Double Date? [CM] [MS]

As long as you love me

*Chorong’s POV*

Christmas holidays were around the corner and teachers were far from reducing the amount of homework over the holidays, so I could use a break before the usual overload at this time of the year. It was my first year at university and I was already tired of it. Apparently, teachers thought theirs were the only subject we had to study. You’d think studying a degree you love wouldn’t be as exhausting as the previous years had been, but oh, how wrong I was! My enthusiasm had died away in less than four months. The fact that most teachers weren’t passionate about their subjects did not help at all; they wouldn’t even answer questions and would complain about being interrupted during their lecture when someone raised their hand to ask. You could tell they didn’t care about students. At least they weren’t all the same.

Anyway, enough with the rant. I was getting ready to go out with Solar, a girl in my class, and her friend, Moonbyul. Although we had barely spoken a few times before, I had always thought she was really nice and smart, so I wanted to get closer to her. She had told me to bring a friend along as well, so I had invited Bomi to come with us. She was now in the shower –my shower– since she hated wasting time and wouldn’t go back to her place just to get dressed. She had said she would get lost on the way if we met Solar and Moonbyul there, so we agreed on going together; she had arrived to my place after her classes finished, since my house was closer than hers was.

The sound of the shower stopped and I guessed Bomi got out and was drying herself off, so it wouldn’t take her too long to finish. When I heard the bathroom door open sooner than I had expected, I turned around and looked at it only to find an undressed Bomi. I covered my eyes right away.

‘Put some clothes on, you idiot!’

‘I didn’t bring my clothes though.’ She seemed unbothered by the fact she was . She didn’t move, so I turned around to finally uncover my eyes.

‘TOWELS, YOON BOMI! Don’t you know what they are?’

‘It’s okay, it’s just you.’

‘Has it not occurred to you that maybe I DON’T wanna see you?’

‘Come on, unnie, it’s not a big deal. We’re both girls, we’re the same.’

The same? Maybe she was blind because I definitely did not have her perky s… or her perfectly toned abs… nor did I have her slender legs. Don’t get me wrong, it hadn’t been my intention to check her out, it wasn’t my fault she had decided to come out of the shower wearing nothing. Besides, it wasn’t like I had had a lot of time to admire her perfect figure. Not that I wanted to.

‘Can I borrow your clothes? Going out could get me in trouble.’

‘Seriously, Bbom? That’s your issue?’ It sounded like Bomi was confident in her body… or maybe she had no shame at all. ‘You’re welcome to grab whatever you want from my closet.'

‘Thanks, unnie.’ Bomi thanked me as she walked closer and kissed my cheek. I couldn’t help but blush; it had been so unexpected that it took me a while to react.

‘YOON BOMI, YOU’RE DEAD!’ I scolded her, although I had actually appreciated her gesture.

*

We finally headed up to the Korean restaurant where we had decided to meet with Solar and Moonbyul. It seemed we had gotten there first, so we sat at a table while waiting for them. It didn’t take them too long; I spotted them in the distance, they were holding hands, fingers interlocked. As they walked closer, Solar pushed her away, yet the other girl didn’t seem to mind and kept smiling. Were they perhaps dating in secret? If they were, they weren’t too good at hiding it.

I raised my hand and waved it cheerfully. We said hi to each other and they took a sit; Solar was facing me, while Moonbyul sat beside her, in front of Bomi. They apologised for being late, although they had arrived shortly after. Apparently, it had been Moonbyul’s fault, who seemed to be homeless and would only go to the older girl’s place instead of her own, making her waste  her time. I guessed Solar and I had that in common.

We ordered our food –Moonbyul had complained about how Solar always ordered tteokboki whenever she went out to meet her friends, but it didn't make her change her mind– and shared all the dishes. When the food arrived, it went quiet rather quickly, but it was a comfortable silence, we were enjoying the food. Moonbyul would make fun of Solar from time to time though, and I knew she loved to annoy her, not in a rude way but a teasing one. She was a lot like Bomi in that sense and I couldn't figure out how Solar was so patient with her. Then again, no matter how hard she tried to pretend that the blue-haired girl was bothering her, her smile said otherwise. To be honest, it was kind of hard to tell whether they were flirting or fighting.

