Chapter Thirty Eight—The Second

I am not so easily wooed~

 

Darkness had even crept into the music room. Gloomy curtains covered the windows to stop any light from intruding in. Sophia noticed the drips of blood here and there. Some splatter was scattered on the beige walls. The instruments that covered almost every inch of the room had either been broken or covered in the remnants of the enemies' themselves. The beauty that had captivated her before was now destroyed. It was all gone.

Sunggyu pulled her closer to him, releasing a loud sigh. "I'm so glad you're safe. We weren't sure if you'd make it and we didn't know what we'd do if—"

"You need to take a breather," she reassured him. "The stress is clearly getting to you. When you're really bothered, you start speaking in a quick manner and start getting off subject."

"I can't help it. It's my nature to worry about everything like this. I'm the oldest, I have to be the one to protect my siblings and you, and I can't even do that. Honestly, I thought your plan was going to fail. I was prepared to sacrifice every drop of blood in my body just to make sure that you'd live through it. This is such a relief. I can't—"

"Just calm down, please. It'll be better if you can actually think clearly," she kindly ordered. Sophia understood that his panic was because of the love he bore for his family and her. But she also knew that if he wasn't focused, he'd have a higher chance of losing his own life for their cause.

"Never in this lifetime will I stop caring about you at every second of the day," he melodically confessed.

Sunggyu dragged her to the rectangular seat that was beside the mangled grand piano. It was the piano that he first sang to her with. The wooden ridges had been broken, most of the black and white keys were scattered all over the room. Even the large base was completely destroyed.

"Did you really think your plan was going to end positively?"

"I hoped it did. But I... I definitely was uncertain."

"So you were prepared to leave us that quickly?"

"I... I wasn't going to let my life end without trying something to stop it."

"Understandable."

"Sunggyu," Sophia uttered his name with an underlying touch of love and care. He loved hearing her say his name. It brought a sort of relief and happiness into his system that he normally couldn't touch. "I know you think I was stupid for attempting it in the first place—"

"I never thought you were stupid," he raised his hands to part her hair and placed the strands that was in his way from seeing her beautiful face to behind her ears. "And I never will."

"No matter how drastic and idiotic my choices are?"

He loved this side of her. The side that always thought so negatively of every situation. She looked at it as a problem, but he looked at it as a blessing. Her headstrong personality and loving ways are what made him fall for her so hard. None of her choices can ever be foolish in his eyes because he knows there's always a good reason behind them. "No matter what."

Sunggyu's eyes focused in on her open wound. The bloody bandage helped stop the blood slightly. The pain wasn't too much for her to handle. And even a different kind of hurt began to race through his heart. "You should've just let him bite you."

Sophia traced her fingertips along the cut. A sharp pain raced through her veins, but she ignored it. "He was trying to oppose my suggestion. I thought he wouldn't object once I made a cut." And her belief was proven to be a fact. Myungsoo couldn't resist once he smelled the sweetness of her blood.

A sort of longing lingered in Sunggyu's mind. A longing to know: why? Why Myungsoo? Why not him? Why was this happening? Why had he fallen for her? Why isn't he capable of protecting her? Why? Why? Why?

A chilling pause changed the mood.

"Soph," he sighed as he twiddled with his fingers, "why did you offer yourself to Myungsoo?"

She turned her head to face him. The twinkle in his eyes showed that he was near to tears. But for what? For what had happened? She didn't understand that at all. The sadness had crept into his heart. The jealousy was starting to take over. The anger began to build. Build for what cause? Because he wasn't the one? How could he be so sure? Nothing was certain. Some things only Sophia knew, and the one she loved the most was clearly a mystery to everyone. Maybe even to herself. None of it made sense.

Flashes of the battle that ensued in what used to be her bedroom entered her mind. The stragglers. The attacks. The scratches. The darkening pool of blood. All of it. The feelings attached to each and every moment. She was afraid of losing Myungsoo. She didn't want that to happen. She didn't want to be the reason for anyone's death. And so she made a selfish decision. She made the most selfish choice she possibly could. "It was either turn him or lose him. And I wasn't prepared to lose him."

