Chapter 15

We Got Married

[Bangcole’s Residence]

‘Oppa~ Waegeurae~?’ Camera panned across the couple’s villa.

Yongguk surrendered himself onto the bed. His face was buried into pillows.

‘Oppa~ Wae?’ Nicole sat beside him, patted on his shoulders. She tried to pull him up.

‘Oppa~’ but he was too heavy.

Yongguk finally exposed his burdened expression. He pouted.

‘Wae?’ Nicole chuckled. Nicole must have struck by Yongguk’s unconscious innocence.

‘Are you worried that you are meeting omma today?’ Nicole tucks her hair behind her ears.

Yongguk didn’t speak but Nicole knew.

‘Oppa~ Geogjeonghaji ma~ I told you, omma is a really easygoing person. So, relax~ You’re stressing too much.’ Nicole squeezed Yongguk’s shoulder while he turned his face back, burying into the pillow again. ‘Ireona~~~’ Nicole forced.

Finally he got up. Yongguk hunched his back.

[Studio Interview]

Q: Are you nervous meeting Nicole’s mom?

Yongguk: Of course I was. It’s not like that I’m not planning to meet ommo-nim, but it was too soon, I got a little tensed as so you know, I’m not really good at meeting new people. So yeah… It was tough for me. Plus, -sighed- I heard omo-nim likes Daehyun…? And that actually burdens me more.

Nicole: Oppa was worried and you can see the word “worry” obviously written on his face. Wo-rried. –pointed on her face and chuckled- I don’t get it, my mom is just a human, what could a human possibly do? –Sighed- I thought I could do a little something to ease him a bit.

[Back to scene]

‘Oppa~~’

‘Hmm?’ Yongguk titled his head while clasping onto a pillow. Nicole thought for a while.

‘Bwo~?’ he asked.

‘I usually don’t do this……’ Nicole took a deep breath. ‘Look closely.’

‘Ehhmm~ Ehhmm~ Ainng!’ Nicole aegyo-d ended with a seducing bite. It was awkward but thankfully, her plan works. Yongguk finally showed his first smile for the day.

‘Babo!’ He chuckled and gently pushed Nicole’s head. She pouted.

‘Oppa~ Loosen up a little. Omma isn’t really that scary~ Jinjja! I promise, if omma bullies you later, I will protect you, kay? Neh? Neh?’ Nicole tilted her head and swung Yongguk’s hands left and right. ‘I will be your knight for a day, princess!’

Yongguk chuckled and surrendered. ‘Alright then~ I’ll see what this useless knight can do~’

Soon, both Nicole and Yongguk were dressed up in Hanbeok for the formal greeting. Nicole’s is in yellow and pink while Yongguk is in yellow and blue. Nicole was having hard time to pin up a flower accessory onto her hair.

‘Illiwa~ Let me help you.’ Yongguk offered and Nicole innocently shoveled and passes him the hairpin.

‘Oppa~ Are you sure you know how to do this?’ Nicole doubted. Nicole’s eyes were on the floor while circling her fingers, just like a kid.

‘Don’t underestimate me, kay?’ Yongguk confidently clip onto Nicole’s hair. ‘There~’

Nicole touch the hair accessory to confirm it was secure on top. ‘Hmm~ Not bad oppa~ How do I look?’ Nicole shines a smile and twirled around. ‘Neomu yepeo~’

‘Chongmalyo?’ Nicole giggled.

‘Neh~’

‘You look not bad yourself.’

‘Neh!! Kamsahamnida~ Ommo-nim!’ He saluted and bowed like a soldier. He was already practicing for the meeting later. Nicole burst out laughing and acted along.

‘You’re welcome, my most courteous son in law~ Nice to meet you. Please take good care of my lovely daughter.’

Yongguk stood back up. ‘Sure, ommo-nim. I will protect her with all my heart for the rest of my life.’ Nicole chuckled.

‘Jinsimeyo?’ Nicole asked.

‘Of course!’ Yongguk grabbed Nicole’s hand.

‘Yah! Are you gonna grab my mom’s hand like this later?’ Nicole joked.

‘Oh?! Chwesonghaeyo ommo-nim~’ He bowed. ‘How disrespectful I am.’

*Jongmin: Is it just me or does Yongguk acts really kid-like when he’s with Nicole.*

‘Yah! Stop it already!’ Nicole was amused by her husband’s act and that earned Yongguk a slap on the arm.

‘Nicole, what time your mom is coming over? I’m hungry~’

‘I don’t know. Should be anytime soon~’ She checked her phone. ‘Mom say she will cook for us though~’

‘Shall we at least get a little snacks into our tummy first?’

‘Are you that hungry?’

Yongguk nodded.

‘Hmm~ Okay then, let’s go hunting.’

[Kitchen]

‘This is all we have~’ Nicole dug out all the food from every corners in the kitchen. There’s some chips, crackers and fruits. ‘Hmm…’

‘Nicole!’ Yongguk came in with a big familiar box. It was the present that was given from the Kara members on the house-opening day.

‘Nicole, you wanna open this?’ Yongguk placed it on the counter.

Nicole looked up to see what Yongguk was referring to. ‘Oh! The members’ present! I almost forgot!’

‘Here~’ Nicole took a blade out from the drawer. Yongguk took it and starts to unseal the wrapper. Finally, the present was revealed.

‘Omoya!!!’

*Misun: What is it?’

‘An ice cream maker?’ Yongguk lowered his head to read the label.

‘Oh my god! I always wanted an ice cream machine! Daebak!’ Nicole embraced the lifeless big box. ‘I love the members so so much!’ then examined how to unbox the machine.

‘Oppa! Why don’t we try making ice cream?’ Nicole removed the cover of the box.

‘I’m fine.’ Yongguk explored the junks on the counter then ripped open one packet of cracker from there.

Nicole reads the instruction book while putting the parts together.

‘Oppa! What flavor do you think we should make?’ Nicole asked. ‘What about strawberry?! I have strawberries!!!’ Nicole didn’t let Yongguk a chance to pick before she decided herself. Well, it doesn’t really matter to him, as long it’s edible. Yongguk carelessly flips the instruction book while munching on more crackers.

‘Let’s see. It shouldn’t be hard to make it. All we need is some whole milk, strawberries and sweeten milk.’ Nicole excitedly flips through the provided recipe book. She washed the strawberries and blend them with 2 cups of whole milk and ½ cup of sweeten milk. Lastly, pours the mixture into the ice cream machine. As usual, during the procedure she frowned. Yongguk couldn’t stand seeing that so he Nicole’s forehead a bit.

‘Hajima~’ and Nicole slowly released her frown.

Beep-beep, the ice cream was finally ready after 15 minutes. Nicole was very excited to get the first taste of the freshly homemade ice cream. Yongguk watched her as she searched for the largest spoon from the cupboard. She dug a spoon and tested them.

‘Hmmm~!!!’ She hops around satisfyingly. ‘Jinjja basisho!!!’ Nicole squealed then dug another spoonful.

‘Oppa! Jah~’ Nicole placed it in front of Yongguk’s mouth. ‘Mogo~ Jinjja bashisho~’

‘Yah! Isn’t this too much!’ Yongguk was shocked at the amount of ice cream that Nicole was going to place into his mouth.

‘Aniya~ It’s never too much for such wonderful food! Mogo~!’ Nicole forcefully fed Yongguk.

‘Ahm~’ Nicole giggled. ‘Oppa, ottae?’ She tilted her head.

Yongguk lowered his head instantly. He rested his hands on his hips and squinted his face.

‘Oppa~ It tasted awful?’

Yongguk lifted his head up and huffed cold air from his mouth. He started jumping and fanning his mouth.

‘Chua~!!’ Nicole can’t help but burst out laughing at Yongguk’s comically actions.

‘Oppa~ Gwenchana?’ she held onto his hand. Finally, Yongguk calmed down and swallowed the pain in his mouth.

‘Yah! Jung Yongjoo! Micheoseo?!’ He wiped the edge of his mouth. ‘Are you trying to kill me?!’

Nicole continued laughing while caressing Yongguk’s face. ‘Aigoo~ Poor oppa~ Mianheyo~’

[12:30pm]

A blur image of a woman and 2 restless creatures appeared at the main entrance.

*Ding Dong*

The screen swiftly changes back to the loving couple in the kitchen.

‘Oh?!!’ Nicole stunt and so was Yongguk. ‘Omma is here?’

Nicole quickly placed the dirty dishes in the sink and dashed out to the door while Yongguk echoed.

‘Omma!!!’ Nicole called and leaned in for a hug once she swung open the door.

*Crowd woo*

*Misun: It’s just like a duplicate of Nicole.

Jongmin: Wow! They really look identical. A middle aged version of Nicole.*

After releasing from the hug, Yongguk finally greeted Nicole’s mom.

‘Annyeonghaseyo, omonim~’ Yongguk bowed politely.

‘Neh annyeonghaseyo~ Yongguk-shi.’ Ms Shirley patted on Yongguk’s arm and he instantly flushed.

‘Omma! You even brought the rascals here?!’ Nicole bend down to her puppies’ level. Her pups were so happy to see her. They were jumping up and down.

‘Do you miss mummy?!’ She cuddled them up and they started planting wet kisses on Nicole.

‘Lemme help you with this.’ Yongguk noticed Ms Shirley holding a basket.

‘Oh~ Kamsahamnida~’ Ms Shirley smiled. ‘These are the lunch that I’ve prepared.’

‘Oh~ Kamsahamnida~ Ommo-nim. Welcome in~’

‘Thank you~’

*Misun: -laughed- Can you count how many thank you have they said?

Jongmin: I bet there’s more to count.*

‘Wah~ My dear, your house is huge!’ Ms Shirley looked around, amazed. Yongguk quickly placed the food in kitchen and speed out to the living area to join them again.

‘Omma, sit~ sit~’ Nicole patted on the couch while the other two fluffy hop on to it too.

‘Omma…’

Yongguk and Nicole stood next to each other.

‘Yes dear?’

‘Happy New Year~’ Nicole and Yongguk did the formal bow to Ms Shirley. She was surprised.

‘Aww~ You kids.’ She chuckled.

After the formal greeting, they sat next to Ms Shirley.

‘So I finally meet Yongguk-shi.’

‘Neh~’

‘What do you think about oppa, omma? Does he look better in person?’ Nicole craved to know what her mom thinks about Yongguk.

‘Hmm~ The truth is… Yes, he is better looking than he is on TV.’ Ms Shirley exploring Yongguk high and low.

‘Ah~ Kamsahamnida~’ Yongguk thanked again.

‘But slightly tinier than I expected though, young man, you have to eat more to protect my daughter. You know my daughter doesn’t weigh as light as she looks like, you may encounter problems later.’

‘Yah! Omma!!!’ Nicole nudged her mom’s arm. Yongguk chuckled, he looked relax a bit now.

‘This girl here likes eating, eating and eating. So don’t say I didn’t warn you.’

‘Omma!’ One of the little ones barked when Nicole raised her voice.

‘Neh~ Algaesumnida ommo-nim.’

‘By the way, how’s your group doing now?’

‘Oh~ My teammates and I are now currently in the midst of filming our new music video. So, very soon we will be having our next comeback. Hopefully end of February.’

*Misun: I wonder if she’s gonna ask about Daehyun?!

Jongmin: That would be interesting.*

‘Ahh I see. Very well. Hope everything goes well for BAP. You guys are very talented.’

‘Ah Neh~ Kamsahamnida~’

‘By the way, I’m just curious. Is Daehyun dating anyone now?’

*Misun: Omo! She did!

Jongmin: What a random question! You go Ms Shirley!*

‘Oh my god! I can’t believe you ask this mom!’ Nicole spoke in English.

‘Sweetie, what’s wrong with asking this?’ Ms Shirley answered back in the same language.

[Studio Interview]

Nicole: That was embarrassing. Mom~! How can you ask such private question? Anyhow, isn’t she supposed get to know more about oppa instead of his teammates. It’s just so wrong. I hope oppa doesn’t feel offended because that.

Yongguk: I knew that would have come. I just knew it. I’m not sure if ommo-nim was testing my patience or did she really mean that?!

Q: Did you feel disappointed that she brought up Daehyun?

Yongguk: How can I not? But the fact is, Nicole is married to me now and I have the assurance that my wife likes me much more than Daehyun. Ommo-nim can never separate us. Right Nicole?

Q: (Told Nicole what Yongguk have said)

Nicole: Neh? –chuckled- He’s that certain about it? Well~ Here’s my message to him. Oppa… overconfidence killed the cat. (Misused, suppose to be curiosity killed the cat) –chuckled-

[Back to scene]

‘Emm~ None of us in BAP is dating. We don’t really have time for that.’ Yongguk answered without faltering.

‘Hmm~ I see… How about..’

‘Okay! Let’s go have our lunch! Shall we?! I’m hungry!’ Nicole quickly stood up before her moms could ask other weirder question. ‘Let’s go! Let’s go!’ –barked-

‘Jal mokke sumnida~’ The couple sat the opposite of Ms Shirley.

‘Wah~ Omma! You do remember to cook the chapjae I asked you to! Hmm~ Bashiso~!’ Nicole wasn’t containing herself from eating today.

‘Oppa~ Ottae? It’s delicious right?’

