Chapter Forty Two—The Sixth

I am not so easily wooed~

 

 

Sungjong pulled Sophia a bit closer to him, for her heartbeat was starting to grow fainter and fainter. The BEAST boys watched as the aura around him matured in a matter of seconds. Sophia snuggled up against his chest, pressing her head against his chest. The youngest Woo brother seemed to swoon as he was holding the Princess. He had never been this close to her before, simply because he was afraid of being too close. His family's love streak wasn't the best and it had scared him as he grew up. This Prince knew that he loved Sophia, but a part of him thought that he should keep a big distance to save her from sadness. And so, he never kissed her on the lips or even made any advances to do so. It took a lot of courage to even kiss her cheek that one day at his garden. He was mostly the one she talked to in terms of finding advice. But that was alright with him. Her company was what mattered the most to Sungjong, and her happiness. Just as long as a smile remained on her face, whoever may be the person that was the cause didn't matter, he was going to be just as glad.

"We'll you to somewhere safe," suggested Doojoon.

"We can go to the garden," Sungjong told them of his sanctuary. "It's the safest place I know."

The seven of them then started to walk together to Sungjong's garden. Darkness still stuck around the entire kingdom, with melancholy clouds floating above everyone's heads. It was hauntingly creepy. No matter where they went, the sad environment of the war followed. The large fires in the village had been slightly extinguished; there were still little fires here and there. And yet, screams were still echoing through every corner.

"May I ask what had happened to Sophia?" the Prince questioned the BEAST boys. He knew that they had witnessed her gain those injuries. The vision of her being so beat up, it burned his heart to the core.

"Assassins," Dongwoon responded simply.

"They took advantage of her and Hoya. And some had blindfolded him as others tortured her," added Kikwang in an effort to elaborate a bit on the situation.

Yoseob walked right up to Sungjong's side and grazed his fingertips across Sophia's cheeks. The bruises had bothered him a lot too. Even though she was part vampire, it still scared him to see her injured at all. The smell of her blood made his own boil. "But she kept quiet, fighting back the urge to scream, because she knew that Hoya would panic upon hearing her pain. So, she took every hit like a warrior."

Sungjong looked down at her momentarily. The biggest bruise was on her right cheek, and it rose to her eye socket and was in the shape of a fist. It was already in the stages of healing. "She would."

"I must say though," Hyunseung stretched his arms, reaching out to the sky before he extended his arms to his sides, "your brother has one hell of a power."

"What do you mean?"

"His ability," Kikwang looked at Sungjong with doelike eyes. "You know, how some vampires can gain abilities when they turn into full fledged vampires? His is pretty damn amazing."

"He's not a full fledged vampire," Sungjong nodded his head left and right.

The naive nature of this brother was pretty obvious. It may have just been a part of his personality. It may have been because of his lack of experience. Was he oblivious to the clear fact that Hoya and the other Woo brothers Sophia has had contact with so far have all been frozen in time? And all of them had unique abilities too!

"Yes," Junhyung opposed his beliefs, "yes your brother is."

"No, I would know if he was."

"Sungjong, kiddo," Doojoon patted then messed up his hair a bit, similar to what the older Woo brothers would do, "he really is."

The Prince stopped in his tracks and stared out into the distance. In his mind, it was impossible for any of his brothers to even be anywhere close to being full fledged. Sophia had told him she had this belief that she wasn't going to turn any of them without a real and desperate reason to. Was she really that scared? Was his life really in that much danger? The thought of transforming scared him the most. He didn't know if he was capable of living forever, of being around forever, of always being alive. This individual believed that to do so alone would be boring and unnecessary. Even with his brothers at his side, if he were to transform, he would feel lonely without her.

Staring down at the Princess in his grasp, a simple tear drop fell from one of his eyes. He loved her. He really did. And to know that she loved Hoya, so much that she turned him, broke his heart. In his mind, that meant that he wasn't loved in return. But little did he know that there were four other Woo brothers running around the palace grounds with special abilities of their own, frozen in time and more likely to survive, just like Hoya himself.

"You okay?" asked Yoseob, inching his face close to the Prince.

Sungjong continued to be focused at the landscape in front of him. His garden was just a few feet away. "Yeah, yeah. Fine." Which was a total lie.

"Okay, well, it's time for us to return to the battlefield. If you need help, just call out alright?" Junhyung announced their farewell.