So she did love Myungsoo. That was already known. It was a fact. But it was a fact that Sunggyu wasn't fully prepared to grasp yet. Why was he so envious of his younger brother? He should be happy. This means that she is happy with her choice and his brother gets the happy ending he's wanted. But... But Sungygyu wants that ending. He wants to be with her. He wants to hold onto her every night and wake up beside her every morning. He wants to be the sole reason for her to live. He wants to be her all. 

"I see."

Sunggyu tried to avoid looking Sophia in her eyes. He knew he'd break down upon seeing the emotion locked behind her pupils. And to be emotionally unstable during a battle as great as this will end in tragedy. The Prince didn't know that he was already weak due to the jealousy rising in his mind. He was already vulnerable. He needed to face his fears, his questions, his desires to truly be prepared for the fight.

And yet, another pause.

"Soph?"

"Yes?"

"What makes him so special?"

"Sunggyu..."

"It's probably because of how you guys met, huh? How much he's changed. Is that how you know he loves you so much? Through the choices that's lead you to that moment?" He wasn't prepared for what she could possibly say in return. It was unlike him to be so pessimistic, but the thought of actually losing her to his brother finally got to him. She was a factor that he wanted for himself.

"Nothing makes him more special than you or your brothers," she replied honestly, to lie to him was to lie to herself. It was not an elaborate reason. "It was merely the time and the place to make such a choice."

That made him feel a bit better, but just a tad. If he had been the one to be by her side during that little fight, then he'd be the one she had turned. This was something he'd never fully understand until he experienced it for himself. What sort of situation would push her to enforce such a change? What sort of feeling is it to be a full fledged vampire? What special upgrades were attached to a simple gesture? No. It wasn't a simple gesture. To be offered something like that by Sophia that was what he longed for. Sunggyu wanted to feel her love. He wanted it to manifest his entire being. He longed for that proof.

"Did he get an ability?"

"Yeah," Sophia nodded her head. The image of Myungsoo dipping his fingers in the blood sent tingles down her spine. The determination in his eyes burned through the fear in hers. He was confident that he'd win. He was confident of his abilities. He had known at that moment that he was capable of protecting her without getting injured himself. That sort of thrill was something only those who have experienced it before could possibly understand.

"A special one?"

"Sort of like the King's," she thought back at his movements. "I wouldn't be able to tell you elaborately, but it was... odd. Your father can instill obedience in anyone, just as long as he had seen you even just for a brief moment. Such a powerful ability that has been perfected over the years. But Myungsoo... I believe his needed a physical connection. I can't explain it."

"My brother's situation was clearly different from our Father's," Sunggyu sighed lightly. "Everything affects the transformation at that moment. It's a bit scary to think about especially since it ranges from the environment and the emotions."

"But some people don't even get abilities."

"True, there are those who aren't in a situation where gaining an ability is necessary."

"So," Sophia pressed her uninjured hand against the Prince's chubby cheeks, "if I were to offer you my blood right at this moment, you won't get anything special?"

Sunggyu froze at her words. What was she suggesting? She said she'd only give it when the time called for it? Was this her way of confessing? No. No. That confused him. He never wanted her to feel pressure about transforming him into an immortal being for good. Staring into her eyes, he realized that she understood the jealousy burning in his body. She wanted to put him at ease.

But this Prince didn't want to accept a part of her that wasn't his to take. "I don't want to find out."

A sense of relief entered Sophia's body. That was the response she wanted to hear. He finally realized that she only gave Myungsoo her blood because he was about to greet death himself. He was about to lose his life. For what? For her. And that was something she couldn't live with for the rest of her life. The thought of being the reason why any of them would die made her feel worthless. She yearned for him to know that she loved them all. And no one was more special than the rest.

At least that's what she tried to convince herself.

