Chapter Thirty One—The Anger

I am not so easily wooed~

 

My finger tips traced the outline of each of the letters. One was from my father; I assumed it was his letter to me from when they gave me away. He wrote my name so beautifully on the cover and it remained unopened. The other two were from my mother. One had my name in her calligraphy while the other had a name I wasn't so fond of seeing.

Tablo.

Something about my view on the King just completely changed. Well, everything about my perspective of him changed. What kind of person is he to have done that to her? Only his letter was ripped open prior to me seeing it. He did read the letter. And still, didn't help her at all.

My entire blood system was boiling. Anger surged through my veins with every passing second. I needed to find a way to calm myself down. I honestly couldn't. So many thoughts ran through my mind. So many questions. Every drop of tear rained down on the journal and letters. How does one properly react to everything that was happened today?

By this time we reached the kingdom already. Damien was the one to open the doors of my carriage. I was shocked at the sudden movement since I was too focused on the letters.

"Home sweet home," he sang before turning his head to look at me. "What the hell happened?! Why are you crying?!"

"Nothing Damien," I placed the letters in the original place and closed the journal abruptly. "I was just thinking."

"About what just happened?" he asked me while motioning for me to exit the carriage.

I nodded at his gesture and climbed out of the vehicle. All of the boys were outside already, staring at me with cautious eyes. "Yeah, about what just happened."

The BEAST boys stretched for a bit before turning to look at eachother. I guess they realized the mood I was in. They nodded at each other as if they knew what was going on in my mind and that I needed space.

"You know what," Doojoon reached for the sky. "The six of us are going to explore the village."

"Yeah, say hi to a few familiar faces," Kikwang lifted his hand to create a blocker to cover his eyes.

Yoseob took a few steps to be right in front of me. He wiped away the tears running down my face and smiled as he squished my cheeks. "We'll be back before you know it."

Each and every one of them gave me a hug before leaving the kingdom. Their embraces were so warm and strong. Now I was left with hunters and vampires. I tried my best not to look at the Woo boys. Pain continued to surge into my heart whenever I did. And looking at Damien also made me angry. Everyone around me hurt me. There was no denying it.

"Can I talk to you?" asked Woohyun. He took a step out to distinguish himself.

"I'm going to my room," I suddenly replied to him. Without looking back as the journal was still in my grip, I rushed off into the palace. I didn't want to be around them anymore. I needed to figure things out. And being there surrounded by them all would only worsen the problem.

"Wait! Sophia!" someone called for me from behind.

I ignored that voice and continued to my room. I crashed my body against the soft man-made bedding on the floor. My eyes stared at the ceiling the whole time. Tears began running down my face continually. My entire being was crushed in a day.

My past was revealed to my face. My real parents' identities exposed to the entire world. Their sacrifice for me. My mother's pain; her hardships; her battles. Our family and their dark background. Their deaths. It seems like everyone I come in contact with just die. Was it all worth it? Is my life really that valuable to people? I'm still dying. Their choices were for nothing, just absolutely useless.

Repeated knocking came from my balcony doors. I turned slightly to see Sungjong and Sungyeol once again capturing my attention on the other side. They waved at me before opening the door slightly.

"Sophia," Sungjong's voice called for me, "can we talk to you?"

I didn't respond. I just stared at them. How could I face them right now? How could I do so knowing what their father did to my mother? How do they expect me to look over that?

"Please," Sungyeol begged. "For us."

I nodded, leaving behind the journal on the sheets, and got up slowly. Blankly, I followed behind them. The other five brothers were waiting patiently for me. I guess they didn't have time to bring out all of the sheets. They formed a semi circle to talk to me.

"How are you feeling?" asked Sunggyu as he raised his hand to feel my forehead. I immediately flinched at his gesture. He was shocked and retreated his hand quickly. "I'm sorry..."

"I'm fine," I bluntly replied.

"You can't just be fine," Hoya told me. "A lot has happened today."

"I know," a simple nod.  

"What's going on?" Myungsoo was the first to reply with anger to me. He was always the first to recognize and acknowledge any sudden mood changes I happened to have.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him with doe-like eyes.

"You're using such small words to reply to us," he said. "And you aren't even paying attention."

"Everything that has happened has finally taken its toll on me, alright," I replied with as much anger and annoyance as he held.

"You know we are here for you, right?" Dongwoo sympathetically whispered loudly.  

"I know."

"Then say something about how you are feeling, please," begged Woohyun. The tone of his voice should have broken my heart. But I was already so hurt and damaged, nothing could have punctured me even more.  

"How am I feeling?" I looked down at my feet. I had to get it off of my chest. I needed to tell them. They asked for it. And I was going to tell them all that I felt. "I feel betrayed."

"What?" asked Sungyeol.

"Did you guys know?"

"Know what?" Hoya questioned in return.

"Know about my mother and your father," I angrily growled. "Know about my past. My lineage. How I'm royalty."

All of the boys looked shocked. They didn't turn to each other like the normally would to figure out what to say. Were the processing the information? Or trying to find a lie to tell me? What was going through their minds?

