Agent Ukiss

[PG]Agent Ukiss

Chapter 13

 

Alexander walked to his car exhaustively. There had been an event held all day. He was tired from hosting part of the event. Although, he enjoyed what he does in spreading the love of the lord. A passion he yearned to strive for many years. As much as he loved it, he knew he came here for a task. Xander was not willing to let that slip away.

“Alexander!” A voice caledl out behind him. He gradually turned and realized it was Johnny. He lifted a smile upon this lips.

“Johnny.” He greeted. The man smiled before him.

“You were great as co-host of this event. Everything went splendid.” Johnny complimented. Xander chuckled.

“Haha its nothing much. I'm glad to be part of this. Thank you for this amazing opportunity.” He said with sincere.

“Your welcome. I been dreaming for this for so long. So long now...” He ended. Johnny's smile creep up bigger than ever. Alexander did not notice the strangeness though.

“I'm happy for you then. Your dreams have finally coming true.”

Oh this is just the beginning...just the beginning...” Johnny laughed. “I have a lot of more plans coming up.” Alexander nodded at him politely.

“That's great. Hope everything will go your way. Its getting late now. I need to get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow at work.” Xander waved. Johnny nodded and left. Xander sighed as he got his keys from his pocket and unlocked his car. Footsteps tapped closer and closer to him. A gush of coldness dripped within the atmosphere. Xander's body felt stiffen as the hairs on his arms strikes up suddenly. He knew someone else was here. His eyes gazed over. It was not Johnny anymore. It was that guy again. Choi Dae Ho. That guy always gives him the creeps. Goosebumps filled up through his body. Alexander wonder what was he wanting to do.

“Do you need something?” Alexander politely asked. He did not answer, but only stared deadly at Alexander. This guy...seemed so serious. Smile much? Apparently not. Alexander watched him as he walked closer to him. He fidgeted in his position as Dae Ho stood face to face with him. His eyes were dead on to his.

“Are you sure you really want to be more involve in this?” He creepily asked. It was as though he wanted Alexander to stay away from this work. Alexander looked at him with intensity. His eyes narrow more cautiously and stood his ground tall. No one was going to tell him what to do.

Yes. I will continue working here for as long I want to.” He defended. Dae Ho may be an older man, but that doesn't give him the right to tell Alexander what to do. He was determined to stay at the 3rd Wave until he finish what he started.

Dae Ho quickly leaned his eyes to Xander's until they were inches apart. His eyes growled intensifying.

You better watch where you're standing then. You don't know anything that happens here. You don't know what you're dealing with. If I were you, I better leave now and never come back.” He hissed and immediately walked off. Alexander looked as the creepy man took off. What was his problem?! Why does he keep threatening him like this? What was going on? What does he have to be cautious of? His heart pound rapidly as he crawled into his car.

As he was driving his way back home, he was thinking about what Dae Ho said. He kept telling him to back it. It was as though he was giving him hints about...something. Alexander didn't understand. His mind was infatuated with thought of something creepy happening at 3rd wave. But what was it? The cold eyes in Dae Ho wasn't like any he'd ever seen before. Alexander felt a bit afraid of him actually. He was positive that Dae Ho isn't a normal man. Furthermore, he must be up to something. He knew there must be more investigation needed to be made. With the thought of this, he wanted to call some investigators.

His hand tried to reach down to his pockets to retrieve his phone. But, there was nothing there. His hand roamed around the car as the other hang tried to steer the wheel. It was no where found. Where in the world could it be?

He parked his car to a random parking lot and immediately searched his car even further. Nothing. Then he gaped. He remembered getting prepared at the 3rd wave company before going to the event center. He must've left his phone over there! Alexander quickly drove back to the company.

 

************

“Here it is.” He muttered to himself. As a phone freak, he couldn't dare to live without his phone. It was one of his necessity in life. Goodness what would he do without his phone? He sighed happily as he tucked in his phone into his pocket. But before he could leave, there was a sudden noise that startled him. Xander stood where he was still as a statue. His heart pounded rapid more than ever. What in the world was that? He panicked heavily. Then, another noise echoed through the building.