Sunggyu twitched at the sound coming from the locked door. Sophia looked back at the wooden frames also, noticing how frantically the doorknobs were being shaken. There was someone who wanted to get inside the room desperately. Again. And they didn't know how to operate the door at all. Sunggyu took a hold of Sophia's hand and pushed her against a wall. He hid her behind a couple of larger instruments. There were gaps for her to see him, maybe for reassurance that he was still there, maybe to prove to her that he was capable of protecting her just like Myungsoo.

"Sunggyu!" she whispered loudly. A feeling of deja vu entered her system. It was happening again.

"Don't move Soph. No matter what happens. Stay there," the assertive Woo brother ordered.

And so she followed his wishes as best she could. But it was Sophia. She wasn't one to obey so easily.

The door to the room broke open as two vampire assassins walked into the room with a stride. One was holding a long sword and the other with two daggers. The large wooden frames behind them closed silently. The Prince stared down his adversaries, examining any obvious wounds and weaknesses. Both enemy vampires had grim grins on their faces. They wiped off the blood on their weapons with their shirts before pointing the sharp ends towards the Prince himself.

"How many royals do you think we'll kill today?" taunted one of them.

"I count a total of nine," the other laughed in return. "Nine Woos to be exact. Any more will just be a treat actually. Why not include that pretty girl they all care about?"

Sunggyu's stance didn't falter at all at their words. A series of scenarios had already run through his mind. He was thinking of the best way to defeat them and get Sophia to another zone of safety. Or maybe a way to get her out first before fighting them. One thing was clear; Sophia's protection was the first priority.

"I don't think this one talks."

"Doesn't mean we can't hear his begs for mercy when we slaughter him."

And still, the Prince remained motionless. The determination in his eyes began to multiply. He focused on the one with the two daggers. That assassin would have to get really close to do some damage to the Prince while the other would have to swing his arm towards him. This made the one with the small daggers the perfect first victim.

"Do you not know how to speak?"

"We are guests in your lovely home. It's only proper to acknowledge us."

"Well, used to be lovely."

"Yeah, you have a pest problem. We can take care of that for you if you'd like."

And in that moment, Sunggyu seemed to have disappeared from Sophia's vision. He was the fastest of his brothers, actually a lot quicker than the enemies had expected. She tried not to blink again before noticing that Sunggyu was already behind the one holding the smaller weapons. The Prince quickly pushed the vampire's weapon into his stomach, causing him to lunge forward in pain. The second assassin tried to pull out his sword to slice a part of Sunggyu but failed in doing so.

"Let's guess if either of you will be able to walk out of this room alive," Sunggyu whispered into their ears. "Actually, neither of you will."

The vampire holding the long sword grinned largely. He had an advantage on the growing vampire in front of him. Sunggyu wasn't a full fledged vampire.  He wasn't fast enough. He wasn't strong enough. He wasn't at his optimal best. And that was his greatest disadvantage during this battle.

"Why don't you guess whether or not she'll make it out of this room alive," he maniacally laughed.

The other had pulled out his dagger from his lower torso and disappeared from Sunggyu's vision. He immediately focused his eyes to Sophia's position. She didn't understand what had happened until it was too late. The Princess of Akore couldn't have been a secret from the enemies. Sunggyu had forgotten that she was bleeding from her wound, and that made her easy to smell and recognize. How foolish of a Prince to overlook that factor. He had been so used to her scent that he failed to remember. The Prince noticed the enemy vampire push aside the instruments that surrounded her. Sophia turned to see piercing, evil eyes staring at her. Before another breath, he grabbed a hold of her luscious brown locks and pulled her up. The vulnerable girl let out a screeching yelp before being forced to stand up.

"No need to even guess. Why don't we just make it a fact," the vampire leaned against Sophia's ear. His cold lips grazed by the side of her face, causing chilling tingles to race down her spine. In a moment, her head was yanked back. The fear began to engulf her entire being.

Sunggyu felt a weakening attack on his arm. The other assassin took that opportunity as a point of weakness and vulnerability. "You won't be dying quickly. We'll make you watch her get ripped to pieces, losing every drop of blood in her living body, losing her humanity and her life."

