Chapter Thirty Six—The Decision

I am not so easily wooed~

 

Day Three. The last day. I crept back into the palace grounds, noticing that everyone else was missing. Saying my goodbyes wasn't that hard for my family, actually was much easier than I expected. The kids didn't want me to leave, my father reminded me not to court anyone just yet, my mother burst out into a mixture of happy and sad tears. The BEAST boys said they'd go to the castle around noon too, so I wouldn't be that alone. Damien had already left for another mission, which was incredibly urgent because he left in a hurry. I got a bunch of hugs and another load of thank yous as I passed by each house and each shop. Even ran into the owners of the old bakery I worked for! And that new baker that replaced me, well he was extremely thankful for the changes made. Karma came back to explode in their faces. That sort of relief made me grin the rest of the way back.

The entire town as a whole was much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. The Queen's plans had been put into motion so quickly, that I thought it would look rushed and unfinished. But it didn't at all. And that was just the start of it. Phase One as Queen Jenny called it. Phase Two was to help out the villagers themselves. She was going to invest in better materials for the buildings, such as large scale renovations, and offer more materials for children such as toys and books. The possibilities were endless, simply because of the power the Woo family holds. And the Queen was not shy at all in utilizing such access to benefit the home she once loved—through me that is. She finally could implement the plans she'd had laying around for so long. And that sort of stress relief for her was beneficial, and enough to please her aching heart for all of eternity.

Ulrich and William were waiting by the gates, rather than the usual Isaiah and Anthony. They looked completely distressed. Both paced back and forth, their shoulders hung down and their faces hung even lower. It seemed like they were thinking, but thinking with distress over their heads. Something was obviously bothering them both, enough to cause them not to acknowledge each other every time they passed one another.

"What's up boys?" I asked as I got closer to the grand gates.

Both of them quickly reacted to my statement and stared at me for a while. I noticed that their weapons were hiding right behind the pillars and they were about ready to attack anything. The expression on their faces reminisced of the same one that Damien held as he left. I noticed him walk by the house at the crack of dawn, his weapon strapped onto his back and he held onto a bag of food and other supplies. I had snuck passed the door and stared at him intently. He hadn't noticed me for he continued to keep his attention in front of him, the look of determination glistening in his light eyes. The way he walked, the way he held himself at that moment, all of it reminded me of the aura he held as he fought. I wondered what had all of the butlers rattled.  

"Oh, Sophia," a sigh of relief escaped William.

Ulrich pushed aside the gates, just enough for me to make it in the small slot, before locking it up again. "You scared us."

"Didn't think I could scare some hunters."

"We're all on high alert," William glanced back at his weapon.

"Everyone at the headquarters is," the other added. "Got the warning this morning."

"High alert? A major problem then?"

"Nothing we can't handle," Ulrich grinned to mask his worry. That didn't help. I may not have been close to him, but I could tell when he was lying. And he was obviously trying to cover up his true feelings.

"But I saw Damien leave this morning. And he was all ready to go somewhere to do something. Why aren't you guys with him?"

"Stationed to stay here," William replied.

"Break up Team Alpha?"

"Not like he's alone. Team Beta and Gamma are with him," the other butler told me.

William hit his partner in the stomach, causing me to question what really was going on. "Confidential stuff."

Ulrich turned to look at him, with an angry look that quickly faded to intent. He knew what he had done, which was light my interest and curiosity on the matter. I really did wonder though, what was truly going on? And why weren't they just telling me? "Yeah confidential stuff."

"What could possibly be going on that they'd break up the strongest team the Headquarters has ever had...?" I mumbled under my breath. "Damien better not be doing another solo mission that was meant for his team..."

"Pardon me?" William leaned in closer to me.

"Nothing!" I shook my head side to side to cover up my thoughts. "Uhhh... Where are Isaiah and Anthony? Not like them to leave their posts."

"They are probably back at the dungeons," Ulrich pointed to the grassy hills past the castle. "You can go check there first."

