Chapter Eight

What If Cheating Has A Sensible Reason

 

While they were in front of the office door Minji gave a glare to the two and went on her way. When Minji was completely gone Sheila suddenly burst into laughter while they were walking away too.

 

"Why are you laughing?", asked Seoyun with a wide smile.

 

"Nice story you made there!", Sheila answered while giving a soft punch to Seoyun's shoulders.

 

"What story?", Seoyun asked.

 

"You made a story to let her pay you her debt that doesn't even exist!", said Sheila as she continued laughing.

 

Seoyun laughed with her too. "I think I made that story out of luck only.", said Seoyun while Sheila stopped laughing to listen.

 

"It doesn't matter!", Sheila replied. "At least she gets to pay you with money!", Sheila laughed again.

 

Seoyun laughed with her too. 'Wow. Sheila isn't all that girly after all. She's just a typical and simple girl like me.'

 

They were still walking together until Jae so them laughing. Sheila and Seoyun didn't actually notice that he was there at first but then Jae approached them. He looks confused. 'I thought there was something wrong between them that's why they were went to the office. How come it seems like there's nothing? "What are you laughing about?", Jae asked in a low voice.

 

Seoyun and Sheila found this funny so they laughed. Jae looked at them weirdly wondering what's the humor.

 

"Man, I just can't stop laughing!", said Seoyun.

 

"Babe, you see.... It's a long story.", said Sheila with a chuckle as she clung on Jae's arm.

 

Seoyun can't deny that she felt jealous of Sheila's actions but she managed to brush it away and smiled at them.

 

"Do you mind if you would tell me the reason why you're laughing?", asked Jae to Sheila.

 

Seoyun suddenly remembered that her next class will be soon. She looked at her watch to make sure. "Oops. I have to go my next class. I will see you guys next time. Bye!", Seoyun left as she turned her back to them waving her hand. They parted ways then.

 

'I wonder if Seoyun is okay.

She doesn't seem to be affected anymore.

I think she has gotten used to this already that she doesn't care anymore.

Oh no.

Please don't let things like this happen.

I still love Seoyun.

And she still loves me, right?', Jae's thoughts were anxious.

 

Sheila was still clinging on Jae's arm while walking. Jae listened to Sheila telling him the story. ".... We were just talking and then a girl who came from behind me suddenly spilled juice to Seoyun on purpose.", said Sheila.

 

'Hold on.

What?!

Who would spill juice to Seoyun?!

Why would she do that?!

How I wish I was there to save Seoyun from that girl!', Jae thought really concerned about Seoyun.

 

"....but Seoyun didn't say anything back to the girl so I stood up for her.", Sheila continued.

 

"You stood up for her?", Jae asked surprised.

 

"Yes!", said Sheila with a smile. "And guess what I did?", Sheila smirked.

 

"I don't know. What?", replied Jae.

 

"Not that I'm proud of spilling juice to someone but Minji deserves it.", said Sheila.

 

'Minji?! I remember her. I'm pretty sure Seoyun has mentioned her to me before. But I can't recall.', Jae thought.

 

"So I stood up from my seat and spilled the juice on her. I guess she deserves it. Seoyun wasn't doing anything wrong anyway.", said Sheila.

 

'How surprising. Sheila stood up for Seoyun. I'm glad she was there to defend Seoyun when I wasn't around.', with that Jae smiled.

 

"....Minji was so shocked because she wasn't expecting anyone like me would spill juice to herself.", told Sheila. Then she laughed. "She was like 'who are you?' then I replied to her with the same question then....", Sheila continued to tell the story.

 

Jae understood the whole scene that happened in the cafeteria earlier. 'Maybe I should talk to Seoyun later and ask her why Minji acted rudely to her.'

 

After the day Seoyun went to her dorm. At night she finished her works and all. When it was her free time Yoona went to her dorm at the right timing. "Hey... I'm here again!", said Yoona.

 

Seoyun smiled as she lied down at Soo Hee's bed which is below hers.

 

"So what's the news?", asked Yoona excitedly as she ran to Seoyun and sat down beside her. "I heard that you had a fight in the cafeteria earlier.

