Chapter 15: Shock

Please Don't Recognize Me!

Jonghyun's POV:

I knew something was bothering Yonghwa as soon as I saw him. I could tell that Minhyuk and Jungshin could tell too. We weren't his friends for nothing.

We didn't try to ask Yonghwa about what happened. Knowing him, there's no way he'd tell us. Instead, Minhyuk decided to go to Lotte World after school to cheer him up....(though it was probably just Minhyuk who wanted to go himself but it wasn't a bad idea so I agreed.)

We met up after school and headed to Lotte World. At first, it was fun. We all went on different rides and ate a lot of food. After a while though, I heard some girls start talking about us.

"Hey...isn't that the group that won the dance competition last year?"

"Oh! They look like it! They won that k-pop star competion too! What were they called....?"

"CNBlue or something like that...They're hot!!!"

"Let's try to talk to them!"

The moment they started walking toward us, we ran. This had happened to us before and it had ended horribly. I don't know why we never thought to put on  a disguise.

I saw more girls gathering to chase us. We had split up but they still managed to chase after me. I looked ahead and saw a gift shop in front of me. Desperately, I inside and shut the door. I looked outside and thankfully saw that the girls had run past the shop.

I sighed relieved and decided to just stay in this shop for a while. I turned around to only to meet a very familiar pair of eyes.

Kimmie...except he had long hair and was wearing girl clothes.

My eyes widened in shock. I saw his...or her eyes widen too as she quickly turned around.

"Y...You...!" I studdered not really able to get the words out of my mouth.

Kyungmi's POV:

I quickly turned around trying to hide my face even though I doubted it would work. Then I slowly edged towards the door. As I tried to go past Jonghyun, I suddenly felt him grab my wrist. I looked at him a bit surprised then hid my face again after I remembered that I was trying to get him to not recognize me.

"Kimmie or whatever your real name is. Mind explaining?" Jonghyun finally said after he recovered from his shock.

I sighed and looked at him since there was no point in hiding anyways. I saw that him calmly--no it was more like he was curiously--staring at me.

"I...I..." I studdered not knowing exactly how to explain the situation...or if I even should explain it to him. "I-didn'tmeantodressupasaboyandjointhegroup.IswearI'mnotoneofthosefangirlsthatarecrazyenoughtodothat.I-reallyhavemyownreasonssopleasedon'tbemadatme!" I managed to say all of that in one breath then I squeezed my eyes shut and looked down waiting for his reaction.

I waited for a moment then looked back up to him. He looked at me, blinked a few time then said, "What...?"

"I... I said that I didn't mean to dress up as a boy and join the group. I just had my own reasons on why I didn't tell you guys that I was a girl and I'm not one of those crazy fan girls that would do crazy things just to get close to you guys...." I explained a bit slower but I still looked at the ground.

After another silence, Jonghyun said " How about we go somewhere else and you can tell me exactly what your 'reasons' are?"

I nodded a bit reluctantly and followed him out of the shop.

We walked out of Latte World and found a small, quiet cafe nearby. We both ordered some coffee then I awkwardly sat there not knowing how to exactly where to begin while he just looked at  me expectedly.

"...At first...well...I..." and I stammered through the whole time trying to explain to him how I was Yonghwa's childhood friend then how Minhyuk forced persuaded me to join the group and so on. I was never good with words so it took me a while to get the whole thing out--especially with me pausing every once in a while debating on whether or not to say it. Jonghyun was really patient and seem to be even understanding about the situation, but I didn't exactly want to get my hopes up.

After I finished talking, we kind of just sat in silence for a few minutes. I guess he was trying to absorb all of it...or trying to organize whatever I said so that he could even understand it.

"...So...your still going to help us for the competition right...?" Jonghyun said after a while.

I blinked at him. "N...ne..?" I looked at him stupidly. I mean after I said all that, he asks me about the competition of all things..?

"Well we don't have much time so we can't exactly look for someone else..." he tried to explain then added, "Ok, so I guess I'm just trying to ask if you could stay in our group until at least after the competition is over."

