Neighbours

As long as you love me

*Nana's POV*

'Nana!' My mum called me.

'What?' I replied. ‘What does she want now?’

'Have you finished getting ready yet?'

'Getting ready for what?' I was really confused, we never went out together or anything like that.

'Don't you know we have new neighbours?'

Oh right, I forgot to tell you! My mum was the president of the Neighbourhood Association so we had to introduce ourselves to the new neighbours when they moved in. It was usually a pain in the and way too boring, but this time I had the feeling that it was going to be different. Not really a feeling since I was already sure. I was going to see her again.

'Ah, yeah! I'll be done in a minute!' I shouted as I ran towards my bedroom to get ready.

'You seem excited this time. I guess you already know they're Korean. I hope they have a son.'

Oh no!' I knew what my mum meant. She wished I had a boyfriend, so she was going to try and find me one. Well, kind of. She only wanted me to find someone because all my friends already had someone in their lives. Girls my age would be interested in guys, but I had never showed any interest in them. She didn’t understand that I didn’t want to be in a relationship. It was kind of annoying.

'Mum, I'm not going to go out with anyone', I complained.

'You're so in love with Koreans, aren't you? It's my last chance', she said.

Okay, I admit it. I'd probably fall for a Korean boy easily, but I was not going to say that in front of my mum. That would be so embarrassing!

'Sure', I simply said, not wanting to continue with that line of conversation.

'You're so weird!'

'Fine. I've been told that loads of times, mum. You don't need to say it.’

'All your friends have a partner! You're old enough to have a boyfriend.'

I knew she was right. I was weird, but so was she. Everybody would want to date someone and their mums would be the ones who wouldn't want their daughters to be 'taken away'.

'Mum, my friends are my friends. I'm NOT them!' She was starting to annoy me.

'Aish! Just do whatever you want!' She shouted.

'Mum, you don't need to shout, I'm at the other side of the door, you know?' I opened my bedroom's door and before I went out, I put on perfume. I wanted to make a good impression. It's not what you're thinking. That girl had nothing to do with it. I think. I mean, I had to do it for my mum's sake.

We rang the bell of the house next to ours, I felt so nervous at that moment. ‘How will her parents be? I hope they're nice. What am I saying? Why do I care?’ The door opened and I saw a really beautiful woman. I understood how Lizzy could be so cute at that moment.

'Good afternoon!' She greeted us.

'Good afternoon!' My mum and I said.

'You must be the president, right? And this is your daughter? Come in, please!' Lizzy's mum said and we entered the house. I saw Lizzy in the living room.

'Nice to see you again!' She said while smiling. She had been kind to me, although I didn't talk too much to her.

'So you know each other?' Lizzy's mum asked.

'Yes. We're in the same class.' Lizzy told her mother and then looked at me. ‘Please stop looking at me like that.’ I didn't know why I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was addicting, somehow.

'Really? That's great!' My mum said. Yeah, that was great indeed. 'Are you an only child?' Oh no! Mum, stop it! She was expecting Lizzy to have a brother I could date.

'Yes, I am.'

Thank God! That was the easiest way to get rid of my mother's intentions. It was her last hope, after all. Our mums kept talking about God-knows-what as Lizzy showed me her bedroom. It was so beautiful and wait... was that a Big Bang poster?!

'I didn't know you liked Big Bang.' I said and she looked at me surprised.

'Do you like k-pop?' She asked me.

'I really love it', I said and smiled at her. I smiled at her? Nana, stop doing weird things. Wait. Think straight, smiling to someone is something completely normal! And you've done it before.

'Are you learning Korean, by any chance?'

'Trying to.' You may be thinking I don't know how to speak at all... Well, you're probably right. ‘I'm not that good at it. My parents never taught me when I was a kid.’

'If there's something you want to know, you can ask me whenever you want.'

'Thank you!' She's so different from how I had imagined a girl like her would be like. She's even better.

'You're welcome.' I must say she's a cheerful girl. 'I'm going to take a shower. Make yourself at home.'

'Sure.' I kept looking around. She had loads of manga books too and I was sure she had some anime figures but she had them still packed, since they had moved in only a pair of days ago.

'Nana, we'll come in a minute. I forgot something important at home', my mum said.

'Okay!' Am I staying here all alone with her? Her dad wasn't at home, he was abroad because of work. Does it make any sense? Why would they have moved here if her dad had to work abroad? I was curious about it, but I didn't ask anything regardless.

I was starting to feel uneasy because it was taking longer than expected to our mothers.

'Omma!' I heard. Was it Lizzy's voice? 'Omma!' I heard her again and I got closer to the bathroom's door.

'She's not home, Lizzy!'

'!' Has she just cussed? I chuckled. She said it so cutely. 'Nana, can you bring me the clothes that are on my mum's bed? It's the room next to mine. I forgot to take them.'

'Sure.' I was so nervous at that moment. It was becoming more and more awkward by the second. I entered the room and I saw her clothes there. When I was going to grab them I noticed she had also forgotten her underwear. My heart was beating so fast... What was wrong with me? It wasn’t my first time seeing someone else's underwear, but I felt my face heating up. It was quite y.

'Nana, have you found it?' Lizzy asked.

'Yeah.' It felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest when I heard her voice.

I grabbed her clothes quickly and made my way to the bathroom. I opened the door and I got so shocked. I couldn't believe what I had just seen.

 


Hi again! ^^
Some of you wanted to read some NaLiz moments, right? So I completely forgot about Joon and wrote this :D
P.S.: by 'some of you' I mean 'me'.

So why is Nana so shocked? Is Lizzy a man? D:
Let's find out in the next update xD

Thank you very much to all the readers <33