The one who was holding onto Sophia leaned his lips against her neck. The warmth of her blood drove his senses into madness. The thought of being able to pierce into her neck and feel that sweetness excited him. Even just the scent exiting her self inflicted wound was enough to drive his thirst mad. "Surprised she hasn't been attacked by any of you before. Her blood is simply too sweet to resist."

The Prince pressed his free hand against his wound and tried to rush to Sophia's side. But, this time, he was way too slow. The vampire with the sword stabbed him through his torso and pulled him back. He held onto Sunggyu's unhurt arm and kept a strong hold. And still, the Prince tried not to let out the throbbing ache through screaming. It indicated weakness and that was something that he was not going to let the assassins know he held. He also knew that he had to be the strong fort for him and Sophia. He had to show her that it was going to be alright. But it was so difficult.

Sunggyu was losing all hope for he knew he was feeble in comparison to his enemies.

"No, no Prince. You won't be trying anything funny on us," the assassin told the injured young vampire.

Sophia lowered her head as best she could, instead of staring at the ceiling, and focused in on Sungggyu's eyes. He was bleeding far worse than she was. The fear began to be apparent in his eyes and stance. This Prince was starting to give up. He felt powerless since he couldn't even keep Sophia safe. Tears began to fall from her eyes. She never wanted him to feel like he was useless. That's not what she wanted at all.

"Sunggyu..." Sophia called out for him. Slowly, she began to absorb the terror that he held. If he couldn't stand tall and fight back, then neither could she. The Princess sought to make him feel needed. She needed him. His brothers needed him. His parents needed him. She had to force him to realize that he still yearned for life.

"Shh..." the assassin beside her whispered. He wrapped one of his arms around her waist and pulled her close to his body. Then, with another swift movement, he lifted his dagger and pressed it against her neck. "Wouldn't want to you to make the wrong move and lose your life much sooner than we plan."

"Sophia!" the Prince called out her name in an effort to calm her down.

"Sunggyu..."

The fear that was once in his body had entered hers. Just like it did in her bedroom with Myungsoo. He was no longer afraid. No. He didn't want this moment to be the end for her. This wasn't the time to stand back and let the panic and horror control his actions. This was when he has to show her that he was capable of protecting her.

Sunggyu lunged forward, pulling his body from the sword. The mere sound of it was similar to brushing two knives together, distinct and bone chilling. He finally released the pain but didn't slow down at all. The Prince fell to his knees, just a few feet from the girl he loved. She wanted to meet him, to hold him in her arms, but failed in doing so for she was being held back.

The two vampire assassins began to laugh at his misfortune. They thoroughly enjoyed torturing him, both physically and mentally. The enemies knew the Prince's weakness, but she was also their strength.  The dagger was no longer pressed against Sophia's neck. She had to make a move. She had to make one soon.

The Prince had his head lowered and his hand applying pressure to the wound on his lower torse.  He tried his best to hide his tears from Sophia. "Remember the first time we were in this room," he spoke, "and how I played you that melody?"

"Oh great, he's definitely lost his mind," one of the assassins tried to hold back his happiness upon knowing that their plan was working.

"I can't seem to have you with only my heart. And, can you smile?" Sunggyu's voice eased her soul. She didn't want it to. Sophia didn't know what he was about to do. And what he was about to sacrifice for her wellbeing. "I said to go. I said I'm okay. Seems like I can give nothing. But this to you at the end."

"Sunggyu! Dont!" Sophia called out to him.

No. He was going to make the ultimate sacrifice for her. The Prince was going to take her place in the arms of death.

"Because you can only be happy once you leave my side," Sunggyu sang the final line. His vision began to darken quickly. The room started to spin. He was losing too much blood. He was too weak. He wasn't strong enough to keep his consciousness. Like a musical piece, the metronome of his life was approaching its last few tics.

The song of his life and his heart had come to an end. But his love was never going away. If it meant that Sophia was going to live, he was prepared to leave her side for all eternity.

"Sunggyu!!"

