Chapter Three

What If Cheating Has A Sensible Reason

 

"There's a girl I met in the States...", stated Jae. "I'm not sure if you would understand 'cause it's hard to explain."

 

Seoyun acted calmly and she doesn't wanna be mad at Jae. But inside she feels hurt 'cause she thinks that Jae cheated on her while he was away.

 

"Her name is Kim Sheila. She has an abnormality caused by the death of her father. She's really sad and lonely most of the time. She likes me a lot and unfortunately I'm the only person who can make her feel better. My parents talked to me about that and convinced me too just make her my girlfriend. For her sake, I have to accept. I didn't want to cheat on you either, so I decided to leave the States to avoid Sheila so she could just forget about me. But unfortunately, she couldn't really get over it so she went here to Korea to follow me and what's worse is that I just discovered this morning that she also studies in this school.", Jae explained clearly to Seoyun.

 

Seoyun trembled but didn't want to show Jae. Now, she doesn't know what to say. She's speechless. Silence stayed between for quite a while.

 

Seoyun saw Yoona waving behind. Jae noticed Seoyun was looking away. He looked to the direction where Seoyun was looking at, and he too saw Yoona waving.

 

Then, Yoona walked to them. "Hey guys! Can I join you?", asked Yoona while standing beside their table holding a tray.

 

"Oh sure! Do you have to ask that?", said Seoyun while smiling at Yoona trying to act like nothing's wrong.

 

Yoona then sat at the chair beside Seoyun and placed her tray at the table. Jae looked unhappy because he was sad now that Seoyun heard his confession and now she has to cope with it but Yoona didn't notice it because Seoyun pretended to be alright and happy anyway.

 

"So what's up? Did you couples enjoy the day?", Yoona smirked while she wriggled her eyebrows.

 

No one answered her but Seoyun was just grinning looking at Yoona eating a burger.

 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?", asked Yoona to Seoyun.

 

"I thought you're on diet?", asked Seoyun while slapping Yoona's shoulders.

 

"Ouch!", yelled Yoona while rubbing her shoulders.

 

Jae chuckled a bit with their actions.

 

"Look you made Jae laugh at you.", said Yoona while pointing at Jae and chewing her burger.

 

"No, he's not! He's laughing at YOU!", Seoyun corrected Yoona.

 

"Oh really? Let's see about that.", said Yoona to Seoyun while raising her eyebrow. Then she turned to Jae who is slightly smiling of the two. "Jae, who are you laughing at?", asked Yoona to Jae.

 

Jae chuckled to Yoona because the ketchup of the burger that she's eating went to her face.

 

Seoyun face-palmed for Yoona. "Yoona, clean your face.", Seoyun said to her while chuckling and offering her a tissue.

 

"Oops~ sorry!", Yoona felt a bit embarrassed as she wiped the ketchup of her face.

 

They were having a good time until Sheila suddenly approached Jae coming from behind him. "Jae!!!", called Sheila as she sat down beside Jae.

 

Jae was a bit nervous. Seoyun kept calm. While Yoona was confused as she stared at Sheila. "Who are you?", Yoona asked boldly. Why wouldn't she? A stranger joining them at their table.

 

"Oh Jae, so you made friends that fast! Can you introduce them to me? I don't really have friends in this school yet.", Sheila innocently requested Jae.

 

Jae sighed a bit. "They are my close friends for a long time already. Lee Yoona and Park Seoyun.", said Jae to Sheila while faking a smile.

 

Sheila was sticking too close to Jae tucking her hands in Jae's arm. You can now say that Seoyun and Yoona's first impression of Sheila is that she sticks too much to Jae.

 

"Oh hi! Seoyun and Yoona!", Sheila greeted cheerfully.

 

Seoyun smiled back. But Yoona was still confused. "Jae, who is she?", asked Yoona for the second time.

 

"This is Kim Sheila.", answered Jae.

 

"Yup! I'm his girlfriend.", said Sheila smiling with her eyes closed.

 

Yoona was weirded out in shock. "Uhh... Excuse me but..", said Yoona to Sheila then pointed to Seoyun. "Seoyun happens to be Jae's gir-". Yoona was interrupted by Seoyun who secretly kicked her foot under the table. "Ouch.", whispered Yoona.

 

Seoyun gave Yoona a glare.

 

"What is it you're saying?", asked Sheila. She didn't understand Yoona.

 

"She just said 'excuse me' because she wants to go to the comfort room for a while.", Seoyun pretended.

 

"I do?", Yoona whispered to Seoyun still confused. "Oh yah! Yes, yes. I have to. You know... Nature's call. Heheh.", said Yoona as she finally realized what Seoyun meant feeling embarrassed. She stood up, took her burger and gave a glare to Seoyun.

 

"Oh sure. It's okay! I don't mind.", said Sheila.

 

Yoona walked away while eating her food then went to the toilet."Pfft! Comfort room... Nature's call?!? Why did I even say that!? It's so embarrassing! Seoyun owes me one for this!", Yoona muttered to herself.

She went to the toilet to check it and it was full. "Damn it.... The comfort room is full... But nature's calling me already! Wait, what? Am I teasing myself again? And wha~ Why do I keep talking to myself like this?", she muttered again. She went out the toilet still muttering to herself.