The Prince nodded his head to show that he understood before the six BEASTs ran off into the horizon. They were a lot faster than he had ever anticipated. Each of them had this air of strength and reliability about them. Individually, they were capable of fighting on their own, and being together made them nearly invincible. The BEASTs were truly skilled in terms of battle experience.  Their humanity kept them in place during their years in captivity and forced fights. And being able to fight for a cause like protecting a dear friend was something they truly needed to convince them that they weren't just animals or weapons. They had a will to live.

A few more steps into his garden, Sungjong searched for a suitable place to hide out with Sophia in. All of his flowers and trees remained unharmed, untouched, unnoticed by any enemy. He had mostly been fighting in the vast meadow that separated the garden from the palace and the maze. Each flower still held its same vibrant colours. They still stood in the ground with bright expectations. Everything was captivatingly beautiful, contrasting the horror of the war itself. His sanctuary was definitely an odd contrast to the horrific environment that surrounds it. He slowly opened the door to his greenhouse, where all of his roses were, and locked the glass frame behind him.

"Mommy..." Sophia whispered extremely lightly. "...Daddy..."

"Soph?" Sungjong asked her sweetly. "Sophia?"

The Princess, who was slowly gaining her strength and consciousness, opened her eyes slightly. She focused in on the heartbeat from the body pressed against her chest. Raising her right hand, she slightly touched the soft cotton shirt against Sungjong's body before clutching it lightly. "Can you put me down...?"

"Yeah, yeah," the Prince nodded as he lowered himself to leaning against one knee so he could gently place her on the soft grass at his feet.

She wouldn't let go of her hold on his shirt. With her eyes still adjusting to the sudden change in surroundings, she called out, "Lay down with me, please."

Sungjong felt powerless to her request and followed it with no questions asked. He lay on his back and turned his head so he could stare at her. The Princess finally released her clasp on him, but her hand was spread on the grass inbetween them. Her face and injuries were healing faster than Sungjong could have predicted.

Tears began to escape her eyes. But she didn't seem to want to wipe them away at all. Sungjong was caught off guard by her sadness, for he didn't know about what had happened with Hoya other than the attack by the assassins. He reached out for her with his left hand, turning his body so he could press his right side on the grass instead of his back.  Using his thumb to make her tears disappear, the Prince quietly looked over the girl he loved.

"...I'm sorry," Sophia apologized behind her huffing.

"Sorry for what, Soph?"

She slowly opened her eyes and stared at the Prince. Seeing his glorious chocolate brown eyes brought some happiness into her soul. The Princess was uneasy after finding out that her family were amoung the casualties of the war. This feeling, however, was completely acceptable. Losing any of them was never an option for her. Sungjong was truthfully worried about Sophia, both for her mental and physical health. He wanted to make sure that she was protected and that she felt safe.

"They're gone because of me," she told him. "They died because of me."

Sungjong didn't understand who 'they' were. "Who?"

Sophia lifted her right hand to touch his that was on her cheeks and wiggled her way right to his side. She needed someone to cry to. And Sungjong was the perfect person to release her feelings to. Staring into his eyes, she tried to find the right words to properly tell him what she had feared for so long.

After a few more seconds, a simple sigh escaped her pink lips and she wept, "My family."

It was far worse than Sungjong had anticipated. He wrapped his arms around her body, pulling her in to a tight embrace. They continued to lie on the soft grass though, surrounded by a rainbow of roses. She cried onto his clothes, thinking about each and every moment she had ever spent with the Song family—with her family.  She considered herself a Song. It was all she could attach to her entire being. They were all she could refer to as a true family. She recalled each smile, each laugh, each person perfectly. Their unique personality. Their different voice tones. The way they all loved her unconditionally.

"I'm... I'm..." Sungjong didn't know what to tell her.

And he couldn't complete what he wanted to tell her. He didn't know what the appropriate words to say were. He had never been in a position where he lost someone close to him. And he didn't know how to properly assess the situation.  But he loved her, and he didn't want to see her like this. Not for a moment.

Sophia sniffed lightly as she asked an extremely outlandish question. She whispered, "Why is it that everyone I love ends up dying because of me?"

Now that question had slightly angered Sungjong. How dare she even think for a second that she was at fault? She couldn't pin the blame on herself like that. Why would she ever think that it was her fault? It's not because of her at all. She needed to see that.

