Chapter One

What If Cheating Has A Sensible Reason

 

 

Park Seoyun is her name. And it's just a night away until her boyfriend Jaehyun comes back. She couldn't wait to see him tomorrow at the university where she studies.

 

Seoyun invited Yoona, her bestfriend to help her bake crinkles for Jae's arrival. 

"Make sure it's just the right taste!" Seoyun told Yoona, prodding freshly baked crinkles. 

 

"Ok, ok! Why are you so worried? And plus, I don't really know if the taste of the crinkles are his type. You check if it's the right taste!" Yoona replied.

 

Seoyun took a crinkle from the plate and tasted it. "It's great! Thanks. You want some?" She asked while trying to chew down the heavenly pastry. 

 

"Tsk, nevermind. I feel very shy. I might eat everything and have nothing left for your boyfriend!" said Yoona sarcastically.

 

Seoyun chuckled. "Just take a few. I'm pretty sure there will be enough for him. And we can still make more if you want since the ingredients I bought were too much."

 

"No!" Yoona insisted. "Baking crinkles with you is so tiring!", Yoona continued and mocked teasingly.

 

"Oh! So what does that suppose to mean?" Seoyun jokingly asked her bestfriend. 

 

Yoona laughed and replied. "Don't worry I was just kidding!"

 

They chatted and laughed for the night teasing each other like the way normal bestfriends would. After a long while, Yoona went back to her dorm.

 

The next day has come! The day Seoyun's been longing for! She couldn't actually wait to wake up that she just waited for the alarm clock to ring. She immediately went to the bahroom to take a bath. She picked out the best clothes she could wear and made sure she looked pretty even without make-up. Make-up is just not her passion. Then, she applied her favorite cologne on to smell nice. She took the crinkles she made and ate a bubble gum.

 

Jae had actually been in Korea since yesterday, but he just came home from America so he needs to rest for at least a night so he could come to school exactly at the first day of the semester. It has actually been a year and a half since he left Seoyun for America but they never lost communication with each other. And just the time that Jae arrived at Korea yesterday, he texted Seoyun to keep her updated. Unfortunately, Seoyun couldn't go to the airport and just meet Jae there. The airport is too far away and she promised her parents that she won't go too far from the university.

 

It's already 7:40 and only 10 minutes before Jae arrives at the school. So Seoyun went down stairs to meet him at the entrance. She bought the crinkles. While walking she texted Yoona to ask if she wants to come with her to finally meet Jae again after a long time. When she reached the entrance Jae wasn't there yet because it was still a bit early. Yoona texted her back saying that she will be there in a couple of minutes. A few minutes, later Jae finally arrived.

 

They were both happy to see each other again. Jae just smiled of happiness because Seoyun was there to meet him at the entrance. He hugged her saying "I missed you."

 

"Me too." Seoyun said while hugging him back.

 

The two were still hugging each other until Yoona said, "Jae, you're back! How are you? You know what, Seoyun keeps talking about you while you were away. She clearly missed and loves you so much."

 

The two replied her with a little chuckle and smile. "Jae, we made something for you!" Seoyun exclaimed while handing him over the crinkles they made.

 

"Uhmm, not really. I mean she made that by herself with only a little of my help.", Yoona corrected Seoyun but of course she was lying. So Seoyun gave a glare to Yoona. "Okay fine! I helped her a lot with those.", Yoona admitted while pointing at the crinkles. "But what I'm trying to say is that most of the credit comes from Seoyun."

 

"Wow. Thanks.", Jae took the crinkles from Seoyun and asked, "Are these donuts?"

 

"Those are crinkles." Seoyun smiled.

 

"Oh. So these are the ones you've been telling me online. You said that they are tasty! Hmm, I guess I'll have to find out if it's true.", replied Jae.

 

"Of course those are tasty! Seoyun baked that with her love." Yoona teased.

 

Then, the couple laughed again.

 

They finally went inside the campus then to the cafeteria. They all ate and finished the crinkles there. "So how were the crinkles?", asked Seoyun.

 

"You're right. They are tasty." Jae said with a wide smile.

 

"Hey, since it's your first time to be in this university maybe Seoyun should tour you around here.", said Yoona.

 

"I think you should come with us too, Yoona", replied Seoyun.

 

"Nah.. I'm kind of busy. And you should spend some time on your own with each other.", insisted Yoona.

 

The bell rang. "Oh. You see.. the bell rang already! Bye!", said Yoona as she stood up waving her hand as she left.

 

"Don't you have any class?", asked Jae to Seoyun.

 

"I still have more than an hour before my first class starts. So can I tour you now?"

 

"Of course! Sure!"

 

After touring Jae, they went to the quiet part of the university, the library. They both whispered softly to each other for communication. Sitting down in front of the table while reading, Jae wanted to tell something to Seoyun.

 

"Seoyun, can I tell you something really imporatant." asked Jae as she looked at Seoyun.

 

"Sure, what is it?" Seoyun replied  while flipping pages of the book she was reading. She thought that Jae was just going to tell her about the tour since it was their last topic.

 

"I wanted to tell you this for a long time ago but I think it would be better if I tell you personally. So here's my chance.", said Jae.

 

Seoyun was wrong about her thoughts to what Jae was actually going to ask her. Seoyun is trying not to feel nervous about what Jae is going to say. Is it bad news or good news?

 

The bell suddenly rang, signalling Seoyun's first class. She gasped and stood up to fix the table."Oops!  didn't realize the time!", 

 

"Shh!", warned Jae.

 

"Oops! Sorry again!", she whispered while raising her shoulders. She returned the books back to their place quickly then went back to Jae. "So what is it that you wanna tell?", asked Seoyun.

 

"I'll just tell you next time when you're not busy." Jae answered .

 

"Okay then. Bye-bye!" said Seoyun with a wave and smile which Jae returned.

 

As Seoyun went to her first class she kept thinking about what Jae was going to say to her. Something important. She couldn't focus her self to the lesson  that the teacher is discissing to them.

 

'Oh no, Seoyun!

Get it together.

Don't worry about what Jae's going to say.

Just concentrate to the lesson.'

 

She told herself. She tried to distract herself from what Jae said so she could only focus on the lesson. And, luckily, it did work. 

 

After the first period, she went to the rest of her class but she didn't see Jae on her way to the different classrooms.

 

Meanwhile, Jae was in the office taking his schedule for the weekdays. Then, he bumped to a girl he met back in the States.