‘Neh~ Neomu bashisoyo.’ Yongguk politely answer.

‘Please help yourself with more then~’ Ms Shirley placed some fish onto Yongguk’s bowl.

‘Ah~ Kamsahamnida ommo-nim.’

‘You are very welcome.’

*Misun: Tell me how many times did he say thank you again?*

Nicole suddenly giggled.

‘Omma~’

‘Deh?’

‘Do you know that oppa is really nervous meeting you today?’ Nicole bit her chopsticks.

‘Huh? Wae? Do I look that scary?’ Ms Shirley took a sip of water.

‘Ahh~ Aniya ommo-nim.’

[Studio Interview]

Yongguk: I can’t believe Nicole told her mom. Didn’t she promise me to be my knight? Now she betrayed me.

[Back to scene]

‘Don’t worry. I won’t eat you up or anything. Relax~’

‘Neh~’ Yongguk took the piece of fish.

‘Unless you mistreat my daughter...’

Yongguk nearly choked at those words as he quickly hid it with an awkward grin.

‘Do you love Nicole?’

‘Omma?! Stop with those weird questions again!’ Nicole interrupted the conversation.

‘Cole~ I don’t come here for no reason right? This is just a simple question, I think Yongguk-shi is able to answer this, am I right?’

‘Neh~’

‘And your answer is…?’

‘Ahh… Yes, I do love Nicole, ommo-nim.’

‘That’s more like it~ I don’t see why you have the trouble to say that before? Hmm… By the way, you ever dated before?’

‘No, ommo-nim.’

‘Impossible~ What about the girl name Jieun? Song Jieun that is her name right?’

‘Dehh?!’ Yongguk was shocked.

‘The girl from Secret? What about her?’

‘Omma! Jieun unnie is just a…’

‘I didn’t ask you… Yes Yongguk shi?’ The scene suddenly became serious.

‘Ommo-nim, Jieun is just a close friend and sunbae-nim of mine. We’re under the same company.’

‘Oh really? Hmm~ You know, sometimes, close friends can mean a lot. Since I heard a lot of gossip about you and her, just curious do you actually like her before you met Nicole?’

[Studio interview]

Nicole: Oh my god. What was happening back then? I really have no idea. That was definitely not my mom. My mom usually doesn’t question my friends as so. It was not only Yongguk who was panicking, but I was too. Where did my mom get all those information of Jieun and oppa?! All I want was to present oppa flawlessly to mom that day however my mom had to go under investigation on oppa before coming for the meeting. –sighed- Now, it is me who has the fear of meeting my mom next time not oppa.

Yongguk: Actually I don’t mind ommo-nim boom me with all those questions cuz I knew she was only concern about Nicole. I totally understand, that’s why I tried my best to show my sincerity to every question she asked.

[Back to scene]

‘I just want to clarify things out. So don’t mind me asking.’

‘Ahh~ No no… I don’t mind at all, ommo-nim. Jieun and I are nothing more than friends, you can trust me.’ Yongguk instinctively held onto Nicole’s hand. As soon Ms Shirley saw that she showed a smile.

‘Hmm~ Very well. You sounded really confident. So, I think I have no reason to hesitate you anymore. Mogo~’ Ms Shirley placed another piece of fish onto Yongguk’s plate.

After the lunch, Ms Shirley was off to go. The couple cleaned up the place and carried the emptied basket into Ms Shirley’s car.

‘Bye guys~ I’m sorry I couldn’t stay any longer. The restaurant needs me. I hope to see you again, Yongguk-shi. It’s nice meeting you.’ She patted on Yongguk’s arm once more.

‘It’s nice meeting you too, ommo-nim.’

‘Mom! Take care of yourself.’

‘You take care too, Nicole.’ Her mom placed a peck on Nicole’s forehead.

‘Bye Mochachino~’ Nicole waved the rascals goodbye. They whining and scratching the windows.

‘Bye mom~’ And Ms Shirley drove off, leaving the couple behind.

‘Oppa~ Was it hard for you today?’ Nicole whispered, still waving goodbye.

‘It wasn’t that bad.’

‘Thank you.’

‘For what?’

‘Everything.’

~End of Chapter 15~

Sorry for the late update, short chapter.

I actually wasn't planning to update anymore.....

But i just couldn't bare to see this fic goes down the drain... ottokae? I dono if i should continue this...

it's so hard for me now... so little time, so many things to do. T^T

i hate my job.

and my writing is like now! urghh!!!!!

i dono if you guys are still with me? im so thankful if you are.. > <

-bbcare