Chapter Eighteen—The Library

I am not so easily wooed~

 

Hoya walked me all the way back into the palace walls to go to the library. I was extremely curious at this point about the further history and such of vampires. And I wanted to catch a glimpse of Anthony and Isaiah's books. The library itself was much grander than anyone could imagine. It took up an entire area of the palace, since it was two stories high. But the only doors leading to it is on the first flood. It's all wooden, filled with hundreds and hundreds of books. It made someone eager to send hours in there.

I didn't even know where to begin looking. I didn't know where the directory was. Really, it was that grand. Where do people even begin in here? So I thought I'd start from the bottom and go in a clockwise scan, just to look for the incredible jokester duo's books.

A tall, chubby cheeked Prince walked into the library, taken a back at my presence. "Whoa!" he leaned back as he placed his book down. "What are you doing here, Sophia?!"

"Looking for food," I glared at him with a straight look. "I'm here to read a book obviously, Sungyeol!"

"Never thought I'd see you here though, to be honest," he started laughing. "Just kidding!" He took a few steps closer to me, which was no problem because of his long legs. "What book are you looking for?" His eyes stared into my own. I was looking up at him extremely. This Prince was truly the tallest of them all.

"Anthony and Isaiah's books," I told him.

"This is one of them," he lifted his hand to show the book in his grasp. "Why do you want to read their books?"

"Easier way to get to know them," I replied. "I'm sure if I were to just ask them; they'd get off topic and start saying their little jokes. They are just a funny duo."

"Oh I know," he chuckled. "I'm sure I got my personality from them, that's what my father always tells me. Anyway, I'll give you this book if you go back to bed."

I squinted my eyes glaring him down. "No."

"Why not?! What if you get hurt in here? A book could fall off the shelf and land on your head."

"Sungyeol," I poked him on his side. He had such a soft yet lean tummy. "You have got to be kidding me. That will not happen, we both know it."

"If you insist on staying here then," he grabbed a hold of my hand. "Then at least let me spend it with you."

He pulled me to the couch near the windows. The windows that led into the library itself were so huge. They reached the ceiling to the floor. It was so captivating and made the room brighter than you could have ever imagined. We sat side by side.

"Mind if I place my head on your lap?" he managed to ask. Risky move, Sungyeol, never thought he was this kind of guy.

I patted my lap, indicating that it was alright. He leaned and placed his head snuggly on my lap. We stared at each other for a few seconds before he started chuckling.

"What?"

"You're really cute," he freely spoke his mind. "I mean, I already knew that. But no matter what you do, you're just... cute."

My entire face probably lit up in a red color. "Well... thanks," I smiled.

"No problem," he stretched his arms before giving me the book. "I'll give you as many compliments as you want."

"Are all of you being taught in the ways of the suave or something?" I wondered. It was true, every single one of them were so smooth with their compliments and praises.

"Naaah~" he yawned. "We just all care about this one girl. She's worth admiring with comments and gifts."

They were all so straight forward about their feelings with me. All loved me, yet it varied from boy to boy. How is that even possible? "I swear," I raised my hands to cover my cheeks. "I can't stop blushing around any of you."

"Good, I'd like to keep it that way... forever."

"I'm guessing you're all up for me becoming a vampire," I took his hint.

"I would love that, to be honest," he grinned. "I'm not against it at all." Seungyeol raised one of his hands to caress my face, and then played with the ends of my long hair. "To know that you'll always be there... wonderful."

"But why aren't you on the 'prevent Sophia from ending up like Queen Jenny' boat?"

"Eh, looking at how happy Mother is now. It's enough to see that it will be hard, but worth it if you look with a positive eye. The future does seem extremely bright if I get to see your breathtaking smile every day," he looked right at me. I felt like my heart just exploded. He was such a quiet person, but once I get to have a private conversation, he was such a sweetheart.

"Would you want me to be a vampire if I didn't have cancer?"

"No," he bluntly said.

"Why?"

"Because to willingly want to be one of us, just because of the perks, is looking at the situation from one side. Yes, we live forever; but we are constantly part of wars and assassination attempts. Insane world we live in," he sighed lightly.

"Then what will the seven of you do if I didn't choose to become one?"

"I can't speak for the other six," Sungyeol twirled his fingers in my hair. "But... I have the same plan as my dad did—to die without having converted into a full-fledged vamp."

I was surprised. Why would he...? "What?"

"I don't want to roam this world forever if I don't have someone I love with me," his hand found its way against my face once more. "A world without you would be extremely bleak and boring. I wouldn't be able to hear your wonderful laugh or see that adorable smile."

I looked away from him, a bright smile easily formed. He did all he could to keep me happy. "I see."

He immediately sat and stretched once more. He then fixed his body to sit right against me, taking the book from my grasp. Sungyeol suddenly looked over the some pages of the book before stopping on one. "This will probably be one of your favorite books."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because it's one that was written recently," he grinned. "Isaiah and Anthony have written a ton of books."

"I thought this was a joke book," I took it from his grasp. It wasn't. It really wasn't.

"Nah, I was reading one of their journal books. I don't always have jokes on my mind, you know!"

"Journal books?"

"Yeup. This is a one of a kind book, literally. Most of the books in here are. I haven't read every single one, but I plan on doing so."

"Why are there so many books?"

"Because Father insists on not reading other people's interpretations of the real events," he told me. "It's better to read witness accounts, rather than anything else."