"B..but don't you mind having a girl in your group?!" I asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know you very well but you don't seem like one of those crazy fangirls. You haven't done anything to offend me so I don't see why it's a problem. Besides, the competition judges didn't specify what gender has to be in our group so unless nobody from school finds out your a girl , it shouldn't be a problem."

Though I could see his logic, I still couldn't believe he's just easily let me in the group....well maybe it's just me that was being a bit hopeful that he'd try to kick me out. Yonghwa was being more and more suspicious of me and I've been so jumpy because of that.

"On the other hand, you used to be Yonghwa's childhood friend?!" Jonghyun asked incredulously. "How did you deal with him?! What was he like when he was small? Was he spoiled? He was wasn't he?"

I was a bit surprised at the sudden change of subject. "H...he was actually a nice kid. Pretty normal if you ask me."

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow completely not believing me.

"I'm serious! He may have been pretty unsocial at first but when I got to know him, he loved to joke around and stuff....though he does have an extemely unusual fear of bees, cockroaches, and goldfishes of all things," I said laughing at the memory.

Jonghyun kind of just stared at me a bit amazed.

"What? You didn't know he was afraid of those?" I asked a bit confused.

"No...that and the fact that you actually know this...still I guess it makes sense since your his childhood friend but he never showed that side to us. Bees, cockroaches, and goldfishes...? How come..." he just kept rambling on and on to the point I was completely conviced that he forgot I was sitting in front of him.

"...So anyways...back to the main point. You won't tell Yonghwa right?" I asked.

He looked up at me confused. "I still don't get why you don't want him to know that your his childhood friend. I'm sure he'd be happy," he said trying to convice me.

I shook my head. "I just don't. It's been years and there's no point. He's already living his life as a leader of a almost famous group. I don't want to interfere."

Jonghyun sighed. "Well it's not my place to tell him anyways...but I hope you change your mind."

"Let's just get back to the dorms," I said trying to change the subject. "It's getting pretty late."

He sighed and nodded probably finally giving up on trying to convice me because I was too stubborn...at least I hope he gave up.

We separated when we arrived at the gate. I headed straight to my dormroom to tell Ji-eun what had happened.

When I told her that Jonghyun found out about me being a girl, she completely stopped what she was doing and turned to me with an extremely shocked expression on her face. After she blinked at me a few times, she managed to ask how he found out.

"I don't see why your so shocked," I said rolling my eyes. "I knew someone was going to find out sooner or later, especially with my mom dragging me everywhere in girl form. At least it wasn't Yonghwa or one of those crazy fan-girls. I'm actually a bit glad that Jonghyun was the one to find out...he took the information pretty calmly and decided to keep quiet." I reasoned with her.

Jonghyun's POV:

Even though I had seemed to be completely calm when Kim...Kyungmi was telling me everything, my mind was a mess. I just somehow couldn't compute the fact that she was a girl...and on top of that Yonghwa's childhood friend. She seemed to know a whole different Yonghwa that us members knew and I could tell she treasured her memories of him. Still, the fact that she refused to tell him who she was confused me. If any other girl, they would run straight to him and try to take advantage of the fact...but then again, Kyungmi didn't exactly seem like all the other girls.

I was completely submerged in my thoughts that I hadn't realize Yonghwa come in the dormroom and walk over to me.

"Yah...Jonghyun...Jonghyun!" Yonghwa waved his hand at my face to get my attention. "Where did you go? We were all looking for you in Lotte World...thought you got kidnapped by a crazy fangirl of something."

I laughed, "I'm not that dumb Yongyong. I was trying to avoid them and left Lotte World...I guess I just forgot to tell you guys."

Yonghwa frowned. "What the heck did you just call me?"

I blinked at him then cursed myself for the slip of my tongue. "Ummm...I just thought it would be a cute nickname for you...ahahaha..." I tried to cover it up and ended with an awkward laugh. Fail. Still, he shouldn't notice anything...right? I mean, Yongyong is a pretty obvious nickname for him so he shouldn't be suspicous of me knowing his childhood nickname...I hope so at least.

Yonghwa rolled his eyes. "Do I look cute to you? Don't ever call me that again," he said

"Yeah yeah," I said a bit relieved that he didn't catch on to anything.