Slow Dance [MS]

As long as you love me

*Solar’s POV*

After having fun for hours and probably a few more drinks than they should have, some of them had already left. Although it was getting dark, Joon’s party was far from over yet. Most people decided it was too late and cold for swimming and were now in the living room, moving their bodies to the beat of all kind of music playing. Others, however, decided to play stupid party games like ‘truth or dare’ or ‘spin the bottle’ –just an excuse to try to make out with your crush that could end up really badly. Youth only seemed to be interested in getting drunk and having with as many people as they could, they didn’t bother to try to know anything about the other person as long as they could get them into bed. It was sad, really.

I probably could have spent all night complaining about the path society was following had it not been for how distracting a certain blue haired girl was being. Moonbyul had decided it was a good time to show off her new dance moves. She must have practised a lot… or maybe it was a natural talent, but the way her hips were swaying made her look manlier and cooler than the boys there. It was no wonder she attracted so many girls, gay or straight. The suit she was now wearing only made her look ier. She was the living proof there was no need to show skin to be hot. I had been so focused on her that I didn’t even realise when I had stopped dancing, nor did I notice when I had started biting my lower lip. All I knew was I couldn’t stop staring at her in awe.

The music changed to a slow tune and Moonbyul smiled at me, she suddenly extended her hand, inviting to follow along, and I gladly accepted her offer. I took her hand and we walked away from the crowd to somewhere more private. She took the lead, her arms around my waist while I wrapped mine around her neck. She held me close to her, –so close that our chests were pressed together– her eyes were fixed on mine and I could feel the building between us. We were no strangers to physical contact; we were like opposite magnets that attracted each other, although it had never been this intimate in front of others. She moved one of her hands from my waist upwards and touched the side of my face gently.

‘Yongsun…’, she called my real name softly, bringing her head closer to my ear as she whispered in a low voice ‘you look so damn beautiful today.’ Her words and the warm breath that was coming out of made me go red. She moved her head away from my ear and made eye contact again, still smiling, but her sweet smile was replaced with a smug one.

‘What are you talking about, idiot? I’m not even wearing make-up.’ I lowered my head, not being able to look straight into her eyes, as much as I liked it.

‘Exactly’, she lifted my chin. ‘I get to appreciate your pretty face.’ What had gotten into her? Or was it the alcohol speaking? No, the younger girl had barely drunk and she could tolerate alcohol just fine anyway. ‘You’re even more beautiful up-close.’

‘Stop…’ God… I swear this woman was trying to make me crazy with her smooth talk. The only reason why I wanted her to stop was because I could have kissed her in front of everyone right then if she had said any other word.

‘Sorry…’ When she moved her hands away, I could see her sad expression; she had stopped dancing too. I felt bad for making her feel like she had done something wrong, although it was somewhat cute how respectful she was.

‘Byul-ah…’ I instinctively moved my hands from the back of her neck to her lower back, pulling her closer again and resting my forehead against hers. ‘You didn’t do anything wrong.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yes, I’m sure.’ I leaned forward, just a little closer; the moment our noses touched, I just wanted to brush my lips lightly across her beautiful lips. I could tell –by the way she kept staring at my mouth– that she wanted our lips to meet as much as I did. It could not be just my imagination.

‘Please, don’t do that.’ Despite her words, our mouths were still only few inches away.

‘Don’t do what?’ I needn’t ask, I already knew the answer, but I wanted to hear it from her; I wanted to make sure whether she was against it or not.

‘Don’t look at me like that. It makes me want to kis–’ before she could finish the sentence, I felt someone tap my shoulder. Whoever dared interrupt us at this moment would soon regret it.

*Moonbyul’s POV*

I couldn’t believe it! It had taken every ounce of my confidence to confess my feelings to Solar and when I had finally decided to do it, someone had to ruin it. It wasn’t just anyone, it had to be HIM again, Eric Nam. I swear the guy was trying to come between us all the time. He was starting to irritate me for real. How could anyone think it was appropriate to just casually say hi to people who were clearly about to kiss? I mean, at least I thought we were… Both of us probably knew we shouldn’t be doing that since we were friends and it could ruin what we had but, at the same time, she didn’t seem to hate the idea of us making out, or she wouldn’t have initiated it.

‘Hello, Yongsun. I’ve been looking for you everywhere but couldn’t find you.’ He said with a smile on his face. Solar’s expression was the opposite of his; she closed her eyes and sighed loudly. It was funny really, I always thought they would end up together but I could now see she found him just as annoying as I did. Maybe that girl, Nana, was right about us; maybe Solar felt the same way I did.

Speaking of, I looked behind me –since I couldn’t stand his stupidity any longer– and saw her walking to the toilets. She looked upset for some reason and I felt bad for her. Had something happened with that Lizzy girl? I knew we had just met but that didn’t mean I didn’t care about her.

‘So, I brought drinks for us, one for me and this one is for you, Yongsun. Sorry, Moonbyul, I didn’t get anything for you.’ .

‘No, thanks. I don’t feel like drinking’, answered Solar.

‘You can have hers then, Moon.’

‘Thanks for the offer but I’ll pass. I’ll go get something else.’ That said, I left and followed Nana instead. I could use a distraction right now, I had the feeling Eric would not leave any time soon. I felt bad for Solar though, she would have to deal with him alone for a while.

I got in the bathroom to find Nana was the only one there. I asked her what was wrong; she told me that someone had dared Lizzy and Joon to kiss, and while it wasn’t like she was against it –she just wanted the girl to be happy– it wasn’t a nice thing to see when you were in love with one of said people.

‘So, why did you come here? Running away from reality too?’ She asked.

‘Yeah, you could say that. Mr. Wonderful had to make a special guest appearance.’

‘He won’t give up on her, will he?’

‘Not even when he’s clearly not welcome. I decided it was better I left before I told him to go himself.’

‘You seem to be a little more annoyed at him than before.’

‘Well, he literally stopped me from kissing her!’

‘HE WHAT?’ It was a good thing there was music on and we were the only ones there, because she yelled as if she was angrier than I was, everyone would have heard. I giggled at her reaction though; it was cute. ‘Sorry about that. I just can’t believe it!’

She asked me for details about what had happened, so I told her everything: how smooth Solar’s face was, how close our lips had actually been, how it felt like the rest of the world didn’t matter at that moment... Despite how confident I seemed to be just a moment ago, I felt my face reddening as I recalled the events.

‘So, it did seem like she was going to kiss you back?’

'I think so? I mean, she started it… I don’t really know. I panicked. And I couldn’t just ask her with Eric there.’

‘Maybe he would have left.’ She burst out laughing and I couldn’t help myself from doing the same.

‘I’m not THAT lucky!’ At that moment, the door opened.

‘Moonbyul, are you okay?’ It was Solar. ‘Oh.’ She fell silent when she saw us, and stared suspiciously. ‘Sorry for interrupting.’ She closed the door and left quickly.

I could tell she was hurt. Did she think I was flirting with Nana? Was she mad because I had abandoned her to her luck with Eric Nam? All I knew was I had screwed up somehow. I would have usually been stubborn about it, would have yelled at her that I had done nothing wrong, but not this time. Instead, I swallowed my stupid pride and ran after her; she was much more important.

 


Hi guys! Feels good to finally be back ^^
Is someone still reading this? haha probably not. I decided to include more Moonsun just because I love them.

Although it was originally a Naliz story, I want to add a lot more Moonsun and Chomi to this story :')
Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading <3