Agent Ukiss

[PG]Agent Ukiss

 

Chapter 16

 

“Its you!” They both cried. Su Min stared at both of them.

“You both....know each other?” She asked. Yun Ji and Soo Hyun awkwardly stared at one another then looked away. Neither one of them spoke. Su Min was clueless of what was going on. Soo Hyun felt like his hair was sweating. It was time to face his past.

========================

“So...how you been?” Soo Hyun gawkily asked. Both Yun Ji and Soo Hyun were sitting at a table in the cafeteria. They both left Su Min and her mom in the room. It was time to meet the past to the present now. Both of them knew this.

“I been...good.” Yun Ji slowly replied.

“And the family?”

“They're fine as well.” She once again replied blandly. Such awkwardness, it was hard to find something good to talk about. Soo Hyun sighed.

“Sorry if I haven't contacted you guys in awhile. Its just that, its been really crazy nowadays with the schedules and all.”

“Its alright. Its understandable. I see that you guys are still busy with all of your comebacks, and as well as your secret missions.” The words struck his heart. He felt like his heart stopped beating for a second. He tried to be calm but when she added that, Soo Hyun couldn't bare the guilt no further.

“Yun Ji, I-” She knew what he was wanting to say. She interrupted him.

“Soo Hyun, the past is the past. Don't let the past bring you down in the future.”

“I-I know but...” Soo Hyun swallowed his saliva deeply down this throat. He wanted to speak more, but his voice couldn't bring any words to his mouth. Yun Ji sighed.

“Its been two years since. Everyone has forgiven what has happened. You should too alright.” Yun Ji advised. Soo Hyun sadly look down at the table. He know he should, yet he cannot maintain the burden inside his heart. His eyes were now pale and lifeless.

“Yun Ji, I know its too late to say this, but....I'm sorry...for everything.”

“No, Soo Hyun. You are not to blame. We all understand. Everything happens for a reason.” They both were quiet for a moment. The sadness in their own eyes wanted to cry out in the loudness voice ever. Yet, they both held their tongues and sat.

“...There's never a day I don't ever think about her.” For the longest time in life, he had finally spoke out about her.

“I know...”

“I...I missed her a lot.” He finally admitted his true feelings.
“I know. We all missed her.” Soo Hyun once again sat quietly in his seat after she spoke. Every day of his life, from the moment he wakes up till the time he goes to sleep, he cannot forget the scenes of her. It rushes through his mind throughout the day. The guilt within him grew more and more like a monster wanting to burst out of him. Everything that happened, began with him. His decisions drew to the end.

Yun Ji realized what was going through his mind. She gently grabbed his hand from the end of the table and look sincerely at him.

“Soo Hyun, look. If she was still here, she would want you to be happy. She don't want to see you like this. What my sister did...she did it because she loves you. She happily risked her life for yours. Don't think of it as your fault. Think of it as her love she gave you. And that now, she's in a better place, watching all of us.” Her hands held his tight. Soo Hyun's gloomy eyes looked towards hers. Her warmth from her hands overcame his body. His lips stretched into a calmly smile and nodded.

“Thanks Yun Ji.” He thanked. Yun Ji smiled and nodded. Though it was a nice moment, he cannot forget the burden that hidden within him.

************

His fist slammed onto the black bean bag. His sweat dripped upon his body and down to the floor. He angrily roared with each punch. The pair of gentle eyes was drenched in darkness. It turned icy cold and bitter. With the last strike, he slashed the bag with all his might.

Kibum breathed heavily. He rested both of his tiring arms upon the bag and looked sadly down. His heart ached. The utter thought of what happened earlier that day throbbed his heart. The pain he endured was almost unbearable.

 

========================

You heading home already Kibum?” Bon Hwa called out. Kibum looked over and saw him. The older man smiled at him. Kibum had wondered what that guy was up to. Nevertheless, he had to greet him with friendliness. He gently walked over to Bon Hwa.

Yea, I just finish practicing for the show tomorrow. Do you need anything?” Kibum wondered. Bon Hwa chuckled loudly.

Haha, of course not. I'm not always walking around for business. I just wanted to see how you are doing.” He replied. Kibum wanted to scoff. If he was like that, he would be talking with him everyday. Yet, he remained calm. He was also a bit curious. Why was he suddenly talking to him like this?

I well um...I'm doing fine.” Kibum slowly answered, unsure what that man is thinking.

I see. I'm glad you're reacting this way.”

Um...can I ask what are you talking about?”

Oh, I thought you heard already.”

Heard about what?”

Earlier today, your 'former' group was in an accident.”

W-wait? What?!” Kibum gasped. Bon Hwa suddenly changed his friendly expression.

Are you worry about your 'ex' friends?” He bitterly asked. Kibum gulped. His forehead was burning up in fear. His eyes switched back in forth, looking for answers.