Yet her question was not at random. Facts had fully supported such a belief. There were too many individuals that had left too soon in her life. And the love slowly transformed into blame; blame that wasn't directed to anyone other than Sophia herself.

"You're not the cause of any of this," he fought against her thoughts.

She opposed his reaction. This was the only way she could let it go. Sophia needed to face her fears. "My real mother died for me."

"Soph."

"My real father died for me."

"Don't Soph... Please."

"My adoptive parents died because of me."

"Stop this."

"My siblings died because of me. They had the rest of their lives ahead of them...They were just children..."

"Sophia!" he yelped a bit. Unwrapping his arms from her body, he forced her to look into his eyes. His anger had built up. "Stop this. Stop. Why would you ever think something as ridiculous as that?"

"It's true, Sungjong. I've... I've lost so many people... I'm the reason for all of it... I'm the one who ended their lives..."

"You didn't kill your parents. You didn't kill Cathy and Jun. You didn't kill the kids. You were not the one who ended their lives!"

"But I'm the reason for it all... I'm the cause..."

"The people who murdered them coldheartedly are the ones who should be at blame, not you."

And yet, the Princess wasn't really hearing his words. She was clouded with such darkness. "...If I wasn't around... If..."

"If you weren't around, then none of them would have had the pleasure of loving something so wonderful and beautiful."

His words weren't penetrating her mind. She was too focused on the pessimistic side of the situation. But how could she see the light? "...You're too kind to me. You're too loving..."

"I speak nothing but the truth," he whispered to her lightly. "Honestly, Soph, to hear you put all the blame on yourself like this is just too much for my heart to handle. Please, don't ever think this is because of you. This is not because of you. Not at all."

"Then why else did they die? Why else would someone kill them?"

"Because those people do not know what love truly is." And that was the perfect reason that she needed to hear. Sungjong really knew just what to say to prove to her that she was foolish in blaming herself.

"...What is love then?"

"When you are willing to sacrifice every inch of your being, your soul, your heart just for that person or those people to live. When you're ready to go through hell just so they could continue to breathe. When you're willing to stand back and watch them from a distance to ensure that a smile and laugh always escaped from their lips. When you're willing to give them up, just so they could have better future. That's what love is. And that's what every single one of your family members, both blood and non-blood, felt for you."

His answer caused her to divert into another part of the situation. She wasn't ready to face the fact that she really wasn't at fault. "Why me... Why..." She began questioning as to why anyone would ever love her and also why all of this misfortune was aimed at her.

"Because you meant that much to all those people," he caressed her hair lightly. "And to us."

He tightened his hold on her. And she released the remaining buckets of tears hidden in her body. She accepted that his words were not lies, but they were so close to the truth that it was scary. The Princess needed to realize that none of it could have been prevented. Some things are prechosen by fate itself, and will inevitably happen no matter who tries to interfere with the fabric of time. Each and every single one of her family, even Mrs. Moon, loved her until the very end. They wanted her to live the best life possible, simply because of their appreciation, respect, affection, care, and faith for her. It's not like they knew they were going to die. They just knew that they had to protect as many people as possible. And she was definitely one of the people they all wanted to keep safe.

Turning back the hands of time, her real parents had made the ultimate sacrifice for her. They sacrificed their lives to ensure that she could have the best possible one for herself. Her mother let her go, simply because she knew she was not the one who was meant to look after her. The week they had with their daughter was nothing compared to the eternity they were capable of spending with her, but it wasn't a choice. To part with her, knowing that she could escape the hell they had to go through, was the best option for their baby. And so it had to be done. They had to say goodbye. A disease threatened her mother's life, and it was destined to end sooner or later, and so she was determined to leave behind at least her husband to look after their daughter. But what she overlooked was the love that Sophia's father held for her. Sophia's father couldn't leave behind Aurora once their plan was in motion. And that's why they died together that day. Simply because of love.

And Sophia's parents certainly watched after her from the moment of their deaths until now. They watched her grow. They saw her take her first steps. They saw her learn her first word. They saw her learn how to spell her name. They saw her mature into a beautiful young lady who expressed nothing but love to her new family. They watched from a distance as she experienced the life she was destined to have. And both of them imagined what it would be like if they had the chance of having the life she held. It would have been perfect. They saw her excel in baking through all of her hard work. They saw her befriend and become extremely close to the Woo brothers. They watched as she was intertwined into a twisted world that was meant to be hers. Even now, they were watching as the war ensued in their new home. But, each of them were powerless, for they were merely spirits. Both of them cheered for a different Woo brother actually, at the end of the day, when it came to who Sophia was going to pick to love forever and ever. If only Sophia knew that they had never truly left her side, would she be more forgiving towards herself?

