Chapter 11

We Got Married

 

[Christmas Eve]

It’s the day before Christmas. Frosty and whites covered the couple residence making it looks a magical land full of wonders.

At this very moment, noises were heard from the kitchen. Who could it be? Was it Nicole? The camera in the kitchen gradually recovered from its blurriness. It was Yongguk. He looked kind of lost on what he was doing.

He glanced at his tablet and swiped a few.

‘First, melt the butter…. While doing this, sift the cocoa powder, icing sugar, milk powder and salt evenly in a big bowl.’ Yongguk began unpacking the ingredients from the paper bag.

*Misun: Is he going to make chocolates?

Jongmin: For Christmas I think.*

[Studio Interview]

Q: Were you making chocolates?

Yongguk: Neh! I once mentioned that I always wanted to prepare handmade chocolates for the one I love. Since it was Christmas Eve, I supposed I should give it a shot and surprise Nicole with it. –nodded-

[Back to scene]

‘This is my first time I’m doing this, I hope I wouldn’t ruin anything.’ Yongguk switched on the electric stove, heating up the pot.

‘Butter… Butter…. Butter… Wait, the whole piece?’ Yongguk double-checked.

‘Wow! Jinjja?! That’s kinda… rich~ Who would have thought.’ he was surprised.

He unwrapped the butter and slid it into the pot.

‘In you go~’ and got rid of the wrapper.

‘Oh yeah! What time is Nicole going to be here again?’ Yongguk asked the staffs. There was some whispering going on.

‘1:30pm?’ Yongguk reconfirmed, the staffs nodded.

He glanced to his watch.

‘Gosh! It’s already 12pm. I hope I can finish this in time.’ he quickly advanced to the next step.

He measured the stated amount of ingredients and sifted them together. Then, stirred the melted butter along till it turned into a smooth texture of chocolate sauce. It is then ready to be poured into the heart shaped molds.

*Jongmin: This image doesn’t suit Yongguk at all! How can a Hip hop artist wears an apron, does girly stuff like that?!

Misun: Yah! This isn’t girly okay! This is call romantic. You wouldn’t understand.*

‘Chakaman! Before I forget!’ He stopped at what he was doing and started seeking for something in his pocket.

‘This!’ He pulled out a jewelry box from his sweat pants. He opened it up. It’s a couple rings with simple yet elegant design.

[Studio Interview]

Yongguk: It wouldn’t be surprise enough if I just make her the chocolates. I wanted it to be a memorable one so I prepared a little more. –smiles- I hope she likes it.

Q: This ain’t like you at all.

Yongguk: -chuckled- Though I’m not good at expressing my love through words that doesn’t mean I can’t do it in action, right? Besides, after experiencing the whole drama on the last filming, I’ve learned a bit from there.

[Back to scene]

‘I’m gonna put this in the chocolate.’ He placed the smaller one in the mold and kept the man’s ring back in his pocket.

‘Now, I’m going to pour the chocolate sauce in.’ Yongguk prepared a scoop for it.  Before he did, he puzzled.

‘Will it be too hot?’ Silly Yongguk tested the temperature of melted chocolate with his finger.

‘Ouch!!’ He reacted as soon as his skin meets the heated liquid.

‘It’s still so hot!’ Yongguk his pointer.

‘The ring is going to be okay in there right?’ Yongguk tilted his head and wondered.

‘Or maybe I’ll cool it down a little~’ so he stirred for a little while.

*Misun: Ahh~ Yongguk is being extra careful today*

Yongguk looked at the time again. It’s already 15 minutes to 1pm. He placed his finger into the melted chocolate again, still didn’t learn his lesson from the previous experience. Luckily, it cooled down. He nodded.

‘It’s slightly cooler now. I guess I can pour them now.’ So he did.

Yongguk gently filled the hearts one by one and lastly, on the one with the ring.

‘I just have to wait for it till hardens. It’s says it’ll take roughly 25 minutes. So…. Let’s wait.’

[Video fast-forwards]

After Yongguk cleaned up the mess, he stood there and stares at the chocolates for the entire time. Sometimes, he would glance on his watch to check at the time.

[Back to normal speed]

’25 minutes!!!’ Yongguk yelled.

Yongguk huffed.

‘This will be the most crucial moment of the process.’ Slowly, he flipped the mold upside down and hit it onto the table. He took back up. Camera paused at his shock expression.

Did he fail at this stage?!

Camera moved to view of the chocolates, all of them came out flawlessly on the table.

