Chapter Seventeen—The Gesture

I am not so easily wooed~

 

The next day wasn't that bad. I had managed to sneak out of my room without being forced back inside by someone. The King had rushed off to the hunter headquarters due to some dire emergency. I was worried at first, but the Queen insisted that it was probably just another plot to kill them gone wrong. Funny. Okay, not really.

Tiptoeing down the hallway was no problem. The butlers were probably off doing another mission, since I also hadn't seen Damien around. Relief for me in a sense, it took me a while to adjust properly to the fact that I really was talking to him again and he wasn't on the 'kill-all-the-Woos' rampage and anger trip like he was before. If everyone in this palace had their way, I wouldn't be able to touch the ground. Someone would be carrying me and ready to do every single thing I ordered. Now that may be something that others enjoy, but not me. They forgot that in all technicality, I still worked for them, as a baker slash maid.

"Trying to sneak out, aren't you?" chuckled a sly voice. I was quite surprised by him, so I ended up slamming myself against a table, in a horrible attempt to hide underneath. Bad idea Sophia. Bad idea.

"Ow!!" I screamed in pain.

He rushed to my side, wrapping his muscular arms around my waist to lift me up in one swift motion. "Should be more careful. You are just one accident after another I swear," he started laughing.

"Prince Hoya, I demand that you place me down this instant!" I pouted.

His grin got even larger. Something about this boy was so interesting. It was as if he was always up to something. "As a Prince, I am not subject to follow your directions."

"Hoya!" I crossed my arms while trying to wiggle out of his grip. But boy was he a lot stronger than I thought.

"What? What? Don't want to be carried like this I see," he then just dropped me right there. I landed right on my bottom. It began to hurt immediately. "You said put you down."

"I didn't mean so abrupt like that!" I glared at him kiddingly.

"Well, you should've said so!" he started laughing intensely.

"Argh! Hoya Woo you are such a joker!"

He extended his hand for me to grab, and he effortlessly pulled me up. His hands returned in his pockets, like the cool guy he is. I never quite noticed how nicely he dressed. He wasn't in his uniform though, like he normally would be. He wore a simple dress shirt, where the sleeves were pushed up to his elbows, slightly ed with a silver necklace and black dress pants with matching black shoes.

"What are you doing wandering around the palace? You should be in bed," he told me.

"I am not paralyzed," I patted down my uniform. "I am still subject to working for you."

"Okay, then follow my orders," he was enjoying this. "Get to bed. And don't get out."

"No."

"You're defying me?! That could get you killed!"

"Then kill me you must but I refuse to do something that is against my will!"

We looked at each other's eyes for a few seconds before bursting out into laughter. Hoya himself was such an enjoyable presence to be around. He knew just how to make situations much more carefree and release stress.

"Would you like to join me? I'm just about to take a simple stroll around the palace," he motioned.

I interlocked arms with him before heading off outside. Lucky for me, this week was the week that the entire staff, except for the butlers of course, wasn't working. The King randomly announced it as he left for headquarters stating that since he wasn't here there was no need for them. It was a kind gesture in the eyes of the workers.

But I stayed behind. I couldn't face my family now that I know what's going on with me. I know that one day, I will have to tell them. That day has to be pretty soon. Thirty days. That's not long enough in everyone's eyes. I just needed to gather up the courage to face them properly, but that time wasn't now. The pain I experienced even just thinking about how the situation and conversation could go was too much to handle. It broke me down.

As soon as we were outside, he mentioned a topic that I knew was on his mind. "So... What are you planning on doing?"

"I'm not sure," I told him. "I am being persuaded both ways. What do you want me to do?"

"What I want shouldn't matter. This is a time for you to be selfish in choices."

"I've been way too selfish since I got here," I argued. "Just tell me. I'm curious. Opinions also matter to me, you know. All of your opinions and thoughts and feelings do. This affects me just as it does to you, I know that."

He sighed and looked down at his feet. Hoya's eyes returned to looking at our surroundings. The sunshine was shining just enough to make his eyes glitter like jewels. "I want you to remain just the way you are."

"So no vampire Sophia in the near future?"

"If you didn't have the cancer," he heaved, "I'd insist on you staying human forever. But that stupid ailment is making things so much more complicated."

"I know, I know," I nodded. "Imagine what I have to think, now that it's my choice to make."

"Myungsoo, Woohyun, and I all agree on not turning you, you know," he said. I knew. I was there when the other boys tried to persuade them. They weren't too fond of the idea. "I hope you understand it's not because we don't want you to be with us forever; it's just that the pain our mother goes through is something that we do not want to inflict on you in any way. This was the one thing we were trying to avoid from the start."

"Your mom did go through a lot, I understand. But think about the immense amount of happiness she experiences now that she can be with her love and her new family forever. Yes, she did have to turn her back to her normal life, her first family, her best friends. But look at all she gained."

"Then look at the pain her first family endures; because her 'disappearance' was so abrupt and caught them off guard. There is a whole member of their family missing in their lives. And they don't even know about us," he sounded saddened.

"Okay, con," I announced. "But a pro is I get to be around forever~ Doesn't that count for something?"

"You'd probably get bored extremely quickly," he laughed. "Look at how Isaiah and Anthony have traveled the entire world a couple hundred years, and are so bored they returned to their home just to 'work' under their descendants."

"They are really one interesting duo."

"They should be. They've even written a couple joke books; probably in the library or Dongwoo or Sungyeol's rooms. I can't believe they're able to be around each other for so long. I'd choke my brothers after a while, really."

"So you'd say that Isaiah and Anthony know everything?" I asked.

"Pretty much everything," Hoya nodded. "That's what I'd come to a conclusion to. I mean, to be around for that long, they must have seen and experienced so many things."

