Chapter Forty Five—The Exchange

I am not so easily wooed~

 

 

The light began to call for Damien. He was already taking the steps closer and closer to the other side. Extending his hand out, this hunter was merely inches from leaving reality for good.

And in that moment, Sophia released her grip around his body. The last few beats of his heart were about to pass. But she wasn't going to let him go so easily. Reaching over to his weapon, the Princess sliced a th in part of her existing wound. Each Prince turned quick enough to see just what happened next. Her blood's scent had caused their senses to go wild, and it drew their attention extremely hastily. The Princess had not forgotten, but clearly overlooked, what Isaiah and Anthony had told her before about stragglers.

Yes, they may be created from the venom of a vampire taking full control of their bodies. But the only thing that could cure the pain was to transform them. Give them a vampire's blood willingly. Plus, if her blood could heal his wounds at a fast rate, then wouldn't that help out just a bit?

It was a long shot, simply because she wasn't a full vampire. Something had to be done. Something. Anything. Everything.

She pressed her palm against his lips and waited. The blood ran from his mouth to his throat and finally into his stomach. The straggler transformation was already starting to commence at that point, but it was only because of his large wounds that he was going to die before it was complete. Without wasting any more time, his heartbeat began to gain more and more speed. His muscles started to tighten while his wounds slowly closed and healed up nicely. The burning sensation that was overpowering his throat area began to soothe down and disappear, leaving no scar behind of the attack itself. It was a miracle that his body hadn't rejected her sacrifice. Venom normally tries to fight off human blood at first, before realizing it is a power source and start to crave it exponentially. But since Sophia's a halfie, her underlying vampire attributes began to attack the venom's power on Damien's own blood system.

His strength multiplied. His power exponentially increased. His soul was still stuck to his body. He wasn't going anywhere anymore.

Sophia had saved him.

Before he opened his eyes, his entire life flashed before his eyes. Most of it, however, was focused on moments with Sophia. She had become his world, unknowingly. Each giggle shared. Each smile given. Each tear shed. Each laugh released. All of it was remembered. He looked back at their fights, especially the ones recently. He looked back at her anger, her pain, her rage, her frustration, her disappointment. He had wanted so much for her. But couldn't provide any of it.

Damien slowly revealed his hazel eyes to Sophia, proving to her that he truly was alright. The pain had seized in his body. He felt all along where his wounds had been and realized that there weren't even bumps in those areas. But the confusion had struck his body and mind. What just happened?

He had accepted for her to become a full fledged vampire. But what about himself? Was he going to accept the fact that he had transformed into the monster he had loathed for such a big fraction of his life? Was he forgiving towards the girl he loved for her sudden act? She had turned him. She had given him her blood. For what? To save his life. To stop him from dying. To bring him back to life. Never in his wildest dreams, or let's say nightmares, had he ever thought that he'd become a vampire. Being bitten and dying had certainly added such a twist to his bitter end, that it was either a pitiful end or a unlikely new beginning.

Had there been no other choice, he would have rather been killed by one of the Woo boys. Knowing that he had the possibility of being a straggler disgusted him. Stragglers were nothing but worse abominations of nature. They were reckless and careless, bloodthirsty and heartless, overall just people who were better off dead where they could be at peace and away from the pain. Knowing that being a straggler held the possibility of injuring Sophia in any way was what bothered him the most. He'd rather die a slow painful death from his wounds and the venom itself than turn into that form.

But the Princess' sudden choice to act on a whim in the hopes of turning him had surprised everyone including herself. She had turned him into what he despised the most, and his reaction was something that no one could predict. Sophia had braced herself for his anger, his frustration, his disappointment in her choice. This girl had already lost so many people. Her Mother. Her Father. Mrs. Moon. Jun. Cathy. The kids. All of them. She wasn't capable of losing another without losing herself in the process. And she was definitely aware of that fact.

One more death and she'd spiral into eternal darkness.

