Chapter Seven

What If Cheating Has A Sensible Reason

 

Seoyun and Sheila quickly went to Seoyun's dorm. Sheila tried to help Seoyun feel better. As soon as Seoyun finished dressing up, they immediately went to the same class.

 

Meanwhile, Minji was so mad at them that she reported it to the office.

 

When Seoyun and Sheila finished their class, they went out bringing their bags.

 

While walking, Sheila curiously asked Seoyun what happened in the cafeteria. She actually couldn't get over what happened in the cafeteria that she kept thinking about in class."Seoyun, what's with the girl in the cafeteria earlier?", she asked. "She's so mean to us! Why?", she continued.

 

Seoyun gave a sigh. "Minji has been mean to me ever since we met. And it's for a stupid reason.", answered Seoyun. "She doesn't like people like me. You know... those average people at the bottom of the popularity scale.", Seoyun continued.

 

Sheila scowled because of Minji's stupid reason. "What?! That's really rude. She shouldn't be choosing friends just because she's at the top."

 

"I know right. But she's really stubborn. I wish I could tell her that but don't even expect her to listen to you.", Seoyun replied.

 

"Don't worry, Seoyun. We won't let her do such things to you again.", Sheila encouraged Seoyun.

 

Seoyun looked down. She gave a sigh and smiled. "If we could.", said Seoyun.

 

Sheila stopped Seoyun from walking as she blocked her way. She grabbed Seoyun's shoulders and said "Don't lose hope." Then Sheila hugged Seoyun.

 

Seoyun softened at Sheila as she hgged her back.

'Why is Sheila so nice to me?

I don't think I deserve to be treated this way by her

after all the bad things I thought about her.'

"I'm really thankful to have a friend like you.", Seoyun told Sheila.

 

Sheila smiled.

 

While they were hugging the guidance coordinator, Mrs. Sooji called them. "Sheila and Seoyun!", she yelled from a meter away.

 

Sheila looked back while Seoyun saw that Mrs. Sooji was calling them.

 

Mrs. Sooji walked nearer to them. "The principal and I want to talk to you. Please come to the office with me.", said Mrs. Sooji.

 

They went to the principal's office. When they entered the door, Jae who was just walking near the principal's office saw them. 'What happened to them? I hope it's nothing bad.' , thought Jae. He was worried about Sheila and Seoyun.

 

Sheila and Seoyun entered the office and saw Minji sitting there.Then, Sheila and Seoyun sat beside each other in front of the principal's desk facing Minji.

 

"Could someone tell me what happened in the cafeteria earlier?", Mr. Seungyu, the principal, asked.

 

"Sir, these two girls spilled juice to me on purpose.", said Minji.

 

"Actually, sir, I was the only one who spilled juice besides Minji. Seoyun didn't really do anything bad.", replied Sheila. "But she started it.", Sheila pointed to Minji.

 

"What?!", yelled Minji in shock. "I didn't start it! It's all Seoyun's fault. She was the one who started it!", she continued yelling. 'But Seoyun really started it! If she never had embarrassed me in the contest before none of these would have happened.', she thought very mad at Seoyun.

 

"No, Seoyun didn't! You were the one who started it! Seoyun and I were talking peacefully until you spilled juice on us!", Sheila defended themselves.

 

"Okay. Girls stop it. Quiet please!", the principal tried to stop them.

 

Then the two kept quiet.

 

The principal turned to Seoyun who stayed quiet the whole time. She was just looking down the floor, sad.

 

"Ms. Seoyun, do you have anything to say?", asked the principal to Seoyun.

 

"I.... Uhhh...", Seoyun stuttered not knowing what to say. She gave a gulp. Everyone was staring intensely at her. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault.", said Seoyun sadly.

 

Sheila dropped her jaw while Minji smirked. "See, sir. I told you so!", said Minji while raising an eyebrow.

 

Sheila felt disappointed.

'Seoyun?! What are you saying?!

I'm trying to defend ourselves and now you're just going to lie.

Just like that?'

 

"I'm glad you admitted, Seoyun.", said Mr. Seungyu. "Now, please tell me the whole story.", he continued.

 

Seoyun was looking down. Then, she gave a quick look to Sheila who looks disappointed of Seoyun.

'Sheila probably hates me now.

I'm sorry, Sheila.

I think it would just be better to do this.'

Seoyun gave a sigh. "Sir, I- uh. Uhmm....", Seoyun continued to stutter as she tried to think of a different story to cover the truth. "Sheila and I were talking then I saw Minji.", replied Seoyun. "I remembered that she owed me 25,000 won. So I approached her while I was bringing my drink. She said that she still couldn't. I got impatient so I spilled her juice.", said Seoyun while she was shaking.

 

"Ms. Seoyun, I'm pretty sure Minji and you have already made up from your last year's fight. And now you are starting it again?", said Mr. Seungyu.

 

"I know, sir. That's why I'm really sorry. I got carried away by my impatience. Please, let's just start over again!", said Seoyun while she looked at Mr. Seungyu.

 

"Ms. Seoyun, you know that what you did was kind of immature. You shouldn't have done that. But as for now I'm going to give the both of you another chance. But the next time you will do that I'm gonna have to do something about your attitude.", said the principal.

 

"Yes, sir. I will do my best to avoid trouble.", said Seoyun in a low voice bowing her head.

 

The principal turned to Minji. "And Minji, please pay your debt to Seoyun immediately.", said the principal.

 

Minji's jaw dropped. She doesn't really even have a debt to Seoyun. She couldn't do anything to change the story that Seoyun made, because if she did the truth will be uncovered so she just nodded her head.

 

"Ok. I will dismiss the three of you but make sure none of these things would happen again. Understand?", said Mr. Seungyu.

 

"Yes sir.", the three said together.

 

"Sheila and Seoyun, you won't start a fight anymore. Would you?", asked the principal to make sure.

 

"No, we won't sir.", Sheila and Seoyun answered in unison.

 

Mr. Seungyu turned to Minji. "Minji, make sure to pay your debt to Seoyun. A debt is a debt. If I find out that you haven't payed the money you owe to her until the next semester you're gonna have to meet me in the office again. Do you get it?", asked the principal.

 

"Pay her next semester?!, yelled Minji.

 

"Why, Minji? Is there a problem?", asked the pricipal.

 

"Nothing, sir.", Minji answered in hesitation.

 

Then the three exited the office.

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Lawl. What chapter is this?!

I'm out.

Kbye.