We walked to the cherry blossom tree that we sat at before. It was a pink wonderland, the free petals all around the bright green grass. Everything looked so soft and beautiful. Hoya climbed the tree effortlessly before picking a bright pink flower, jumping down to my side, and placing it onto my hair perfectly.

"Does no justice," he sighed before sitting down beside me.

"So I still look as plain even with the flower?" I was offended. What did he mean?

"Nope," he placed his warm hand against my cheek. "The flower does you no justice. You still look as beautiful as you do without it."

I lifted my own hand to touch his. His thumb brushed lightly against my cheeks, turning them just as pink as the flowers surrounding us. His smile was enough to transport me to a different world. "You're incredibly sweet, Hoya."

"I hope so," he grinned while pulling his hand away. He stretched his arms behind his back before turning back to look at me. "I have some stiff competition, you know."

"Mhm?"

"I have six brothers to fight against, plus a vampire hunter. Those are some tough cookies I need to outdo."

"That's no competition that I want to be involved in," I said. "You are all fighting a fight that is useless."

"So you already know whom you love the most?" Hoya asked. He inched a tad closer to me, his face approximately six inches from my own.

"Of course not!" I loudly whispered. "I love you all."

"But whom do you love the most? Above everyone else. You know precisely what I mean," he grinned.

"I don't have someone like that," I insisted.

"Liar," he inched closer. "I know you do. You don't treat us the same."

"That's because you all don't treat me the same," I told him.

"True true," he leaned back. "But we all love you. Odd, isn't it?"

"Extremely, but I'm not complaining," I giggled. "The attention is nice. What girl doesn't want the attention of seven charming princes and a dashing hunter?"

"If I recall correctly," his finger pressed against my forehead. "You were about to rush out of the party just because you caught the eye of those seven princes."

"That was not what I did though, so I get points for that," a pout formed on my lips.

"I know," he smiled brightly. "I know. I'm glad. I wish I could have danced with you that night though. I would have pleasantly enjoyed that."

"Next time," I followed his gesture. "I promise. I'll dance with you as many times as you want. But let me warn you, my dancing is not at all graceful in any way."

"Eh, I've danced with a goat before. Nothing worse than a dancing goat, alright?" Both of us started laughing once more.

I felt completely at ease with him. I thought he'd force me back into my room by now, but a part of me understood that maybe, just maybe, he enjoyed this as much as I did. Something about his grins, his laugh, his presence. I felt protected. I felt safe. I felt completely comfortable.

"So..." his lips were merely three inches from my own. "Tell me who you love the most."

"No."

"Sophia... come on..."

"No."

"Why not?!" he frowned.

"Because I honestly don't have one."

"Hard to believe that. There's eight of us. One of us has to at least stand out better than the rest."

"Nope."

The more we talked about it. The more I thought about it. It was true. There were others whom I loved more. There was a different sort of love for each of them. My love for Hoya was different for Myungsoo and for Woohyun and for Damien and so on. Given the choice, who did I care for the most?

"Is there a way I could boost my rating then?" he asked.

"How do you plan on doing that Prince?" I replied with my own question.

"A simple kiss," he smirked. "Just one."

My heart skipped a beat. A kiss? From him? "Why a kiss?"

"Because a kiss can send tingles down your spine. A kiss can make your heart beat even faster. A kiss can make your chubby cheeks redder than strawberries. A kiss can make you fall in love with me even more."

I didn't say anything back. I didn't know what to say. I wanted him to kiss me. But I'd already kissed Myungsoo and Woohyun. What the hell was I thinking? What the hell am I supposed to think? I didn't know how to tell him I did.

My eyes sent mental replies to him. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. His grin didn't falter, but only got larger. He scooted closer to my side, where our legs touched ever so lightly. His hand grazed by my cheeks once more, touching the apples so perfectly. The beautiful, glistening eyes on his face stared into my own. He knew what I wanted. He knew that I couldn't voice it.

Hoya leaned in towards my face, his warm breath touching my lips before his own pink lips did. It was a gently peck, something that really caused fireworks to go off in my brain. Just as quickly as the deed was done, it ended.

I immediately looked down at my hands, fiddling with my fingers as much as I could.

"You didn't like it?" he was confused and worried.

"No, no," I couldn't look at him. I felt my cheeks just burning even hotter than before. "It's not that!"

"Then look me in my eyes, Sophia."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because if I do..." I sighed. I had to admit it. Admitting would be a good thing. "Because if I do, I'm sure I'm going to be grinning and all that stuff. Which I don't find attractive at all."

He placed his fingers against my chin, lifting my head to force me to look at him. I instantly smiled as my eyes trailed from his lips, to his nose, and to his eyes. "I love your smile. You shouldn't stop smiling ever. You are a wonderful girl, everything anybody could ever wish for wrapped in a beautiful package. You are breathtaking and spectacular. Don't ever forget that, don't doubt it, don't question it. Ever."

That was when I'd fallen for him even harder than before. At that moment, I was sure I'd loved Myungsoo and Woohyun the most. But Hoya... Hoya climbed every so high, he matched them perfectly.

Hoya, my Prince, you have certainly captured my heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~
i'll return to replying to comments tomorrow. I am in waaaay too much of a roll and i still have work to do woops XD lol. School is school T______T anywayyyys~ this has got to be one of my favorite chapters. 

As promised, each boy would get their own chapter. and this one was Hoya's!!!! :D yeyeyeey~ I love this chapter. I wanted to show you guys how each guy loved her. And this shows how Hoya does hehe. it makes me giggle :3 

Do you guys like it? or not? tell me below~ <3