It almost sounded like a faint laughter. A man's laughter you would hear in a nightmare. He can feel a chill running through his spine. He had to know where was this laughter was coming from. His legs followed the echoing laughter. He was standing out in the hall. He looked cautiously at his surroundings. Not much lights were on, but the windows were clear and shiny from the gigantic glow from the moon. All the doors were closed and locked. There was no sign of anyone at all. He can feel a sense of unpleasing moment rising upon his body. Slowly, he walked along the hallway. He can hear his footsteps tapping on the floor, his body shifting, as he continued to caution himself.
 “Hello,” he called out, “Is anybody here?” Nobody answered. No one was there. Everyone had left. Besides, who would be at the company this late of an hour? Yet, Alexander stopped and listened for the laughter. Not a squeak triggered aloud. Everything was quiet as the coldness. What was going on? The atmosphere grew dense with uneasiness. He felt hairs on the back of his neck stood straight high. His body run rapidly with sweat bursting out his his body. Alexander gulped. He should really get going. This place was giving him the creeps. His heart was beating than the speed of light. Alexander needed to calm himself down. He closed his eyes and softly took a deep breath. Suddenly, a hand clobbered his shoulder.
 He shouted and jumped out of his wits. Xander turned frighteningly to see who it was. It was Johnny. He uttered an relief through his shocked eyes. His breathing was rapid and intense.
 “Oh man. You scared me there.” He admitted.
 “What are you doing here?” Johnny asked. Alexander’s heart was still beating intensely, but he tried calming himself down by holding onto his chest.
 “Oh...I...I left my phone. I just came back to get it.”
 “You should get home soon. Its very late now.”
 “Yes I’m leaving right now. This place isn’t a great place to stay at night.” Alexander joked. Johnny just pulled a slight smile but yet showed no interested. His eyes looked dull and his face was pale. He looked very tiresome. After a moment of silence, Alexander cut off the awkward silence, “Um I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” Alexander responded and gradually took off. Johnny watched him take his footsteps. Alexander never felt better seeing Johnny right here. He was relieved. Being here by himself was terrifying. Next time, he will definitely remember carrying his phone at all times.
 Then, he realized. Xander made a abrupt stop. There was something he felt curious of. He twisted his body back to see Johnny. That man was still standing there, quiet as the night, watching him leave. Alexander solemnly looked at him.
 “What are you doing here at this hour? Shouldn’t you be going home as well?” He wondered. It took Johnny a slight hesitation before answering.
 “Just here to finish some work. I’ll be leaving in a bit.”
 “Oh, then do you want me to stay here with you until you’re done?”
 “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry. You go on ahead. You’re gonna be busy with our schedule tomorrow.”
 “Oh...um..very well then.” Alexander was dumbfounded, but continued to nod. He took off first to his car, leaving Johnny behind alone.
 Alexander closed his car door and locked it. He couldn’t help it but looked back at the building. He was thinking, what did Johnny had to do in the company this late?

 

************


 Kibum lay on his bed restlessly. It’s tough living at such unusual surroundings he’s not used to. He wanted to go home. He wanted to see his family again. He missed the laughter of his friends. But, if he did, everything will just hopelessly fall into pieces. Never had he felt so lonesome
 Silently, he risen out of bed and traveled to the window. Kibum gently opened the curtains and let the moon shone down on him. His eyes gazed out in the opening. He awed at such a scene. The dark skies, city lights, and sleepy homes were scattered all around throughout the landscape. It was quite beautiful. A moment he would love to share. Yet, no one else to see its beauty. As much as he yearned, the seal was made. He dare not to break his promise.
 A noise tackled his door. Kibum sifted his position. His eyes now looked onto the door. The tension of his body raise. He cautiously walked over tot he door. He looked closely into the door hole. It was that one member in his group he talked to the other day that he thought looked suspicious, Lee Tae Hyun. Kibum panicked and opened the door.
 “What happened to you?!” He gasped. Tae Hyun had sat on the floor sluggishly. He aimlessly looked around trying to search for Kibum’s voice. He was dizzy and unsure of himself. Tae Hyun's eyes gazed around the surrounding, feeling higher than the birds.
 “Hey! You! Hello Kibum!” He blurted, “What are you doing here?” He laughed off his question. Kibum looked confuse. What was going on with him?
 “What are you talking about? I live here.” He responded.
 “Oh, do I live here too?” Tae Hyun talked as though he had no clue who in the world he was.
 “Are you alright?” Kibum cautioned.
 “I’m fine! In fact, I’m having so much fun. Fun! Fun! Fun!” He proclaimed. The guy looked up at Kibum, “Woah, when did you get so tall? You’re soo big!” Kibum ignored him and dragged and plopped him onto the living room. Tae Hyun suddenly push Kibum away as he fell onto the floor.