I nodded my head before jogging off into the deep green meadows. Even though I did not precisely know where they were, I understood that if I found the highest point in the back yard and looked for two men in uniforms I could find them. Standing on the largest hill I could find, I stared out into the distance. The general thought of curiosity on the whole 'warning' situation bothered me though. Something had to be wrong for Damien and the rest of Team Alpha to split. I even saw the other members of their Team still at the castle, so that means he left on his own. Yet why would he be accompanied by Teams Beta and Gamma, and not his own? What sort of situation would have called for something like that?

"Who are you looking for, Soph?" someone's voice whispered in my ear.

I turned to face the speaker, but there wasn't anyone there. A bit astonished, I took a step back. They had drawn my attention and I was a bit dazed.

"Wrong direction."

My focal point shifted to the other side, where Isaiah stood with the biggest grin on his face.

"What's up?" Anthony's voice came from the first area.

"Why aren't you guys at the front gates? It's definitely not like either of you to just not be there," I asked. I knew if I asked simpler questions at first, they'd slip and tell me further details on the situation. They knew everything about everyone. And they were always the ones to confess everything to me, both on purpose and accidentally.

"Big urgent call went out from the Headquarters," Isaiah responded.

"Yeah, we went to go see if we could figure anything out from our prisoners," Anthony added. That was a new piece of information for me. The prisoners? The vampires who were sent from the Lee Family to assassinate me? What sort of connection do they have to this whole fiasco?

"But you know, nothing new was learned."

"Yeah, they kept quiet. So annoying."

"It involves the vampires?" I asked without showing too much enthusiasm. I didn't want them to think that I'd go on my own to investigate, then they'd never leave me alone.  "Was there another assassination attempt? Another attack?" The panic began to rise in my body. I really did not know what I were to go through something like that again. Or worse, if they had targeted someone in the village.

"Don't worry about it," Anthony patted me on the head.

"You just need to take a breather and not jump to conclusions. The hunters at HQ have everything under control," Isaiah pulled me in for a one armed hug.

"I'm just naturally a worrier," I sighed while staring at my feet. "I don't want anyone to get hurt. I know you guys know something and aren't telling me."

"Just go back inside and unwind, okay? The professionals know what they're doing."

"Yeah. If it wasn't able to be handled by a couple of humans, then we would've gone off ourselves and dealt with it. Now, you need to start the unwinding now or else you won't appreciate the island as much," the other's grin didn't falter.

"Okay, boys. But as soon as you hear something, you tell me, alright? I don't like being kept in the dark about anything." I nodded my head. "I'll see you guys later?"

"Definitely!" the simultaneously responded.

They walked beside me the entire way back to the palace, where the other staff members had finally returned for good. The chefs were in the kitchen cooking away. Maids were cleaning all over the first floor. It was a dejavu sort of feel. The only thing that ruined the almost perfect environment was how each of the butlers were pacing back and forth between sections. There were some newer faces in the castle, probably hunters who had taken the places of the members of Teams Beta and Gamma. It was definitely unlike them to not go off into missions through cycles. There were always two teams present in the palace grounds as the other went off to completely their assignment.  

"Oh Sophia, darling!" Mrs. Moon's weak voice broke through the madness. She rushed to my side and pulled in for a tight embrace. "What are you doing here, child?! I thought you were back at the village?"

"I decided to spend the last day with the Woos, but I can't seem to find anyone in that lineage. Apparently there was a high alert warning sent out and that's why everyone is on their toes."

"Yeah, but nothing to worry about." Nothing to worry about, eh?

"You know, everyone keeps saying that, yet I'm not relieved at all. Worry worry worry is apparently all I do around here."

"Can't blame you," the old woman released a much needed sigh. "I've been a part of this family for all of my life, and I'm still worrying like never before."

"It's just a lot to take in, Mrs. Moon. I'm still adjusting to everything properly."

"Well, maybe resting will help. I'll bring up a heaping pot of tea and some deserts for you in a while."

"But Mrs. Moon, will you tell me what's going on?"

"Hush hush child, you go up those stairs and into your room and unwind."

"I've been unwinding for the past few days. I'm alright honest. I just want to know what everyone else knows by me. I don't need to rest."

"Mrs. Moon knows best."

