Chapter 13: Mom...?!!!

Please Don't Recognize Me!

My phone rang loudly, startling me awake. Groggily, I grabbed it and looked at the caller id. MOM.

"Ne... Do you need something?" I asked yawning.

"Omo. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry," mom said. "Why haven't you called me? It's been like two weeks since you've been at your new college and you haven't even called me or your dad once!"

I rolled my eyes. She's finally got time off work now to remember me huh? I thought. I sighed, "Sorry. I've been buzy. I joined this group and we have to practice a lot so..." I cursed myself. Why did I tell her about that.

"Group?!!! Omo! What kind of group is it? Dancing? What do they wear???" Mom started asking me questions nonstop. Suddenly she stopped and was like, " Wait... You got in a group...dressed like that...? What group is this?"

"I...it's um... a kpop group...they're actually really popular right now..." I said trying to avoid the topic.

"Park Kyungmi," Mom said sternly. She only says that when she's being extremely serious about something so I knew I had to tell the truth now.

I sighed. "Okay, okay...It's a boy group," I confessed. "But it wasn't like I really wanted to join! ...they kinda made me..." I said trying to make an excuse.

"PARK KYUNGMI!!!!" Mom exclaimed loudly. "Yah! A...are you crazy??!!! Why did you join their group? Your a girl! Y...you...your a famous fashion designer's daughter! Y...You..."

She went on and on about how I'd be a disgrace to her and dad--because you know...everyone knows that I'm their daughter...since they can't even figure out if I'm a guy or girl, they'll totally care about some random person joining a group.

I heard Mom sigh. "This isn't going anywhere is it? You're probably not listening to a word I'm saying..." she said.

"Did you need something?" I asked.

"No why?" she sounded confused.

"Well, I couldn't think of another reason why you would call me.... Well if you don't need anything, I'm hanging up. I'm going to practice," I said quickly.

"Okay...actually...you have classes today right? When do they end?" Mom asked.

"Ne... they end at 2:30."

"I'll pick you up at 3. It's been a long time since I've seen you...We might as well do some bonding time while I'm free right?" she said cheerfully.

I sighed silently. "Ne..."

I hung up and looked at the time. It was 5. (Don't ask why my mom would call me at 5 in the morning-- she just has a wierd schedule.) I got up quietly and got my stuff for practice....then I just sat there waiting. I didn't want to go too early so that I'd be alone with Yonghwa. If I was, then he'd probably bombord me with questions that I'd have quite a hard time answering...

When I finally arrived at the practice room, everyone was already there. Since the song wasn't done yet, we had nothing to do except practice some moves that we might use. When practice was done, I tried to hurry out of the room...but Yonghwa stopped me.

"Kimmie," he called as the other members left to take showers.

I stiffened. "N...ne?"

"I need to talk to you," he said demandingly.

"I...I really need to get ready for class...we'll talk later okay?" I said turning to the door quickly.

"It'll only take a minute," he said.

I sighed. I couldn't avoid it forever. "Ne."

"Do you know Park Kyungmi?" he went straight to the point.

I tried to look at him straight in the eyes. "A...aniyo. W...waeyo?"

He stared at me. "Quit lying. It's obvious you know her. Why are you trying to hide that fact?"

I looked away. "I...really have to go..." I said quickly and hurried off.

Thankfully, he didn't have another chance to confront me the whole day. After classes ended, I dropped my books and stuff in my room and went to the gate to meet Mom.

"Kyungmi!!!!" Mom called at me loudly. I looked around nervously and thankfully nobody was around.

"Mom! I'm supposed to be a guy remember?!" I exclaimed as I got in the car.

She gave me a disapproving look. "Why are you pretending to be a guy anyways?" she asked. There was a pause and when she figured out that I had no intention of answering her, she continued on with the lecture about how I should be wearing more fashionable girly clothes since I was her daughter and whatnot...

We just kind of sat there with her rambling on and on. Then suddenly she said, "I know! We should go shopping and get you some decent looking clothes! You're going to be with me the whole day and you are going to have to where what I want you to at least for today!"

"What?!!!" I exclaimed just digesting what she had said. "No way! If we see someone from my school, they are going to recognize me! Lots of people go shopping after classes and---"

"No argueing. You have to be a girl at least for one day. Be glad I'm letting pretend to be a guy at your university!" she said with a I-am-never-going-to-back-down-because-I'm-way-too-stubborn tone.

I sighed. When my mom has something she wants to do, she is never going to back down. "Whatever," I muttered moodily.

She drove to some random stores nearby and had me try on a whole load of outfits. She bought a lot of them for me and ended up choosing a normal white one piece dress with a peach jacket after much convincing that the other revealing and sparkly dresses would be wayyyyy too over the top. She did make me carry a blue purse and wear a wig though.

Outfit:

Outfit

After a few hours of nonstop shopping, we stopped at a random restaurant to eat.

"What do you want to eat?" Mom asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't care. Pick for me. I can eat anything right now," I said worn out.

The waiter came to get our orders and I happened to glance up...and see some really familiar looking group of guys walking in. My eyes widened. CN Blue...of course they would just suddenly pop up and meet me when I least want them to. I quickly turned my head the other way as they passed me to get to their seat. Luckily, Mom was too busy ordering food to notice Yonghwa.

"Kyungmi, are you okay with this?" She asked me pointing at something from the menu.

I nodded without even looking. "Let's eat quickly okay? You still want to go shopping right?" I said urgently.

Mom looked at me wierdly but didn't question me. That was one of the things I loved about her. She would never try to pry into other people's business.

We ate quickly and I nevously glanced at Yonghwa's table from time to time but it didn't seem like any of them noticed me.

When we finally left the restaurant, I sighed in relief. Yonghwa didn't see me or Mom....at least that was what I thought.

 


 

A/N: Hey guys! I know I haven't updated for a LONG time and i'm really sorry :(  I'll try to update more now if I have time. All the homework I have this year is killing me  =_='

PS: Please Comment and Subscribe :) :) :) :) :)