Chapter 11: Suspicion... and Ideas for the Competition

Please Don't Recognize Me!

When we finally went back to our dorms, I was exhausted. I was still worried on how to get the necklace back from Yonghwa. I decided to just not think about it...too much thinking gives me a headache-_-' I went straight to bed a fell asleep.

The next day, I woke up when my alarm went off. I sluggishly went to get ready for practice.

When I arrived at the practice room, I was surprised to find only Yonghwa in there.

I stood at the door awkwardly--I couldn't decide if I should go in or just leave and wait for the other members first. And, of course, just as I was about to walk out, Yonghwa noticed me.

"Oh, your here early again," he said.

"Y...yeah...wait. Early? Isn't it already 6?" I asked.

"Um...it's still 5..."he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh..." Shoot! What do I do now???

"Hey...why are you just standing at the door like that?" Yonghwa asked after an awkward silence.

"Oh....y...yeah," I stumbled away from the door and closed it.

"Hey...can I ask you a question?" he said suddenly.

"S...Sure..." I said uncertainly.

"...Do you know anyone named Park Kyungmi?" he asked directly.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I shook my head ferociously, my eyes still wide in shock. (I probably looked like an idiot with my mouth all wide open and everything...-_-')

"...Why do you look so afraid?" he asked, his eyes narrowing. "Are you hiding something?"

I shook my head harder. Is he suspecting me?!!! How did he... I didn't even take the necklace!!! Aish!!! Otoke?!!!.......Wait...he still remembers me? For some reason, I couldn't help but feel a bit happy about it.

Yonghwa sighed. "Well...if you don't want to tell, it's not like I can make you."

He went back to practicing and ignoring me. Even though I was mostly relieved, there was also this part of me that felt a bit disappointed. I shook my head. No it's better that he doesn't know. I thought trying to convice myself.

I started practicing myself and after a while, Jonghyun came in.

"Hey, don't you think we should at least try to finish selecting what song we want to dance to for the competition?" Jonghyun said.

Yonghwa nodded. "Yeah...but that's like the hardest thing. Do you have any suggestions?"

Jonghyun shrugged. "I've been thinking but I haven't really got anything. There's so many songs that could work but I can't choose which one is the best."

"Um... shouldn't the song be something that could express this group?" I said. "I mean, everyone in this group is so different. Shouldn't we do something that could show all of our talents or something..."

Yonghwa and Jonghyun both turned to me surprised.

"W...What? It was just a suggestion..." I said nervously.

"You know...I think that is a good idea," Yonghwa said suddenly.

It was my turn to stare at him. I didn't think he would agree to something I said that easily....I guess it's just that he never seemed to consider me like all the other members. I don't even think he thinks of me as a friend...

"I agree too," Junghyun said, "The problem, though, is the song..."

"Is it against the rules to make up your own song?" I asked.

"No... but--"

I interupted Jonghyun, "Then why not just make our own song? I mean, it might take longer but it's better than just sitting here doing nothing."

They thought for a second.

"That is a good idea actually..." Yonghwa said agreeing with me again. "I have some experience in writing music and I can play the rhythm guitar and rap. Jonghyun can play the guitar too, Jungshin can play the bass guitar, and Minhyuk can play the drums. We could just record the song and then make up a dance for it. It could be a lot of work but if we work hard enough we could probably make it in time..."

Jonghyun nodded. "That is a good plan...by the way," he turned to me. "Do you play any instrument?"

I hesitated then nodded. "I play the keyboard," I said.

"Then that's perfect!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"What's perfect?" Minhyuk asked as he walked in with Jungshin.

"The competition!" Jonghyun answered.

"Huh?" Minhyuk and Jungshin both chorused.

"Ignore him," Yonghwa said. "Anyways, we've decided what we are going to do for the competition."

"Really? What song did you guys pick?" Minhyuk asked.

"We didn't pick a song. We're going to compose our own," Yonghwa explained simply.

Minhyuk and Jungshin both gapped at him. "What?!!!" they exlaimed at the same time.

"I can do most of the composing and if you guys want to edit something in the end, you can tell me. After the song is finished, we can just play it ourselves, record it, then make up our own dance," Yonghwa explained.

Minhyuk and Jungshin both nodded, agreeing with the suggestion.

Then Jungshin frowned. "But will we be able to make the deadline?"

"If we work hard enough, we might be able to make it," Yonghwa said.

"Might?" Jungshin said uncertainly.

Yonghwa shrugged. "We have months to get this down. We can at least try--it's better to at least have a plan."

They nodded. "Okay! I like that idea! Let's start practicing!!!" Minhyuk shouted excitedly.

"What practice idiot? I still have to compose the song," Yonghwa said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh...yeah..." ^_^'

 


 

A/N: I actually updated earlier this time XD Hope you guys like it...and again please subscribe and comment!!!