And Cathy and Jun. Sophia's showing had brought a whole different light to their lives. She was the reason Cathy began being more outgoing. She had definitely become more reserved after Queen Jenny's disappearance. But once Cathy saw Sophia, held her in her arms, and began loving her, she realized that life was too short to spend chained to their home. Sophia was the reason for returning Cathy's happiness, her genuine smile, and her unique laughter. Jun loved Sophia like she was his own right from the start. He was so excited to look after someone that he wanted to teach her as much as he could himself. Overprotective and overbearing weren't words to describe him, he just really loved her. Not for a moment did they ever use the fact that she wasn't their blood get in the way of their hearts. To them, she was their baby. To them, she was their daughter. To them, she was their Sophia. Had they known the truth about her past, they wouldn't have loved her any differently. Both supported her through each and every obstacle with no problem. Cathy and Jun's job was to raise a well rounded, respectable young lady, and they had done that.

Cathy went off to the cemetery that day to drop off her annual flowers at her friend's grave. Even though there wasn't even a body there, it was all she had left of her closest companion. She'd typically spend a lengthy amount of time, talking about how her year had been and what was going on in her life at that moment. Just like old times. This woman remained faithful to her best friend simply because there seemed to be no one else in the world who could match up to their connection. Had Cathy seen Jenny before she was killed, would her fate have been different? Had Jenny been a bit earlier in meeting her, would she have lived? Had Hoya not diverted the attention of Jenny's father, how would he have reacted to seeing his daughter at her grave? There were too many what-ifs to ask, too many questions needed to be answered, too many different paths that were able to be taken. 

To put any of their minds at ease they had to finally know the fate of Jenny. She wasn't dead. She wasn't missing. She was just across the palace walls, living a beautiful wedded life with her husband and children. She was so close, yet so far. That's probably what made it worse. The fact that distance wasn't the issue; it was safety. But in the end, death still caught up with Cathy. And Jenny's number one fear had turned into reality with a vengeance.

How is one strong enough to  eave the person they love, in an attempt to protect them? Can someone really be that willing to break both of their hearts? Can someone truly make that sacrifice for another's wellbeing?

Yes. Because this tale has expressed that sort of commitment and choice in so many different forms.

And well, it isn't over.

Lastly, the kids. The six Song siblings. Not much can be said about them. They were like different pieces of Sophia's personality, scattered amoung a wide array of ages. They looked up to their sister with such respect and honour that it would make the general of an army look extremely disrespected. Even though none of them agreed with her choice to drop out of school and start working, they did enjoy expressing their gratitude with hugs and kisses to her. Each knew that they had to continue doing their best in everything they did, just so they could prove to their oldest sister that all of her sacrifices weren't for nothing. They admired her courage, her strength, her determination. That's why they refused to leave until they knew that she was safe.

What Sophia didn't know was that, Jun was prepared to take the entire family out of the kingdom when the bells had started alarming the entire village. But the children, each and every single one, opposed his begging because they thought Sophia was in the biggest amount of danger in the world. They wanted someone to go after her, to make sure that she was safe first, before they left their home. And their mother, Cathy, was still at the cemetery by then, and hadn't returned. The children refused to go anywhere if their family wasn't complete. It was their belief.  It was how they were raised. Stick together until the end. That was why the six children were so close to each other when Hoya had found them. If they were going to die, they were going to die protecting each other, just as Sophia had been doing since their births. The children were willing to sacrifice themselves, as the ultimate payback for all their oldest sister had done for them. That is, whether she liked it or not.

But in no way, in any of the situations, was Sophia at fault for anyone's deaths. That's the one thing that she slowly accepted, with the help of Sungjong's words.

She had lost too many people in such a short amount of time and feared being alone in the world. That's why it took such strong words from someone she also loved to prove to her that the events took place on their own. Sophia never wanted anyone to be near the brink of death, or even fight until the very end for her. But she couldn't control their choices. And those individuals simply loved unconditionally, irrevocably, wildly, unimaginably. One can never love someone too much for there is no limit to love itself.

