the reasons

love is blind

 

 

***

 

He waited her at the lake park, one of their favorite place when skipped school. Jessica would totally hate when he asked her to accompany him but when she did, she asked to come here all the time besides Gwangju river. Both of the places had the similar thing and suited her very much. Water. They made you calm when they’re calm. The made you chill when they’re froze. But the old man said, you are wrong when you start to think there’s no waves under the calm water. Just like her.   

 

“What a long thought you have there.” the sudden voice brake his thought.

 

She sat beside him on the woody bench facing the lake. She also immersed in her thought while staring to the lake.

 

“I’m thinking of you”. He replied. 

 

“Liar” she replied still staring at the calm water.

 

“We both never like to lie, remember?” he said.

 

“I’m never agreed to be your girlfriend.” Jessica retorted.

 

“But you were thinking of me all the time” he replied.

 

“It didn’t mean that I want to be your girl, sunbae” she made a face.

 

“Let’s be honest now, no more hiding, no more lies. Give me just 3 reasons and if I can’t oppose it then we are done. But I’m telling you there’s no way that we won’t be together.” He said confidently.

 

“Why are you so confident?” she asked him.

 

“My heart said so” he put his hand at his chest.

 

She chuckled at his action, but she liked how a man could be this confident about love. He would be serious to have this relationship, not the playful Jiyong that she always saw before. But she scared about everything ahead. She tried her best to reason out.

 

 

“The first reason, you’re my brother’s bestfriend” she reasoned.

 

“And that would be an advantage to tackle your family’s bless. Yonghwa likes me by the way, more than a brother-in-law”. He disproven.

 

“Second, there’s no happily ever after for real”

 

“You’re serious? Did you think to be alone forever, just because life is difficult?” he asked disbelieved.

 

“Probably. If that’s the best choice to live on.” she agreed.

Jiyong’s mouth agaped, hardly believed the girl besides him. He didn’t know which era did she came from; totally not the past who will commit suicide to be with the passed away spouse, and also not the typical millennium girl which has so many boys.

 

“You know, people make the love look hard. I might be dead tomorrow, or you might have been hospitalized next minutes. But why we still going outside when there’re so much harmful incident that may happen? because there’re much more happiness that we can gain than harm. That’s same as love”. He responed.

 

She beamed at his speech. She was slightly touched by his firmness and logical. She never takes love matter seriously before. Love is the game of hearts for those who are lonely. That’s not her at least she thought. Why she would ever be involve in the liar game to keep one by our side, since she has a family? She shouldn’t be greedy to gain more love or else she will be lose in the love tricks. She wants to survive till the end without any wound.

 

“Last but not least, I’m not in love with you” she let out her last reason.

 

“You broke the rules. There’re no lied allowed here. You are so happy with me although I always annoyed you. You would be down when we were apart”. He objected.

 

“No, I’m not.” she denied.

 

“Yes, you are”

 

“No, I’m not I said” Jessica’s voice was stern.

 

“Yes, you are. I’d been spying you all the time, and I knew that we shouldn’t avoid it any longer.” He brake his secret.

 

She couldn’t believe that her master would be spying her. She was so embarrassed. But, she knew that she can’t elude this forever. She must be honest to herself.

 

“I never been in relationship before,” she let out her actual worries.

 

 He smiled hearing her reason. He knew that she more worried to be in relationship than not. She just created very unreasonable reason as she afraid it would go wrong. Her unexperience made him more adored her as a pretty girl never had a boy before, she’s a modest girl.

 

“It’s enough with me to lead us,” he intertwined their hand together.

 

“Just believed me,” he continued.

 

“Can I?” she asked

 

“Yes you should, you already gave me your heart anyway,” he took their intertwined hands at his heart.

She smiled, hoping that her best decision in her life, because she already broke her games principles; single player with no companion will be more secure.

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 


your comments are definitely boost my energy to update more often.

kindly drop them down, readers ^^