Sophia had been so surprised by his sudden movement that she'd fallen back and crawled at least a three feet away from him towards Myungsoo and Woohyun. She looked extremely afraid and shocked by the event. Even the Princes were caught off guard by her actions and by his. They did not know how to fully comprehend the events that unfolded before their eyes.

Her plan had worked. She had saved him. But what was to happen next?

"Wh..Wh...Wha—" The Princess was tongue tied. No words could express the level of astonishment she was feeling.

Damien turned to look at her astonished expression. He was waiting for his eyes to adjust as she tried to speak. "What did you do?" he quickly finished her stuttering.

"I... I gave you my blood. You... you... you were going to die..."

"...I was already on my way."

She couldn't look at him straight in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I panicked. I didn't know what else to do."

He took a deep breath. "I was dying." This hunter seemed so focused on trying to really piece together the events that just occurred. No way was he paying attention to what Sophia was saying.

"...I... I...."

"I saw a light. I was so close to entering the other side."

"....I'm really—"

"So," Damien fixed his ripped, bloody, dirty clothes as best he could, "I'm a...vampire now." He took the biggest pause before saying vampire. Yes. The reality of things had shaken him up also. But not as badly as everyone had anticipated.

This was certainly a twist. And it did change the war. It really did.

Sophia was a bit confused. He didn't sound delighted. Nor did he sound disappointed. She had transformed him into one of the beings that he truly hated the most in the world. Why? Because it was the only way she could save his life. That was her selfish choice. Her one sided decision.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," she turned to look at her finger tips and grazed alongside the wound she just recreated.  Repeating her repentance wasn't going to help out the situation at all. It was all she could say though. What she had done wasn't her decision to make, and she knew that. "I... I couldn't lose anyone else."

Damien gracefully glided to her side. He stared at the saddened girl for a while. The Woo brothers took closer steps to them. If anything was going to happen to her, they were going to rip him limb from limb. Just knowing that he'd be around for a long time made their blood boil. They respected him, yes. They knew how much he meant to Sophia, yes. They knew what sort of thing he had wished on their kind. The possibility of him really falling off reality was bigger now. He had the capability of truly killing off every vampire in the world now that he's immortal. So many factors could go wrong from what Sophia had done. But she didn't think of it that way. No. All she saw was her best friend dying and he was the only person left from her past that she had. Nobody else was going to die in her eyes, just as long as she could prevent their deaths as best she could.

Oh and he was still a contender of Sophia's love. Each Prince thought, 'Damn, I still have to compete with my brothers and him for her heart, plus maybe a BEAST or two.'

The hunter bent his knees before flicking the Princess on her forehead. She reacted to his gesture with more confusion. Shouldn't he be angry? Shouldn't he hate her now? Shouldn't he be disappointed in her choice?

"Idiot," he grinned that same old mischievous smirk.

Sophia kept her eyes locked on him, but couldn't seem to find the words to illustrate her thoughts.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just as surprised by you, if anything," he took a hold of her hand and pulled her up.  "The reality of what I am now will hit me eventually, but I don't care. I'm alive. I'm alive, Soph. And that's all that matters to me right now."

He immediately wrapped his arms around her and held her as close as he could. She began to struggle for a while since he as much stronger than he had perceived, causing him to loosen his grip just a smidge. Being able to hug her was what kept him from being mad. No, maybe it's the fact that he could see her. He could be around her. He could still protect her. He could still see her smile. He could still get in those stupid fights with her. All of that. All of those silly little things that most people overlook in their relationships with friends and family. Those were what he appreciated the most about being alive.

Damien overlooked the reality of what she had done. Simply because had had loved her so much. His heart truly transformed drastically as soon as he had been bitten. He suddenly accepted and agreed with decisions that he otherwise heavily opposed. All of this was to show her that he really cared about her more than she thought.

"You should really be mad at me," Sophia whispered to him as she pushed him away.

