Chapter 9

The Voice

 

I can’t make it today. I’m busy.

 

Minho scoffed at the message he just received. Since he exchanged numbers with Krystal, all she has been sending him are messages regarding the assignment. Does she have a life? At least ask me how I’m doing! Not that I want her to anyway…

“Key! I’m free today, ice witch is busy.”

“Oh? But I’m busy today, sorry. Ask the others?”

Minho got the same reply. All were busy. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? I guess I could go around by myself since I’ve got no homework anyway.

 

 

Minho boarded a bus and went out to town. He had a nice lunch of bibimbap at a famous restaurant and took a stroll looking into the shops. Just as he wanted to leave, he saw a music store. Weird, I’ve never seen it before. Must be new.  With that thought in mind, he walked right into the store.

“Annyeonghaseyo?” The bell jingled as he opened the door. No answer. Oh well.

Minho began to look around at the CDs they sold. Not bad. They sold his favourite band – CNBLUE. He was more into bands than girl groups or boy groups. They prance about too much, that’s what he always thought about dance groups. He hummed a tune from ‘I’m A Loner’ as he flipped through the albums displayed.

“Hmm? I’ve never got this one.” He talked to himself, thinking there was no one there. Just as he was about to grab Bluelove, he heard a voice. Am I hallucinating? What’s wrong with me? Minho stopped and listened. The voice sounds familiar… Minho widened his eyes as he realised that the voice he’s hearing is the same one from the library.

 

Won’t you try?

Won’t you try?

 

Daijoubu sa, run run run with me

Take my hands, run run run with me

 

Kienai, kako wa boku ga shou yo, run run run with me

I vow, that I will not let you regret let’s go, run run run with me

 

The voice faded into a hum and then nothing. Minho quickly checked the next aisle, looking for the owner of the voice. And the next and the next. Nothing. Was that a ghost? Minho shivered. I’m crazy, so crazy. He sighed and went back to take the album that he wanted to buy.

 

 

“Krystal Jung?” Krystal whipped her head to see the owner of the voice.

“Choi Minho? What are you doing here? I thought I said I was busy. Are you following me?”

“Umm no, why would I want to follow you?”

“How would I know?” Krystal narrowed her eyes. Only a person like you would know. Wonder what you’re up to.

“Anyway, what are you doing here?” Minho looked at her from head to toe.

“I work here?” She said, as a matter of factly.

“Uh okay. I’m going to get this one, please.”

“Bluelove? You like CNBLUE?” Krystal scoffed.

“It is a crime?” Minho mocked her from what she said the other day.

“I thought someone as outgoing as you would listen to dance music or something.”

“Nah, not my type.” Minho said, remembering something from just a moment ago. “Hey, did you see any girl here? Like just now?”

“Umm, no. Your girlfriend?”

“I don’t have one.”

“How surprising. 40, 000 won. And here’s a free poster, bye.”

“What great customer service you have.” Krystal fake smiled as she handed Minho the stuff he bought.

“Get lost.”

 

 

Minho sighed as he put the new CD he bought into his radio. As the songs played, he thought about his encounter with ‘the voice’ again. Something’s really weird about it. It only appears when I’m alone. Minho looked around him. Alone.  I don’t hear it.  He sighed.

“Hello?”

“Are you busy?”

“Nope, why hyung?”

“Care to listen to my problems?”

“Uhh, sure.”

Minho explained to Taemin what he has been going through from the first encounter at the library to what just happened at the music store.

“It was weird. The voice only can be heard when I’m alone. And at public places.”

“I don’t know, hyung. I’ve never experienced this sort of thing before. Maybe you should go somewhere public, alone?”

“Great idea, Taem. I should do that.”

“I was just crapping though.”

“No no, it’s a wonderful idea. Thanks, Taem.”

“S-sure hyung.”

 

 


 

Well, I wrote 2 pages in word but it's still a lil short. I hope you guys don't mind. A number of you have been pestering me and I feel kinda guilty heehee.

Way to go.

Anyway, it's the holidays for me until January yay and I hope I'll have more time to write.

This week I'm pretty full sorry. But hopefully I can think more ideas.

Just watched an inspiring movie teehee.

Hope you guys can leave some comments and if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

AND PESTER ahahaha.

 

btw the song in here is Run With Me by SHINee. It's Japanese in the Dazzling Girl album whee~