 *Hallelujah song was played in the background*

‘Victory!!!’ Yongguk raised his hands expressed confidence.

[Studio Interview]

Q: It’s your first time and you succeeded.

Yongguk: Well~ I’m too good. –joked- I’m really anticipating for Nicole’s reaction. My secret talent might amaze her too.

[Back to scene]

*Door opened*

Just at the right timing, Nicole reached home.

‘Oppa~!!!’ Nicole sang and sniffed. ‘Chuwa~ Tsskk~’

 ‘She’s back?’ Yongguk looked to the camera.

‘Oppa~ Odiseoyo?’ Nicole called again.

Yongguk speedily hid the present in one of the drawers and went to Nicole.

‘Annyeong~’ Yongguk noticed Nicole was carrying a large bag.

‘Igo bwoya?’ he took it from her while Nicole put onto her home slippers.

‘Some fun activities we’re going to do today! Oppa! Palli!’ Nicole dragged Yongguk into the kitchen.

[Studio Interview]

Yongguk: Ahh~! I waited and waited and just couldn’t find the right timing to give it to her! Jinjja daebak!

[Back to scene]

‘Let’s be creative today!’ Nicole shouted in joy.

‘What?’ Yongguk placed the bag on the counter.

‘Tadah~!’ Nicole took out a container filled with varies shapes of gingerbread cookies.

‘Gingerbread cookies?’

‘Yupee! We are going to decorate them today.’ Nicole then took out the colorful sweetening.

‘Sounds fun.’ Yongguk obediently nodded like a kid.

(A thought bubble appears at the side of Yongguk: When can I pass the chocolates to you?)

‘What were you doing before I come?’ Nicole asked while preparing the icing bags.

‘Dehh?’ Yongguk was surprised by the question.

Nicole glanced at Yongguk.

[Camera zoomed at Yongguk’s gulp]

‘Ermm… Nothing much, I was just writing some lyrics for our new album.’ Yongguk said without hesitating, he fake a smile.

‘Ahh~ I see.’ Nicole nodded, didn’t suspect anything.

‘Are you giving them away?’ Yongguk referred to the cookies.

‘Aha~ To the sunbaes, chingus and yeah! Bap members have their share too~’ Nicole placed down the emptied bag.

‘There! Shall we start?!

‘Neh.’

‘Here are some icings, cream and sprinkles. Make them beautiful kay!’ Nicole pointed.

‘Yes Madam!’ Yongguk firmly saluted.

During the process,

‘Oppa….’

‘Oh?’

‘I didn’t know you and Gyuri unnie know each other?’ Nicole avoided eye contact with Yongguk.

Yongguk was stunned at her sudden question.

‘Gyuri noona?’

‘Oh~’ Nicole placed the decorated ones by the side.

[Studio Interview]

Yongguk: I knew Gyuri noona on a variety show that we were both casted.

Q: You can mention the name of the show, it’s on the same channel.

Yongguk: Oh? Neh~ It’s Lululala variety show. Unfortunately, the show concluded pretty early, so I wasn't able to get to know her well yet.

Q: Do you still contact each other?

Yongguk: -shaked his head- Ani~ We seldom contact each other.

Nicole: I was bothered by it since that day. I didn’t want to ask Gyuri unnie, I prefer Yongguk to speak up himself. Neh~

[Back to scene]

‘Me and Gyuri noona… were casted on a same variety show once.’ Yongguk sprinkled some flakes on the cookies.

‘Ahh~ Jinjja?’ Nicole carefully squeezes the icing on the gingerbread man.

‘Neh~’ Yongguk peeked at Nicole’s art. ‘Wah~ Yepuda~’

‘Were you close?’ Yongguk failed on changing the topic.

‘Ani, the show ended early so we didn’t get to know each other though.’

[Studio Interview]

Yongguk: Why do girls have to be so sensitive about these stuffs? It’s really hard to handle you know.

[Back to scene]

‘Do you like her?’

‘Bwoya?! Nicole, what are you saying?’

‘If you don’t, why did you offer her to kiss you?’

Yongguk’s eyes largened.

[Scene of Gyuri kissing Yongguk played on screen]

*Misun&Jongmin: Omo!

Jongmin: Yongguk my boy!

Misun: During that time, Yongguk just debuted right?! Wow! That was daring enough to request a kiss from a sunbae.