"Why would I be mad?"

"You're a vampire Damien. You've been on an 'I hate vampires and I always will' belief for your entire life. And then here you are, as a vampire let me remind you, being all calm and collected. Not that I don't mind the niceness of this situation, but I really expected and prepared myself for you to go on a rampage."

He bent over and picked up his weapon. The Woo brothers all surrounded Sophia as the BEAST boys approached them also. Each Prince was prepared to protect her if he was planning to attack them. Teams Alpha, Beta, and Gamma could handle the rest of the adversaries in their area. The number had depleted exponentially from all of the fighting each boy had done. Damien stared at his wonderful weapon, something that he had spent a big fraction of his life training with and perfecting every technique and skill he possessed. It was a reminder of what he had really become a hunter for. To help people. To save people. To bring about a better life for those who are oblivious to the truth.

"I've done a lot of thinking," he was still looking at his toy, "since you and I had that talk back at the village. You told me that I was a monster. And even though I was a bit confused and angry at your words, I realized just what you meant. My intentions were purely evil, clouded, and dark. It had affected every aspect of my life so negatively that I was literally spiraling out of control. I know that you've been worried about me this whole time. Trying to prevent me from going off the deep end, right? Stop me from becoming one of those cases where the hunter became consumed by his love of killing. And you did. You really did. Each fight we had felt like it was damaging me, but it was actually opening my eyes to reality itself. That's how you helped me. You showed me the light of my dark thoughts.

"I want you to know that I take back what I said a long time ago. When we first got into that fight after finding out that you knew about vampires all together. Remember how I said that I'd rip each and every single vampire I find if your heart was to stop beating for any reason. I had known so little about your situation and the whole series of events had confused me so much. You're a halfie. You're such a rare person in general. And this war has forced me to realize that I'd much rather like knowing that you're around then losing you."

The boys that surrounded them realized what he was trying to say. Now this was truly a miracle after another. Each Prince's eyes grew a bit from his words. All of the BEASTs were trying to pinpoint if his words were really the truth. But Sophia, being the simple minded person she was, didn't quite understand what he was getting at.

"What do you mean?"

"I'd rather know that you're out there in the world somewhere, living a full life, with the best chances of surviving as a full fledged vampire then for me to be one of the coffin bearers at your funeral," he finished his thoughts.

This nearly caused Sophia to fall back from shock. Sungyeol had pushed her forward a bit, telling her that she had to say something to him. Now that each of the Woo brothers were vampires, they all supported the 'turn Sophia into a full fledged vampire' cause. It wasn't because they'd be lonely. No, it was because they loved her. All had this belief of just expiring like a human. Until she entered their lives and shook it like a snow globe. She caused them to wonder what if. What if they do live forever? Will she be there? Will they love her for that long? Will she love them in return? Even though she had turned them into full fledged vampires because she was afraid of losing them, the thought never rushed through her mind that she should do the same for herself due to the same reasons.

She had to be safe in their minds. Was this really the only way for her to be protected?

Still, no words escaped .

"If you don't mind me butting in," Woohyun turned to semi glare at him. He still didn't like Damien as a person. "But are you really serious right now?"

"Yes. I am," Damien replied without flinching.

"You want her to become a full fledged vampire?" Dongwoo blinked a couple of times as he scratched the back of his red hair.

"Yes."

"Because it gives her a better chance of surviving," Hoya added.

"Yes."

"So we are all on the same page?" Sungjong turned to look at his brothers.

Each of them was just too dumbfounded by Damien's sudden change of heart that they couldn't properly express their thoughts.  Was this what a near death experience brought someone to believe? Because if they had known earlier, one of the Princes would have certainly almost killed him on purpose. Then they may have avoided a fight or two, and an entire ocean's worth of tears from being shed.

"Okay, honestly," Sungyeol crossed his arms, "who votes on turning Sophia?"

