The Date [LJ] [SN]

As long as you love me

*Lizzy’s POV*

We finally arrived to the restaurant where Joon was going to treat me. When we entered the restaurant, I dropped my mouth. It was really elegant and it looked like it was for rich people. We sat at a table and I looked around me. It had a direct line of sight to the seaside and the decoration was luxurious. I felt a bit uncomfortable in a place surrounded of important people, to be honest. The restaurant served French food and everything was so expensive that I felt bad for ordering any food. Even the cutlery, spoons and forks looked fancy. Does he have a lot of money? Thinking of it, Joon was probably a really good catch. Not only was he handsome, cute and nice but he also seemed to have a lot of money.

‘What will you order?’ Joon interrupted my thoughts and I blushed when I realised I hadn’t been paying attention to what he was saying. ‘Is anything wrong?’ he asked when he noticed I wasn’t feeling comfortable.

‘No, no... Don’t worry. I’ll have the same as you', I hesitatingly said.

‘You don’t have to feel uncomfortable because I can afford it, so just order whatever you feel like eating. I don’t usually tell people because I don’t want to make fake friends but since I already know you’re not like that, I don’t mind telling you.’

We ordered our food and as we chatted about life and things we loved, like our favourite films, TV series, songs, etcetera, I relaxed. The more we talked, the more I found him cute and funny. Although I never really liked rich people, he was the exception. That reminded me...

‘By the way, I felt someone following us before... Do you think it was some fan of yours?’ I asked him, a bit scared of being hated by his fans.

‘Oh, about that... you don’t have to worry. It was only my bodyguard. His name is Seungho and I reckon he’s in your class.’

‘I think I know him, although we haven’t spoken. You mean the blond guy, right?’

‘Yes.’

‘Why is he working for you? I mean, I thought he was only a student. Does he need money?’

‘It’s not about money. It’s a long and delicate story anyway. I wouldn’t want to bore you.’

‘It’s fine. I want to hear more about it. I have all the time in the world.’

‘Alright then. I kind of saved him when he was in trouble. I gave him a house when he didn’t have a place to sleep. It sounds like I’m only trying to look like a hero here... that’s why I didn’t want to tell you at first.’

‘Nah, you don’t. Plus you kind of did save him, right?’

‘You see, he lost his parents when he was young and his uncle and aunt took care of him. However, they put him under too much pressure and he couldn’t take it anymore, so he ran away from his house. He had been my friend for a long time so I wanted to help him in any way I could. To sum it up, after I saved him, we became even closer and he said he wanted to become stronger to protect me, to return the favour.’

‘I see... I would have never imagined he had had such a tough childhood. I mean, he seems cheerful all the time.’

‘He’s a strong guy’, Joon said and the look in his eyes showed he admired the other boy.

‘I bet he is. Is he still around? He must be hungry too.’ I didn’t say that because I didn’t want to be alone with Joon, which I actually enjoyed, but because I felt bad for the poor boy.

‘I told him to go home and get back to pick us up later.’

‘I see... Changing the topic, I heard you are very popular in uni. Is it because you’re rich?’

‘Not because of that but because I’m quite handsome, don’t you think?’ He said winking an eye at me, making me redden. Before I could reply, he giggled. ‘I was only joking. Actually, I’m sick of this. Being popular and rich, I mean.’

‘I feel you. Because you don’t have freedom and everyone has an eye on you all the time.’

‘Exactly! But, how did you know? Are you rich too by any chance?’

‘I-I was only guessing.’ Damn it! I almost got caught.

*Nana’s POV*

As I needed fresh air to clear my mind, I went outside. Before I noticed, it had already gotten dark. I was on my way home when a car stopped right in front of me. They lowered the window of the car and I could recognise him as Seungho.

‘Hey, Nana, where are you going? Isn’t it a bit late? Do you want me to drive you home?’ Seungho offered to drive me.

‘I don’t want to bother you.’

‘It’s no bother at all', he said with an eye-smile. ‘I have to pick Joon up though so it’ll take a little longer to arrive, but at least you won’t have to walk all the way there this late.’

‘Joon?’ Wasn’t he with Lizzy? I had stopped following them before and here they were again.

‘I’m taking him home too. You don’t mind, right?’

‘Of course not. Thanks.’ I said while getting in the car.

When we arrived we saw Joon and Lizzy being intimate. Why do I have to see them kiss and hold hands? They had apparently been taking a walk around the park in front of us. We had to wait for them to finish flirting before finally heading home.

‘They make a good couple, don’t you think?’ Seungho stated.

‘Sure', I said in a not so happy tone.

*Lizzy’s POV*

After getting out of the restaurant, we had been taking a walk when Joon suddenly stopped.

‘Can we talk?’

‘Of course. What is it?’

‘I know I probably sound crazy because we barely know each other but I feel there’s a connection between us. What I mean to say is I really like you and I want us to get closer. No, what I want to say is willyougooutwithme?' He spoke so fast that I couldn’t even process what he had just said. 'I know it’s too sudden so you don’t have to reply right now but please think of it.’ He looked at me to see my reaction and since I didn’t utter a word, he spoke again. ‘Forget it, I’m sorry. I know I’m too straightforward. I must have scared you.’

‘It’s not that. I was just surprised. I’d be very pleased to go out with you.’

‘For real?’

‘Yes.’ He had a smile from ear to ear now. In a swift motion, he kissed my cheek and held my hand, leading me to the car where Seungho was waiting for us. When I got in the car, I was shocked to see Nana there. What the hell is she doing here? No matter how much I tried to avoid her, she would always find me. Our ride got rather silent. Joon, being a surprisingly shy guy, felt awkward after asking me out and didn’t know what to say. Actually, it wasn’t silent for everyone. Nana and Seungho wouldn’t stop talking, making jokes and laughing at stupid things. Why is it that I don’t want them to be together? Lizzy, you’ve got a boyfriend now so stop thinking about stupid things. When we reached home, Nana got out of the car and they said their goodbyes while smiling all the while. I waved my hand at Seungho but I pecked Joon instead before going out of the car.

‘See you tomorrow', I said before I entered the building.

 


 

Did you expect gay moments? Too bad, this chapter is straight as

I know it’s a boring chapter :’( I’m sorry guys, I’ll try to make it more interesting next time