The story of real “Red”, Yang Yoseob

Everything behind the cellphone.

 

 

 

 

Playlist: G-Dragon, Untitled 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kaCAbIXuyg&list=PL4QNnZJr8sRNKjKzArmzTBAlNYBDN2h-J&index=12

Please kindly listen to song while reading this fanfics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Tell me Red… Tell me more about yourself.” I demanded. “What?” Yoseob looked at me shocked. “I know I am selfish and forceful. But, I just want to know more about you Red! We have been texting for 2 years but… I knew nothing about you.” I said feeling emotional. “Are we even friends…?” I muttered. I know I am being childish. However, why? Maybe, I just want some distraction.

Yoseob was overwhelmed. “Technically, I only knew you for a few weeks… Practically, I can't answer her question… Did she quarrel with Junhyung hyung?” Yoseob wonders. “Should I tell her about Junhyung hyung or myself? How should I answer her?” He confused.

“It’s okay that you don't want to entertain me...I always have been a burden to you and others. I am so sorry that I appeared out of nowhere. Bothering everyone around me. It's just…” I cried. It's true, Mum and Dad were always arguing about money and life. My siblings wasn't concern about this situation. They just leave the house and disappeared. Throwing all the heavy burden to me. I am stucked in this situation and nowhere to escape. This negative feeling slowly bottled up. I realized, my life changed when I found Red on social media platform. I could only count on Red, he is my moral support. However, when I looked back we were so distanced. There's isn't much facts I knew about him. Recently, Junhyung and I were getting along so smoothly. I thought… Maybe we were progressing well until Namjoo came into the picture. Why? I just want things to move smoothly.

Trying to control my emotion. I wiped my tears with my sleeves. Sniffing back and sobbing quietly. I just need some kind of concern or even a reason that motivates me to look forward with life again. But, I could not find it. Suddenly, Yoseob embraced me. “Don't worry, I am here for you.” His words warms me up which led me to howl. “I understand, it's difficult to stand up. Don't worry I will help you…” He shushed. “I am so sorry…” I murmured.

“We are here, it is the correct place right?” Yoseob sent me home. “Thank you so much for comforting me Red. Sorry for crying so much.” I said ruefully. Yoseob smiles, “You’re welcome. There's no need to apologize for crying.” Yoseob was about to leave. Then, he hailed on his heels and turned back calling my name, “By the way my real name is not Red, I am Yang Yoseob.” He corrected me and I laughed. “We’re friends so call me Yoseob.” He beamed. I was touched by his slightest gesture.

“Anyways…” He trailed. Yoseob took out his phone, “can I have your number?” He requested. I raised my eyebrows at him, “Didn't you already have my number?” I asked. Stunned, “I am kind of bad at remembering series of phone number. Beside, that's my spare phone. I thought we could get to know each other more now. This is my main phone. You can contact me via this number which is more convenient.” Yoseob rubbed his skin awkwardly. Without hesitation, “here you go.” I typed.

Tonight, I felt that our friendship have made a big progression. In my mind, Red was such a secretive individual. It seems like he is opening up to me. Thank you so much for brightening my life Red. Wait, I mean Yang Yoseob.

Yoseob got home happily. Surprisingly, Junhyung was already waiting for him. “30 minutes?” He suggested and Yoseob nodded. “I thought you would wait for me to call you.” Yoseob started the conversation. Both of them went to the nearby bus-stop. “Did she mention any about me?” Junhyung asked. Yoseob shook his head. “Did something happen?” He concerned. Junhyung laugh weakly, “Namjoo came back and we went out… I forgot our plans… I guess…” He admitted, embarrassed.

Yoseob sighed, sharing the details of the conversation just now. Junhyung hung his head low, feeling guilty. “Thanks. See you tomorrow.” He said and left. I am the worse, I promised that I will be there for her but I was the one who hurted her the most. “What was I doing?” Junhyung thought in despair.

On the other hand, Yoseob forced out a smile. “Take care hyung… Sorry, I didn’t tell you. I got her phone number.” Yoseob whispered. In the night, Yoseob lay down on his bed. “Should I text her?” He wonders.

I was reading my lecture notes, refreshing my mind. Then, my phone rings, it was a number that I didn't see it before. “Red…?” I muttered.

“In the past, I had numerous relationship. All short, doesn't leave any impression in my mind until I met this senior of mine. She was the most pretty, realistic and elegant girl in school. It's hard to describe how good-looking she is. That period, my mind is filled up with only her image. I always thought… Damn it, it will be awesome if she my girl. I ended my short-term date with a girl from her class. Thought, perhaps I may got her attention somehow. However, it didn't. I tried… Many ways to gain her awareness. A blink of an eye, it's already summer and I thought that's the end of my one-sided love. I mean… She graduating and I don't think I will be able to see her again because she is going for her internship until one day…” Yoseob dragged.

In June 2017, Yoseob was called back to school for summer classes because he failed his examination. “The weather is so warm…” He grumbled. Yoseob bounced his basketball in the school hallway as he processed to the “special” classroom. “Mr.Yang, I understand you have a strong passion for basketball. However, know the rules and follow them.” Mrs. Jung instructed firmly. Yoseob searched for a seat near the corner. Out of the blue, he heard someone dragging the chair in front of him. Curiously, Yoseob glanced up. His eyes enlarged, “she…” He muttered in astonish.

“Yang Yoseob, don't daydream and take out your assessment books to revise. We don't waste time here in this horrible classroom. We are talking about effectiveness here. Beside that, you would not want to delay your basketball training. I am serious, I will stop you for going if you don't do anything.” Mrs. Jung said with determination. With that, everyone in the room turned around and looked at Yoseob including “her”. Yoseob jaw dropped, it was the first time she looked at him straight in the face. “She is gorgeous.” He mumbled.

During the break of the class, I left the horrible and dull classroom. “Yang Yoseob?” She called me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, subbing and commenting this fanfics.