When it came down to it, Queen Aurora just sped the process of her death, for she was already cursed from the experimentation. She just believed that sacrificing herself for the wellbeing of saving her husband and her child was enough payment for all of the hurt her choice would leave behind. Sophia's father shook hands with Death in an attempt to protect his family, his wife, and his daughter. The kids died because they believed that without a full family, they would be nothing. And they weren't strong enough to fight back. Had those assassins not been so hungry, then they may have lived. They may have overlooked the home. Jun died in an attempt to protect his children also. But unlike Sophia's real father, he was unsuccessful. Yet knowing that at least there was a possibility that someone he loved, may it have been his wife or Sophia, was alive; it had given him peace, just enough to move on to greet his six other babies. He had begged for forgiveness, and bid adieu to reality itself. Cathy was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. Had she not had that tradition of leaving behind flowers at Jenny's grave, she may have been at home with her family. She would have died in the same way as her husband, wouldn't she? It was a possibility. They may have had the chance to escape in time. Would they have left without Sophia?

There were too many paths able to be taken, and well, what's done was done. Nothing can be changed.

Sophia slightly pushed Sungjong away from her, making him release his hold around her body. "...Sungjong..."

"Yes?" The softness of his love expressed through his tone.

This was going to be her own simple request. It wasn't something that was going to change her life directly. But it would definitely transform his. Literally. "Take my blood, Sungjong."

And a pause may have stopped Sungjong's heart from beating. He stared out onto the grassy meadow, processing her words into even simpler notions. What had she just asked? Why would she even do something like that? He thought she loved Hoya. That's what he had accepted. He had the same mentality as Sunggyu when he found out about Myungsoo's transformation. It was their number one fear. Even though each brother accepted the fact that they were battling for her affections, knowing that you were winning was thrilling. And well, having turned into a full fledged vampire was the ultimate disclaimer of how much love Sophia truly held for them.

Why was Sophia asking him to take her blood? She had come to the conclusion that although she wasn't at fault for the deaths of her family; she was capable of helping out in the protection of those she had left. And turning them into full fledged vampires was the only option that secured their fate. It made them faster, stronger, more powerful, more aware—just complete and utter upgrades of their old selves. A sense of relief entered Sophia's body upon knowing that she could at least save someone from death.

"...I know it's sudden," she couldn't even look him in the eyes and just continued to stare at the big tear stain she had left on his shirt. "But I can't lose anyone else. I just... I can't plan another burial..."

And yet, the Prince remained speechless. He needed to hear a reason. He needed to hear her thoughts. It was the only way he'd snap out of his trance.

"I think that's why I was so... headstrong about turning the others," Sophia continued.

"The others?"

"Yeah. Myungsoo. Sunggyu. Sungyeol. Dongwoo and lastly Hoya."

"They're full... fledged vampires?"

A simple nod from Sophia had answered his question. And eased his hurting soul.

"Oh thank God!" He yelped as he pulled her in for another tight embrace against the soft grass. All of his worries had been put to rest upon knowing that there were others, not just Hoya, who had been transformed. It meant that it was still a fight for her love. He thought he had lost. He thought it was the end.

Sophia could hardly breathe before he loosened his grip and whispered, "What?"

"When the BEASTs told me that Hoya had been turned," Sungjong couldn't stop smiling, "you know I couldn't even comprehend that fact. I thought you had finally chosen. I've been so confused this whole time and knowing that there were four other Woos running around as full fledged vampires other than just Hoya, that just makes me feel a whole lot better. Damn. I feel good. But, why are you asking me to take your blood?"

"Because I don't want to lose you too," Sophia replied quietly. "I just... I know I'll lose it if I were to lose anyone else..."

"And this is all you can think of?"

"What else can I offer for your protection? Not like I am capable of fighting like you guys."

She pressed her injured hand against his soft face and smiled her same old sweet smile. Never was this girl going to regret her choice to transform any of them. Knowing that they were safe was all she wanted to know.

Sungjong lightly took a hold of her hand and gently kissed it with his lips. "You really want me to take your blood?"

And without a single pause. "Yes."

"Then, I shall, my Princess."

He closed his eyes and he bit into her hand with such kindness. The taste of her blood was even sweeter than he could have ever imagined. It filled his veins with such ease. His throat grasped onto every drop. He felt every part of him strengthening, tightening, changing into something better.