Slowly and surely, each Woo brother raised their hand to show their support. Damien shamelessly displayed his hand. Even the BEASTs agreed with the claim. Sophia continued to blink, as the information that was being posed to her began to sink into her mind. What the hell were all of them thinking?

"No," she immediately said. "No."

"What?" Junhyung was the first of the BEASTs to speak.

"No," she repeated herself.

"Why not? It makes our job a hell of a lot easier," Hyunseung displayed his thoughts.

"I'm... I'm not meant to be a full fledged vampire. I'm not. I'm not going to turn into one."

"Soph..." Sunggyu placed his hand on her shoulder. "We're just worried about your wellbeing."

"Be worried if you must," she turned to show him that she wasn't kidding, "but I'm not going to."

A pause. Why would she go against something that was basically a unanimous decision. So many positive outcomes could come out of her becoing a full fledged vampire. Why was she so hesitant?

Myungsoo seemed to be the only one to really understand her side of the story. He nodded and said, "Alright. We aren't forcing you to do something you don't want to do."

This shocked the rest of the group for he just showed everyone that he wanted her to become a full fledged vampire but was taking back his vote. What none of them saw was the fact that the future truly frightened the Princess. She was afraid of what could happen, what will happen, and what must happen.

"We aren't, but you have to admit, it's not that bad of a choice," Kikwang voiced his opinion.

"I just don't want to do it," Sophia began to stare her feet. The reason behind her headstrong opposition was something she'd keep to herself. She wasn't ready to profess precisely why.

Yoseob kept his eyes locked on her. He was the only BEAST to know what was going through her head. It was the guilt. "Okay. Then don't."

Damien pushed aside all of the boys in his way as he continued to stare at Sophia's entire soul through his hazel eyes. A part of him hated her for turning him into a vampire. She had cursed him to roam the world forever now. But the part that loved her overpowered that hate. She had to have turned him because she cared about him, right? She wouldn't do something so stupid and selfish if she didn't... Right?

If she wasn't going to turn into a full fledged vampire, then he had to take this opportunity to show his worth to her while he had the chance.

"I guess it's time for me to go," he told her.

She immediately grabbed a hold of his muddy sleeve, tugging it back slightly to stop him from moving. "...Damien..." Sophia was afraid of what he was capable of doing now. The possibilities were nearly endless.

"Don't worry, Soph," his voice announced. "I won't do anything stupid. Not that I'll get hurt as easily now. I'm just going to investigate a lead I had." He lifted his head to look back at his old friends. The BEAST boys nodded at his mental question of asking for their backup. "Are you guys alright with accompanying me on this mission?"

"Whatever you say, Team Alpha Leader!" joked Doojoon as he saluted.

"Not like we have a choice anyway," grinned Dongwoon.

Still, Sophia wouldn't let go of her hold on his shirt. She continued to tighten her grip around the small corner. "...Don't."

"I told you," he still hadn't turned around to look back at her. Once he looked at her right now, he knew he'd break down. Damien had to stay strong. "I'm not mad. I can't be mad at you. You did what you thought was best. And now, I'm going to show you that you didn't make a mistake. Just, let me go."

Everyone had assumed that Damien would have gone into an all out rampage upon waking up as a vampire. His reaction had certainly never been imagined by anyone. But why was he so understand this time around? The darkness that clouded his heart had finally parted. He grew. He matured. He learned from Sophia's words. He began to accept the reality of situations. It wasn't like he could turn back the hands of time once something had happened. The past was in the past for him now, and he had the rest of his future to worry about—the rest of eternity. Damien had transitioned from someone who saw only what they wanted to see into someone who finally understood others' positions in situations.

