Agent Ukiss

[PG]Agent Ukiss

Chapter 12

 

“You have no rights! To leave without my permission! Now you have caused even more problems to this situation!” Mr. Shin angrily shouted. It was three days after the failed mission. Eli finally had recovered from the injury, although he still aches a bit. The boss had called out an emergency meeting. Everyone settled into the meeting room. The tension of the atmosphere was growing intensely hot from the man. Bubbles burst out of the boss’s mind. His face was dark red and scary. Eli quietly  listened to the lecture. He tilted his head, that still had a bandage on the side of his forehead, and lowered his direction to the floor. Every member dare not to look at the boss. His anger scared the living hell out of them.
“If Hoon wasn’t there to help your sorry , you would’ve been dead now.” He slammed his palm onto the table, making the two youngest members jump instantly out of their chairs. Eli swallowed difficulty as he prepare to make out words.
“I apologize sir. You have all the rights to yell and be angry at me.” Eli apologized.
“You damn bet I do.” He grunted.
“But sir, I promise I would never do anything so foolish ever again.” He hope to remind. He never felt so ridiculous in his life. His conceitedness has led him to his downfall. He learned that the hard way. Hoon look at Eli’s solemn face. There was definitely a sense of change in him, Hoon noticed.
“You think saying that is gonna forget everything that had happened? This ruined completely everything we’ve worked for!” Mr. Shin growled. Eli turned his head to him and look at him with curiosity.
“What are you talking about, sir?” Eli questioned. Mr. Shin did not reply back. His eyes were coldly drawn onto Eli. Eli looked at the man’s face. His face had turned hard and cold, trembled in the thoughts of silence. The boss tried to gulped his throat. The silence was growing intensely hot. It was as though it turned into fire and was rising more and more. The boss slowly cut the silence.
“Everyone back to work. We will no longer address to this case no further.” He ordered and began to stood. Eli quickly reacted and stood up along with him.
“Boss,” Eli stated, “I would like to add something. While I was at the company, I saw Kibum walking around.” Eli admitted. This information instantly made all the members turn to Eli, including Mr. Shin. They gasp in surprised. The boss tried not to look into any of their eyes.
“I told you not to address this case no longer. This case is dismissed!”
“What?!” Eli gasped.
“This case is dismissed?” Soo Hyun repeated.
“Yes,” Mr. Shin replied, “We will no longer work on this case no further.”
“Does that mean...” Kevin wondered, “it’ll be handed down to other police organizations?” He asked, thinking of DNA.
“This is none of you guys concern. We are done talking about this. Do I make myself clear?”
“But-” The boys called.
“Do I make myself clear?” He demand loudly. The guys looked at one another awkwardly. In the end, they slowly nodded to him.
“Yes sir.” They lifelessly replied.
“Now get out of here. This meeting is over.” Mr. Shin commanded. They couldn’t do nothing else other than obey the boss. Gradually, one by one they left the meeting room. The last member, Soo Hyun, turned to look back at Mr. Shin. He was on his high leather chair, with his below lay onto the table massaging his temples. There were alot of things going through his mind. Soo Hyun began to recall a moment he remembered with the boss. He sighed and quickly walked off with the other members.