"No but... but..."

"No buts! Now go go go! Go!"

She pushed me up the stairs and into my bedroom. Why was she in such a rush to get rid of me? Too much was happening. Maybe I couldn't handle it. And everyone else knew that. That may be why they weren't telling me anything. My room was just as I had left it a few days ago. There were large suitcases beside the dressers, which indicated that I should really pack before it's too late. A large amount of anxiety and urgency rushed through my blood as I placed each carefully folded piece of clothing into the suitcases. My mind couldn't wander anywhere else as I began to think about the island. I could only imagine how beautiful it must be. I stared out into the balcony, noticing just how much darker the atmosphere was. The sky was losing its color and large dark grey clouds began to roll in. It looked like it would be raining, maybe even storming, pretty soon. A wonderful, sunny island atmosphere is precisely the opposite of this saddening environment.

"Sophia?" someone's knock on my door caught my attention.

I turned slightly to see the King himself, standing beside my opened door. He had a distraught expression on his face, reminiscent of all of the stress that was apparent in everyone else's faces. What was being kept from me?

"Yes, sir?"

"Sir. Sir. Sir. I'll never get used to that, especially when it's coming from you," he chuckled a bit, lightening his mood slightly. "I... I wanted to give you something."

"Mhm?"

He took another step further into my room and revealed a small box from his grip. I stood up from the floor as I closed my numerous suitcases to see what his gift was. It was a beautiful black box with a red ribbon tied around it for security.

"What is it?" I asked as my fingers untied the beautiful bow. He waited patiently as I unraveled a beautiful pearl bracelet. It had a silverish tint to its base with four rows of pearls. My eyes had to have been lying to me. "Oh my God..."

"This was my wedding present to your mother... Aurora... Had I gone through the wedding that is," he cleared his throat. "May I?" I nodded at his gesture. He took the wonderful piece of jewelry from my hands and clasped them around my wrist. "I was going to give it to her as soon as we said our vows. I had it made when I found out she was alive, just never had the right occasion or time to actually give it to her."

Staring in awe at the beautiful piece of jewelry, the happiness in my body rose. The worry and the questions in my mind disappeared so quickly. I had not expected something like this from the King. "It's wonderful!"

"I'm glad you like it. It's something to remember her by... I don't have much to honour her memory with, but I feel like it's meant to be with you."

"Thank you!" I held back my tears as I wrapped my arms around him in an embrace. The kindness, the sadness, the love that the King felt was fully expressed in that gesture. He was sorry. I knew that. It was understood that he regretted all that had happened. There was no reason to hold a grudge. He tried his best. He really did.

King Tablo was surprised by what I had done. A relieving sigh escaped him as he let go of the worry in his heart. He needed to know that I didn't hate him. "No, dear Sophia. Thank you." As I backed away from him, I noticed that some tears escaped his eyes. He wiped them away as quickly as he could for he sensed people approaching my room. "Oh, good morning, boys."

"Hello Father," Sunggyu entered my bedroom first.

"What's up Pops?" Dongwoo followed him.

"Nothing boys, just giving Sophia a present," he replied. I guess he didn't want his sons to see him so vulnerable again. But when he had completely broken down in front of his entire family, that must have been so difficult to experience on both sides. I knew I couldn't handle the emotion that was displayed then. It was heart wrenchingly tragic. "I'll see you guys later for supper."

The King gave all of his sons hugs before rushing out of the room. Each of the brothers approached me and embraced me tightly before scattering about my room. Hoya and Woohyun took a hold of my luggages and placed them beside my side table. Dongwoo and Sungyeol leaned against the wall close to my bedside. Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Sungjong all sat at different areas of the white bedding.

"How was your trip?"asked the tallest of the brothers.

"Relieving," I replied as my body crashed against the softness of the sheets. "Relaxing. Amazing."

"Good, you caused us a lot of distress when we woke up and you weren't around," the redheaded brother told me.

"Yeah, about ready to attack Myungsoo had he done something stupid," Woohyun growled playfully.