He recognized that Sophia was at a dead end, quite literally. He was moments away from leaving her. Honestly, how many people were meant to die around her? And to lose another would have been the end of her also. She acted on her heart, simply because it called for his life desperately. Damien meant a lot to her, fights or no fights, for their relationship was something that a lot of people only wished for. The Princess knew that he had only wished her the best, he wanted to give her the world, he wanted to provide her with everything she ever wished for. But he never had the chance to do so. Does he get that chance now? Does she finally know that his love isn't fake, that it isn't childish, that it is as real as it can be? Does she accept him? Does she love him in return?

Or is it all just what he wants it to be?

Damien's last line punctured through Sophia's heart. What was this feeling? Her grip around his shirt loosened as she rested her hand beside her sides. Damien and the BEASTs began to race right outside of the palace gates and kingdom walls, disappearing from sight in such an immense speed.

The tension between the Woo brothers and Sophia were at an all time high now.

"If he isn't mad at me," Soph stared at the grass, "then I take it you guys are."

Each and every single one of them were drenched from the rain. Not all of them looked as dirty as the others, in fact, Hoya still looked particularly clean compared to everyone else. Dongwoo and Myungsoo looked like they had rolled in blood and mud. Sungjong wanted to dispose of his clothes as soon as possible; he was the cleanliest of them all. Sophia's dressed hugged onto her every curve nicely, displaying how perfect she was even further. The end ringlets of her hair clinched against her back and face. Her hands trembled in fear and shock.

Everything was starting to catch up to her. Each event, each attack, each death was piercing her soul and tearing it to pieces with every passing second, breath, and moment. She was falling apart in front of everyone's eyes.

"Why would we be mad, Princess?" asked Sunggyu as he placed his forefinger under her chin.

"I just gave him the ability of being around forever. With bonus attributes. He's one of you now."

"And, half of you might I add," pointed out Sungyeol.

"Shut up, Sungyeol. We already know about that," Hoya smacked his younger brother on the head lightly. "We aren't mad, Soph."

"Why isn't anyone mad at me? I did something completely selfish! Everyone should hate me."

"And turning us into full fledged vampires isn't selfish already?" Myungsoo asked her in return to contradict her words.

A pause. He was right. She had been making one selfish choice after another. And once all of them had agreed to make their own selfish choices, she had opposed. They were still considering her opinion while she didn't even let any of them have a say in what she did. She was being extremely hypocritical.

Then, as Sophia stared at her feet, a wonderful stem began to pluck out of the grass. Its green length began to reach the Princess as wonderful leaves and a single bright red rose bloomed from the tip. It was obvious precisely what brother had done such an act.

"You gave us a reason to want to live forever," Sungjong reminded her.

"And you gave us the opportunity to do so," finished Woohyun has he brushed his fingertips alongside the hairpiece had had gifted her. 

"And I gave Damien the capability of exponentially helping or damaging the world," Sophia sighed under her breath.

"Don't think that badly," Sungyeol grinned at the girl he loved. "He seemed really sincere this time. I guess dying really does change someone."

"If I knew he was going to react that way, I would have turned him myself," Hoya even added as he stretched his arms out.

"Or I would have brought him to death's front porch," yawned Woohyun as he did the same gesture.

"Idiots," Myungsoo hit both of them. They had added a light sense of humour to the event. But their words were true. Each brother had those thoughts running through their minds as he was transformed.  "That's not funny."

"Hey, we're just pointing out that his promises beforehand weren't the most concrete verbal contracts in the world," Woohyun scratched where he had just been hit.

Sophia stared at the rose. She grazed by its soft petals, feeling how the waxy coating prevent it from being drowned in the rain. Each droplet looked like a tear as it ran down the edges of the red extensions. Examining it as best she could, it reminded her of the colour of blood. The colour of death. The colour of the end.

Slowly and undeniably, the Princess was losing herself.

"Not that I don't enjoy this lovely meeting, but let's talk back in the palace. It is a much safer place to conceal a Princess than in an open field," suggested Sunggyu.