“Tae Hyun! Be careful man.” Kibum warned. The boy was drowsy and sluggish. He tried to turn his direction to the sound of Kibum's voice.

“You Kibum! You! You're such a great guy. You're the best! If I was a girl, I would fall in love with you instantly!” He cried happily. Kibum sighed at the awkward statement. He'd let that go as he pulled Tae Hyun up onto the sofa. He groaned as he did so. Tae Hyun lay on the sofa sluggishly. Kibum stood facing him.

“Can you tell me what happened?” Kibum asked.

“Everything happened man! It was like woah! Then it was like wooaah. Then it was like wwooaahhh....” He spoke with a deeper and slower tone each word. Then, ridiculously laughed out loud. Kibum leaned over to smell him for an scent of alcohol.

“You don't smell like you been drinking.” Instead looking for that smell, another scent swift through Kibum's nose. He breathe in the scent a bit. “But, you smell like...something familiar.” He couldn’t get the name to his tongue though. He though remembered this smell from some cases ago. But, what was it? He curiously looked at Tae Hyun.

“Tell me where did you went?”

“Go back? Where I went? No...no, I don't want to go back. No...” He rambled on.

“You're not going back. Just tell me where and what you did.” The next second, shook Kibum in surprisement.

“No! Get away from me. Get away from me! Don't come any closer!” Tae Hyun shouted and began wailing all over. His eyes turned dulled and frightened. His body trembled with the haunting memories. Was he seeing hallucinations or something? This isn't looking to well.

“ Tae Hyun you're not feeling well. Let's go to the hospital ok?” Kibum suggested.

“No!” He shrieked, “Don't! Leave me alone! I don't want to go back! No! No!” Tae Hyun wildly moved, but Kibum tried to get a hold of him.

“Tae Hyun! Tae Hyun! Listen to me! I'm not taking you back. I'm only taking you to the hospital.” The boy screeched louder than the black crows in the early morning.

“No! Let me go! Who are you?! You don't have the right to do anything to me. Don't touch me! AHH! It hurts! Stop!” He instantly shot out.

“I'm not touching you Tae Hyun! What is wrong?” The only response Kibum could get was another shriek.

“No! No more pain!”

“Tae-” Before Kibum could say another word, Tae Hyun sat upright by an instant and clutched onto Kibum's arms. His eyes were now enlarged with red veins bursting out of his eye socket. The veins on his neck and face jumped out of his skin. He panted rapidly with fear.

“I promise I won't do that again. I'll be good like how you want me to be. I-I don't want to feel the pain any more. Please don't. I'll do anything! Just don't...don't....don't...” Slowly, he began to mumble softer and softer. His eyes were now feeling heavy.

“Don't what?” Kibum wanted to know. But, his body was drawn back to the sofa by gravity. He sat lifelessly on the couch, falling into a deep sleep. Kibum sighed helplessly. It's no use to talk to him. He grabbed Tae Hyun legs and stretched them out on the sofa. He then went to his room and grab a huge blanket and covered the innocent boy up. He'd never seen Tae Hyun acted like this before. Such mood swings, he didn't understand.

The familiar scent rose once more to Kibum's nose. It captured his attention. He closed his eyes as he tried to familiarize this smell into his mind. This indeed was not a safe smell. In fact, it would be toxic if he smell a lot of it. Too much inhalation, it might him turn crazy as well.

“Drugs...what drugs was he using?” Kibum muttered to himself. How did he possessed these drugs?

 

************

The night had finally settled in and the sun was ready to glow luminously. The darken secrets behind the frighteningly night had once more hid itself in their own caves. Nevertheless, the day continued as usual. The early birds arise in the morning and attended their duties. It was such a day that they didn't realize would expect so much.

UKISS was in the dance room, training to get their choreography right. Even as secret agents, they still had to maintain their images as a boy band. They were practicing for their new comeback 0330. They had been for quite awhile now. After all, it'll be tomorrow that they'll have to perform live.

The members settled down for a break. After a few hours of intense training, they had to regain their energy. Sweat dripped through his hot bodies. They panted heavily for cold air to relieve them. Manager Shin then came strolling into their room.

