Chapter 2: Call Me Kim

Please Don't Recognize Me!

I stood there stunned. Ji-eun stopped behind me confused. I stared at Jung Yong Hwa. He didn’t even notice me. Right now, you’re probably thinking-How would you recognize him after 11 years of not seeing him?

            Well, this is what happened. After I moved to America, my parents still kept in touch with his parent’s. They kept sending me pictures of him until they got too busy to even stay in contact with Yong-hwa’s parents.

            Back then, my Aunt was taking care of me. She was very strict on me so she didn’t want me “wasting time” talking to friends. That’s why I rarely got to phone Yong-hwa. After a few years, we completely lost contact with each other.

            “Ju----“I tried to call out to him, but I got interrupted by a whole bunch of screams and shrieks.

            “They’re over there!!!” “I see them!!!” “Come on!” “Stop…!”

            I turned towards the voices to see a whole stampede of girls running towards the guys. I turned to Ji-eun.

            “What’s happening?!” I asked startled.

            She giggled, “Of course. I was expecting that…”

            “Care to explain?” I asked.

            “Those four guys over there, they’re the most popular boy group in this school. They’re practically idols—though they haven’t debuted yet,” she said, “The leader’s name is Jung Yong Hwa. He’s the most popular of the four.”

            I was stunned. This was the last thing I had expected. I was tempted to go up to Yong hwa and tell him I was his childhood friend. It would be embarrassing if he didn’t recognize me though. I don’t even want to think about the possibility that he had forgotten me either.

            “Let’s just find a way to get back to our rooms,” I suggested.

            “I’ll just go ask one of the girls,” Ji-eun said and went to ask.

            When we got back to our dorms, Ji-eun went to take a shower. I sat on my bed still trying to figure the Yong-hwa thing out. After a while, I decided to just try and avoid him. I mean, I really want to be friends with him again, but if I do, I’d probably ruin his reputation he has in this school.

            “From now on, call me Kim,” I told Ji-eun right after she finished her shower.

            She looked at me like I was crazy for a minute. “Why?!” she asked.

            “It’s my English name my Aunt made up. Mostly because my name is Kyungmi. Kim is short for Kimberly. I’m just used to people calling me Kim,” I said not telling her the whole truth.

            “Uh….Okay….” she trailed off and raised an eyebrow. I guess that means she still doesn’t believe me.

            I sighed. If she’s going to be my friend, I might as well tell her the truth. I told her about me and Yong hwa. Afterward, she just sat there stupefied.

            A while later she looked at me and was like: ”YOU AND JUNG YONG HWA ARE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS??!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY???!!!!!!!

            “Calm down!” I said—though it didn’t have much effect on her.

            “Omo! Omo! Isn’t this like destiny?!” she said getting way too excited, “So that’s why you stopped back then.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Ne, I can’t believe you just now figured it out,” I said, “Anyways, don’t tell him. Got it?”

            “But—“ she tried to protest.

            “No,” I said firmly.

            “I….” she tried again.

            “No,” I said again.

            She sighed giving up, “I’m going to take my shower,” I told her. She didn’t answer. I couldn’t see why she was mad at me. I mean, I didn’t even do anything.

            I finished my shower, said goodnight to Ji-eun (who was still pouting) and went to sleep. I fell asleep instantly—completely exhausted.

 


 

A/N:  I know....I'm really procrastinating on this-_-' It's just tooo much homework...and i got caught up in other fanfics^^ Anyways, Please comment and subscribe!