Chapter 10: Search for the Necklace and the Owner

Please Don't Recognize Me!

Kyungmi's POV:

I went to class and sat there waiting for everyone. I don't see why I try to hurry everyday considering everyone's always late anyways.

Class went by extremely slowly. I noticed Yonghwa wasn't paying much attention....he seemed anxious or troubled about something. I shook my head. I still read his expressions too well-even if he tries to put on a poker face. I kinda got worried and out of an old habit, I tried to touch the necklace....only to find it wasn't there.

I panicked. I couldn't help it. That necklace was extremely important to me. I tried searching my pockets and everything but I remembered that I had put it just this morning.

Then I remembered. I had bumped into that girl this morning...maybe it fell off at the entrance.

I was extremely tempted to just get up and run to the entrance and get it but I knew I had to wait at least till lunch.

The whole morning I squarmed in my seat and looked at the clock anxious to go find the necklace. I couldn't pay attention to any of my classes. When the bell finally rang for lunch, I practically leaped out of my chair and ran to the main entrance.

I spent my whole lunch period looking for it-with no luck. It wasn't there. I sighed. The only other choice would be the practice room....or someone had picked it up. I headed to class when the bell rang deflated. I didn't even notice the person that had been watching me the whole time....

 

Yonghwa's POV:

I kept staring at the necklace trying to make sure it was actually the one that I had given to Kyungmi but I already knew it was. There's no way it could have been someone else's because I had made my dad custom make it for me and Kyungmi. There's no other necklace like this.

I couldn't pay any attention in class because I kept thinking Kyungmi was actually in this school...but that was impossible too. If she was in this school I would have already recognized her already because of the pictures I had seen of her.

I sighed. None of this made any sense. I just made up my mind to go back to the spot where I found this necklace and wait. Maybe the girl that had this would come to look for it.

When lunch came, I headed to the entrance. When I got there, I saw this person already there....and it was a guy. To be exact, it was Kimmie. I frowned. This was just getting more and more weird. I watched Kimmie wander around as if he was trying to find something. He kept going back and forth on the place I had found the necklace.

When the bell rang to go to class, he sighed and started walking in. As he came in, I dodged to the side. He just walked past without noticing me.

I looked at the necklace that was in my hand. What in the world was that guy looking for? If it was this necklace...why would he have this in the first place?!!

I was just getting more and more frustrated. Shaking my head, I went to class too.

 

Kyungmi's POV:

When class ended I went straight to the practice room. I wasn't expecting to find the necklace but it was worth a try. After about an hours, I gave up. It wasn't there either.

I went back to my dorm tired. Ji-eun was waiting for me.

"Where were you?! You didn't come to lunch either! Do you know how worried I was?!!!" she squeeled the moment she saw me.

"Sorry," I smiled apologetically and I told her what had happened.

Her eyes widened. "Do you want me to help look for you?" she asked.

I shook my head. "It's no use. Someone probably picked it up or something."

"...What if....Yonghwa had picked it up?" she asked.

I glared at her. "Yah! Don't jinx me!"

She giggled. "That would just add more drama to this situation."

I rolled my eyes. "Please. I don't need any more drama. Acting as a boy just makes up for all of that."

Ji-eun nodded smiling. "Yeah, yeah. It still won't hurt to add a bit more excitement..."

I glared at her again.

"Anyways," she suddenly changed the topic, " I'm hungry let's go eat!"

"Fine, it's just we don't have much food at our dorm. Why don't we just go out to eat?" I suggested.

Ji-eun nodded eagerly. "Ne! I'll call Suzy too."

We met at the entrance gate and went to find a place to eat. Ji-eun suggested we go to this cozy, little restaurant nearby. We found an empty table and sat down to look at the menu.

Suzy suddenly widened her eyes. "C...C...CN..." she started studdering.

I face palmed myself...Why?! I'd better not be them again! I thought...prayed.

"Omo! Kimmie-hyung!" I heard Minhyuk exclaim next to me. I sighed. Of course.

"Yah!" I turned to him, "Are you following me?!"

He jumped slightly. "I...I'm sorry! W...we...I...usually eat here for dinner...so..." he looked like he was about to cry.

I immediately felt sorry for saying that. "I...I'm sorry...I didn't mean it that way...It's just you guys keep appearing everywhere I go..." I said rambling on.

"It's okay," Jonghyun said, " This guy is just a little baby. He'd cry over nothing. Just ignore him." Minhyuk pouted. "Yah!"

"Anyways, why don't we eat together?" Jonghyun continued ignoring Minhyuk. "I mean, if it's alright with you and your friends." He glanced at Ji-eun and Suzy who was (of course) nodding their heads enthusiastically.

"I'll sit next to Kimmie!!!" Minhyuk suddenly proclaimed but before he could sit, Jonghyun grabbed him. They started struggling around when Jungshin tried to sit down...he got pushed into the stupid arguement too. I sighed. Boys...

Somehow, Yonghwa ended up sitting next to me glaring at the other members for attracting so much attention to this table.

"A...anyways...let's order something," Ji-eun said trying to change the subject.

The meal was extremely awkward considering nobody knew what to say...well except for Minhyuk who just babbled on about random stuff.

Suddenly, Yonghwa turned to me and asked, "Did you lose something?"

The first thing that came to mind was the necklace...but it would have been too coincidencial for him to know... so I just told him the truth--most of the truth.

"No...but a friend of mine lost a necklace..." I said nervously. "Why?"

"Who?" he asked suddenly curious. "What's her name?"

"I...how did you know she was a girl?" I asked. I now had the suspicion that maybe he does know about the necklace...

He shrugged not answering my question. "So? What's her name?" he repeated.

"I...I don't know...She's my sister's friend...um...and...she was...um...trying to get through the crowd to see you guys!" I stammered before finally coming up with a lie. "S...She lost it...and m...my sister asked me to find it for her...you know...since I attend this school..."

He stared at me. I knew he didn't believe me. "Your sister's friend again?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

I nodded nervously trying to look honest.

He just sighed like he knew I wasn't going to tell the truth anyways. He didn't ask anymore.

After Yonghwa finished eating, he got up to go to the restroom. I was about to get up too but I saw that Yonghwa had dropped something when he was getting up.

My eyes widened when I saw it was the necklace. Yeah...the same one that Yonghwa had given me years ago...the same one I had lost this morning...and the same one Yonghwa had found.

I knew there was something fishy!!! I just kept thinking it wouldn't be that coincidencial...Aish!!! Otoke?!!!(what do I do?)

"Kimmie?" Ji-eun called. "Is there something wrong?"

I turned to her. "A...Anyio..." She raised an eyebrow not believing me. I ignored it. I had a lot more to worry about right now.

I was about to pick up the necklace than I paused. I couldn't just take it. If I did, Yonghwa would be suspicous on how he lost it...at the dinner...then probably suspect one of us on taking it. I couldn't have that happen so I just left the necklace even though I really wanted it.

If I don't act suspicious, he won't suspect me. Besides, he thinks I'm a guy...it'll be okay. I tried to assure myself as I walked to the restroom...................only to remember that if I was to act as a guy, I'd have to go to the boy's restroom--and that was not going to happen. I made a complete U turn and walked back to our table.

 


 

A/N: I know it's been a long time since I've updated...really sorry about that. (I was just busy on homework--it wasn't fun =_='   And of course...it's just the procrastinating thing. I just can't seem to quit the habit ;_;)   Still! PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks ^^