“Good morning Boss.” They all stood to greeted him.

“I see you guys been practicing hard on your dance. Very good. I want absolute no mistakes when you guys go on stage.” He stated.

“Thank you for your encouragement. We will do our best.” Soo Hyun replied.

“You think I came all the way over here to give you guys some encouragements? You guys still haven't know me after all this time?” He jested. They all gave a slight chuckle.

“So why are you here Sir?” Kiseop asked.

“I came here to tell you guys some special news.” He gleamed. The moment he said that, the boys felt anxious. Such news can only mean one thing.

“What is it?” Hoon wondered. The man looked at the innocent young boys. He grinned.

“Now, listen closely,” He directed. The boys leaned in closer, “I want you guys to be extremely cautious tomorrow. There is a man, perhaps a few men with him, but he will be at the event tomorrow. His name is Shin Hyun Jin, he also go by the name of David. He's been known for human trafficking, kidnapping young boys and girls and selling them overseas. Over the past years, he been running around to many places around the world, making it difficult to capture him. We have investigated that he will be there at the event for another set of children. Your duty is to capture him. Do not let him out of your sight. Do you guys understand?” They all nodded in seriousness. Once a case been assigned to them, they will do their best to complete it with success.

“We'll do our best Sir.” Eli promised. The man just grunted at him. He tried not to show much, but Eli understood him. All has been forgiven; a new start for Eli. He was planning to not let this case slide like the recent cases. The determination in his eyes has never been more solemn.

“I'll leave this case into your hands. Do not let me down.” Mr. Shin glared at each one of them, then walked with ease. They all gathered together in a circle.

“Lets do our best you guys! Everyone is counting on us!” Soo Hyun inspired. They all smiled cheerfully at their leader. He put his hands faced down on the middle of the circle. One by one, each member placed their palms above his.

“1...2...3!” They lift their hands above to the ceiling rapid and high, “Go UKISS!”

 

************

After their practice, they were getting ready to head home. Soo Hyun, Kiseop, and Kevin was the first to leave. Then, Hoon and Eli walked off to their plans. Dong Ho looked over at AJ who was grabbing his bag to head out. He quickly rushed over to his hyung.

“Hyung!” Dong Ho uttered. AJ turned to look at him.

“What's up Dong Ho?”

“I need to talk to you privately.” He demanded.

“Why?” spoke AJ.

“Don't ask anymore. If you don't want me to tell everyone about the girl you been meeting up with.” He threatened. AJ's eyes quickly rose. So Dong Ho really did know. Ever since that day when Dong Ho had said he knew something about him, he'd been wondering the past few days what could that little boy had known, until now. He gulped as he gazed upon Dong Ho's face. His face has changed. It was those rare grave looks Dong Ho gave out.

They ended up at the roof of the company where no one would be able to hear them. The evening had a slight cold breeze to it. Yet, they ignore its coldness. For, some other matters were more important. They faced each other directly by a few feet away from one another.

“How long have you known this?” AJ asked.

“For quite a while now,” Dong Ho admitted, “How long did you expect us to be stupid and not realize it?”

“Its not that. I just...I don't want no one to know yet.”

“And when do you plan on telling us this Hyung?”

“I-” He stopped himself before saying anything any further. He couldn't think of any answer. He'd didn't realize anyone would find out so soon. AJ sighed as a response.

“You what?” Dong Ho asked.

“Forget it. There's no use in explaining.” He looked up to the skies. The sky was dark yet beautiful. There was a gentle touch to it that would spark up your heart. But in AJ's heart, he couldn't share the beauty of the night. Instead, there was only disappointment that grasped within. He knew sooner or later he'll have to face the truth soon.

“You know that we aren't allow to date.” Dong Ho reminded.

“I know!” AJ angrily shouted, “I...I know.” Then he whispered as softly as the gentle breeze. Dong Ho walked closer to him. He can see the sadness in AJ's eyes. His face now looked pale and stiff. He tried to not show a feeling he hid in himself for a long time now.
But as an actor, Dong Ho noticed. He peeked over AJ's gloomy face.

“What's wrong Hyung?” AJ tried shaking it off and turned away.

“I'm fine. Nothing is wrong.”

