Father's will

love is blind

 

 

 

~Home~

Jessica’s pov

‘That’s the ending of the “Romeo and Juliet” story, sad isn’t it?’ I told the story that I just read at the library today.

‘Yup, I wish they can live happily ever after’ said Krystal.

She’s so naïve to believe the ‘ever after’ word is really exist. I don’t say that I don’t believe it. I had been believed it before, but time does make my eyes open wide enough to see the tough world in front of me.

 

‘Yup, I wish that too’. I said to make her feel better, let the time does his job in this circumstances.

‘I make a song for the story’ said Yongwha who is sneaking between us, making us really shock.

‘Oppa, can’t you greet us first? We really shock, you know?’ Krystal starts to nag. I don’t think she is more mature than me. But she just happen loves to nag-“kid’s nagging”. It’s because I’m really hard to get mad and don’t know how to nag. So, Krystal has the trait to make our family complete.

‘Really, oppa? Sing for us now, please’ I ask curiously and want to avoid Krystal to continue her nag even more.

‘Well, this song that I composed last year-the year that I learn about the story. So, I’ll give you a little from it.’ He said while picking his guitar besides the sofa. Oh yeah, he’s only a year ahead me, so, he’s learning that story during last year- now I get it.

 

 Well, my brother’s voice is really can melt my heart right away. He is just so talented, no doubt for me when he’s dreaming to become a composer and singer, he can do it. Look at him now, I can feel his passion through the song. I love singing too, but my father request is just hard to resist.

 

 

********************************one night****************************************

‘Jung Jessica, are you sleeping already?’ my dad opened my bedroom’s door slowly.

‘Not yet appa, come in’ I replied while close the story book. Actually, I on my way to sleep just now, then, I leaned my back on the bed frame.

‘Congrats, my daughter about today, I already acknowledge your sweet voice, my dear. So, I just don’t have the doubt about your winning.’ He held my hands while smiling. To count all, this is the 3rd time he’s congratulate me after I got the first prize in singing competition and this time, Yongwha helped out with the background music.

 

‘Thanks appa, but why are you not sleeping yet? It’s already 12 midnight. Do you have extra patients today?’ I asked him concern, worried if he gonna stay out at the clinic again tonight.

‘Aniyo, I just want to talk with you, can I? ‘

‘Of course you can, appa. You shouldn’t ask me that. You are always allowed to talk with your pretty daughter’ I said while laughing at my own mischievous reply.

‘Keke, thanks,sica. Erm, I just wanna talk about…….. your dream, can’t you reconsider it once again sica? It’s not that I’m forbid you from being a singer but you are my only hope to inherit the clinic here, and actually my thought might be wrong. This village needs a new doctor that can treat them like I do, not every doctor wants to give free treatments to the poor nitizens, right?’

He stopped for a while, maybe thinking for a proper explanation. I can see how hard he tried to console me. And I’m feeling guilty to make him felt that way.

 

‘But after I see how these villagers need a generous doctor, all I can think is only you, Sica. But I don’t ask for your sacrifice, my daughter. I just want you to catch your dream first, and I hope you have the thought of being a doctor, one day’, Dr.Jung Hyunbin seem try hardly to explain it to me-his reliable daughter.

 

I just remain silence as I start to digest all my father’s hopes. Yes, I do have the dream to be a doctor before, but I just feel that singing suits me better nowadays. Now, my most beloved person came asking for a wish which he never done before, not even once.  I can’t disappoint him.

 

‘Don’t worry sica, I will give you some times. Don’t push yourself so much’. My father said breaking the silence

‘nehh, appa. I will give a thought about that’. I don’t want to disappoint him.

Since then, I start to develop the passion in medicine- and it’s not that hard since I love to help people. This village is the place that I start to have a wonderful memories and my family’s is my priority. My father’s wish is my responsible to accomplish it- no big deal for me. My sister and brother never know about these. They think it’s my real dream to be a doctor- yes, it is now, since I started to love it.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

‘What do you think Sooyeon?’ Yongwha utter me with the question since I didn’t give him any response to his singing.

‘Daebakk! You’re jjang oppa ah, do you really my real brother?  You’re so talented’. I said mischievously after loss in my own world.

‘Well, my new classmate is really talented too. I think I can collaborate with him someday despite, he’s does not really like school that much.’ He’s so humble, try to move to another topic everytime I praise him

‘I think you should do it on your own oppa, he’s probably using you for money’, Krystal said while brushing her thumb with her middle finger, to show how money is really important to make the world spin around.

 

We are just laughing at her childish thought.  Then, I send Krystal to her bed and sing some lullaby till she’s drowning into sweet dreams.