Still strong

I seriously love you.....

 

-Gongchan-

“Firstly I want you to listen to exactly what I say during this pretend thing. Meaning you do anything that I ask.”

“Okay!” Gongchan smiles.

“Now since you agreed you can start by letting me go finish my food.”

Bomi heads out the door. Gongchan smiles and follows.

School is over

Gongchan is grabbing his things and he sees Jae Hee waiting outside the classroom. Bomi turns to see as well then she quickly puts her backpack on and interlocks her arm with Gongchan. Surprised by the sudden gesture, he feels that he blushed slightly.

“Oppa, let’s go to my house okay? Might as well get a head start on our project right?” Bomi smiles at him. Gongchan nodded his head and off they walked out together arms linked tightly. Gongchan sees the face Jae Hee has, watching them with such a disgustingly jealous glare. Satisfied, Gongchan loosens Bomi’s grip on his arm. Throwing his right arm over her shoulders, letting his grasp slide down to her waist as he’s pulling her close. Bomi smiles big and says through her teeth, “Going a bit overboard here, cut it out.” As soon as they leave the school building, Bomi then elbows his side. Making the bond break between them, so both of them walked side by side. “Geez, that hurts!” Gongchan says rubbing his side. “Well then! Learn your boundaries!” She starts charging forward.

As soon as they are off campus grounds Gongchan catches up to Bomi and they are walking to their street. That same old walking signal comes to a halt, so both wait for it to change. As the fall breeze picks up slowly, Gongchan looks at Bomi. Digging her backpack, Bomi pulls out her earphones. Plugging them in to listen to her mp3 player, but as soon as she was about to put on her earphones. Gongchan interrupts with a question, “Hey, so are we really going to your house to do the project?”

“I was just kidding. Don’t get ahead of yourself.” She responds. “We can meet up somewhere instead.”

“No, knowing Jae Hee by now she’d follow me as soon as I leave my house.” Gongchan’s curiosity wants him to win. “Let’s just go to your place, since the coast is clear.”

“What was my first request on this agreement?”

“For me to listen to you, oh come on.”

“No.”

“Please, I really don’t think there’s any other chance we’ll get some peace.”

“Christ, does Jae Hee sniff your underwear at night too or something?”

“She could have been already.” Gongchan looks from side to side and shivers.

“Fine, one condition.”

“Anything.”

“Loan me your mp3 player till the project is due.” She then turns to him holding out her hand.

Gongchan looks at her and shakes his head. He couldn’t all of the members songs are on there. If word got out they are debuting soon. Gongchan could be in trouble with his manager.

“Fine, then I am leaving now. Have fun avoiding Jae Hee!” Bomi yells as she’s already halfway across the street. Gongchan didn’t even realize the signal gave way to walk ahead.

Gongchan quickly rushes across the street, catching up to her without thinking he hands her his mp3 player. She stops, looks at the mp3 player, looks up at him and smiles. “Daebak!” she grabs the mp3 player and hands him hers. “Fair trade right? I mean I’m not that much of an evil person to leave someone without music.” She plugs in her earphones and presses play. “Alright! Off to House de Bomi!” pointing forward she marches.

Gongchan couldn’t help but to smile again and follows her obediently.

-Bomi-

“Crap I look like a fool right now might as well continue with this. Marching yes! Marching” Bomi thinks to herself.

Up the road they go, walking along Bomi focuses on his mp3 player. She’s looking for that song again. Shuffle, play, and skip. Skip, skip, skip, and another skip. Still listening closely, Bomi looks behind to see if he’s still following. Every time she did look and do a funny or aegyo face. Keeping her laughter in, Bomi didn’t want to show him he amuses her. So she bit the side of her cheeks slightly.  Then a song  catches her attention, with a rock feel to it. She hears a guitar play, then a beat pops up along with it. About a minute in, just a few feet away from Bomi’s house she stops walking. The chorus of this song comes up “OK girl neoegeman yes man Mwodeunji da haejulge OK girl ijebuteo nikkeoya I love you”

Bomi turns on her heels and looks at Gongchan. “Who is this?” she asks.

“Who is who?”

“Who are these guys singing?” She pulls out one earphone and places it in his ear.

Gongchan stays silent. “I can’t say, a friend placed it on my mp3 player for me.”