************


They all gather together at break at the training room with no one else but them. They all sat around in a circle, lifeless at what had happened earlier that morning.
“Mr. Shin is really upset.” Dong Ho sighed.
“I’ve never seen him this angry before,” Kiseop added, “Those other times when we got ourselves into trouble, never would he use such anger at us. Although he punished us those other times, he was never this uptight.” He concluded.
“I think...he’s hiding something from us.” Eli suddenly comment. They all turn to look at him, except for Soo Hyun, who was staring into space, deeply thinking. The other members gazed over at Eli with curious looks.
“You really think so?” Kevin questioned Eli. He look at everyone and gradually nodded.
“Well, its the best explanation I can come up with.”
“But,” AJ hesitated. His face turn melancholy and full of guilt just having that thought on his mind. His eyes engage with sadness, “Boss? Hiding something from us? I-I can’t believe it...”
“Neither can I. He’s always been good to us no matter what.” Hoon declared.
They continue to mumble through their aggravating conversation. Sorrow filled up the room with darken hearts. Utter pain floated through the air. Unnoticing, Soo Hyun had been quite quiet the whole time, it wasn’t like himself. His mind was infatuated with a memory hidden away at the back of his mind. Looking at the grief on Mr. Shin’s face didn’t seem pleasant. He can remember seeing the expression long time ago, before Kibum and Alexander left. There was tiredness, agony, and full of disappointment. There was something else he could not express. Although, Soo Hyun had his own opinions on this. His mind flashback to that day not so long ago. He can remember being shock in surprise. He had to run away before anyone spotted him eavesdropping. That day, he saw Mr. Shin, Xander, and Kibum together sadly. From what he heard that day to what’s going on now, it has really coiled up in Soo Hyun’s mind.
“Hyung?” A voice call out. It did not bother Soo Hyun’s trail of thoughts. His dazing off finally came back to reality when he felt a presence tapping on his knee. His eyes quickly jump back to life and gaze at his dongsaengs.
“Hyung...are you okay?” Hoon asked as he tapped him. Soo Hyun paused for a second, trying to bring his voice back to reality as well.
“Uh...yea. I’m fine.”
“What’s on your mind?” Eli wondered. Soo Hyun look at the boy’s gazing eyes. They wanted to know his answer. He shifted his seat a few times and blow out a breathe. Slowly, his mouth open.
“Do you guys think...Mr. Shin was thinking about Kibum?” He pull out his thoughts. He had wonder on this question. Even after Kibum betrayed their trust, could the boss still cared for him? This made everyone else think as well. They all glance at one another, clueless what to do.
  Out of the blue, a loud ring popped into the air. Turns out, it was AJ’s phone. He eventually went to grab it. It was a text message. His eyes scan through the message.
                                                      Hey! Are you busy? Let’s meet up at the regular! :)


A smile suddenly spring up on his face. His heart pound excitedly. He tuck his phone into his pocket and look at everyone.
“Hey um guys, I got to go somewhere for a while. I’ll meet you guys at the house.” AJ declared.
“Where are you going?” Kiseop asked.
“Um...just a personal business. See ya!” And with that, he quickly vanish out of the door.
A pair of eyes watch him leave the room. His lips curved to a grin. He knew exactly what AJ’s ‘personal business’ is. After all, he had seen them together a few times now. As much grief going on, its time to have some fun.

************


He jogged his way over to the cafe with his cap and sunglasses on. AJ swung the door open and searched the place.
“Over here!” A voice cried out. He turned anxiously. There was  Park Hwa Young. She had on her beanie cap over her hair. She worn a white overcoat with dark black buttons. Over her coat, was a soft red scarf hanging around her neck. On her ears were big black hood earrings. She waved at him happily. He managed to pull a grin and walked right over.
“Hey...sorry I was late.”
“Its fine. Sorry if I bothered you.” she apologized. He quickly shook his head.
“No of course not! In fact...I’m very happy to see you again. Its always a pleasure to see you.” He added. A burst of pink glowed on her cheeks as she plucked out a meek smile. She sipped her coffee mannerly and sneaked a peek at AJ. He was watching her with interest. Hesitantly, Hwa Young decline her mug and placed it onto the table. Her gaze then turn to him.
“What are you looking at? Something on my face?” She blurted innocently. He chuckled as a response and hopelessly continue to glare.
“Yea, there actually is. Your beauty.” AJ flirted. A reply that was romantic yet hopelessly corny as well. This made her giggle although.
 “Are you trying to flirt with me?” She jested. AJ shrugged with a grin. They continued to have flirtatious conversation.