By the time we finished eating, our stomachs were full, but not full enough to say no to a dessert. While I went for something light, the three of them wanted to eat ice-cream. Who ate them in winter anyway? I knew there was a reason why they sold them despite the weather, but still.

‘Mmm. This ice-cream is delicious’, said Solar. ‘You should try it next time, Chorong.’

‘I'll make sure my stomach isn't about to explode next time then’, I joked and we laughed.

‘Is it really that good?’ Moonbyul asked Solar, but before she could even reply, she had already stolen a spoonful of her ice-cream with Solar's spoon.

YAH, Moon Byulyi!’ Solar protested.

‘It is really good! I'm not a fan of mango, but it tastes amazing’, Moonbyul said as she had not heard her. ‘Don't look at me like that, Yong, your ice-cream is melting, I was only trying to help.’ To be fair, it actually was melting, and it was already trickling down her hand. Solar the mango ice-cream from her fingers, but missed a spot and Moonbyul didn't hesitate to grab her hand and bring it closer to her lips.

I felt like I was intruding or something. They had just shared an indirect kiss for the second time that day. I was starting to think that the whole thing about the ice-cream had just been an excuse to flirt with each other. I looked at Bomi and she looked back at me; I hoped she wouldn't get any weird ideas after seeing them. Just because they were okay with behaving like a married couple, it didn't mean that was okay for us; we were normal friends. I didn't want Bomi to kiss me, I mean, indirect kiss me. No, that was too weird, no matter how soft and nice her lips looked.

‘Wanna try mine?’ Moonbyul asked, offering Solar her lemmon ice-cream. They did it again, Moonbyul fed her with her own spoon and they smiled happily. I was starting to feel like the third wheel.

‘Want some of mine, Chorong?’ Bomi asked. What was this, a double date? I must have been the only one who didn't know about it.

‘NO!’ I didn't know why I had yelled, I panicked. Everyone looked at me. It would have been a normal question between friends, had it not been for the fact that they had been obviously dating for a while now and Bomi had not even realised she was doing the same as those two. Maybe I wouldn't be so against it if Bomi had feelings for me. No, wait, that's weird. I didn't want to be Bomi's girlfriend, she was an idiot, so why would I even think about that? I blamed Moonbyul and Solar.

‘Your loss, then.’

*

After we finished eating, we went out for a walk and visited some shops. While Bomi and I tried on new clothes, the other two were fooling around, basically fighting in front of everyone; it reminded me of us, Bomi and I, we would usually be like that. I hoped we wouldn't end up being as cheesy as they were though.

We next went to a toyshop –it had been Moonbyul's idea and Bomi had gotten all excited about it too. They were like kids, but in a good way; it was cute. I couldn't deny the fact that I had a lot of fun there, it made me feel like I was a kid again and I would be lying if I said I wasn't as happy about it as they had been moments before.

I looked at Bomi, she was smiling happily. I stared at her and realised how pretty she looked when she smiled. To be fair, I had always thought she was, but she looked prettier than ever for some reason. She turned her head to me and our eyes met, making me blush. I looked away immediately, avoiding her eyes. I then saw Moonbyul and Solar, who were behind us, in the Star Wars section. Moonbyul had a red lightsaber –Kylo Ren's– in her hand and hit Solar with it, earning a whine of protest from the older girl. Solar then grabbed a blue lightsaber –Rey's– and tried to hit her as well, but Moonbyul managed to dodge. They started to fight like it was some epic battle. I shook my head, they were literally worse than kids. Good job I liked losers.

*

We said goodbye to each other, but not before agreeing on meeting again soon. Next time we would go to an escape room. I joked about Bomi beeing too much of an idiot to be of any help and we all laughed.

 


Thank you very much for reading, guys ^^

I got this idea from the Youtube video on Solar's channel of these four.
I hope they can meet again soon and have fun :')

Sorry not sorry about the Star Wars bit, I'm too much of a loser to not include that.