Chapter 1: When We Meet

Please Don't Recognize Me!

Park Kyungmi POV:

(This will mostly be in her point of view...just saying^^)

I stood in front of the school gates with the school towering over me. A feeling of anticipation mixed with anxiety bubbled up in me. I paused, took a deep breath and went in. The campus grounds were beautiful. I walked around fascinated. I saw the dorms and the main school building. I kept walking till I reached the administration office. When I went in, a woman in the front desk greeted me.

"How may I help you?" she asked smiling.

"Umm.... I'm a transfer student..." I trailed off unsure what to say.

"Oh! Yes, let me get you schedule and dorm room." she started rustling through these papers. When she found what she was looking for, she stared at it confused. "Park Kyungmi?" she looked at me questioningly.

"Yeah that's me," I confirmed. I just realized what it was that made her confused. Of course it would be because she thought I was a boy. I sighed. I guess it was all my fault anyways.

I happened right before I left America to come back to Korea. One of my friend's friend found out she had cancer. I-with my stupid self-decided to let my friends at least have a good memory of me. That's why I decided to cut my hair and donate it to a cancer company. Who knew I looked so bad with short hair...-_-'

Anyways, when I arrived in Korea, my mom took one look at me and exclaimed, "What happened to your hair?!!!!" Considering Mom is a fashion designer, I guess it was natural for her to flip out like that. She tried a whole bunch of techniques to make me look "girly" again but none of them worked. In the end, she just decided I looked better if I dressed like a boy for now. ( I didn't really mind since boys' clothes are pretty comfortable ^^)

"Here," the woman interrupted my thoughts. She handed me my schedule and dorm #.

"Thanks," I mumbled and hurried out.

I found the girls' dormitory after wandering around for about half and hour. I took my time since today was Saturday, and I had nothing else to do. When I finally found my room, I knocked on the door just in case someone was there. I wasn't really expecting there to be anybody so I was surprised when the door opened. A girl with long, black hair and adorable face looked at me. She stared at me trying to figure out why I was here.

"...I'm the transfer student," I said for the second time. "I guess I'm supposed to be your roommate?"

Her face lit up. "Oh! Park Kyungmi right? I was waiting for you. I'm Lee Ji-eun," she said letting me inside. "I'm sorry, I didn't know who you were. You look very boyish."

"Y...Yeah. It's okay," I muttered surprised at her bluntness.

"Oh! I'm sorry if that offended you,," she apologized.

"It's okay--really," I said. I really couldn't get mad at her. Besides, she was just saying the truth.

"Here, I'll help you unpack," she said.

After we finished, we went to get some ice-cream in some store near the school. We talked the whole time. It turns out that she was trying to major in singing, and she likes to play the guitar.

When we went back to the school grounds, we just walked around.

"Do you usually stay at the school in the weekends?" I asked.

"Most people do. For me, my parents are usually busy so I don't see the point in going home," she said.

I nodded and didn't say anymore.

We had walked for a long time now so I had no idea where we were.

"Ne... Ji-eun, where are we?" I asked.

She looked around for a while and didn't answer me.

"Ummm... How long have you been in this school?" I asked nervously.

"...A few months? I started this year," she answered.

"So you should know this school pretty well by now right?"

She didn't say anything for a while. "I'm just not good with directions," she finally said.

I sighed, "Let's find someone and ask."

She nodded and we started walking a random direction. I didn't see anybody for a while.

"I thought you said most people stay here in the weekends. Where is everyone?" I asked getting frustrated.

"Well most of them are either in their rooms or practicing..."she said.

"Still...Wait, I think I see someone," I said. I walked in towards the person with Ji-eun behind me. As I got closer, I saw that it was actually four people. Then I noticed that one of them looked oddly familiar. My eyes widened.

I recognized him.

He was Jung Yong Hwa.

 


A/N:

Yeah...I know the meeting part was wayyy too dramatic but I couldn't find another way for them to meet =_='  Also this chapter is kind of boring...the next chapter will be too but it'll get more interesting in the 3rd chapter ^^--when I can actually find the time to update it...T_T