They all faced the remaining enemies that could be seen from all directions and each utilized their powers into taking them down one by one. All of them had such unique abilities that you could easily identify who was doing what. But when they used them together, it was like a whole different world. It was beautiful, sort of like an art, that most people would never picture together; but it turns out to be the most wonderful thing imaginable.

Sophia remained right at Myungsoo's hand. Even grabbing onto it to hold as they walked together. He was the only one that really needed to get close to an enemy to utilize his ability, but it was alright with him. It was his unspoken role to keep an eye on her as the others attacked the enemies.

She leaned against his shoulder as they continued to stroll back to the palace. The rain still pouring around them, her tears were concealed. So many thoughts were racing by her mind, but she coudn't stop worrying or thinking about a single one. They had been imprinted into her mind.

"You're afraid," he lightly whispered.

"Mhmm?" she turned to question what he had just said. He had caught her attention.

"You're frightened, aren't you?"

"If I said I wasn't. I'd be lying."

"It's alright to be afraid," Myungsoo continued to stare out in front of him, "because I am too."

"Why would a big scary vampire be afraid?"

"I'm afraid of losing the girl I love," his words were just like a symphony. "I'm afraid of having to be one of the ones to bury her body."

Imagining her funeral was something all of them had avoided. Why would any of the boys picture her end? No. That's impossible. They had wished a life with her. And if it was possible, they'd want to be by her side for as long as they could. But none would force her to do something she wasn't comfortable with. But why wasn't she?

"You already have to bury so many," Sophia thought back to her loved ones. "And I do too. I really don't think adding me to the list would matter."

"If I were to lose you," he sighed lightly. She noticed how his heartbeat had altered a bit, "I would take my own life to join you wherever that may be. A life without you by my side is a boring one to live."

A deep breath escaped her lips. "Who gives up their life for someone... How foolish."

"People who know precisely what love is."

And then, both of them had run into the backs of some Woo brothers. Myungsoo stared out, focusing on what his siblings were staring at. A hoard of hunters and assassins were battling it out about fifty feet from the palace. In the midst of this chaos, he noticed a familiar figure start to shake and get injured. Their Father was fighting with his every breath, protecting his kingdom with all his heart, battling against intruders of his home. The determination in his eyes expressed his willingness to show them all that no one was going to destroy his family while he was still breathing.

"Myungsoo," Woohyun and Sunggyu growled under their breaths. Their patience was wearing thin.

Dongwoo's was already off the roof. His blood began to boil. "Stay here."

"Watch Soph," Hoya added as he stretched out his arms to control some shadows. There was still a limit to his power. There was one on all of theirs since they were still new at the whole full fledged vampire business.

"We'll be right back," Sungjong grazed by her cheeks with his fingertips before running off.

Sungyeol patted her on the head lightly, grinning to show his confidence, before whispering, "Watch over our Myungsoo, alright?"

Those six Woo brothers began to assist their father and the others in the battle. Myungsoo kept his eyes open for enemies getting too close. Sophia saw each and every straggled have their bodies ripped endless. Their heads cut off from the rest of their bodies. Their limbs pulled from their joints when they got too close. Their hearts be pulled out as the others' anger rose. Death was certainly haunting a lot of souls today.

Just then, Myungsoo heard the slightest change in sound right behind him, where he pulled Sophia out of the way and then attacked his assailant. In that moment, he had averted a damaging attack, that was capable of being fatal. The attacker was an assassin wielding a large blade. This was going to be an unfair fight. The Prince had to make a choice. He couldn't protect Sophia from the guy's attacks on his own. He had to battle him out. But how could he? She'd be vulnerable.

The assassin slashed his blade near the Prince's face. That was it. He had to take the enemy out first before being able to protect the Princess. With his mind focused on the enemy, Myungsoo began to fight back as best he could. The moment he could just touch a drop of the assassin's blood, it would be his win.

Sophia took slow steps to back herself away from the battle. She didn't want anyone else to die, enemy or not. This death infested area was starting to suffocate her drastically. Nothing was escapable now. She couldn't run away. She couldn't hide from it. Death had been knocking on her door for a while.