“Don't lie to me man. I can tell by how you look. There's something bothering you.” Dong Ho examined. AJ's back was now facing Dong Ho, He sighed sadly as he knew it was time to speak the truth. Dong Ho traveled over to see AJ's face once more. “If you don't tell me what's wrong I'm going to tell everyone about the girl.” He threatened.

“You really want to know the truth?” AJ pierced over at Dong Ho. His eyes were now cold and dead. He looked irritated. Dong Ho let a slight nod and listened closely. “Fine. I'll tell you.” AJ told. He took a few steps near to the edge of the company. AJ gazed over the city view. A secret he'd never told anyone; it was finally being revealed.

“I'd always concentrated on my education ever since I was young. I never worried anything else but it. I wanted to succeed. I wanted to be someone my parents will be proud of. And yes, in the end, I became what I always wanted. I got this great career I'd finally achieved for. I have many wonderful friends to be with. I live in home I always dreamed of. Everything I worked for had finally paid of. But...” He began with a smile. Dong Ho focused quietly as AJ told his story. He'd never heard of AJ telling his past before, not like this. It seem like a happy story although. He had achieved everything he had worked for. But, that wasn't the whole story yet. Then, the smile on AJ's face slipped away, “there was one thing I'd never had. One thing that I'd never searched for. A lover.

“I didn't think about it much at first. I just thought that having an education would be better than anything else. But as each year passes, I see so many people around me getting married. Their lives had started and here I am. Still a single person that never dated before. Still that person that never fell in love before. As a man, I never want to admit. But honestly, I wanted to know what its like to fall in love with a girl. To have a girl in your arms as you hold her tight, you know? Its only recently that I tried to make myself a little bit flirty and open. But eh, who would want a guy who knows nothing about relationships? Every girl wants someone that know what they're doing to keep the relationship happy right? I know that I wouldn't be that kind of a guy for any girl.

“But that day, the day that I met Hwa Young, it made me so happy. I'd never had such close relationship with a girl I barely knew. I didn't what it was, but I was just felt so happy being with her. Every time I tried sneaking out to see her, its just like I'm in a whole new world. Its different being with her. Now, I know that we aren't suppose to date. As a secret agent, we shouldn't let anything get to us. I just want to have that feeling over and over again. That's why I been always sneaking over to see her. I don't plan on dating her, because I know I'll end up breaking both of our hearts. As much I want to tell her how much I adore her and how much I want to date her, I know that it isn't possible. Besides, she just probably think of me as a friend. After all, we barely see each other. I want things to be like this for awhile. I just don't want to let this feeling go. Ever.” He ended with a slight sigh, trying to hold in a part of his tear. Dong Ho walked over to AJ. He lightly patted on AJ's shoulder. Dong Ho never seen this side of AJ before. A love he yearned for, it was something everyone always wanted. Even he himself was a bit jealous seeing other people holding hands, but it wasn't important to him at the moment. It was for AJ though. Dong Ho too sighed.

“I understand. Don't think too much Hyung. I'm pretty sure you'll find that love you always wanted.” AJ didn't want to say anything. He didn't want to put his hopes up. There was already so much disappointment he knew that would come in the future. He just nodded towards Dong Ho's reply. AJ glanced over at Dong Ho who's now looked sincere.

“So now you know everything. So what did you wanted to tell me in the first place?” He wondered. Now it was Dong Ho's turn to gulp. There he is, just in front of his eyes. All he had to do was open his mouth and said those words he been meaning to say. It was that easy. Tell him about Hwa Young. Tell him what he heard that yesterday. Just say it.

“I wanted to say...that I won't tell anyone about your secret.” He lied. In his Hyung's eyes, he cannot let anymore disappointment crush his heart. His dreams and hopes was just to great to be tossed down by a few words. Dong Ho realized how much AJ wanted to fell in love. Now, he had. It would been hard to see AJ's heart broken into pieces. Maybe it'll be best to leave things how it is. A lie will do for now. Technically, it wasn't a lie anyways. He hadn't plan on telling to anyone.

AJ lifted up a smile over to the little boy. He breathed out in relief. AJ grabbed Dong Ho's shoulder gladly.

“Thanks man. I really appreciated it.” He thanked. Dong Ho just pulled up a smile as well, even though he wanted to say so much more. He swallowed his saliva nervously. He was stuck between to sides: telling the truth, or breaking a friend's heart.

 

 

------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading^^ comments & subscribes? Have an awesome day!