The Princess screamed his name, taking a hold of the dagger that was once pressed against , and slamming it into her enemy's leg. He lunged forward, dropping the other onto the ground. She grabbed it within seconds and pressed it against his throat, slicing through the lifeline. But it wasn't enough to kill him. No, you have to stab them through the heart, their engine. Sophia pulled the weapon she had stuck into his limb and forced it into his heart. Her bandages began to unravel. The enemy didn't know just how to react. He wasn't prepared for what had just happened and neither was his comrade. His veins began to darken and protrude from his body, appearing like black streaks along his pale body. Staring into the eyes of his killer, it registered in his mind just who he had messed with. She wasn't the type of girl to stand back and watch others die for her. She was going to go against their wishes, their beliefs, their thoughts. She wasn't going to let them die for her, not today, not tomorrow, not any day; just as long as she was still breathing, she'd still fight to keep them safe.

The assassin who believed her life was in his hands was the one to greet death at that moment. Not Sunggyu. As long as Sophia loved him, he wasn't going anywhere.

"What the f—" the other assassin was in awe. How does he react? He never thought she'd be able to do that, let alone execute it so quickly.

Sophia slided to Sunggyu's side, lifted his head to her lap and pressed the dagger against her already healing wound. This was the moment she'd offer herself for him. Without speaking a word, she'd give her all to the eldest Woo, simply because she loved him. The Princess of Akore then pressed her palm against his lips. Sunggyu had to accept it. He couldn't have left her yet.

She was willing to sacrifice her everything for him.

"Wake up you idiot! WAKE UP!"

The sweetness of Sophia's offering revived the Prince instantly. His wounds began to heal quicker than ever and he felt himself become empowered. A few more minutes, maybe even mere seconds, he would have shook hands with death and been on his way. He felt his everything begin to strengthen. His heart began to race like a family of horses down an open green meadow. He felt his muscles tighten. He felt his throat accept every drop of blood. He felt the love enter his veins, his heart, his mind. The thrill of it all was unbelievable. She did love him. She really did.

This was the moment that he yearned for.

A simple melody began to come from each instrument that could still play a tone in the room. It was a melancholic tune. The only living adversary began to turn in circles right where he was. Confusion entered his mind. He wasn't sure what was happening. All of his years living, never had he experienced something so spine tingling. Now fear had entered his body, and in no way was it going to leave any time soon.

Sophia immediately recognized the tune. It was the song he had played for her by the grand piano not too long ago. She realized it was him who was doing it. But how did he?

Sunggyu lifted his head from her palm for he finally regained his energy. And more. He was much more powerful now. He was faster than before. He was more lethal. He was now capable of fully protecting the girl he loved. Confidence soothed his thoughts. Standing up tall, between the enemy and the girl of his dreams, he stared down the assassin. This was the feeling of becoming a full fledged vampire. And he accepted it with open arms. Especially since it meant he was finally able to keep her safe.

The melody was abruptly stopped. Sophia stared at each instrument scattered across the room. She didn't understand what sort of control Sunggyu now held. His words lingered in her mind. He spoke of how the environment and the situation affected one's ability once they were turned into a real immortal being. They were in the room where all sorts of songs, melodies, and rhythms were created. They were at his sanctuary. And the Prince loved every instrument in this room. He knew how to play each and every one. He had created a musical piece with them all. He confessed his longing for Sophia beside that mangled piano. He proved his love for her at that seat. He first sang her that song begging for her to continue smiling. That's why he decided to stick around this room. If it had to be destroyed in the madness of the war, it would be under his guard. Not under any one else's. No one else could appreciate the beauty and the uniqueness of this area like he did.

He was the composer of his own melodies. He controlled the pitch. He controlled the rhythm. He controlled the notes. He controlled the speed. The power over it all was in his hands, his voice, his mind.

No one was capable of escaping the lingering tone of his orders.

The opposing vampire then covered his ears and screamed in agony. He bent down, trying his best to close his ear holes. There was a deafening tone that only he could hear. It was ear piercingly damaging, enough to drive anyone insane. It was the perfect note, a note that wasn't a natural tone, to inflict mental and physical damage to anyone. No matter how hard he tried to escape it, he couldn't. He was incapable of such an act. Sophia focused on him. What was happening?