 

She finished her burger just now and tried to shoot it too the trash bin which is a meter away from her. But... Unfortunately it just hit someone else's head. Yoona gave a gasp to herself feeling regretful of throwing the wrapper.

 

The guy that Yoona hit who was passing by the trash bin actually turns out to be Jay-Jay. He picked the wrapper up and looked where the wrapper came from.

 

"I'm sorry!", Yoona yelled for him to hear.

 

Jay-Jay just gave a glare with a somewhat expressionless face and threw the wrapper into the trash bin. Then left just like that.

 

Yoona was surprised with his actions. "What a queer dude!", said Yoona with a weirded out face. "Wow... Did I just say queer? Haha! Such a deep word to say!", Yoona continued talking to herself again.

 

While Yoona was away, Seoyun and Sheila were talking like close friends. Jae was just listening to their conversations with worries of them to have a conflict since they're both his girlfriends. But Seoyun acted as if she isn't affected. She pretended that she wasn't Jae's girlfriend but just a good friend of him. That made Jae feel like he really owes a lot to Seoyun with what she did.

 

"Are you and Jae childhood friends?", Sheila asked a lot of questions to Seoyun about Jae.

 

"Well, kinda. I mean we're classmates in elementary and middle school but we weren't that close back then..."

 

"Really?! Haha! That's too bad I wanted to ask you what crazy things Jae must have done when he was younger.", Sheila chuckled.

 

Seoyun chuckled too. "Haha. Actually there was this one time.... He joined a singing competition! He sang really well but I discovered that before he performed for the competition he cried because of his nervousness!", Seoyun laughed and as well as Sheila.

 

Jae felt embarrassed with what Seoyun was telling to Sheila.

 

"What grade was that?", Asked Sheila as she continued laughing.

 

"6th!", Seoyun answered.

 

They kept laughing then Yoona finally came back. "Why are you both laughing so hard?", she asked very eager to find out why.

 

"So what did nature have to say?", Seoyun teasingly told her.

 

Jae suddenly smiled.

 

"Stop it.", said Yoona while rolling her eyes feeling very upset as she sat down beside Seoyun.

 

"We were just talking about Jae's embarrassing moments when he was younger.", Sheila chuckled.

 

"Really, what happened?", asked Yoona.

 

"Shhh!!! Don't tell her please!", Jae begged Sheila.

 

"Awww.", sighed Yoona in disappointment. "It's so unfair. I never get to listen to the story.", she pouted.

 

"Oh, I have to leave now! I still have one more class.", said Sheila as she stood up. "Oh and Yoona! That's okay! Don't be sad.", Sheila tried to cheer her up. "We can talk about it again next time.", she wriggled her eyebrows.

 

Yoona chuckled. "So where's your next class?", asked Yoona.

 

Sheila took her schedule from her hand bag. "At room D-13.", she replied.

 

"Oh, wait! Let me check my schedule.", Yoona looked for her schedule in her hand bag and found it quickly. "Hey! We have the same class!", she yelled in surprised.

 

"Then that's great! We can talk about that story Seoyun and I have been laughing about while walking to our room!", said Sheila.

 

"Right! So let's go together.", Yoona stood up with her hand bag and walked to Sheila.

 

'Oh no. I hope Yoona won't mention anything about me and Jae.', thought Seoyun while Jae thought the same thing as well.

 

"We're leaving you now! Bye, Jae! Bye, Seoyun. See you!", said Sheila waving her hands as she walked away with Yoona.

 

When they were completely gone Seoyun gave a very deep sigh. "I'm so tired already!", complained Seoyun as she stretched her arms.

 

"I'm sorry.", Jae apologized sadly.

 

"For what?", asked Seoyun even if she thinks she knows the answer.

 

"About Sheila. You wouldn't have to be struggling like this if I never even met her.", replied Jae.

 

"Well, it's okay. Can't you see I'm actually fine!", Seoyun pretended.

 

"Seoyun, please don't act like you're alright even if you don't want what's happening.", demanded Jae.

 

"I'm alright!", Seoyun insisted.

 

"I'm fine! Really! Can't you understand?!", Seoyun yelled at him annoyed. She felt regretful that she said that to Jae in an angry manner. "I'm sorry. I just don't want you to feel bad just because you think I feel bad too. I don't feel bad at all. Really. In fact I feel the same way you do with Sheila. Compassionate.", explained Seoyun.

 

Jae stood up and sat beside her. He hugged her really tight. Seoyun hugged him back. "I'll make it up to you. I promise.", said Jae in a soft voice.

 

"You don't really have to.", insisted Seoyun.

 

"But I want to.", said Jae as they stopped hugging each other.

 

"Oh c'mon! Let's just go back to our dorms and take some rest!", suggested Seoyun.

 

"Okay. I'll drop you there.", replied Jae.

 

The two talked as they walked to the dorm. "What's your dorm number?", asked Seoyun.

 

"H-10.", answered Jae. "How 'bout yours?", he asked.

 

"G-01.", Seoyun answered.

 

They reached Seoyun's dorm. Then, greeted each other a goodbye.