Clearing misunderstandings [MS]

As long as you love me

*Moonbyul’s POV*

I looked for Solar everywhere; I knew she had misunderstood the situation with Nana, but I swear we were not flirting. On the contrary, I was actually gushing over Solar. If only she knew how much I cared about her, maybe she wouldn’t have run away, maybe I wouldn’t have hurt her... I sighed. After almost confessing to her, starting another fight between us was the last thing I wanted. The awkwardness when we stopped talking was unbearable; we would avoid eye contact every time we walked past each other and just pretend we didn’t exist in the first place, while, in reality, we just missed each other’s company and wanted to go back to how things used to be… I couldn’t go through all that again, I had to sort things out with her as soon as possible.

By the time I finally found her, she was already outside Joon’s house. ‘Yongsun, wait!’ I yelled as I ran to her, but she just ignored me. When I got close to her, I grabbed her wrist before she could move away and made her turn around to face me. ‘Please, don’t go.’

‘I’m tired, Moonbyul. I wanna go home.’ She looked annoyed.

‘Let me walk you home, then.’ Her eyes were softer now, but she avoided mine.

‘Why would you? I thought you were busy anyway.’

‘You’re my only business.’ I winked at her, hoping it would cheer her up, but it only seemed to make her angrier instead. I gulped. I shouldn’t have said anything.

‘Sure I am. I was worried about you, you know? I thought you weren’t feeling well, but turns out you left me alone to flirt with strangers!’ She jerked her hand so I let go of her wrist. She tried to push me on the shoulder, but I caught her hand on mine, preventing her from doing so.

‘Yongsun… I wasn’t. We were actually talking about the girl she likes.’ She frowned, looking at me suspiciously.

‘Were you?’ Solar raised her eyebrow.

‘I promise, Yongsun.’ I brought her hand –the one I had taken before she tried to hit me– closer to my lips, kissed the back of it, and watched her blush. ‘I only have eyes for you.’

‘Bet you say that to all the girls.’ She rolled her eyes.

‘There’s only one girl I’d ever say that to.’ I did not know whether she thought I was joking or being serious, but I meant it. There was no one else for me. I noticed the sadness on her face was gone; the look she had at that moment made me smile. As long as she was happy, I was good. ‘You look the prettiest when you smile.’

‘Don’t be greasy!’ Despite her words, I knew she actually enjoyed it by the way she playfully slapped my shoulder and her cute dolphin-like laugh.

‘So, can I go to your place and stay the night?’

‘Don’t you have a house? What will your parents say?’

‘Walking alone at night is dangerous; it’ll be safer if I just go to your place. Besides, you know too well my parents are okay with it, they trust you.’

‘Fine, but if you don’t keep your hands to yourself this time, I’ll kill you.’

*

When I woke up the next morning, I could feel the weight of someone else’s body on top of me. I glanced down; it was Solar’s. We had both fallen asleep on her bed after talking for ages the night before. She was still deeply asleep; her head was resting on my shoulder, while one of her hands was… groping my . What was she even dreaming about? It would have been funnier, had I not been so shy. I didn’t want to wake her up, but what would she think if she found out that I had let her touch my body in her sleep? Would she think I was a ert? Would she get mad at me for disturbing her in her sleep? I didn’t know what to do. Before I could decide, she opened her eyes, still half-asleep, she didn’t realise what she was doing, so I thought I’d before she woke up properly.

‘Are you having fun?’

‘What?’ She was confused; she looked over at me, unsure of what I was talking about.

‘Who’s the one who can’t keep her hands to herself now?’ When her eyes moved to my chest, she pulled her hand away quickly. I giggled at how embarrassed she was.

‘At least I didn’t do it on purpose’, she retorted.

‘Are you implying I did? You can’t prove it.’

‘You were awake, Moonfart!’

‘So what?’

‘So you were fully aware of what you were doing!’

‘It’s not my fault my hands move on their own!’ At that point, both of us started laughing. To be honest, my hands seemed to be in love with her body –maybe not just them– so I was glad she wasn’t mad about my 'naughty hands' habit.

Although I was expecting her to get up, like she usually did when she woke up, she snuggled closer to me instead. It usually was the other way around, me being clingy to her, so it took me by surprise. She rested her head on my shoulder again while I rested mine on top of her head, not before giving her temple a light kiss. I found comfort in the warmth of her body and felt myself falling asleep again. It felt like we actually were a couple, hugging each other, sleeping together, waking up next to her, joking about stupid stuff… I knew we would have to put an end to the ambiguity in our relationship at some point but, although I had been trying to be more straightforward about my feelings for her, I couldn’t ask that from her when I wasn’t being completely honest myself.

'Byul-ah?' she called my name softly 'About last night...'

'Yeah?' My heart started to race at the mention of the other night; our lips had been only few inches away. I was so anxious I felt I would explode any time soon.

'You know, when we were dancing...' She hesitated for a moment, then moved her body to face me properly.

'Y-yeah?' That seemed to be the only word I could utter at the time. I hoped I wasn’t making a fool of myself.

‘Were you going to? I mean, I was going to… I mean, I wanted to… Did you? God…’ I had never seen Solar so nervous before. It was adorable.

‘…’ I opened my mouth but the words didn’t come out, no matter how hard I tried. It all happened so fast, it was too much to take in. She had actually wanted to kiss me? At that moment, her phone rang, and I regretted taking so long to react; I wished I had kissed her when I had the chance. ‘I’ll go get it. It’s probably my mum complaining about how my phone’s off.’

‘Yeah, okay.’

I got off the bed and answered the phone that was on Solar’s desk, not bothering to check who was calling. I was expecting my mum to yell at me before I could even say a word at all. Instead, I heard a male voice.

‘Yongsun?’ It was Eric Nam. Did he have a Solar-and-Moonbyul-are-being-gay detector?

‘Yo, Eric.’ I turned around to see Solar’s reaction; she just shook her head as she mouthed “tell him I’m busy”. I chuckled softly. How could she be so cute?

‘Where’s Solar?’ I could tell he wasn’t happy about hearing my voice.

‘She’s in bed, why?’ She wasn’t. She had actually gotten up and walked to me.

‘I was wondering if she’d like to come with me to see a movie, my treat. Anyway, tell her I called. I’ll text her later.’

‘Sure, I’ll tell her that.’ I didn’t realise when Solar had grabbed the phone, but despite telling me to pretend she couldn’t go on the phone, she was now talking to him.

‘Sorry, I just woke up’, she said. I assumed Eric would be trying to flirt with her before asking her out, so I thought I’d grab some clothes –I had left a bunch of my clothes with her– and have a shower since I wasn’t in the mood to be the third wheel. ‘Oh, yeah… Thanks for the offer but I already promised Byul we’d have a date today.’ I smirked. When had she agreed on going on a date with me? I had not even asked!

‘Do you think he got the hint?’ I asked once she hung the phone.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about, Moon.’ She smiled at me so sweetly that it melted my heart. ‘Come on, we need to get ready for our date’, she said as she took my hand and led us both to the bathroom.

‘We’re having a shower together? Want me to undress you, girlfriend?’ I joked.

‘Don’t push your luck, babe.’

 


Thank you very much to everyone for reading and subcribing! <3

Next one will be a Chomi chapter with a little bit of Moonsun ^^