remember? I've told you so many tales about the beautiful island we own. That no one else knows about. It's passed down from King to each offspring. It's a secret location that only few know about. And it's our little secret.

But... if I were to go off into war. I'd fight so valiantly for you. I'd live for the two of us. Your love is what's going to keep me going. It's going to keep me alive. And I want you to know that. I love you. I really do. I love you more than you know. My eyes are getting tired now. It's time for me to rest.

I'm attaching some drawings, just for you. Do not make fun of my horrible art skills.

Your sweet Prince,

Sungwoo"

The boys were silently crying at their ancestor's words. He died fighting for a future for his descendants and for the love of his life. She meant more to him and he meant more to her than anyone else could ever imagine. He went off into war with a fearful heart, yet he also bore a kind of bravery that only a King could hold. Sungwoo wanted her to know that he was willing to do everything for her. That he was willing to fight in a war that he had no business being in, just so she could sleep safely at night. He wanted her to know that her life meant the entire world to him, and sacrificing his own to ensure that hers was not damaged was what he was willing to do.

I placed his letter down on the white sheets. He drew such cute pictures. Stick figures to be precise, on the very first of the three drawings. There was a girl and a boy, both with crowns on their heads. They were holding onto each other's hands and smiling greatly. It was a simple photo. At the bottom was a little boy's signature. Sungwoo Moon. Dated simply with his age. He drew it when he was six years old. There were huge arrows pointing to the boy and girl, giving them names. One was named after the artist himself and the other after his crush: Mimi.

The next was a much more skilled and beautiful drawing. It was a sketch of Mimi sleeping on a bed. It looked like he had spent a lot of time on it, but probably just spent a couple of hours as she slept. Each was fixed with gentleness and warmth. One could feel the love from the entire portrait. He used his fingers to smudge out needed areas for shadowing and different effects. He didn't overdo it at all.

The last was a sketch of them, together just like they should have been. He drew it from the point of view of someone being behind them. She was wearing a huge wedding dress and he was in nice dress clothes. It must be an interpretation of their wedding. It was amazing to see his skill multiply over the years. I guess that's how he expressed himself, with a piece of paper and a pencil. So many things could be felt just from his drawings. And they were always one of a kind.

The boys examined the drawings for a while. They were all thinking the same thing I was. That Sungwoo's love was unbelievable. And Mrs. Moon's love for his was just as heart wrenching.

"He spoke about the island," Myungsoo brushed his fingertips against that sentence of his letter.

"Yeah, I guess he wasn't kidding when he said that only a few people knew about it," Dongwoo's laugh lightened up the mood a bit.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The island," Woohyun smiled upon seeing Sungwoo's sketch of Mimi sleeping.

"What island?" They weren't answering my question at all.

"The island where one can really escape reality," Hoya grinned at me.

"The family island?"

"Yes," Sungjong sang lightly, "that island."

"And I'm guessing that it was something to do with me," I tilted my head to the side. Knowing them, they had some sort of plan for me. Especially after the whole only a month left to live. Which has now actually reduced to about two weeks.

Two weeks. That's all I had left. And I wasn't even anywhere near choosing an option.

"Smart girl," Sungyeol patted me on the head as he reached over with his long limbs. His gummy smile made me giggle on my own for a bit. "Yes, it does have something to do with you."

"You guys can't honestly make me think that you have something planned that I don't know about when we spend almost every hour of every day together," I squinted at each and every one of them. They all had this mischievous look on their faces. They were hiding something. And these seven Princes were not the best at keeping secrets from me.

"That is the thing, dear Princess," Woohyun touched the locks of hair lightly. He pressed his fingertips on the gift he had given me, the simple hairclip that shined in every ray of light. It was the symbol of his love. And I wore it every day. "We are together a lot... that is when you are aware of it."

"Sometimes we get you by ourselves," Dongwoo's grin didn't falter at all.

"Sometimes we are a group," Hoya added.

"Sometimes only one of us is missing," Sunggyu continued.

"But most of the time, we are gone as you dream your wonderful dreams," Myungsoo lifted his hand to touch my cheek sweetly. He stared into my eyes for a few seconds. I wanted to look away, but didn't in the end. He was just so mesmerizing.

His words reminded me. That day we left for the vampire headquarters! That was when they had left the palace walls for something. Or maybe they had left before and never told me. This was probably the first time they had gotten caught, now that I think about it. So what were they planning?

"Remember in the kitchen," Dongwoo caught my attention, "how I hinted at the seven of us planning something big and then we got into that food fight?"

"You mean the bucket?"

"Yes the bucket."

"Bucket?" asked about three brothers simultaneously.

Dongwoo and I kept looking at each other. Both trying to mentally tell the other that it wouldn't be the brightest idea to go on further with our story, yet I knew he wanted to bring it up to spite his brothers. They were in a constant competition after all. And they enjoyed seeing each other squirm.

"Do not meddle in my memories, dear brothers," Dongwoo smiled slyly at each of his siblings. "Anyways, remember what I talking about?"

"Yes, I do."

"Okay, well, we've been planning this for a while now," he continued.

"And it's something that we all agree on," Sungyeol clasped his hands together.