In the split moment of vulnerability, a figure from the distance took advantage of that moment. This person had kept their eyes locked on the Princess since the banquet, something about her had cuaght his attention. With a swift motion, he lifted his dagger from its holder, and prepared to strike the unknowing victim in her back. He was told that the girl was a menace. But her beauty. It was so captivating. How could he possibly end her life when something was so peculiarly interesting about her? His family had told him they had to exterminate the entire Woo family for not answering their calls of marriage. He wanted to go against their wishes, but couldn't. Family was the only thing he really had.

Two steps from her, he extended his hand and was prepared to inflict the most life altering pain on Sophia's body. He was going to end the lives of not just one person, but also the Woo brothers, a hunter turned vampire, and six experiments.

Just before this person could do any damage, someone pushed Sophia out of the way. Their body swayed in the rain as the dagger pierced their heart straight through its crevices. Had the figure missed. Had their aim been off by a bit. Had they taken an extra second. Then maybe, just maybe this new person would have lived.

The Princess let out another ear piercing yelp. Drawing the attention of every villain and hero in that field. She fell to her knees as the realization of the event struck her heart. This was the last straw. This was what drove her to the edge. This was what transformed her permanently.

Sophia had finally broken.

 

The old Princess of Akore followed the voice in the battle field. Her brown hair remained unaffected by the rain. She remembered long ago when she wanted to call this palace her home. It was still the most beautiful thing to her. The war had destroyed the place she had called home. But all she could see was what she had recalled from her living life. Taking her steps slowly and gracefully, Aurora walked casually right passed her daughter. She wished to have the chance to embrace her child just for a moment. Desperation filled her heart as she noticed just how similar they looked. But what damaged her the most was how immensely destroyed her daughter had been.

Keeping her eyes locked on the dying figure at her feet, she extended her hand out. With a small smile across her face, she playfully welcomed them, "It's time to go, dear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI EVERYONE! I can't believe I'm about to bid farewell to this story. ;w; but this chapter is definitely a conflicting one. let me just say this right now...

WHO WAS SURPRISED? WHO DID I TROLL? WHO THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO DIEEEEE? ;D

I have had this idea in my mind from the start. Except it did end up with Damien becoming an even bigger jerk, but I believe that I've transformed him into a sweetheart right now. lol. Does it make sense? Do you like it? Is it pleasing? Or does it irritate you?

I know a handful of you, just a smidge actually, like Damien. Bless his fictional soul but I agree I hated pieces of him. But I did root for his loving transformations and kind words! (: There are those hardcore get Damien out of here supporters, and I apologize for throwing such a wicked curve ball at you all! but it had to be done! I really believe that this had to happen. Killing him off was certainly an option, but I honestly think that having him turn out like this was the best. 

I hope you all really like this chapter! I have to admit that this one was a pleasure to write and think out. 

Oh no! Who is the figure who pushed Sophia out of the way? Tell me who you think it is! (: I'll update soon! Byeeee~

@stumblingclumsy~surprrrrrriseeeee ;D

@littlelamb86~I'm glad someone noticed on such a sad subject hehe i hope you like the update. 

@kaitlinnn~  DAMIEN SUPPORTER? you are probably the only one out there lol. i made him into the biggest jerk in the world hahahah. XD I hope you like this chapter! I wasn't really considering a parting kiss, for obvious reasons in this chapter, but it would have been a nice touch. it would have been awkward though, since she was surrounded by the brothers hahahhaha. imagine that. they would have attacked him, dying or not 

@shaneru-chi~ I'M SORRY FOR MAKING YOU CRYYY D: it was meant to be an emotional chapter, but i'm glad you felt the sadness! trololoololol like my update? (:

@applepearles~ oh thank you~ THANK YOUUU! <3 hehe~ i'm glad you enjoy my updates!