 

"Oh that...", Seoyun sighed still lying on the bed. "It wasn't really a fight. It was just Minji being stubborn as usual.", Seoyun rolled her eyes.

 

Yoona's eyes became wider. "What?!", she yelled.

 

"Shhh!!!!!!", said Seoyun as she kept her index finger in front of her own lips. "The others are sleeping already."

 

"What the he-?! But I thought Minji's gone already. She came back?", Yoona slightly yelled. She couldn't believe that Minji's back. "Damn it... I really dislike her. And now she's back.", Yoona sighed sadly.

 

Seoyun sighed too. Seoyun flashed back to the past:

 

It was the beauty pageant contest last school year. Seoyun doesn't really want to join but because of Yoona's request she did. Minji got jealous because everyone was amazed of Seoyun even during the rehearsals and practices. I guess her simple talents are just really amazing.

Minji told and promised everyone that she will beat Seoyun in the contest. The night the pageant has started, Minji has set up something for Seoyun that once she steps on the stage she would slip.

Seoyun did slip everyone was shocked but they still cheered for Seoyun and that encouraged herself to stand back up and smile. Then the contest continued smoothly for her.

Minji got madder when she found out that Seoyun won.

After a while, someone has discovered that it was Minji's fault why Seoyun slipped at the stage in front of everyone. She was sent to the office with Seoyun. Then after a few days Minji suddenly left the school and eventually disappeared.

 

'But now that she's back, what could Minji possibly do to ruin my life.', thought Seoyun.

 

"So Seoyun,", Yoona changed the topic. "How are you with Jaehyun?", Yoona wriggled her eyebrows and made a big grin.

 

'Oh yea.... I actually forgot about him. I guess I was used to Sheila always being with him that I never felt like he wasn't my boyfriend.', thought Seoyun. "I don't know.", exclaimed Seoyun.

 

"What do you mean you don't know?!", replied Yoona.

 

At that night Jae visited Seoyun's dorm. Soo Hee was in the living room playing with her phone minding her own business until the doorbell rang. She was the one to answer the door since Mirae and Reumi were already sleeping. 'Who could that probably be? It can't be Yoona. She's in the room with Seoyun.', thought Soo Hee. So she looked to the peephole to make sure the person who knocked can be trusted. 'Oh, it's just Jae.', she thought.

 

Soo Hee opened the door. She had no expression in her face.

 

"Hi, Soo Hee!", Jae greeted.

 

Soo Hee replied with a light smile.

 

"Is Seoyun there?", Jae asked.

 

"Yup. She's in her room with Yoona. Come in.", said Soo Hee in her low voice. She led Jae to Seoyun's room.

 

As Jae entered there was a short aisle and somewhere in the middle of the aisle there was a door at the right side leading to the bathroom. Walking further he saw the kitchen at the left side. Still walking further, he passed by a couch. In front of it was a small glass table on a green mat. There were two wooden doors beside each other. Soo Hee knocked on the left door and opened it. Standing outside the room Jae saw a bunk bed. He can also see Yoona and Seoyun talking.

 

When Seoyun saw Jae she suddenly rose up from lying down. "Jae! What are you doing here?", she yelled in shock but a little bit quiet for the others not to wake up from their sleep.

 

"Speaking of which...", mumbled Yoona.

 

"I came to visit you. We haven't been talking as couples anymore these past few days.", said Jae still standing beside the door with his hands in his pockets.

 

"Oh.", Seoyun sighed. There was an awkward silence for a while.

 

Yoona stood up. "Well I guess you guys need privacy.", she smiled. She walked out the door and stood beside Soo Hee who was still standing there.

 

Jae walked in.

 

Yoona closed the door but her face was still showing. "Good night! Have fun, you guys!", then Yoona completely closed the door and finally left.

 

'What does Jae want to tell me now...'

 

 


 

Author's note:

Nothing much happened in this chapter. Honestly.

But you guys better remember the flashback about Minji because she plays a big role in the story.

Next chapter will be fluffy. (I think?)

Mehe~ idk. Bbyee.