"We have everyone's blessing and consent, well that is from those whom we need it from," Sungjong smiled just like the rest. Actually, all of them were showing such beautiful grins at this time. It was really cute, yet slightly creepy. Okay, really creepy.

"Just spit it out already!" I exclaimed in a fit of curiosity and anger.

Each of them silenced the others for a few seconds. Their eyes screamed such happiness, yet their mouths refused to move. What was going on in their minds? What were they hiding?

"The island," Sunggyu took a hold of my hands and caressed them gently, "is yours."

My eyes enlarged at his news. I just stared at him for a while. Were his words really what I think he said? Or are my ears deceiving me? Is he being serious? Or is he just kidding?

"Wha..." I blinked a few times. The information was still sinking into my mind. "What?"

"We are taking you to the island," Sungjong push his older brother to the side so he could get a better look at my expression.

"...Why?"

"Because we love you," Myungsoo whispered. His words sent tingles down my spine. Even though they told me that numerously, it was still enough to make my heart explode like I had never hear it before.

"But..."

"But?" Hoya was afraid of what I would say.

"But the island... that's a family secret. I have no business being there," I was listing a bunch of problems with their gift.

The boys burst out into a storm of laughter. Each had a distinct giggle, chuckle, and laugh that it was enough to confuse me even more. Why would they be laughing? Shouldn't I be laughing at their joke? Why would they even suggest the island?

Woohyun was the first to calm himself down just enough to continue the conversation with me. "You are the only person in this world that we'd love to take to the island."

"And its location truly is top secret," Sungjong spoke.

"Yes it is! And it'll be a nice way to escape you know..." Sungyeol scratched the back of his head.

"The assassination attempts."

"The crazy vampire princes from other nations."

"The insane best friend hunter."

"Some BEASTs."

"Our parents."

"Just everyone," Hoya smiled at me. His smile hasn't faltered a bit. It's gotten... nicer. "Well, everyone but us."

"Unless you don't want us there," Dongwoo frowned.

"No I'd love to go! But... But..." I frantically started fiddling with my fingers. I couldn't look them in the eyes anymore. The sheer joy in their pupils and their grins made my heart burst at a faster and greater rate. They weren't lying. I know when they lie. And this wasn't a lie. They were actually being serious.

"Soph?" asked Myungsoo.

"Sophia~?" Sunggyu sang in his unique voice.

"You guys aren't kidding?" I continued to stare at my fingers.

"We aren't kidding," Woohyun whispered into my ear. "We want you to go to the island with us."

"When?"

"As soon as you want," Hoya's voice answered.

"Then in three days," I looked up at them. Their expressions after hearing my response was priceless. I guess they hadn't expected me to say something like that so suddenly. But I had to. With two weeks, three days was just the perfect amount of time. I could clear my head on the island and figure out what I was going to do. I had time to bid farewell to my siblings and family, using the getaway as an excuse. I had time to spend with the BEASTs and Damien. And I surely had time to feast on the upgrades made on the town. It was enough. Right?

"That quickly?" Myungsoo asked.

I nodded. "I feel that it's the most appropriate time slot. I only have fourteen days to live. Spending three to soak in the last days of my crazy life sounds nice. And spending seven more on a peaceful island to enjoy life. That leaves four to really finalize my decision."

In three days, I'm going to wake up next to a beautiful horizon and with those I love. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I APOLOGIZE FOR DYING OFF AGAIN D: I'd been adding and adding to this chapter that I didn't realize it was longer than I normally write. LOL. But I'm glad to see that I am getting new subscrbers still, who enjoy my story. I can't believe that you guys are sticking around for so long. Anyways! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO YOU ALL. TO YOU WHO IS READING THIS. TO YOU WHO HAS SUBSCRIBED. AND ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO LEAVE COMMENTS BEHIND. 

I am planning something epic. Because this story will come to a close. Well... idk. maybe. maybe not. depends. (;

Here's a poll! Please answer honestly~

 

 

 

 

PLEASE LEAVE BEHIND WHY IN THE COMMENTS. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. JUST VOTING WILL MAKE ME THINK THAT YOU GUYS ARE JUST PICKING RANDOMLY D: YOU MAY PICK TWO TO THREE CHARACTERS AS YOUR FAVORITES. BUT PLEASE INCLUDE WHY FOR EACH. I WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS AND SUCH. 

@applepearles; @asianchick1347; @cnicole; @shaneru-chi; @kpoprox9764~ THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

@BeautyDarkAngel~DON'T CRY I'VE MADE IT HAPPIER :D

@esoteric~ I honestly did not expect to write a vampire story lol. my friend, who i pitch and look to for advice on chapters and characters, told me that it could just ruin the whole story. but I am so glad that you enjoy it! I threw in so many twists and turns every which way I thought it would annoy so many people hahahhaha. Oh youuu~ Damien's part in the story is a bit outlandish, but all for a good reason! :D I am not bothered. I enjoy long comments. It makes me feel so much better  about my writing hehehe! I shall update as much as I can!  The ending will surely cause a commotion <3

@Animeakume~ Thank you so much! I'm glad that the vampire theme isn't too... normal? I see a bunch on here haha. I shall keep cliff hangers coming until the very end! Or maybe past it! Dun dun dun! Not letting you guys know anything! :D

@Shaelfice~ Thank you <3 I shall update as much as I can :D