It was as if the roots of the plants that surrounded him began to merge with his body. The grass and the ground that he lay on seemed to blend with his every thought. Even the roses that surrounded him bowed to his transformation, literally. It was as if everything had come to life. Their thorns were under the control of this Prince. It seemed as though a strong wind had struck through the entire closed off greenhouse, for a flood of petals began to dance and shower the two. Sophia stared at the beautiful array of roses that were falling all over her. It was like a dream.

This was his power. This was the source of his strength. His garden, his special place, his sanctuary was unique. It made him different. And so, his ability was just as loving and as beautiful as himself.

As Sungjong's lips parted from her hand, the Prince opened his eyes. This was what he had wished for all along. He wanted to know that she really loved him in return. While his lips from the last few drops, he grinned, "That was really nice."

He pulled the Princess up with him as he straightened himself out. In another moment, he would have held her in another hug, but something had caught his attention. A smell actually did. And from the corner of his eyes, an orange and red monster invaded his sanctuary.

Simply, a burning fire had invaded their special place.

Sophia noticed it too just as soon as he turned his head. Was Dongwoo the one who had started it? "Oh my—"

"Soph," Sungjong growled. "No matter what happens, stay close to me, okay?"

"Sungjong, I don't think you'll be able to outrun a fire."

"I'm not planning to outrun it," he chuckled under his breath.

He lifted his hand with one flick, and the roots of one of the grand oak trees in his sanctuary lifted from the ground. But the fire unhealthily spread faster than Sungjong had anticipated. Someone had been running all around the garden lighting various plants on fire as he and Sophia had chatted. Sungjong knew that his plants would just simply add more fuel to the fire, literally, and so he aimed for the assailant. Other roots were pulled out of the ground by an unknown force, as if they had come to life, and began to surround the assassin lighting the fires. The assassin did not notice what was going on fast enough for the roots had taken a hold of his feet and began to dangle him over the fires he had started himself.

"Let go of me!" the surprised vampire yelled at the Prince.

"Let you go? Over the fire?" Sungjong laughed at the enemy. He had never been the type of person to be so cruel. But it was the time to be heartless. When it came to Sophia's safety, everyone capable of hurting her was an enemy. "Okay."

And so the roots had released their hold of the enemy. This forced him to fall closer and closer to the fire with such speed. He released a yelp, "Wai—", before the roots grabbed onto his feet once more. He was inches from the flame now, roasting away like a pig for dinner.

"You said let you go. I was just following your words."

"Put me down. On the ground. Please. I beg you."

"I beg you to leave my family alone. But I know you and your people won't. So I will get rid of each and every single one of you, until the people I love are safe. Starting with..."

Sungjong stared down the enemy with such anger, just the thought that someone believed they could take advantage of that moment and try to kill Sophia had made his blood boil. The roots began to burn under the fire, but Sungjong didn't pull them away. He wanted them to burn through. And they had. Sungjong pulled Sophia into his arms, covering her face from seeing what had happened next. The screams escaping the assassin were too much for Sophia to handle, but they soon decreased as he died in the flame. However, the youngest Woo brother's sanctuary had already fallen prey to the fiery monster. The heartless beast had engulfed every plant in Sophia's sight.

The fire had gotten close, extremely close. The two could feel it's burning sensation against their skin. Sungjong couldn't leave Sophia behind. And it's not like they could just run through about ten feet of fiery anger that surrounded them. But with each aching second that they waited about for something to happen, the flame approached them with no hesitation.

And then, the most amazing thing happened.

The sky began to rain upon the entire Kingdom. A fierce shower touched the bodies of the Princess and the Prince as the flames all over them were extinguished with ease. For some reason, a part of Sophia's soul had told her that it was a gift from the Song family. But nothing could be sure. It was a powerful flow of droplets escaping the dark gray clouds above, and it didn't look like it would end any time soon.

Sungjong released his hold on Sophia and snapped his fingers with ease. Roots escaped the dirt around them, and tightened around each other to form a roof over their heads. It prevented the rain from touching Sophia anymore. Sophia and Sungjong stared at the charred plants that were once such a beautiful area. There were only a few plants left, but about ninety nine percent of the plants had been destroyed.

Sophia smiled in amazement as she stared down the Prince. "You can take care of your plants much easier now."

"Yeah, but it may take me a while to raise all of those roses again," he chuckled.

"Then you have a new hobby. Think of it like you're starting fresh."