I um of course not. Why would I? They were bastards for treating me like this.” Kibum swallowed. His stomach felt like a vacuum up his guts out to his throat. Even so, he tried to swallow everything he said. Everything he had done cannot be ruined by this senseless act. It was then that Bon Hwa smiled once more.

I'm happy you think like this. So you wouldn't care if I told you that the skinny boy...what's his name..k..kalvin? No...um..”

Kevin you mean sir?” Kibum corrected. His heart thumped. What happened to him?!

Yes, Kevin. Him. He was stabbed and had to go to the emergency room.” Bon Hwa finally said. Kibum's eyes bulged out. His heart stopped. The whole world slowly spun. His mouth gaped melancholy. Kibum's face turned pale and cold. His friend he had known for soo long....Kevin...

Kibum secretly clenched his fists with all his might. He knew best what to do. With all the energy he had left, he looked at Bon Hwa with most intensity feelings.

Yea. So what?” Those words. The smallest words yet the most hardest words to say. Bon Hwa smiled greatly. He reached over to Kibum's shoulder and patted.

I'm happy for you that you have finally gotten over them. You are smart for choosing to be here.” He smirked. Kibum lightly chuckled along with Bon Hwa. He couldn't respond although. For his heart and feelings had stopped a while back.

========================

He angrily shouted once more at the bean bag and burst all his energy out on it. How bitterly awful it was for him. He hated himself. The more he denied his true self, the more he sees himself as a betrayer of his own heart. He had to be cold. So cold that it hurts him so much. Businesses is like this. It all about the the results in the end; doesn't matter how unbearable pain is. Though his reputation is gone, the emotions that filled Kibum with joy was still there. His eyes closed as he reminisce the good times. The laughters, the thrilling excitement, and the craziness he had with them. How can he easily forget it? He was no fish.

Kibum stabbed his hand onto the bag forcefully. His eyes glare deadly on the bag. He imagined the face of the cruel laughter from earlier. Oh how angry Kibum was mad at ignorant one. It was because of him, he had to make this decision, for the good of the society. He had promised that through everything, he will do his best at his job, even if he had to pretend to have a change of heart. Yet, his mind grew weary through everything now. He was so tired. So tired emotionally and physically. When will things become the end?

He thought once more of Kevin. They had been together before even UKISS came. They were great friends. Now....well now things aren't the same anymore. Even before he agreed on this, he knew it. He knew everything is gonna change. Nothing is ever gonna be the same again. Ever. Kibum sighed. His heart became fragile the thought of Kevin laying tiresome on a hospital bed in a a white room, alone. That was truly a murderous thought. He can hear his heart beat slowly beat cautiously as each second passed by.

His mind thought furiously what to do. Sweat clobbered his forehead through his soft hair. The air rose with deep intensity. Through the deep atmosphere, his eyes gently rose to the clock. It was already nighttime. He began had some thoughts drilling into his mind. It was risky. But, its better than living with a burden carried upon his shoulders. Finalizing his decision, he quickly prepared himself.

************

The night drew darker each hour. He who light brings upon, will awaits nonetheless for darkness to conquer. As the moon strikes at the time of the day, everything becomes a mystery. Clobbered by the unseen, only time will tell what the fate had in store.

It was cold when the clock struck 11'o clock. Kevin was asleep peacefully on the hospital bed with Dong Ho by his side sleeping at the side of the bed and Kiseop at the sofa, resting as well. The rest of the other guys had a last minute duty call. There was very few policemen tonight for some odd reason. UKISS had to help them with a crime chase. It was decided that Dong Ho and Kiseop watched over Kevin as he sleeps.

Something clicks. The light sound suddenly woke up Kiseop. His eyes tossed in turned in confusion. He quietly listened for the sound again. Click. There it goes again. Cautiously, Kiseop arise from the sofa. He looked over at Kevin and Dong Ho. Both were sleeping happily. He knew the sound was not coming from them. Click. Click. Kiseop stood up. His ears closely listened. It was time to use his stealthy talent. It was coming from the door. He breathe deeply as he walked towards the door. The sense of suspicion gave Kiseop a thought. It can only be what he was thinking. Without a doubt, he opened up the door and looked out the hallway.

There was no one. He walked out the dimmed hallway carefully. His head switched side to side, looking for any sudden movements. Then, a shadow caught his eyes. He looked up ahead. It dashed out to another bend around the hall. Kiseop tried to remained calm. He acted as though he was going out for a scroll outside. There was something he needed to reassure something before any actions can be made. As he passed around the bend, he tried to hear the movements. He felt as though the eyes were staring straight at him. Kiseop continued to act as though there was nothing and continued with his stroll to the dark outdoors. Then, he heard the movements. It came closer. What Kiseop thought was true. It came to get Kiseop attention, nothing more. He knew who it was. As he reached outside, he quietly hid and waited for the shadow to reach him.

