Chapter 13

My Hate Makes Me Love You

 

“Let’s cook something to eat” Chanyeol said taking some things out the storage tent. He grabbed a camping stove and looks around for some ingredients.

“Sounds good I’ll help you” You said following him inside the storage tent while Kai, Suho and Kris waited outside. You were looking for ingredients when a pack of marshmallows caught your eye. You grabbed them and hid them behind your back before taking the camping stove from Chanyeol’s hands and running out the tent.

“HEY!!” Chanyeol shouted but didn’t run after you he picked up another camping stove.

“____ did you find anything good?” Suho asked as you ran over to them and took a seat on the log they were sitting on and placed the camping stoke in front of them.

“Don’t sit next to me, go away!” Kris pushed you off of the log. You just shrugged it off and took a seat between Suho and Kai. You lit the camping stove and pulled out the marshmallows.

“Let’s roast these over the fire” you smiled brightly flinging your arm back to pick up some sticks.

“Great idea” Suho chuckled when you passed the sticks to everyone. Chanyeol was still in the tent trying to find things to eat, not realising you already did. You lit the camping stove and opened the packet. You placed a marshmallow over the flame and watched it as the outside of the marshmallow slowly began to melt. Kai dragged you onto his lap and wrapped his arms around your waist gaining a glare from Suho in the process.

Kris glanced up at you both but then looked back down feeling awkward.

“Kai what are you doing?” you asked taking a bite from your marshmallow.

“I’m hugging you” he smiled resting his head on your shoulder “I love you __ I’m not letting you go” he joked.

“If you don’t mean it, don’t say it” Suho mumbled keeping his eyes focused on the marshmallow “You’re only doing it to wined me up”

“I know! It’s fun!” Kai burst into laughter and you rolled your eyes. Suho let out a sigh while Kris sat their watching the scene. Kris raised his eyebrow as he was confused.

Kris POV:

‘Suho’s right… if you don’t mean it don’t say it’ I thought as I watched Kai hold onto ___. ‘Are they dating? They can’t be or Suho won’t have said that. Is she dating Suho? She can’t be, she isn’t… is she?’ these things kept on running through my head. ‘Why am I feeling sad? I don’t even like her! Maybe I’m feeling sad because I would hate to be in Suho’s position. Yes that’s it! I’m feeling down because I would hate to be in Suho’s position!’ I told myself over and over

“Suho’s right, you shouldn’t say things like that” I mumbled and all three of them looked over at me.

“Huh?” Kai said raising his eyebrow.

“You might give her the wrong impression” I commented again, even though I wish I hadn’t.

“EXACTLY!! Thank you Kris!” Suho stood up and clapped his hands. I then stood up and went to walk to the tent but stopped just before I entered to stare at the two practically hugging.

Back to you:

“What the hell was that about?” you asked confused after Kris entered the tent.

“He’s just sticking up for Suho” Kai mumbled loosening his grip around your waist a little.

“Because I’m right” Suho commented. You got off Kai’s lap and returned to the seat next to him instead. Chanyeol and Kris then walked back out of the tent.

“Hey~! Why didn’t you tell me~” Chanyeol whined as he picked up the half eaten pack of marshmallows.

“Because the little goon here scoffed them all” Kris pointed to you and your jaw dropped in disbelief.

“YAH!! YOU ATE THE MOST NOT ME!!!” You yelled making Suho, Chanyeol and Kai jump. They had never seen you shout like that before.

“Yeah whatever! You might want to run around for a bit and burn some weight so that you give me some space in the tent” Kris spat as stared at you. Chanyeol, Kai and Suho sat there in shock not knowing what they should do.

“YOU JERK!!!” You stood up, your face heating up in anger. Without thinking you lashed out, kicking him in the privets. Kris doubled over in pain and fell to the floor.

“GUYS CALM DOWN!!” Chanyeol raised his voice pulling you away before you or Kris could do anything else to each other.

“___ I know you’re angry but you shouldn’t kick places like that” Suho said as he hugged you to stop you from doing anything else.

“WELL YOU SHOULDN’T TALK ABOUT A GIRLS WEIGHT LIKE THAT! I’M NOT EVEN FAT!” you yelled still angered. Kris raised his head up to you; he was still kneeled down on the floor in pain.

“I’m sure he was just joking” Kai tried to calm you down.

“You should never joke about a girl’s weight!” you looked down at Kris on the floor “there’s one tip for you” you shrugged out of Suho’s grip after calming down.

“Is everyone ok?” the teacher asked jumping out of nowhere.

“Yeah fine” Kris mumbled lifting himself onto the wooden log.

“Well it’s getting dark, it’s time to head to your tents” The teacher clapped his hands together and you all nodded.