"Yah! You guys are the ones who didn't wake up earlier. At least I told you where she was at instead of making you guys panic, which by the way would've been extremely enjoyable for me," Myungsoo defended himself.

"We're glad you enjoyed it," Sungjong sang sweetly to change the direction of the converstion. "You really deserved a sort of vacation from all of this madness."

"I'm getting another vacation though within the next day," a grin formed across my face. "I get the best getaway anyone could ever imagine."

"And then you face the hardest decision of your life," mumbled Myungsoo.

"Already did."

Silence. Utter silence dominated the entire atmosphere. Was that not the response they wanted to hear? I looked to each side of me as best I could, without tilting my head in either direction. Then as I stood up, I noticed that each of the boys were looking at me. The mood had shifted drastically due to two simple words.

"What?" I didn't understand why they looked so astonished? Was it something I had done?

"You... you already made your decision?" Woohyun took a few steps towards me.

"Yes."

"But. But. But we thought you'd make the decision when you were on the island," Hoya uttered as best he could.

"The island is my reward to myself for my choice," I stretched out my arms.

"And... and that decision is?" Sunggyu asked me intently. They all wanted to know but only the oldest could find the words to properly ask. The curiosity was building in all of their stomachs.

I fell back once more against the sheets with my hands behind my neck. My eyes closed slowly as I began to imagine such a beautiful scenario. I'd wake up on the island and take a dip in the beach. I wouldn't have to worry about anything too major. It'd be the dream life. It's my dream life.

Without opening my eyes, I confessed to them, "Surgery. I want to see if it'll actually work without having to convert me to survive."

"But you said you're not leaving it up to fate," Myungsoo's tone broke the curious barrier that surrounded each and every one of them. "You told me you weren't going to go down without a fight."

"And I'm not. I'm not going to sit back and let this disease take over. No. I'm going to try to beat it," I opened my eyes to stare at my pearly white ceiling. As I raised my hand to reach out to the vast emptiness, my focus shifted to the beautiful pearl bracelet on my wrist. "My Mother didn't know what to do. But I do."

"What are you talking about, Soph?" Hoya questioned my words.

"Since I'm a halfie, I have both the human and the vampire qualities right? Now that I look back at my life, it makes sense as to why I healed a lot faster each time I got hurt when I was growing up. Maybe that'll work in this case."

"You'll be losing too much blood though," the caring voice of the youngest sighed.

"I'll still have blood in my system to feed the vampire side. Maybe that will be enough to regenerate me without being offered someone's blood. It's a mutualistic relationship."

"And what if that doesn't work? What if it returns?" Woohyun intimately asked me. It was what they were all wondering. What if...

"Then I'll just be turned into a full fledged vampire. That'll work, right? Being offered one of your bloods will fully activate the vampire linage in me and destroy my human side," I had thought out everything. I imbibed all of the information that was presented to me through all of the events that have occurred. All sorts of scenarios have run through my mind and this was the best one to me. "I know my Mother, a full vampire, couldn't escape it. That's because she didn't know she could get rid of it in her brain. She thought it was something wrong with her entire system. Since it's just a tumor growing from all of the damage done to my genes, then we get rid of it."

"Soph..." someone uttered. I didn't know who. It didn't matter. They were all skeptical.

"Do you guys not want me to do it?"

"No! Not that!" Dongwoo exclaimed slightly."We're glad to know that you have thought it all out. But the future isn't certain. Your life... Your life could end if the operation is done incorrectly... or if it fails."

"Like I said, then you turn me."

"We can't transform someone who is already dead," Hoya announced. "If it's too late... we can't save you."

"Then I shall die honourably," I accepted the darkness of the future.

This was the best option for me to take. It isn't a definite fate, yes. If I was simply transformed, then the tumor will forever stay with me. And I'll experience the same hallucinations my Mother had to experience. As a vampire, you are frozen in time, that means the illnesses, the injuries, the problems your physical body held when you were 'human' or 'not full fledged' will be amplified. To simply be turned is to simply freeze me in a painful state. It may not kill me, but it will drive me insane. Going through the operation means taking out that part of me that is dying, that is defective, this is problematic. This leaves only the part of me that can be restored to be something good and not bad.  The tumor can't regenerate when it no longer has a foundation and it cannot damage any more parts of me.