"So this entire library is a big history book," I scanned the entire room. I wasn't joking when I said that it was a humongous area. He nodded. "Amazing..."

I immediately flipped to the page he stopped on earlier. "Read just an excerpt of that page," he grinned.

I began to read slowly. It was a typical journal entry I guess. But... they were talking about the Princes... and a girl. "'Neither of us don't know how to stop poking fun at the boys, but we know just how much they want to wrap their arms around her. The way all of their eyes twinkled when they saw her at the banquet; it really proved to the two of us that they were head over heels. The dress that was meant to be worn my Mimi was what she captivated their hearts in. And we both agree that she was the most memorable part of that night.' This is about me!"

"Flip the page and read the second paragraph now," he directed. It was as if he memorized every inch of the book.

"'Asking each of the boys how they felt was harder than we thought. But the amount of love they have for her is really impressive. Simply put, she is the reason that they are considering all sorts of options about their future. Tablo said that he is reminded of himself when he was their age. Neither Isaiah or I understand how this feels. But, it must be such a sensation,'" I read out loud.

"Do you want to know how we feel about you?" Sungyeol asked me. He looked extremely serious, yet curious at the same time.

"I already know how some of you feel," I replied. Which was true. I've kissed three Princes already. Three. Three gosh darn vampires.

"Do you have a clear picture of how I feel?"

"I do not."

"There is no way for me to explain it properly," he laughed. "I know you know that I love you. I want you to remain happy. I'm alright with not being the top guy in your heart. I know I'm not in first place for the battle of your love. My goal is to keep a smile on your face, no matter what."

"I don't quite understand..."

"I've accepted the fact that I may not be the guy who fully captures your heart," he genuinely smiled.

Why would someone accept something like that? Isn't that painful? His words were true though; he wasn't the number 'one' guy. But he did hold a special spot in my heart. I was just about to say something before I lost my words.

"But at least I'm in your heart, right? I have that special corner?" he inched closer to me.

"Of course you do!" I nodded. "Yes yes yes you do!"

His smile got even bigger. "Good, I was scared for a moment there, you know."

"I..." I blinked a couple of times. "I... I don't know how to return your love."

"Just continue being you. That's all I ask. Do what makes you happy. That will make me filled with immense joy and delight."

"How can you handle it... How do you...?" I suddenly got sad. I couldn't hold back the tears that were slowly appearing from my eyes. Sungyeol loved me. I knew he did. It was fact. But his feelings were different from mine.

He suddenly wrapped his long arms around me. I buried my face into his chest. It was impossible for me not to cry. I could feel his love. I could feel his feelings. I wanted to love him back ten times more. It wasn't fair for him to handle something like this.

"Why are you crying, Princess?" he asked me.

"How could you love me like this? How? I don't understand."

"It's not meant to be understandable. I told you, I can't explain it correctly," his voice took over my entire body. I further rubbed my face against his clothes. "I insist. I'm alright with it. I've accepted reality."

"You cannot! You cannot!"

"Don't worry. I'm not going down without a fight. You may not love me that much right now," he chuckled lightly, "but trust me. The more time we spend together, the stronger our bond will be. And it will be enough to satisfy me for my entire lifetime, may that be a month, seventy years, or for eternity."

The love that Sungyeol expressed was something I did not deserve. His hold around me got even tighter and I calmed down slightly. Someone else deserved his love. Not me. I wasn't worth it. I didn't earn it.

"Are you better?" he asked.

"No."

I lifted my head to look at his eyes. He wiped away my tears slightly before trying to tickle me. I was an extremely ticklish person, so the slightest little poke against my waist line drove me into a frenzy of giggles. My giggles took over the sadness in my heart. I tried to avert his hands, which ended up on me landing on my back and him on top of me. We weren't touching chest to chest, since his arms lifted his body parallel to my own. I could smell how unique his own scent was. I could feel the warmth escape his body.

"Just like that," he whispered. "Stay giggly and ecstatic, no matter what. Anyone who makes you sad will get beat up by me."

"Thank you," I smiled.

I don't know why I didn't ask him to move. I guess I should have. Should I? Am I supposed to? He then began to lean forward, utilizing his lean muscles to keep balance, his lips getting closer to my face. The simple gesture he used was enough to show me just how much I mattered to him. I closed my eyes, expecting pressure against my lips. But no.

The tall Prince kissed me on my forehead, just as gently as I had imagined.

That was when the one sided love of a Prince for a maid changed. He showed me how someone could capture my heart so easily with little expressions. I didn't love him as much as he loved me, yes. But he truly moved me. His smile never faltered as we spoke.

My heart began to yearn for him even more than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

okay I lied ;w; i won't be answering any comments today~as requested by @mischievouskiss, sungyeol chapter now! <3 hehe~ i liked this chapter. It shows another side of him. The jokester that he is. The random person that he is. Just all shown. in the library of all places! hehe~

I'm extremely happy about the positive feedback for the last couple chapters. I am reading all of your comments and all of them just make me so happy. ;w; I know that for the number of subscribers I currently have, it's not that much. I mean, not every single one of you comment ;w; which i hope you did because i like hearing other's opinion. 

I love how you guys love the Hoya chapter :D hehe~ 

You guys are welcome to request another member~ would you guys like that? :O 

Tell me how you feel or think~ <3 :D