Jongmin: Could it be scripted?*

[Studio Interview]

Nicole: I said I didn’t ask Gyuri, I didn’t say I didn’t search for it. I only typed in Gyuri and Yongguk, then pop! All these articles of Gyuri and Yongguk kissing appeared. At the moment, I felt my heart sunk into the bottom of the sea. I need him to clarify. –silent- Internet is a very useful tool though.~

Yongguk: I didn’t expect she would look up for it.

Q: Was it your intention to let Gyuri kiss you?

Yongguk: Ani~! Truthfully, that wasn’t it. It was all Hyeongdon hyung’s idea. Jinjja!

(Hyeongdon’s picture appear at the bottom)

Yongguk: He said, if I do this, I could help to boost up the show’s rating. –noticed the staff wasn’t convince about it-

Yah! You know how tricky is Hyeongdon hyung? You can call and ask him.

And so the staffs did.

Hyeongdon: Yobeoseyo?

Yongguk: Hyung! Yongguk here.

Hyeongdon: Nuguseyo?

Yongguk: Hyung, Yongguk, Bang Yongguk~

Hyeongdon: Chwesonghamnida~ I think you got the wrong number.

Yongguk: -chuckled-

Hyeongdon: -chuckled- Yah! Yongguk ah~ Wassup?

Yongguk: Hyung, do you remember we shot Lululala together? There’s one scene when I asked Gyuri noona to give me a Bobo? Do you still remember?

Hyeongdon: Oh~ Wae?

Yongguk: Can you tell the audience, that it was your idea? It was scripted?

Hyeongdon: Yongguk ah… since when did you learn to be this disrespectful? How can you push your fault to your hyung?!

Yongguk: -chuckled- Deh?!!! Hyung!

*Duuuttt~*

Yongguk was speechless.

[Back to scene]

‘That kiss? That wasn’t my idea. Nicole, it was scripted. Really!’ Yongguk responded.

‘Jinjja yo?’ Nicole hesitated.

‘Geurom~! Nicole… you can ask…’ Yongguk turned to Nicole.

!@#$%^&&*

‘Yah! Why did you do that for?!’ part of Yongguk’s face was full of white cream now, left Nicole laughing while leaning over to the counter for support.

[Studio Interview]

Nicole: It was Christmas Eve. I don’t wanna spoil the mood, I had enough of chaos at the previous filming, I hope we could make it up on the Christmas Eve. -nodded-

[Back to scene]

‘Your punishment!’ Nicole sticked out her tongue and chuckled.

‘I saw it wasn’t my idea! You can ask Gyuri noona too!’

‘I don’t…..’

*Splatt!!!*

‘Ah~!!!!!’

Of course, Yongguk wouldn’t miss the fun without Nicole, hence he wiped off the cream on his face and covered it all on Nicole’s.

‘Ya!!! Oppa!!!’ Nicole stomped her leg. Yongguk accidently smeared some on her eyes.

Nicole wiped it off annoyingly. Yongguk chuckled.

‘Jah~ Let me help you.’ Yongguk gently put down Nicole’s hand and slowly wiped off the cream on her eyes.

It was a sweet scene that many couple hopes for.

‘All better now?’ Yongguk asked, while bending down a little to match Nicole’s eye level. She blinked and nodded.

‘Neh~’

[Studio Interview]

Nicole: No one messes with me and get away with it so easily.–laughed-

[Back to scene]

*Splat!!!*

‘Aiishhh!!!!’ Yongguk quickly turned away and wiped off the second patch of the cream on his face. Nicole quickly dash off the crime scene to avoid getting revenge from Yongguk but fell of laughing on the floor.

‘Yah! Noh baboya?!’ Yongguk cleaned his face while Nicole still rolling on the floor. She was laughing so hard.

‘Who asked you let other girl kisses you?! My tummy hurts~ Your face...’

Nicole stopped her laughter and slowly regained her breathing.

‘Iliwa~’ Yongguk gestured her to come over.

‘Shiro!’ Nicole stood back up.

‘Come here~’ Yongguk repeated it again but this time moved a little forward.

‘Oppa~ We’ll end here, okay? If not, we couldn’t finish the cookies in time~’ Nicole placed both of her hands in front, securing herself, she knew Yongguk would charge at her anytime. Unexpectedly, he didn’t.

‘Ara~ I’ll stop. So you can come back here now~ I was in the middle of decorating Gingerbread Nicole anyways~’ Yongguk got back to his original place.

‘Chongmalyo?! You drew me?!’ Nicole skipped back.

‘Neh~ It looked a lot like you.’

‘Lemme see…’ and !@#$%^

Nicole got it again.