I just hoped that my vampire side really will feed off of my human blood to increase my chances of making it through the surgery. If it doesn't... then, I may never wake up again.

"And so the decision is made," Sunggyu's voice echoed against the walls as each of them laid against the bedding.

"I can't believe it," Sungyeol yawned loudly.

"We waited a month for this and it's not really the decision we wanted to hear," Dongwoo started laughing intensely.

"You guys didn't want me to live?" I asked.

"Not that! Remember, some of us want you to remain human and the others want you turned. It's like the choice you made satisfies both sides of the coin. Didn't think that was possible," Sungjong joined his older brother in chuckling. But his laugh was much sweeter, than the roaring booms his brother's made.

"My unselfish, logical decision."

"And here we are, questioning if you'll ever be selfish," Myungsoo turned his head to look at me. I felt his loving stare examine me carefully.

"It's not of my nature to be selfish."

"This means we'll never find out who you love the most!" growled Hoya happily.

"Guess that'll remain a mystery for a while longer," I chuckled loudly, joining in Sungjong and Dongwoo.

"Then dear Princess," Woohyun spoke, "we shall arrange for you to undergo the procedure soon. For now, drift off into your own world. Someone will wake you when it's time."

That was the first time I had ever heard the seven of them start singing in unison. I had only heard Sunggyu and Dongwoo before, in the music room, but that was when they had the help of an instrument to create a melody to follow. This time, they sang acapella, showcasing the talent they all held.

I watched over it, your love, the long farewell
Rather than always getting hurt, this is better
Look at me carefully, it’s because I don’t like you crying
Being hurt is tiring, yeah, every time I see you like that

Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay?
I’ll take care of you until the end
Being. You know me, right? You saw me, right?
I’ll protect you until the end

Do you hear me, do you hear me… oh?
The end of your wet eyes full of memories
I hope it dies in my embrace
I try to at least protect you
Who quietly heard the falling tears being swallowed by ripped hearts

I think it’s overflowing, you were always like that to me
My heart expands as your hurt grows
Come to me, it’s because I like it when you smile
I’ll make you comfortable, yeah, at least I can for you

Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay?
I’ll take care of you until the end
Being. You know me, right? You saw me, right?
I’ll protect you until the end

Let’s go together, don’t walk onto the hard path, okay?
It wasn’t easy, right?
I don’t want to see you like that ever again
Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay
I’ll take care of you until the end

Will you fight? Will you get hurt again?
In an endless ring of hurt, it’s always a quiet war
That’s too much for you
With a shield of worry, I stay in front of you and

I revolve around you like a moon
The lights are turned off in your love
So leave it and look at me
I’ll cover up your deep scars and make you laugh
And make you mine

 

(This will now be written in the third person)

Sophia fell into a deep sleep, entering a whole different world created purely out of her imagination. As soon as she had done so, each of the boys left her alone and arranged with Mrs. Moon to have Benjamin come in and be the doctor for the operation. Mrs. Moon herself was delighted to hear about Sophia's decision and surprised by how mature she had approached the entire problem. Queen Jenny arranged for one of the rooms in the second floor to be quietly converted into an operating room in a matter of hours. The King instructed all of them to keep it a secret, for he understood once Damien hears about her choice, he will be distracted from his mission. No one uttered a word near the butlers, for safety precaution. Each member operated hastily, knowing that time was a factor that wasn't on their side.

As Sophia continued to dream, Dongwoo entered her room and picked her up effortlessly. The other boys made sure no one could see what was happening, so they distracted the butlers into remaining downstairs as he did this. The room that Sophia and Dongwoo entered was only lit by artificial light bulbs. All of the curtains were covered by dark curtains, closing off any entry ways that natural light could possibly penetrate. A simple elevated white bed was placed in the middle of the room, where he carefully placed her body. His brothers entered the room together with their parents, Mrs. Moon, and Dr. Benjamin. The Woo brothers surrounded her sleeping body, staring at her never-ending beauty.

