First meetings

As long as you love me

There she was again, laying her head in her desktop, wishing the boring lessons finished already. It was just the beginning of the first day of school but she couldn't take it anymore. Nana was really tired of the routine. Every day was like the day before and like the next one. Nothing interesting happened in her life. She was in her own world, thinking of the only thing that she cared about: k-pop. All the things about the Korean world fascinated her: the music, the dramas, the shows, the culture, the fashion, the food... She didn't even know why she liked it so much when her parents never talked about their country. Although Nana lived in Spain, her parents were Korean. They had emigrated from Korea when Nana was really young. She'd like to spend more time watching shows, MVs, etcetera, but it seemed like her teachers didn't want her to have much free time. Excess homework stressed her out so much. Sometimes, she got really down and didn’t feel like doing anything, although she was a good student who always got high marks. 'I wish I had some Korean friends... Come on, Nana! That's not going to happen!' she thought to herself as she sighed.

'What's wrong, Nana?' a friend of hers asked.

'I don't even know why I came here. All we're going to do today is introduce ourselves', she replied.

'You're right. There's not much to do today. It feels like I’m going to fall asleep.' She laughed.

'Hahaha. That's better than paying attention.'

At that moment, their tutor entered the class. 'Sit down, everybody', he said and everyone took a seat, but kept talking in a low voice. 'My name is Marco. I'm going to be your tutor this year. I hope we all get along! We're going to start introducing ourselves.' As someone knocked the door, everybody kept quiet and paid attention to the girl who had just appeared.

'H-Hello... Can I come in?' The girl asked stuttering, a bit embarrassed for being late.

'Sure. Take a seat.' The teacher said, signalling her to do so. Nana scanned her as she entered the room. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. 'Is she Korean too?' Nana thought as she followed her with her eyes.

'Why don't you introduce yourself?' Marco told the new girl.

'Me?' she asked pointing at herself. 'I'm Sooyoung, but my friends call me Lizzy.'

'Sooyoung?! She has a Korean name', Nana told herself excitedly. At that moment, Lizzy looked at Nana, who was staring at her, and smiled softly. Nana felt her heart pounding like crazy and her face heated up. 'She's so beautiful! I hope we can be good friends.'

'Where are you from?' Marco asked.

'I'm from South Korea', Lizzy answered.

'I knew it!'

'Chinese...', some random guy said, loud enough for Nana to hear it. She rolled her eyes. 'Stupid!' It made her really angry that almost every guy at her school used the word 'Chinese' to call all the Asians. As if they were all the same!

The bell rang, indicating the end of class. Nana had tried to approach the girl all day, but she didn't have the courage to do it. After she packed her bag, everyone had left the class already. She was always the last one to exit the room. On her way home, she heard a girl screaming. 'What was that?' Nana looked around and found few guys surrounding... Lizzy?!

'Don't move! We don't bite, you know? We just want you to have a drink with us', one of the guys said. Lizzy didn't reply, which made the boy really angry. He raised his hand as Lizzy closed her eyes. He was about to slap her when someone stopped the boy by grabbing his wrist.

'Don't you dare raise your hand to this girl ever again', a masculine voice said.

'What are you going to do if I do? Do you really think you can beat us? You're so funny.' He laughed at the mysterious guy. The latter didn't say a thing. Instead, he kicked the guy in... Well, let's say it's a sensitive area.

Nana was watching everything from afar. She wanted to help the guy and save the girl but, before she could do anything, the boy had gotten rid of everyone.

'Are you okay?' He asked Lizzy.

'Yeah... Thank you very much!' Lizzy bowed.  

'You don't need to thank me. Everybody would have done the same', he said smiling at her.

'So... who are you?' Lizzy was curious about her saviour's name.

'Me? I'll tell you later. We need to go out of here first. I'll take you home.' Lizzy blushed slightly at the guy's words.

'Thanks again!'

'So he acts like a gentleman?' Nana, who had listened to everything and was really jealous of that boy right now, wondered if he had any ulterior motive to act like that. Nevertheless, she was thankful the guy had saved poor Lizzy, but she thought that maybe he was friends with the bullies and played the hero just to get the girl. 'Who the hell is he anyway?'

 


Hi, guys! I’m really sorry for the long wait for those who had subscribed to this fic before, but I’m finally back.

If you had read this before you probably already know who that mysterious guy is ;) but for those new readers, who do you think it is? :3

Thank you very much to everyone who subscribed and especially, to those who’ve been waiting for me ^^