"Do you hear that?" Sunggyu's lingering voice asked him calmly. "Do you hear that note?"

No. The Princess didn't hear a thing. She didn't understand what was going on. Was this his ability? Was this his gift?

"Stop it! Stop it!" the assassin begged in agony. "Stop it! STOP IT!"

"No," the Prince replied simply. "Never."

Then the enemy vampire lifted his head from its shelter. What Sophia had seen was gruesome in its own way. He had begun to cry tears, but not clear tears of water. It was composed of blood. He was crying trails of pure blood. They ran from his tear ducts to his chin.

"I beg you."

"You beg me? You had the intent of injuring us. My family." Sunggyu took a step forward. The assassin released his anguish in another scream.  "My friends." Another call of distress escaped the enemy. "My love." One more torturous yelp. "I feel no remorse for my actions at this moment. You were about to kill her. And that is an unforgivable act."

Then an even higher note began to ring in the assassin's ears. It lingered in his mind. The pain was worse than being stabbed by a thousand needles. No. A thousand daggers. No. A thousand swords. While being salted and oiled. Actually, it was a sting that was worse than death itself. And that's what Sunggyu wanted him to feel.

Sophia got up and wrapped her arms around Sunggyu's waist. He remained focused on the enemy in front of him. He was going to make that idiot vampire pay for his actions, his intentions, his goal. He was going to make him suffer for even thinking he was capable of laying a hand on her. Sophia pressed her head against his back. The beating of heart began to beat in tune with his own, like a metronome keeping the beat of any melody. The sound her breathing drew his attention. She was really alive. He was the one protecting her now. Sophia knew she had to calm him down somehow. And this was the only way she could. She had to prove to him that it was alright.

"Sunggyu," just hearing her say his name brought him back from his anger.

The Prince realized that he had bigger and better things to do than torture a useless assassin. He brought his attention back to the enemy, but just for a few seconds. His grin didn't falter. He had won. "Only way to make it stop is to kill yourself."

And the enemy didn't oppose. He lifted his sword and snapped it into two with his bare hands. Now with his own palms cut, he still pressed it against his torso. Staring into the eyes of his killer, he began to realize just the sort of power the Prince held. Just like how his comrade looked into Sophia's own pupils. No matter what, just as long as there was something worth living and fighting for, Sunggyu and Sophia and the rest of the Woos were going to keep on going. That was a fact that the vampire assassins didn't comprehend. And that made them much weaker than the Woos and Sophia, full fledged vampire or not.

With a simple gesture, the Prince had spoken the truth, and the pain in the assassin's mind ceased. It was gone. It was over.

Sunggyu turned around quickly and held onto Sophia tightly. He raised his hand to graze by the back of her head. It wasn't a dream, right? It wasn't a fantasy? She embraced him tighter than before. She thought she had lost him for good. She never wanted that. She never wants that to happen.

"This isn't the other side, is it?"

"No, I'm real. You're real. This is all real."

"Good. Good."

He focused in on the body that laid beside the wall. The Prince had completely forgotten about the other vampire in the room. He immediately let go of Sophia and pushed her behind him, standing in a defensive stance between the already dead enemy and her. He was dead. He really was. What? How did that happen?

"Uh?" Sunggyu pointed towards the dead body.

"Handled that myself. Didn't think you're the only one capable of killing an enemy, did you?" Her happy voice brought a smile to his face. He was at ease, knowing that she was safe.

Sunggyu intertwined fingers with Sophia and brushed his hand against her face. "Didn't think you would."

"Had to. Lose you or kill him. The choice was clear."

"So," a small pause, "you do love me?"

"Yes, silly, I always have."

A large grin formed across his face. The words he had always wanted to hear. And the proof he had always wanted. It was finally his. Knowing that he had a part of her love was enough to make him want to live for her even more. He was now a full fledged vampire. Because of her. Because of Sophia. Because of her love for him. And that was all he needed.

"Come on, it's not safe in here anymore," Sunggyu pulled her closer to the doors. "I'll bring you to the library."

"Wait," Sophia pulled him back. "What's your ability?"

"Remember how I told you about how the environment and situations affect one's ability?"

"Yes."

"We are in the room where notes of all sorts are created and heard. I think that affected my ability. And maybe the fact that I was singing beforehand. Maybe it's my extensive knowledge on instruments and melodies. Maybe it's simply because we are in the Music Room. I don't know. But music has something to do with it."

"So you can control instruments?"

"What?"

"You were controlling the instruments earlier," Sophia pointed to the wooden frames all over the room.

"I can't do that," Sunggyu nodded his head in disagreement.

"Yeah you can."

"You mean, like this?"

A sweet melody began to ring in Sophia's ears. It calmed her down exponentially. The rhythm was beautiful and heartwarming. But the source of it was undeterminable. She wasn't sure where it was originating from. Suddenly, her entire being felt at greater ease than before.

"Yes! How did you do that?"

"Secret," Sunggyu winked as best he could at her. "Just remember that a song is capable of changing one's mood. All depends on what one hears. But we'll talk more about this later. Let's go!"

He opened the door slightly, poking his head out of the door. The hallways were once again covered with enemies and butlers. Sophia had completely tuned out the screams and yells of the maids who hadn't gotten out yet. And even those that emitted from the village itself. She had completely forgotten about the war going on outside of the Music Room. Sunggyu's grip around her hand tightened for a bit, then the screams began to fade. Sophia stuck her head out of the corridor as she noticed the enemies all on the ground. They had passed out from Sunggyu's song.

"Stop wasting time and stab them already," Sunggyu ordered those in the hall.

The Prince dragged his Princess out of the room and brought her into the grand library. Sungyeol was finishing off a straggler in the far corner, using books as weapons somehow. He snapped off the struggling enemy's head before disposing of it behind a pile of broken pages and wooden shelves. The sight no longer made Sophia sick. Another straggler was still alive, and just about to attack the unknowing tall Prince, before it had fallen back and began screaming in pain. The musically talented brother had sent the same deafening tone to the enemy. Sophia locked the library doors as Sunggyu ran to his brother's side. Sungyeol was astonished at how much faster his brother was. The oldest snapped the neck of the straggler quickly, and tossed his body against the others who had already died.

"What would you do without me?" Sunggyu asked his younger brother.

"Forget that," Sungyeol rolled his eyes. "Tell me what the hell was going on in the Music Room."

"What so ever do you mean, brother?"

"Think I can't hear anything? I heard that melody earlier," the tallest wrapped his arms around Sophia lightly. "This isn't the time to be playing her songs, Sunggyu."

"You heard it too?" Sophia asked him.

"Yeah, of course i did. But I thought the instruments were broken."

"They are," Sunggyu nodded his head. He was stepping closer and closer to the exit. "Let's just say I got a lifelong upgrade." The oldest unlocked the grand doors before smiling back at Sophia and Sungyeol. He knew that she'd be safe with him. His duty had to be passed down. It was no longer his time to be with her. "I'm needed elsewhere in the kingdom. Keep her safe yeah?"

"Wait, where are you going?!" Sungyeol called out for his older brother.

Sophia watched the oldest Woo brother salute them. He was giving his younger brother his blessing. Why? Because he realized that for her to remain safe, she had to be in the caring arms of each of them. She nodded at his gesture.

"It's alright Sungyeol," she leaned her head against his arm, since she was too short to reach his shoulders. "He'll be fine."

"Yeah,"Sunggyu grinned to show his confidence. "I'm capable of protecting myself. I believe in you, Sungyeol. Take good care of her." With that line, he exited the room, leaving the responsibility of protecting Sophia at the capable hands of the tallest Woo brother.

