chapter 15

love is blind

 

 

 

Nobody pov

 

“It seemed like nobody welcoming me back here.” He replied with the fake laugh that made her heart ache.

 

“Seem like everybody had forgot me already. Including you” he pointed her who still in confusion.

 

“You didn’t answer me yet” her voice firmed. Instead of comforting him, she demanded the answers that she waited all the time.

 

He turned his back to face her, the person who would understand him when everybody else didn’t. And at this time, he wished that she would understand him without he had to spill anything about past.

 

“Hey, let have some chocolate ice cream. Our favorite stall is still there, I see.” He moved towards the front door passing her.

 

“I’m slightly had a cold, maybe it isn’t the best time now”

 

“Oh! I’m sorry, I forgot that you’re not so fine. How about hot choco? I’ll make you some”. He darted towards the kitchen.

 

She stopped him. “No, I’ll make us some. The long awaited guest shouldn’t do these.” She said while elapsing to kitchen.

 

He smiled. The old Jessica didn’t change yet. He knew how much she would felt to dig out the truth, but slipped the case over instead. She never forced anybody to make their unwilling action. She would rather wait than straining others. That made her hurt most of the time. Patient. Eat herself eventually.

 

 

 He strolled the living room, scanning how much it became different after all these years that he missed to see. Place that could be called his second home before. He stopped at the frames corner. But the memories were stayed there. His picture was stilled in the beautiful frame along others. Other people would be mistaken that he was a part of this family if they see this. He relieved that they didn’t removed it yet, they might be waiting for him, at least he hoped.

  

A choco mug was shoved to his hand. He put back the frame at its spot and received the drink.

 

“Thanks”.

 

Jessica nodded her head weakly. She could not get over the questions running through her head now. So much things to ask, so much things that should be to explain and so much thought that might kill herself again after those critical years.

 

But, she let it go. She already moved on, she didn’t need those explainations anymore. A new friend had arrived, why shouldn’t she welcomed him.

 

“How are you? Why you didn’t come to school today?” he asked her the questions that he forgot to ask before.

 

“I didn’t feel like to go to school today” she lied.

 

“That’s not so you, sooyeon” her heart ached again. He still remembered how she was before. What would he know how she would be after all those years. He didn’t know. A people change, but she didn’t want to hurt other people just because she hurt, especially him.

 

“It’s sica, Jessica.” She didn’t like to hear those soothing call anymore. It should be a new start.

 

“But I used to call you that. We are closed, remember?”

“Even Hyoyeon call me sica. She like my other half, remember?” she tried to speak smoothly as she could. There’s no hatred, but only for a new start for everybody’s sake.

 

“I didn’t feel well actually. So, I decide to take a rest for a while. And, how come you know about me?” she tried to change the topic.

 

“I moved to your class today. I saw Hyoyeon but not you. She said that you’re not well.”  He answered.

 

“Welcome” I greeted.

 

He turned to look at me questionly. “Why?”

 

“Welcome back, my friend. It’d been a while”

 

Both of them smiled.