“Oh? Well if you can find out who they are?”

“Alright”

Bomi then makes it finally to her house, opening the door with her key and lets her and Gongchan in. He starts to look around, Bomi sees some clothes laying around so she quickly picks them up. Tidying up as much as she can. “You can sit on the sofa, I’ll bring us a snack and something to drink.”

Bomi walks to the kitchen, pulls out her homemade lemonade from the fridge and grabs some cookies. “Unnie?” a whisper says behind her. Bomi quickly looks and sees Namjoo, “Goodness Namjoo, you scared me.” Namjoo walks in, she’s Bomi’s adopted sister.

“Mianhe, Unnie who’s the guy in our living room? He’s cute” she smiles.

“Namjoo, you don’t want to know.” She assorts everything on a small serving tray. “He’s here to work on a history project with me for our class. Do you need anything?”

“Can I join?”

Bomi then smirks,” Aishhh no Namjoo! He’s a terrible human being.” Namjoo pouts a little and finally pulls on Bomi’s heartstrings. “Fine, let’s go. But if you distract us too much you must leave the room.”

Namjoo crosses her heart and raises her hand up at the same time. Bomi walks into the living room where Gongchan’s sitting. “Here you go, thought we could use something to snack on.”

“Good timing too. Oh who is this?” Gongchan sees Bomi’s follower.

“This is my sister Namjoo, she wanted to introduce herself.”

“Hello, nice to meet you oppa.” Namjoo smiles, Bomi then nudges Namjoo’s arm. “Aish girl oppa really? You haven’t even known him for a minute!”

Gongchan smiles and shakes her hand, “No it’s okay, and you have a cute sister. Didn’t think it ran in the family.” Bomi rolls her eyes at him. “Alright, now let’s get started on this project.” Bomi sits and realizes Namjoo is still standing holding onto Gongchan’s hand. “Yah! Let go already Namjoo.” She rises quickly again and pulls Namjoo’s hand away. Namjoo giggles and sits on the sofa close to Gongchan scoots a little and takes a bite of the sugar cookie Bomi brought out. Bomi is just staring at Namjoo’s actions. Trying to focus on writing her name, it’s been only 3 minutes and they are doing the exact same thing. Bomi then throws her pencil down on the table and puts her things together and drags Gongchan by the arm to her bedroom.

“Unnie really needs to work on her project okay Namjoo? Eat whatever’s left of the cookies. I’ll be done in an hour or so.” Bomi yells back. She then shuts the door and realizes, what the hell did she just do?

Gongchan smiles and begins to look around her room. “So were you a bit jealous just now?” He laughs a bit under his breath.

“Not even, you weren’t focused on the project cause you wouldn’t stop staring at my sister.”

“Yeah says the girl who didn’t even write her last name yet on her paper.”

Bomi gives a glare. “Sit there.” She points to a flower shaped pillow on the floor. Bomi then walks to her desk and sits.

“Can I ask you something?” Gongchan says as he puts the pillow on his lap.

“What?”

“Where are your parents? Working? “

Bomi begins to write slowly, ”Oh they passed away a year ago.”  

“Oh, I’m sorry..”Gongchan says quietly.

Silence begins.

Bomi swivels around in her chair to face Gongchan, “Oh it’s fine, accidents happen. It’s just me and my sister right now. And we are still strong” she smiles.

Gongchan looks at her and nods. “ahh…then how did you get to keep a house this big?”

“oh my uncle in the states owns some company there and he sends us money, so it helps us with the bills here. Thus us keeping our home”

“ohh, sorry if I’m asking too much.” He says.

Bomi then gets up and sits next to him on the floor. She sighs then says “Nah, no worries sort of nice talking to someone else besides my sister for once. Usually it’s me and her.”

 “How do you do it?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like how do you stay strong like this?”

“Oh, it’s just something my parents taught me and my sister. Keep a positive attitude towards life, no matter the hardships. I complain here and there but I can’t live my life complaining all the time. So it’s always right to be hopeful for good things to come your way” Bomi stares up. She feels Gongchan staring at her again. She then looks at him and they meet eyes ,she feels something move in her chest. Thump.

Bomi quickly shakes her head and stands up. “alright let’s get started shall we?”

“Woah….”She thought to herself.