A Close Call

My Hate Makes Me Love You

“Kris I’ve had enough of your childish games!” you whine and continue to try and push the fat lump out of the way but just like all the other times it was still failing.

“___ I could stay here all night, you’re not getting out unless you do one or the other” Kris says shrugging his shoulders and with that you give up pushing him.

“You’re one messed up child” you grumble as you look around for an alternative escape route but unlucky for you there where not even any windows in the bathroom, probably why is stunk so much. There was graffiti all over the walls; the janitor must have given up on cleaning this dump a while back. ‘Why me? Out of all the people in the world… why me’ you sigh as you look back at Kris “I hate you so much” you say clearly, looking straight into those harsh, yet soft eyes of his.

“___ Look, stop and get to it. Clean my face already” Kris states as he points to one of the sinks. The sink had soap scum all inside and around it. Also the sinks were filled with soggy bits of toilet roll.

“Have you seen how dirty it is in here Kris? Don’t you want to be at least cleaned up with something clean?” ‘And why am I taking his hygiene into consideration? He deserves it!’

“I don’t care as long as I don’t have this pen; you so kindly scribbled all over my face” you sigh and give up on trying to get out of this horrible situation. You walk over to the huge tissue roll dispenser that was handing from the call and pull out clumps of tissue from the roll, walking over to the sink and getting some of it damp. Sighing sadly again you walk over to Kris and shoot him a blank look. “Crouch down then” and with that he obediently reduced his height. ‘Damn you Kris wu. I don’t know how but you always manage to make me give up’ you started to dab the tissue against the pen marks on his face, removing them. As you cleaned him up you couldn’t help but notice his handsome features once again ‘I hate you so much but yet there is something inside of me that never wants you to leave and never wants you to stop bothering… it’s so annoying… I hate it… I hate you Kris wu’

“Remember to get everything. I don’t want you to just do a rough job” his low voice rumbled as he smoke to you, trying to avoid eye contact with you to prevent it becoming awkward like last time. Though every time he knew you were turning to the sink to get a new bit of tissue he would steal a glance. After what seemed like an eternity you were finally done.

“There you go. Can I leave now? I need to get home” you roll your eyes. Kris grabs your wrists and drags you over to the mirror with him to make sure you wouldn’t escape. He leaned forward and examined his face in the smeared mirror.

“mhmm” he makes sure every single bit of pen was gone, which it was. You glanced down at his hands on your wrists. They were huge. One hand could probably hold both of your wrists with ease. “Ok, you did a good job” he suddenly speaks causing you to jump out of your daydream and look up at him.

“Let me go then?” and with that he did which surprised you. ‘Is there a catch to this?” you stare at him for a little before running out of the room. You continued to run away until you were outside of the school grounds, only then you realised it was getting dark out. You hated it when it was dark because you remembered all the story’s that Chen told you about the creepers that lurk in the dark. You were so terrified that you even thought about turning back and find Kris so you wouldn’t be alone but you didn’t want to look stupid. You froze in the spot looking around your surroundings. You didn’t know why but there was an eerie feel to the area and you had chill as if someone was behind you, breathing down on your neck. You take in a deep breath and grip onto your bag straps. “I’ve got to get home” you take a long breath out and start to take a few step forwards, constantly looking behind you. You hated walking home even in the day because you had to walk through a bunch of alleys.

You turned down to walk through the first set of alleyways. As you stepped inside you heard a loud breath, what was almost a sigh from behind you. Being on edge you instantly span around to find nothing was there. “Ok ____. You’re imagining things…” you assure yourself as you turn back around and keep proceeding home but as you only took a few more steps back you herd it again, looking behind you, there was still nothing. ‘Ok…. This is just getting creepy...” and with that you sped up you pace, you heard footsteps behind you. Scared you start to speed up when more, the breathing got heavier and the footsteps also got quicker. Someone defiantly was following you. You ran for your life out of the alley and out the road looking for any pedestrians you could run to for help but there was nobody, you began to panic.

“___!!!!” You hear a familiar voice yell your voice out and suddenly you were pulled strongly until you hit someone’s chest. It was Kris. You were whining out of pure fright as you looked at him, he was glaring at something as he held you protectively in his arms. You followed his eyes and coming out of the alley you just ran from was a suspicious old guy wearing all black looking you up and down.  He had that twisted look in his eye as he hesitantly walked in an opposite direction. “You were so close are you ok?” Kris sighs and hugs you tightly and you respond with a nod. There was nothing you could say. Kris… just saved you. “I’m not letting you go home by yourself. You’re staying mine tonight” he looks at you seriously. Half scared to death you nod and grab onto his arm tightly, still looking behind you at the man who was still glancing at you and Kris, and waiting.

“Thank you so much. Kris” you let out a whimper and a sob as you hung onto his arm for dear life.

“Shh Shh its ok, You’re safe with me”