They were afraid. They were afraid of what could go wrong. Of what could happen. Of what sort of future she'd have. Her decision was one that they had accepted but not fully understood. She was still leaving her fate to destiny, yet not so easily. She wasn't going to let fate torture her any longer. She wasn't going to die without having done something to try to combat the problem. Yet, she wasn't going to transform into a full fledged vampire when the operation is done. She was going to wait, and simply wait for a miracle to occur. She had hope that she'd heal automatically without having to be frozen in time, to live a full life and age as a normal human would. But, she wasn't normal. None of them were. Does that mean they were entitled to try to live a normal life? Or was that a privilege that none of them held? The few that wanted her to remain a human supported her decision half heartedly. The others who wanted her to turn into a full fledged vampire supported her choice half heartedly also. Those who wanted her to stay alive looked at it as a dangerous option. They saw that she could either die in front of their eyes or she could live through it without being permanently harmed. It was scary. Those who wanted her to stay around for all eternity knew that her outcome was left to chance and chance alone. She could survive it healthily or have to be turned. The unforeseeable future shook their beings. But the overall fear of losing her at this moment scared them all. They all wanted her to live, they all wanted her to survive through it, may that be as a human or as a vampire. All were afraid of the fate she'd bear, one similar to their own Mother or to their elderly caretaker.

This was a burden they did not want her to have. But it was inevitable and inescapable.

The quiet brother, the one who was rudest to her in the start, reached out to graze her cheeks. This simple gesture shook her enough from her sleep, which was odd for you'd think she'd have woken up from the redheaded brother's movements as he carried her. Her eyes adjusted to the light that surrounded her. Even squinting, she focused on the seven shadows that hovered over her head. They remained shadows. She couldn't see the details of their faces due to the lighting.

"Ready?" someone asked.

She nodded her head as she began to understand what was happening. "Yes."

"You can always back out you know. Think this through for a little longer," someone different suggested.

"I don't want to waste any more time," the half asleep girl responded quietly.

"It's not wasting time when it's your future," another voice added.

"Each of us just don't want you to regret your choice," a new voice continued.

"I will never regret this or anything I've done in the past few months."

The seven shadows turned to face each other and nodded. They understood also. They understood why she had made the decision she did. She was still unsure, unsure of the future she wanted. She wanted to live. She wanted to experience as much of life as she could. But it also scared her. Living life forever may seem pleasing to most, but once you've been around for a lifetime, isn't that already enough? Haven't you already experienced too much? And living a short life leaves one feeling empty and incomplete. What sort of fate is that? Not even living at all in most people's eyes. To be taken at a young age is to be stripped of life's glory. Both outcomes greet one with positivity and negativity.

"Good luck," another voice whispered.

"We wish you the best," one more added.

"When you awake, we'll be here, promise," the last shadow reached out to touch her hair, where a glittering ribbon clip shined from each angle.

That's when they exited the room together. The seven Princes couldn't bear to be in the same room as her. They felt that their presence could sabotage the entire operation. It may be the site of her being cut open, or the blood rushing out of her body, or maybe the fact that she's so vulnerable. Either way, they felt like they were a better asset elsewhere. The Queen and her King followed their children out, knowing that even as vampires, the sight of seeing her like that could make even their blood boil. It wasn't safe, nor was it smart.

An elderly woman stayed behind, her gray hair tied in a tight bun. She held onto the hand of Sophia, grasping onto the young girl's warm hand with her wrinkly, cold fingers. "Benjamin will fix you right up, sweetheart." She leaned over to a table that held a syringe filled with a clear liquid. This liquid was derived from a plant in the Sungjong's garden, which can put any human to sleep in a matter of seconds. "Think of something happy now, love. This will hurt for just a few seconds." The woman inserted the needle tip into the girl's skin, ejecting the medicine.

The skin above Sophia's eyes began to feel heavier than usual. Her vision began to blur and blur over time, losing all sorts of focus. Her entire body began to ease up. And so she drifted off once more into another world.

A world where she ruled everything. A world where she had no limits, no boundaries, no problems.

