Chapter 12: The notebook

Please Don't Recognize Me!

The next few days pasted by in a blur. It was pretty much the same routine every day. Yonghwa seemed extremely strested all the time and though I wanted to help, I didn't exactly know what to do. I actually had some experience in composing songs too....but it was mostly just for fun. I had a special notebook for all the songs I made--though most of the songs were unfinished.

I finally made up my mind to somehow sneak my notebook to Yonghwa without him knowing it. Maybe it would give him some ideas or something.

So, the next day at practice, I brought the notebook along. I spotted Yonghwa's bag and clothes layed down carelessly in the corner so when he wasn't looking, I secretly snuck my notebook into his bag.

When practice finished, I ran out as quickly as I could. When I went got to my dormroom I suddenly remembered.... I had written my name on the notebook. I mean, I hadn't written 'Kimmie' but I had written 'Kyungmi'...and if Yonghwa found out that I attended this school--I'd be dead.

Aish! Why am I so stupid?!!! I cursed myself silently. Even if Yonghwa had suspected me of attending this school when he found the necklace, at least he didn't think I knew who he is. Still, this is bad...what do I do now????

Yonghwa's POV:

I got to class early. Usually, I hang out with the other members at the entrance after practice, but I needed start making a song. Though I enjoy composing...this was a lot of stress. I just couldn't find the right notes to express this group.

I searched through my backpack for my composing notebook...only to find one that wasn't mine. I opened the notebook confused. How did this get in my bag?

The notebook was filled with unfinished songs...though all of them were really good. All the melodies were unique and the words fit. I flipped to the back of the notebook and found a name written on the corner:

Park Kyungmi

I stared at the name uncomprehensively. My eyes widened. WHAT???!!!!

Just then Kimmie came in looking a bit flustered. He met my eyes then turned away almost as if he was scared. I glanced down at the name again then flipped through the book. It was definately Kyungmi's handwritting.

I looked at Kimmie and remembered how I had seen her looking for the necklace. If anyone, he'd be the one to know Kyungmi. I decided to try and ask him when we were alone. There's no way I'd let someone hear us talking about a girl and start rumors.

I kept staring at Kimmie with suspicion--my mind was filled with unanswered questions.

"Yah! Yonghwa!" Jonghyun called. "What are you staring at? I asked you if you had any ideas about the song yet!!!"

I looked at him a bit annoyed and just shrugged.

Kyungmi's POV:

I walked nervously to my desk. I could almost feel Yonghwa staring at me.

Otoke???? I thought silently. I knew he was going to ask me about it as soon as he got a chance. I still had no idea what I was to say. I can't exactly lie and say I have no idea what he's talking about because he'd see right through me. (Whenever I lie, I'd always avoid eye-contact and start stuttering. It's a bad habit of mine...)

I didn't pay attention to the teacher the whole class period. I kept worrying and trying to figure out how to avoid him....even though I wasn't getting anywhere.

I was so glad when class was over. The only other class I had with him was English Lit. and that was after lunch so I have some time to calm myself...if I can.

I actually got away with him not asking me today...but I knew I couldn't avoid him tomorrow--not with the practice.

I sighed on the way to my dormroom. This is going to be a loooong year.... I kept asking myself why I still avoided him. He doesn't seem to care much about his reputation and I know now that he remembers me...but I just can't bring myself to tell him that I'm Kyungmi.

I guess it's just that I'm scared of what he would do if he found out that I was keeping it a secret. I was afraid he might not accept me anymore...or he might not like the way I am now.

I spent the rest of the day absentminded then went to sleep early so I could escape from the complicated thoughts.

 


 

A/N: I know it's been like months since I last updated and I'm extremely sorry about that... I was busy catching up on my dramas and though that's not the best excuse--it's probably a pretty reasonable one.^^ Also in May I was studying for my AP tests and semester test =_=' (Not Fun) Anyways...I'll try to update again soon when I have time :)