************


  Dong Ho eyed at them curiously. Sneaking around his hyungs was one thing he learn how to do. He had so much fun spying on them. He snickered as AJ tried to impress this lady. Dong Ho was hiding behind huge conifer trees looking through the café. If anyone knew what AJ was doing, boy he’ll be in big trouble!
   His eyes casually looked past the café. There, something strange caught his eyes. He looked closer. There were two men in black with glasses sitting in a car next to the café. Dong Ho concentrated on where they were looking. They were coincidentally looking at AJ and the girl. Dong Ho’s body became alert. He studied the men. They look as though they were bodyguards or something. He felt chills running through the curve of his spine. Something tells him something bad was going to happen. He gulp in suspicion. What in the world was going on?
   Her eyes immediately glanced at the window. Dang, they’re here. Her heart skipped a beat. Just at the moment she wanted to be alone, they showed up. Hwa Young tried to remain calm. AJ observe her sudden reaction.
  “Hey…are you okay?” He asked worriedly. She was hesitant as she took a glimpse of him. His worried eyes caused her to feel more awkward. Her eyes quickly looked away.
  “Uh…yea. I’m fine. I…I just forgot I had to go somewhere.”
  “Oh, leaving so soon?”
  “Yea, I’m terribly sorry. I-I’ll make it up to you next time.” She stood up and grabbed her purse. He stood up as well.
  “When is next time?” He quickly asked. She sighed impatiently. Remaining calm, Hwa Young raised her head at him and smile weakly.
  “Just like what we promise. Next week.” Hwa Young replied. It made AJ’s heart raise. He felt ecstatic.
  “Cool, I’ll be waiting for that day the.” He winked. She took one last look at his gazing eyes and goofy smile. She smiled friendly at him and left. AJ happily retrieved to his seat. He couldn’t wait for that day to come already. He never met a girl so…addictive like her.
  Hwa Young quickly walked past to the back of the café where no one was at. Footsteps followed her trace. They knew she had take in notice. Without no more delay, she hastily turned to the two men with annoyance.
  “I don’t need you guys to follow me. I can handle things myself.”
  “We are just going by orders Miss. We cannot allow you to go anywhere yourself.” One of the men spoke out. She rolled her eyes.
  “What am I? 12?! I am not a teenager anymore! I don’t need to be taken care of like a kid.”
  “Miss-” The other guy was about to respond but she interrupted.
  “Go tell Dad that I can handle things myself. The more you guys bother me, the more I won’t be able to get anything with him accomplished.”
  “We cannot let you do this alone, orders are orders.” The second men spoke. Angrily, she kicked up the dirt below her foot.
  “Aish! Then you go tell Dad that if he wants me to meet AJ more, then he better do by how I want to.” She shouted and turned away from them.
  “We understand Miss. If you need anything just ask us.”
  “What I need is for you guys to leave!” She hastily yelled. Quietly, the two men looked at one another. They nodded and slowly drifted off to their car. Hwa Young was alone, or so she thought she was. She sighed annoyingly. Hwa Young was frustrated. She hated being treated like a kid. So bothersome! Her hands lifted and she rubbed her face with her palm in irritation. Her palm became sweaty. Then, her eyes peek above to the clouds. She hated doing these kind of businesses. Nevertheless, there was nothing she can do but live with the truth. She sighed sadly.
  “Sorry AJ. I know you’re a good guy. But-but I have to do this. Its best for my family.” She whispered to herself. A promise she kept to herself for a long time. She had to keep this promise. Without notice, eyes bulged out of the bushes. Dong Ho quickly pulled back from the bushes. He knew that woman wasn’t good! He just felt it in his guts.
  “AJ….” He sadly whispered. His heart was going to get heartbroken. Either way, he had to warn Hyung!

************


  Smack! His fist blew at the bean bag. Slam! Goes another punch. Eli throw all of his anger at the long black bean bag. He was frustrated. Pain inflicted in his heart. Everything, his own fault. His eyes was on the bean bag but his mind wondered off in space. It led him to the horrific past. He gritted his teeth. He swoop his fist on the side and whack the bag. His breathing came heavy. Eli puff out heavy air.