The melody that ringed in Sophia's ears had finally ended. But the ease never escaped her. She looked up to at Sungyeol's eyes. He felt stronger with her by his side. He understood what his brother meant by the lifelong upgrade. The smell of her blood had caught his attention the moment she stepped into the room. He ripped off a piece of his shirt sleeve, and wrapped it around the open wound.

"Gotta start somewhere, right?" he laughed to lighten the mood.

But in no way was this the time to laugh. They were in the middle of a war that wasn't anywhere near finished. And the lives lost hadn't been revealed to them. The melancholic melody that shrouded the Kingdom of Seoul was not finished. And the tale that was still being written foreshadowed a dark ending.

But how dark was a mystery to all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BADUM DUM DUM. And another chapter is rolled out! Sorry for the super late update. It was testing week last week and I couldn't put down the books or even not do an assignment. Need to do good in school lol. T______T okay anyways! The war goes on! sadly. 

i wanted this chapter to show how the jealousy is starting to be apparent. And that the 'fact' that each of them was okay with her loving them all was a lie. I mean, an underlying jealousy has to be there. It's always going to be there. They are never sure of just who she loves the most that's why. if she confesses to who is number one, that would ease their pain a lot. but she won't. she can't. and she may never do so. maybe. MAYBE. 

I also wanted to return it all to her special place with Sunggyu. DO YOU SEE THE PATTERN? IF YOU DO, LEAVE IT BELOW IN THE COMMENTS. I SHALL GIVE YOU A COOKIE IF YOU FIGURE IT OUT. 

FOR THOSE OF YOU CONFUSED ON MYUNGSOO'S ABLITY AND THE KING'S. HERE IS A BRIEF DESCRIPTION ON THE DIFFERENCES. Myungsoo's power needs physical contact. I'm not sure if i should explain it right now, but i'll give you a gist of it since i may not have clearly explained it out in the convo between Sunggyu and Sophia. Like Tablo's is he just needs to look at you, make eye contact, and you're under his control. That's because the Queen was staring at his eyes, dying, when he became a full fledged vampire. he held her life in his arms, and so that's how his power was born. Now, Myungsoo wanted that control too. but since he was covered in blood and he was bleeding, that affected his. the King's power is mentally attached, so basically one becomes a bowl of jelly inside and you have no awareness of what you are doing. Myungsoo's power is more physical. Once he comes in contact with your blood, your under his control. yet you are aware of what he's doing yet can't help it. Like a puppeteer. In a way, Myungsoo's power is more dangerous. yet the king's is more powerful

did you like it? hate it? loved it? didn't approve? wanted something different? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK BELOW <3

 

@jelly143~ awe i'm glad you loved last chapter! lol. i love reading comments from biased readers. it makes me feel joyed to know that i'm not leaving out a certain ship or OTP. :D but i'm glad you are dropping a comment now! THAT REMAINS A SECRET BB. >:3

@onlyyoujbp~ thank you!! I just want to know who your favorite character is :) It has nothing to do with who she ends up with in the end, well that is if you are referring to the polls. haha. thank you so much for your support! Don't worry bubs, i've had her ending thought out for a while. and I am satisfied with it :D

@delriousdeviation~DID SOMEONE MENTION SUNGYEOL? OH LOOK. OH LOOK. dude, if i was in her position in real life, i'd be it up without a single shame. hhahahhahaha. OH MAN THAT'S SO MEAN, LEAVE ONE LEFT OUT HOW CRUEL IS THAT.  does the differences between the king and myungsoo's abilities make sense hun? :D 

@cnicole~ ;) I don't know how to properly respond other than, wait and see bubs. <3

@shaneru-chi~ THANK YOUUUU. i'm glad it was intense. oh you myungsoo biased person you! hahaha~ thank you~ i'm considering it, hopefully people would buy my stories ;w;

@iamaclumsypanda~ YEAH HE DID! haha.thank you! ehehe~ i'm sorry for making you wait! i'm sorry for sidetracking you! you should have done well then! they dooooo work well, but doesn't she with everyone? :)

@applepearles~ my author's notes are the B.E.S.T. haha. see what i did there. you know. naega jaeil jal naga. thank you~ :D