"That's true. Something has definitely changed in my life, to make me think that I have a clean slate to start off on."

A simple grin formed along the Princess' smooth face. "It's a beautiful ability. Something extremely captivating and totally—"

"Me."

"Precisely," Sophia ran her fingers through his wet hair. "I can't imagine anyone else with such a power."

Sungjong inched closer and closer to Sophia. He leaned in as he stared down her colorful chocolate brown eyes. This was the moment that he reached a level of maturity that he had never even been close to before. Compared to his brothers, he wasn't the manliest or even the strongest. But he was the most easiest to talk to. And that's what Sophia needed the most. And so, he got even closer to Sophia, wanting to kiss her.

Four inches. Three. Two. One.

"Sungjong!"

And someone would interrupt the moment. Naturally.

Sungjong turned his head, glaring down the final Woo brother to spend some time protecting Sophia during the war. The greasy grin of the flirtatious Woohyun was slapped on this special Prince's face as he ran down to his brother's used to be thriving garden. The rain had caused every inch of his outfit to clinch onto his every muscle. He certainly had a very fit body, something that Sophia had never seen before. She turned her head as he got closer, trying to keep her heart in a normal pace.

"What is it now, brother dear?" Sungjong irritatingly responded.

"I was making sure you were alright," Woohyun squeezed under their little root made canopy. "I saw the smoke and thought you were in trouble."

"Handled it myself," the youngest Woo brother grinned as he realized that he wasn't the last Woo brother to transform. "As you can see, actually."

"I know... But... how?"

"I bet Sophia can tell you that," Sungjong winked at Sophia, who still had her face turned away from the older Woo brother. The youngest Prince held her in a final hug, and kissed her ever so gently on her cheek, before bidding farewell. He didn't feel comfortable kissing her in front of Woohyun. After witnessing what had occurred so long ago when Myungsoo had done it, scarred the youngest Woo brother from showing any form of public affection with Woohyun around. "Be careful, alright? And thank you."

"I should be the one thanking you," she had one remaining tear for him. "You... you saved me."

"From a fire?"

"No. From mentally dying."

"And I'm thanking you, because you gave me this special opportunity and ability," he whispered as he parted ways with her. Sungjong slapped Woohyun on his arm before retreating the roots over their head, causing the hard shower to rain upon them once more. "Hey. Make sure to keep her safe, alright?! I won't forgive you if she ends up getting hurt!"

Without another word, Woohyun just stared down what he had just seen. It was impossible for plants to be alive like that, right? They were under Sungjong's control... that means... And so, the Prince ran off into the distance, with a trail of roots and thorns and flowers following after him like ducklings following a duck.

Woohyun then flashed to Sophia's eye range, grinning that same old feisty smirk of his. The rain had obviously done its job and soaked his entire being from head to toe. Sophia immediately felt her cheeks warm up as she looked at him for just a few moments. Her hair began to stick to Hoya's dirtied jacket. Good thing her journal and Sungwoo Moon's letters were in a safe pocket, where they could remain as dry as possible. Feeling the rain drops trickle down her face, she could no longer avoid the very first Woo brother she had actually connected with.

The one who had given her the shining clip upon her dark luscious locks that glimmered upon every angle in every possible way as it clang onto as much light as possible.  

"I'm here at your service, my lovely Princess Sophia."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovely friends and subscribers! Now is the chapter for the gloriously charming youngest Woo brother and INFINITE member, Sungjong! :D 

I like how I integrated his transformation actually. I never pictured him to be the type to actually participate in a hand to hand combact, without having been turned, so here it goes! I hope you liked it! And I also wanted to show that she was mentally just breaking down and ready to give up by then. Honestly, it's like every person she's even breathed the same air with has keeled over dead. Just saying. 

This is my New Year's gift to all of you out there! don't forget to spread the word of my fic please! Thanks to all those who have stuck around, and to all those who drop by wonderful comments. 

I know I haven't been replying to much lately, simply because I've just gotten so lazely! But I definitely look at them. I promise I do! :D <3 And they all mean so much to me. 

Okay, I will definitely get back to responding to them once the last and final Woo brother's chapter is done! Can you remember who it is and where we are headed next? (: If you do, a special hug for you Glen Coco! loljk. :3 

 

Once again, Happy New Year and tell me what you think, alright? I want to hear your opinions! <3 

~Tiffany