death bell

love is blind

 

 

 

*ding dong…..ding dong…….. ding dong……*

 

 

Another long bell rang at the front. This time, it must be the actual soojung that forgot again to bring the key. She stood up to welcome her sister. But Donghae gripped her wrist.

 

“I will open it for you” he stood up but remained seated after Jessica stopped him.

 

“No, I will. They would be shocked to see you, at least not as soon as they open the door.”

 

There were so many objections she already did in merely 15 minutes of their meeting. She wished that they could be the same little kid like before, but it was hard and she was trying to, to be the same Sooyeon. She dragged her feet to the door with so much thought to explain the details to the mouthy soojungie. She didn’t know if soojung would still remember her best friend which she doubted.

 

“Nice being home, Soojungie~~” she welcomed her with a big smile. But she froze there looked at the most unwanted person at that time.

 

“Nice being home and skipped the school, Sooyeonie~~”  Jiyong gave her a bigger smile than hers.

 

She stayed froze and worried. Why would there would these two man who made her life miserable present at the same time. Her holiday were supposed to solve all her problems turned to be the day that she would never want to remember again even in the next life. She tighten her grip on the door knob, should she closed the door and continued to chat with Donghae, or invited Jiyong inside and postponed her chat with Donghae later? She still thought both consequences that may arose until

 

He felt her forehead with his warm hand. Disturb her judgments.

 

“My hand is warmer than you. My foresee was right. I had told that you’re not sick and tried to skip school but your brother endlessly denied”. Jiyong purposely tried to mock his longing maid.

 

“My mind not so good, so it is considered to be not so well in the medicine. Yonghwa’s right”.

 

“Why? Are your mind filled with me that it couldn’t function well?” he asked slyly.

“Ye.. No!” she blurted out but managed to fix it, but failed actually since Jiyong’s smiled was extended to ears.

 

 

They knew that they already drown for each other, but hardly refused to admit especially Jessica since she never had fall in love except crush for her own best friend. She never knew what these weird feeling mean. She was the logical person after all. No wonderland could ornament her mind with fairytale. No wonder she didn’t see the sparkles that she felt as a sign. A love signal.

 

“I told you, that you will drown in my charm. Let’s date each other then. This Saturday, lake park okay”

 

He made the first move. Jessica muted tried to find the excuses.

 

“Who is it?” the voice behind Jessica’s back made them oscillated to Donghae. The moment that she didn’t want to face.

 

A sigh escaped Jessica’s mouth. More burdened could be felt on her shoulder. No suitable explanations to be explain.

 

Jiyong looked surprised but he stayed calm.

“I’m her boyfriend, Kwon Jiyong” he cut Jessica from speaking.

 

Donghae was a bit taken back. He tried to search for the answer from Jessica. He stared at those hazel eyes. But no denial came out and no objection outlook shown.

 

 Even Jiyong was a bit surprise. Silent mean yes, and she didn’t protest like usual if there’s something that she disagreed. His heart was filled with the flowers and butterflies. She admitted at last about their feelings. No more runaway after this.

 

“That’s great. I never know that Sooyeon, ops, Jessica could fall in love actually,” said Donghae while staring at her.

“I’m Donghae, her long lost ‘bestfriend’ “while offering a hand shake. The bestfriend term wasn’t seam concordant with them right now. And Jiyong still tried to interpret what’s going on between them, Jessica had such a few people who called her Korean name.

 

Jiyong received him. He never knew about him. But instead he replied, “I’d heard a lot about you”

 

Jessica still muted, but started to make a move. “I think I would like to take rest for now, guys, would you mind?”

 

“Have a good rest” Donghae pulled himself out the house.

“For sure, honey. See you this Saturday.” Jiyong said while waving.

 

Jessica closed the door behind her and stumbled down on her feet. She was troubled right now. Completely troubled. She couldn’t think straight right now. The Donghae’s comeback and Jiyong’s confession, made her school day’s out ruined. Her dizzy became worse. Now, she had the true reason of physically being sick.