  “Take his stuff!” One of the bullies shouted.
  “Throw it in the river!” Another suggested.
  “Hold him tight!”
  "No! Don’t!" He cried with all his might.


 He bit his lips intensely until it started to bleed. Even then, his mind was still in the past. Nothing can ever changed the past he faced.

  “Give me back my lunch!” He screamed. It was the only food he had all day. The rest of the other boys just laughed at him. They ignored what he was saying. They snatched his food away.
  “No! I haven’t eaten all day! I need that lunch!” He shouted. The older boy scoffed.
  “Stupid asian doesn’t know when to be quiet. Someone shut him up.” He ordered the other boys. The boys smirked.


Then the slamming began. The kicks pounding his stomach. Fists struck his face like a slash of thunder. Pain ached all over until everything felt numb. He was just a young nerd back in the days, especially a young Asian nerd in the US. They were the one usually being targeted. Every day he faced, older kids obstructed his path. They took everything he had. Defenseless, he was always defeated with humility. Ever since the bullying, he began taking taekwondo. Every humility, every anger, and every pain he ever felt, he them into his fists and body. His body took over as he emotionally over his practices. No one will ever treat him like some animal ever again. Since then, he tried to work his best to become a tough and strong person. He faced to any danger that faced in his path. Nothing had ever surpassed him...until now. The memory of being beat up a few days ago driven out the haunted past he endured. And it was all because of him. He felt angered with himself. He wanted to aim high, but had not seen how stubborn he was, and in the end had achieved nothing but shame. He furiously slammed his fists once more at bag. His breath became heavier as sweat dripped down from his face.
  “How about fighting someone your own size?” A voice uttered out behind him. Eli swiftly bend around. His eyes locked onto the person that came into his training room.
  “Hoon…” He manage to muttered out. Hoon lid up a smile.
  “Come, I want to see if you’re really good as what everyone says you are.” Hoon smirked. He straightened into his fighting stance. Eli looked at him curiously. What was he doing? To see Hoon suddenly appeared like this was rather strange. Either way, fighting someone was rather much better than fighting a bag. A grin was cast upon Eli.
  “Prepare, you should know what position I am in UKISS.” Eli warned. Hoon chuckled.
  “I know, but if you know as well, I’m not like any other regular person you meet. Go ahead, give me your best shot.” He offered. Hoon looked prepared and determined. Eli glare at him deadly in the eyes. Grinning, he got himself in his position. The boys looked at each other eye to eye. A moment of silence bliss caught between the atmosphere. Within a split second afterwards, they themselves against each other.
  Eli took the first blow. He swung his fist towards Hoon’s cheek. Quickly, Hoon dodged below and flicked his head to his left as Eli a fist to the right side of his face once more with his left arm. Instantly, Hoon’s right hand grabbed his arm and yank him past his body. Then, he dropped to the floor and spun around his left leg to tripped Eli. Eli came falling down rapidly afterwards. He clench in pain. He rolled his head back to Hoon. There, he was slowly standing up, smiling in pride.
  “Told you I wasn’t like anyone else.” Hoon reminded. Eli let out a soft chuckled. He did a back handspring to pull himself back up.
  “I admit you’re not half bad,” Eli began, “But you just haven’t seen my true ability.” Eli notified.
They continued to look directly in each other’s eyes. Both of them are focused and determined. Gradually, they pull themselves back into their fighting positions. Eli cracked his bones on his neck as he jerked his head side to side. He was determined to win. But, so was Hoon.
  Quickly, Hoon rushed over and jabbed his knuckles to Eli’s jaw. Eli bend his body back below to escape the blow. He punch upwards to Hoon’s floating arm and pushed it up. Eli then swiftly to bend around to the side of Hoon and plunge his right knee attack onto his gut. Hoon winced as he felt the instant pain. Secondly, Eli strike his left fist once more to Hoon’s right cheek. Hoon was pulled back by gravity and forcedly sat down on the floor. He gently pressed his recent bruise made by Eli. He cringed for a second feeling the throbbing of the mark. His eyes glowered at Eli.
  “What did you think now? Still up for the challenge?” Eli smirked. Hoon laughed. He pulled himself back in a standing position.
  “That punch was like a lady’s slap! Be a real man and fight me.” Hoon playfully taunted. Eli let out a chuckle. With that invitation being said, the boys let the real game began.
 