The person followed Kiseop. Though, it did not read his mind. The person smirked with the thought of being invisible. Yet, its conceitedness is what unseal its identity. It immediately followed Kiseop outside. The next second, a leg flung in front of that person. The person gasped and backed up. It looked and realized it was Kiseop. It was Kiseop's turn to smirk. He stood in a boxing stance after his high kick. The person worn all black with a black mask that covered their face. Kiseop knew this was no ordinary person, it was a guy he knew. With a sudden twist of fate, the guy was ready to fight. He too, prepared in a fighting stance. They stood for a moment and stared coldly into one another's eyes. It was about time for some fun.

Kiseop was the first to take the move. He forward his fists to the guy's face like boxing. Right. Left. Right. The guy moved side to side, dodging each punch. Then, he leaned down and tried to kick Kiseop's leg to knock him off from standing. Luckily, Kiseop jumped back and quickly spun to the other side then used his other leg and slammed onto the guy's cheeks. The guy groaned and fell backwards. Kiseop stopped himself and once more stood in his stance. The man stood up using the strength of his legs to pulled them up to his face then bounced back onto the ground, pulling him forward. He then rushed towards Kiseop and tried punching Kiseop. Kiseop dodged down then switched side to side as the man continued to punch repetitively. Kiseop sweated. This guy wasn't gonna back down on the fight. Left. Right. Left. Right. Suddenly, he changed his tactic and pulled off a double punch. Left. Left. It caught Kiseop off guard and slashed his cheek and lip in gruesome pain. Kiseop's head tipped back as he groaned in pain. He took a few steps back, recovering the pain. He felt the blood dripping down at the corner of his lip.His eyes drifted over to the man. He knew the guy was laughing silently. There was no way Kiseop was backing down as well.

The next second, they both came forward. Each one of them threw their fists forward. Once more, they fought together aggressively. They switched their tactics to using fists, then kicking, twist, and smashing one another down. Lastly, the guy tried to exert all his energy on his right arm by pulling it back then ing it forward. But before he can even do so, Kiseop did an uppercut to his chin quickly. The guy's head was tossed upward. Kiseop pulled off a strong sidekick onto the man's guts. Kiseop stayed in stance of his side kick as the guy was forced backward. The guy lay tirelessly on the grass. Without no further due, the battle was over. Kiseop wiped the blood on his lips and walked over.

“Even till now you never beat me.” Kiseop finally spoke. The man moaned as he looked up. Kiseop stood over him, confident as usual.

“You haven't changed a bit, Jung Hee.” He stated.

The guy scoffed. The next second, his hand reached to his mask and revealed his face finally. His face was sweaty, along with his thick black hair. He glared at Kiseop.

“And you never changed as well.” Jung Hee replied.

“I knew it was you and the gang that made that abrupt incident. If you guys really want to talk to me, stop causing troubles for others. What do you guys want this time?”

“Tsk. Tsk. You always think I come here just to use you huh?” Jung Hee asked. Kiseop looked away.

“Otherwise you wouldn't need to come at all.” Kiseop said coldly.

“Kiseop...” Jung Hee muttered, “did you really forgot all those times you, me, and the gang used to be together? We are brothers, man.”

“Do you really think I'll consider you as a brother after what you did?”

“Look, I-”

“Enough with the crap talking!... The past is the past. Just....just tell me what business do you want with me.”

Jung Hee sighed. It was no use of talking to him. It was time to spit out the truth.

“I wasn't sure if I should tell you this or not. At first I thought I shouldn't tell you since you didn't want to be a part of us anymore. But, then again, he would really want you to come...” Jung Hee hesitated.

“Who? What happened?” Kiseop glanced over. Jung Hee looked at him with a cold stare.

“Seok is dead.” Those three words shot Kiseop's eyes out. His heart stopped for a second. He quickly came forward and gripped on Jung Hee's shirt.

“How!? Tell me right now!” He demanded. His legs were now shaking in fear, though he tried not to show.

“Just last week. There was a shooting. We're not quite sure what gang did it, but they just suddenly came over and started shooting. He tried saving one of the younger members, but instead, was shot at the back....and instantly killed.” Jung Hee gradually explained. Kiseop listened carefully as he slowly let his grip go. Jung Hee continued, “I came to tell you that his funeral is this weekend.”

He gaped in shock. Seok was dead. He. Is. Dead. Immediately, memories of them rushed through his mind.

He remembered being a teenager, he taught him many things. Kiseop was always a scrawny boy, therefore, he couldn't defended himself over tough men. He taught him how to escape from those hungry gangs. He taught him how to fought, how to be a man, and yet all at the same time, be true to the self. Kiseop wanted to be a singer, and he helped him how to be one. He was like an older brother to Kiseop. They been together for the longest time ever. Until the incident....everything changed...

 

----------------------------------------------

I figured its about time for me to talk about some of the member's pasts! From now on, things are gonna get a bit more creepier..or so. I plan to make it like that but...IDK! lol Anyways, again sorry for my late update! Its hard to find inspiration nowadays. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Have a lovely day <3