Chapter 13

My Hate Makes Me Love You

 

“Take a map from the post-box on your right and proceed to your first destination marked on the map” Kris read out the Chinese on the post as you entered the obstacle course. “Ah-hah over here!” Kris spotted the bright red post box and dragged you over to it. He turned the leaver which opened the flap to the post-box. He took out a map and turned to show it to you.

“We go this way” you pointed to a dirt track further into the woods. Kris then began to drag you in that direction causing the handcuff to rub against your skin. “Can you stop doing that it Hurts” you said as you jogged to the side of him so he wasn’t dragging you.

“Thanks for letting me know, I’ll do it more often” he mumbled searching the surrounding area for some sort of post-box or sign. “There!” he ran causing the handcuffs to scrape against your skin. You speeded up a little so that it wouldn’t hurt as much.

“Cross the thick mud to get the next challenge on the other side” he read out the note. “That’s easy!” he glanced at you. “You’re going first!” he pushed you towards the pit of mud.

“What! Why?!” you asked planting your heals in the floor so it prevented you from being pushed.

“I’m using you to check to see if its sinking mud” he simply replied now with both hands on your back and punshing you causing your arm to bend back in an awkward position making it feel as if your arm was going to break.

“KRIS! KRIS! MY ARM!!!” you yelled and he quickly pulled away. Letting out a sigh of relief you glared at him while rubbing your shoulder blade to sooth the pain. Kris just stood there staring at you while you continuously rubbed your shoulder.

“So long ers~” Chanyeol ran past giving his partner xiumin a piggy back. They darted across the mud and up on the bank on the other side.

“It looks like if we run fast over it we won’t get much mud on us” you said pointing to the ditch full of sloppy mud. Kris raised an eyebrow at you in confusion. He was being rather quiet compared what he is normally like.

“I’m not giving you a piggy back” Kris looked over to the ditch of mud.

“No! just on the count of three run as fast as you can across it”

“What about you? You fat you can’t run across it. You were raised in it” Kris chuckled and you kicked his shin. “WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!?” he yelled.

“For being a jerk!” you tugged your handcuffs forward so that it scraped his wrist like he did to you for the past 10 minutes.

"1...2...3... GO!" You and Kris sprinted across the mud making it to the other side with just a little mud on you boots and trousers.

"Hey look the losers made it" Chanyeol spoke as he was reading the second mission on a log that was laid across the brown leaves. He looked up from the paper and smiled.

"Looks like the handcuffs are working, I might find you both kissing next" he winked.

"YAH!! YOUR GONNA TO DIE!!" Kris ran over to him dragging you behind and grabbed Chanyeol's collar.

"I've got missions to be doing, maybe we can dance later" Chanyeol winked at Kris and laughed before slipping out of his grip and running away.

"Are you nasty to everyone?" You mumbled rubbing your wrist. It was becoming really sore now.

"You can shut up" he walked over to the next mission box. 'A bit mean' you thought as he took another map out of the red metal box. "It's instructions to go somewhere" Kris mumbled. You stood on you tiptoes to see the map but he turned away so you couldn't see.

"This way" he pulled you once again. You now had a red mark on your wrist where the handcuffs kept on scrapping. As Kris dragged you, you could feel them cut into your skin.

"Ouch, ouch" you whined as he yanked your hand forward.

"Stop being a cry baby" Kris mumbled still looking down at the map.

"Cry baby?! LOOK!!" You held your wrist in front of his face but he just pushed it out of the way.

"Awww you got a boo boo... Get over it" he looked up from the map and into some trees ahead. You scoffed and looked where he was. Both your eyes widened realizing you aren't on the dirt track anymore. You both then suddenly turned to look back. Still no dirt track. You both then scanned the area... Still no dirt track.

"We're lost" he mumbled looking down at the map and then back up again.

"Pass me that!" You grabbed the map from his hands and took a look at it. "No wonder... IT'S UPSIDE DOWN!!" You yelled at him holding the map next to your face.

"How am I supposed to know that?!" He raised his voice back.

"Let's just follow the map back to the start" you began to drag Kris in a direction this time.

1 hour later...

"WE'RE STILL LOST!!" Kris yelled. You both have been trying to search for the start or finish for a whole hour now. You both were now walking by the side of a river.

"I swear it was this way" you sat down on the river bank and Kris joined you, not like he had any choice. You picked up a stone and tried to break the handcuffs.

"That's not gonna’ work" Kris rolled his eyes but you continued anyways.

"I don't care it's worth a shot. I'm cold, I'm hungry, we're lost and I want to get out of here" you said smashing the rock against the chain that connected the two cuffs together.

Kris POV:

'I never got the chance to be this close to her and for this amount of time. She is really beautiful. I can see the reflection of the water sparkling in her eyes and on her skin. It would be so much better if she wasn't trying to break these handcuffs' I thought as I watched her concentrating on trying to break the chain. 'Kris what the hell are you talking about' I quickly shook the thoughts from my head. I then began to scan the area and something caught my eye.

Back to you:

"Stand up fatty" Kris stood up causing your hand to raise above your head. You shook your head so he raised his hand up causing you to be dragged into an upright position.

"What?!" You said annoyed.

"Apples" he picked an apple of a tree with his free hand and passed it to you then picked another off for him. He then sat down dragging you down next to him.

"Thanks" you mumbled taking a bite out of the apple.

"Whatever fatty" he rolled his eyes munching on his apple.

"I'm not even fat! Stop calling me that" you punched his arm.

"Stop hitting me" he pushed you to the side causing the handcuffs to dig into your skin.

"STOP PUSHING ME!!" You kicked his shins. He glared at you and looked like he was about to push you in the river when a familiar voice sounded in the distance.

"MADE IT!! ~~" Chanyeol's voice screamed.

"That's Chanyeol!" Both your eyes widened and you both scrambled up onto your feet.

"XIUMIN WE MADE IT!!!" Chanyeol's voice screamed once again. You and Kris glanced at each other before darting in the direction where Chanyeol’s voice was coming from.

"Chanyeol~!" You and Kris ran up to him and his partner. They were getting their handcuffs took off by the teacher. "Yolie~ we were so lost!" You hugged him and sobbed on his chest. Kris stood there awkwardly as he was still attached to you.

"___ don't cry" he your hair and spoke in a comforting tone. "I like the nickname you made for me" Chanyeol wrapped his arms around you as you cried and smiled at the same time. You were crying because you were so happy that you found him.

"Can you these off us now" Kris spoke with an annoyance in his voice. You let go of Chanyeol so the teacher could unlock you finally.

"You did great, to be honest I thought you would take more time to find your way" the teacher said placing the key in the hole and turned it, freeing Kris' wrist.

“Suho we did it” Kai’s voice echoed through the woods. You all turned around to see Suho and Kai jogging towards you.

“___ are you ok? Your eyes are red. Have you been crying?!” Suho held your chin and moved your head from side to side examining you.

“Was it because you were missing me?” Kai knocked Suho out of the way; he didn’t go far because they were still handcuffed. “I’m here now” Kai laughed and wrapped his arms around you.

“You’re so weird” you chuckled wrapping your arms around him too. Suho yanked his wrist so that Kai let go of you and you laughed at them as they kept on tugging each other’s arm.

“Ok children!” the teacher pulled the two apart and freed them from their handcuffs. “Let’s get back, the others finished a long time ago” he threw his back onto his bag and began to march through the woodland.