 

******An Hour Later******


  They lay against their back on the white walls breathlessly. Eli drain half of the water bottle down his throat and toss it to Hoon. He immediately devoured the whole drink. They gradually cool off from the intense battle.
  “You really live up to your name Eli.” Hoon commented.
  “Heh, I know. You’re not pretty bad yourself.”
  “Of course not, I used to be in taekwondo you know?”
  “Really?” Eli was amazed.
  “Yea, I’d always wanted to be a police when I was young. Growing up, I always watched those police and investigator shows and it just made me want to be like them. Aish, I know that its a lot of work but…its what I always dream to be.” He truthfully spoke. Eli listened to Hoon’s story. Never took the time to hear Hoon, he never realize how hopeful Hoon really was. Immediately, he felt guilty for disliking Hoon in the first place. It was only because he thought he didn’t need a newbie to work with him. Listening to his story, it made him realize Hoon was a strong and determined person. He kept reaching for his dreams until he can grasp it.
  “There was a time I was injured pretty badly. I thought I would never be able to be me again. But then…miracles can happen in so many ways. I was able to get back up and live for my dream” Hoon smiled, remembering his past. He could remember every detail. The emotions and frustration he went through to the happiness he found. That day when he was finally admitted to UKISS, his dreams began to come true.
  “Well that’s great that things worked out for you.” Eli commented. Hoon turned to Eli.
  “The same can do for you if you try harder.” Hoon’s response made Eli surprised. How could Hoon know what he was going through? Eli never told anyone much about his problems. He preferred keeping these personal things to himself. Eli quickly brush away his reaction.
  “I don’t get what are you trying to say.” He quickly said. Hoon sighed.
  “You don’t need to pretend. I understand you’re going through some issues right now. But you can’t let those things get to you. Dude, look, I don’t know what exactly what you want to accomplish, but sitting around getting all angry with yourself isn’t gonna take you anywhere. Trust me, I been there.” Hoon admitted. Eli slowly gulped. He took another drink from his water bottle and gently washed it away down his throat. His eyes revealed pain and disappointment.
  “I…I just don’t know what to do anymore. After what I did, I made even more mess for everyone.” Eli sighed. Hoon sighed along with him. He slowly began to stood up in front of Eli.
  “And you’re just gonna give up like that? What kind of a man are you?!” Hoon slurred. Eli turned angrily at him.
  “What do you want me to do?! I led everyone down!” He quietly look down at his lap and whispered, “even myself.”
  “That’s why man. You got to stand up and fight. Don’t let your downfall take you down even further.” Hoon advised. He slowly lower his body down and crouch. “Don’t you want everything to be better again?” He asked. Eli looked back up at Hoon. Why was Hoon trying to help him? He didn’t understand. Hoon knew how much he disliked him, why was he still wanting to help? Eli was confused.
  Even so, Eli began to think. Things that happened to him, he won’t forget it. He fought past his haunted past. He didn’t want to let all of his hard work to come to a waste. Silently, he nodded. Hoon slowly raised a grin up his lips.
  “Great. Then prepare yourself for tomorrow.” Hoon got up and walked to the door. Eli confusingly got up.
  “What? Why?” Hoon did not turn back to Eli.
  “You’ll see.” He lastly replied and walked out the door. Eli was left with curiosity. What did Hoo
n have in mind?

 

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading^^ Comments & Subscribes? Have a beautiful day.