Gender [JH]

As long as you love me

*Seungho’s POV*

After driving Nana and Lizzy home, I was now alone in the car with Joon. He had been talking the entire ride about how great his date with Lizzy had been and how glad he was when the girl had agreed to date him. I was usually a good listener but I couldn't really pay much attention to what he was saying. If Joon was happy about how his day had been, my happiness was much greater compared to his, even though what had happened wasn't a big deal. I had only talked to her, yet I could only think about the blonde-haired girl. I wasn’t sure if it was my foolish smile every time I thought about her, or maybe the fact that I hadn't answered Joon’s question that gave me away, but he stared at me in silence with a questioning look.

‘I noticed', Joon stated.

‘What are you talking about?’ I tried to play innocent.

‘Don't act like you don't know. I'm talking about the ice-princess. I saw how you looked at her and noticed the way you smiled at everything she said.’

‘Was I that obvious?’

‘Dude, you seemed like a couple! So tell me.’

‘Tell you what?’

‘Come on! Have you made a move on her yet?’

‘We've exchanged numbers.’

‘And?’ He looked at me with expectant eyes. Why does he sound so excited anyway?

‘And... we waited for you, guys.’

‘That’s it? Man, you’ve had a crush on her for ages!’ Joon looked at me in disbelief.

‘I couldn’t exactly just go for it and kiss her, you know? She would have slapped me . Probably hate me too.’

‘I’ve got an idea!’ I have a bad feeling about this. I was glad he was trying to help but I didn’t want him to just try to push Nana into a relationship with me. ‘I’ll invite some friends over for a party so you just have to ask her for a date.’

‘What if she says no?’

‘What if, what if… MAN UP! You won’t know unless you ask her.’

‘I guess you’re right...’ I said with a sigh. ‘So what are we celebrating?’

‘I’ll think about that later.’ He laughed.

When we arrived home, I parked the car in the garage and I got out of the car first. ‘Sir’, I said as I opened the door for Joon. I used to do that not only because of my job but because it was my way of teasing him. He hated when I talked or acted in a polite way to him. He really didn’t care about hierarchy and, since we were so close, there was no need to use the formal speech between us unless his family was there. However, that didn’t mean I had no manners. Whenever Joon asked me to do anything, I wouldn’t refuse it. Instead, I would just bow and immediately get myself to do everything I could for him. But nope, don’t misunderstand, I wasn't whipped. I was only really grateful for what he had done for me; I would have done the same for everyone who had treated me like he did. Is that clear?

When we entered the house, nobody was there. Joon’s parents were frequently abroad because of business so we were used to being alone. I cooked dinner for both of us and we ate together. After that, I went to my room and put on my pajamas before getting in bed. I closed my eyes in an attempt to find slumber but no sleep would come. Just when I was about to fall asleep, I heard the door open. I blinked my eyes and saw a human shape I assumed was Joon’s, since no one else was home.

‘What are you doing here?’ I asked sleepily.

‘Can I sleep with you tonight?’

‘Why? What’s wrong?’ I asked concerned.

‘I don’t think I can sleep in my room all by myself', he said with pleading eyes. It wasn’t the first time we had slept together. I knew Joon felt so lonely whenever his parents weren’t home and I would always make him company.

‘Nope, you can’t. I don’t even wanna breathe the same air as you', I teased and he smiled. I was glad his mood seemed to have lightened. ‘Come here!’ I said as I pulled back the sheets for him to get in and he slipped in, snuggling closer to my chest. ‘You’re being extra clingy today.’

‘Maybe because I’m really happy.’

‘Please, don’t start talking about your beloved girlfriend again. I’ve had enough today.’

‘But I haven’t told you about

‘ENOUGH!’ I cut him off before he said any more, although I knew he was only joking by his mischievous smile. ‘Changing the topic, who are you inviting for your party?’

‘I’ll call Thunder, Mir and G.O and we could invite people in our classes and I don’t know… maybe Moonbyul too.’

‘Didn’t she have a girlfriend?’ I asked out of curiosity but an awkward and long silence filled the room suddenly.

‘Why are you saying it like it’s wrong?’

‘I wasn’t’ I tried to explain but got interrupted.

‘There’s nothing wrong with that. Like, gender is not important when it comes to love; and to be honest, if I hadn’t fallen for Lizzy, I might have fallen for you instead.’

‘What are you talking about? Don’t say weird things!’ I intended to push his shoulder in a playful way but ended up using more force than expected, causing him to fall out of bed. I freaked out at first, thinking he got hurt but when he burst out laughing, I did the same.

 


I’m sorry this chapter is Joonho centered. Next one will have Naliz.

I also wrote this in a rush because I’m supposed to be studying for uni OTL

 PS: I don’t know if you guys like Mamamoo but I do. A lot. So I had to add the Moon and the Sun to this fic :D