"We don't know anything, Soph," Sungjong reached out to me.

I took a step back from his gesture and lowered my head. Staring at my feet, I held back as much of the tears as I could. "Why are you lying to me?" I cried.

"We aren't lying," Myungsoo pleaded. "We would never lie to you."

"You're your father's sons," I looked up at them. The anger burning in my eyes like a fire. They didn't flinch, they didn't move, they didn't react. "All just a bunch of liars."

"Soph, stop this please. You are scaring us. Just... just tell us what happened..." Sungyeol took a step towards me. Yet again, I walked back a few feet, closer and closer to my door.

"Tell you what happened? Do you really want the truth?" I coldly asked.

"Yes, yes we do," Sunggyu pulled back his younger brother.

"Fine," I snarled loudly. "My mother loved your father. But he just played her like an instrument. He abandoned her when all she had left was him. Even in her darkest moments, when she pleaded for his help, he didn't go to her aid. He didn't even feel the need to take care of me when I was left at the kingdom gates. All these lies are just catching up to him. All these tales about how my mother left me on the footstep of Jun and Cathy's home. Lies. Offering me a place in the kingdom. A generous pay. He's just trying to make up for his wrongs all these years."

"Sophia..." Woohyun and Dongwoo simultaneously sighed.

"What? What can you possibly say? What other sort of lies are you going to feed me?" I angrily cried at them. "My best friend has been lying to me all these years. I am nothing but an experiment that is meant to die. Some vampires somewhere in the world want me dead, you know why? Because I am my mother's daughter. I am a successor of the Akore Kingdom. You and I are sworn to be enemies. Your family murdered mine. Your father let my mother die. Your grandfather ordered the death of all my relatives. Your mother left behind a grieving best friend, my adoptive parent. Your entire family is NOTHING but a bunch of selfish, conniving monsters!"

I pulled open my door and loudly locked it behind me. I needed to be by myself. I needed time. My words lingered in my mind. Even though I said all I wanted to say, it didn't make me feel any better. I felt like my throat was closing in on me. I couldn't breathe right. My heart was pumping a thousand miles an hour. My mind felt like someone repeatedly punched it. My stomach was in so much pain, like someone kicked me in the same spot for hours.

I rushed into my bathroom. And just stared at my reflection. I have my grandmother's hair, according to my mother. If what others say is true, then I am just a spitting image of my mother. Is that why Tablo took me in? Because I reminded him so much of his mistake? Did he really love her? Or was it all just a game? I brushed my fingers along my long dark hair. Then pressed them against my eye lids and lips. Incredible beauty. Simply because I was half of something that was perfection.

Why are her eyes screaming for revenge? I see nothing but pain. The tears continually pour yet she doesn't do anything to wipe them away. She merely mimics each move I make. Was she mocking me? I reached over to the scissors in my drawer. I used them to fix up any threads or cut my hair from time to time. In a slow movement, I raised them up to my shoulders.

I'm not going to live a lie anymore.

In a different, quick change of mind, I opened them. My finger pressed against one sharp edge as the other was free to cut anything. Still, staring at my reflection. I forced the blade against my wrist. The blood slowly escaped that three inch slice. Pressure once more against my leg. Another against my throat. Another against my...

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Someone's voice screamed at me.

The figure or figures, I wasn't paying much attention, pulled me out of the bathroom. Someone yanked the weapon out of my grip, resulting in me cutting my hand also. But the pain never came. Why did it never come? Is this what they mean when they say that vampires can tune out the hurt, the ache, the sorrow, the grief? All of it?

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!" Someone else yelled. They pressed my head against their chest. Their touch was so soft, so gentle. I felt the love.

"Get wrappings, something," another voice ordered.

"Apply pressure on the wounds right now," one more gave another order.

I felt force against each wound. My vision was still blurry. I felt rain fall on my body. Why was it raining indoors? Was there a hole in the roof? Is this what they call dying? This sensation was one that I was completely unfamiliar with.

"Do not die on us, Sophia," a voice cried out to me. "Don't you dare leave us. Please... Don't do this..."

I reached out with my left hand. They took a hold of it, tightening their grip ever so lightly. This person pressed their face against my hand, proving to me that they were there. I tried to focus my eyes as best I could.  I noticed seven shadows above me. They were constantly moving, so I couldn't pinpoint who was who. More raindrops fell on my face. It came from the person who was holding me. No wait... it came from all of the shadows. Why would shadows be crying?

"We love you Sophia. Each and every one of us do with our entire being, our all, our everything. Don't break our hearts like this..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY AND UGH. I NEVER GOT AROUND TO WRITING UNTIL NOW. ADSFJKAHSDKJFHAKJDS I APOLOGIZE FOR THE BIG HIATUS GUYS. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. 

i have finally gotten into the groove of senior year, so no more big hiatuses. lol. i hope you guys do forigve me though. 

i did end this with a big cliffhanger. don't worry, i'll post a new chapter within two days. PROMISE. :D

thank you to everyone who stayed subscribed to me. thank you so much <3 I cannot even express it enough. lemme hug you all. come here. (>^O^)>