 

 

The operation ended well. Nothing too damaging occurred during the few hours. Her assumption was proven to be right. The vampire side of her was feeding off of her human side, which made her healing much faster than normal. Dr. Benjamin was able to scrape as much of the tumor as possible, trying to avoid as much of the vital areas of the brain itself as possible. There was a possibility that she'd experience some temporary memory loss, but that was only if she'd undergo a serious amount of stress or hit her head intensely against something hard. As he sewed up her head, he noticed how the brain was already regenerating the missing part of itself. He was astonished at how her vampire side was growing and manifesting so easily. In all of his years as a doctor for the Vampire Headquarters, this was the first time he'd seen something so... unbelievable.

Mrs. Moon stood by her side the entire time, actually looking away from the procedure itself. She kept her hand intertwined with Sophia's but the sight of seeing her head open made her almost throw up.

She was still healing when they transported her into a fresh, clean bed in the same room. Mrs. Moon frequently checked her pulse and kept a wet towel over her forehead to ensure that she wasn't getting sick. She may have been part immortal part mortal, but that doesn't mean she was still prone to sickness.

Dr. Benjamin exited the room to see the Woo family painfully waiting to hear the results. All of the vampires had known that a lot of blood was spilt, for their senses brought to their attention her sweet blood. All of them were anxious to hear the results. They were prepared to hear both the good and bad news.

The atmosphere outside was far from beautiful. The once beautiful blue sky had definitely lost it's color and became a dull shade. Dark clouds began to race through and invade the entire atmosphere. A strong gust of wind pushed through every crevice and opening. It wasn't pleasant. Not at all.

As the doctor was about to utter the good news, a deafening alarm shook the entire kingdom—from the village to the palace. The loud bells erupted through the entire area, catching the attention of even those in the deepest of slumbers. Mrs. Moon stood up from her seat as she recognized those alarms. She had only heard of them once before. And that was during the time she had lost her soulmate. Fear entered every inch of her weak body, creeping into the sadness in her heart and the darkness of her memories. She knew what it meant. The lovely Princess of Akore herself was the only being that remained sleeping. The herb that was inserted in her body was already fading, but not enough to fully wake her.

And then, an attack was made. From a large distance, someone had shot an arrow directed towards the good doctor himself. And he was shot straight through his heart. His old body swung back as his spirit left its hollow shell. The Woo brothers turned to their parents, trying to figure out what they were meant to do. The King himself turned to face the direction of the attack, focusing on the dark shadow in the distance. He thought to himself, "remain still assailant, and point that weapon to yourself. Strike in a vital area, where you will never recover and only die a slow painful death." And so the shadow could not disobey the King's wish. Once he had seen you, you were under his spell. His strength and wisdom was too developed to be ignored. The assailant inserted an arrow into his crossbow, and pointed the sharp edge towards his neck. He didn't want to. He didn't want to pull the trigger. He didn't want it to be in his throat. But he couldn't say no. And so. He pulled the switch, lodging his very weapon into his body. He fell off the wall, tumbling to the other side of town. His body twitched as the poison crept up into every remaining inch of his body. It was a painful death, one that caused him to be in agony for the entire battle.

War was declared on the Kingdom of Seoul and all of its inhabitants. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN. remember how i promised EPICNESS. THIS IS THAT EPICNESS. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK :D PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I want to hear what you guys think about this chapter. It's a bit of a weird one, but one that does answer the overall quesiton. 

what does sophia do? she does what she thinks is best.

asdhfkajhdfjkahsdkjfha <3 

DOES MY CLIFFHANGER MAKE YOUR SKIN CRAWL? WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU LIKE IT? HATE IT? WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

@applepearles~ sorry for being gone again lol. what if you never see that island...? or what if she does? or what if. what if. WHAT IF. 

@deliriousdeviation~ BEAST was probably the reason i stuck around in KPOP lol. <3 oh my babies! lol. even though i explained the whole damien thing through yoseob, i still sort of am bitter towards him too hahhahahha. hehe~ your comments always make me laugh :D

@shaneru-chi~awe! Feel better soon! <3 I was super sick a week ago, so i know how you must feel.