*Misun: Yongguk is really tricky! Nicole is a girl, how can he?!*

‘Doesn’t my artwork look beautiful?’ Yongguk softly spread the cream on Nicole’s face. Nicole blew some of the cream out of . Yongguk laughed and rested his hands on Nicole shoulder, enjoying the view of his artwork.

Nicole wanted to get back at him but Yongguk’s hands were strongly holding her back.

[Studio Interview]

Yongguk: -chuckled- For a girl, she is considered a strong one. I’m not kidding, her strength is compatible to a boy. –laughed-

*Misun: This two is getting along really well.

Jongmin: In a very short time too.*

[Back to scene]

Finally, the couple is willing to end the fight and starts to clean up. They washed their faces and continued their cookies decoration.

‘Oppa~ Let’s have a competition!’

‘Ok~! Of what?’

‘Let’s draw each other!’

‘You?!” Yongguk dipped his fingers into the cream and ready to attack again.

‘Not me me! I mean the Gingerbread me.’ Nicole held Yongguk’s hand.

‘Hmm~ Ok! Fine!’

Yongguk picked a girl shaped gingerbread while Nicole took one of the boy shaped. They both turned into one corner.

‘No peeking!’

The couple thoughtfully designed their partner’s cookie. As usual, frowns appeared between Nicole’s brows while Yongguk chuckled throughout the entire process.

‘I’m done!’ Yongguk raised one of his hand, called out.

‘That fast? Wait! Just a moment.’ Nicole tenderly drew the last detail with the icing bag.

‘Done!’ Nicole straightens her back up. Nicole sneakily peeked at Yongguk’s.

‘Yah! No peeking!’

Nicole pouted.

‘Okay then. We’ll count to three and then we’ll show it to each other, kay?’ Nicole walked closer to Yongguk. Both were covering their art.

‘Hana… Dul… Set!’ Both released their hands.

‘Ahhh!!! Oppa!!!! Igo bwoya?!!!!!!’ Nicole wasn’t satisfied at Yongguk’s work.

[Camera compared the Gingerbread Nicole and Gingerbread Yongguk]

*Misun: -laughed- Igo bwoya?!!

Jongmin: Why is there a beard on Nicole’s cookie?!

Misun: Nicole did Yongguk’s flawlessly but Yongguk’s…. –laughed-*

‘Oppa, why do I look so ugly?! Igo! Igo bwoya?! Why do I have a beard?!!!’ Nicole pointed.

Yongguk shamely hid his mouth and laughed.

‘I accidently broke your neck…’

[Replay incident- Yongguk stick his tongue and applied a layer of cream at neck of the biscuit]

‘Aiishh… Do it over!’

‘Wasn’t this suppose to be a competition?’

‘The competition has ended! Redo!’ Nicole pouted.

‘You see, I drew oppa so nicely, and see how you did to me?’ her voice was saddening.

‘Mianhe~ I’ll make it disappear, okay? So you’ll never see it again~’ Yongguk bit half of the gingerbread and fed the other half to Nicole.

At the second attempt, Yongguk’s art looked better. They replicated the Gingerbread Nicole and Yongguk and placed them in every gift box along with other shapes as a symbol of a gift from them.

[Studio Interview]

Q: Still couldn’t pass the gift to her?

Yongguk: -chuckled- It was like a war back then. How can pass it to her? I was expecting a more romantic environment. That wasn’t right.

[Living Room]

‘Nicole ahh~’ Yongguk called out while holding onto the chocolate box behind his back.

‘Oh?’ Nicole glided her slippers over and sat beside him.

‘What is it?’ Nicole asked.

‘I…’

*Ding Dong*

‘Oh? Who could it be?’ Nicole stood up and went over.

‘Aishh~!’ Yongguk landed on the couch. ‘Wae?!!!!’ He placed the box of chocolate again in the drawer and tailed after Nicole.

*Door open*

One giant bowed red and green box appeared by the doorstep.

‘Omo!’ Nicole was surprised.

‘What is it?’ Yongguk noticed a card on top of the box.

Dear Yongguk,

Congratulation! You have successfully accomplished your secret mission! As promise, here is your gift! Happy Christmas Eve!

PD

‘It’s the reward from last week.’ Yongguk lowered the card. Nicole looked confuse.

‘I wonder what’s in it?’

~End of Chapter 11~

Sorry at the late update! And bout the next couple? it's going to be Ailee and Jihoon! Any objections?!

ahhh!!! and i don't really like this chapter btw..... it's sooooo...... > < my writing skills are getting worse... T^T

please leave a comment tho~ thanks!

-bbcare