Chapter 5

The Voice

 

“Watch where you’re going, nut head.”

“Did you by chance see a girl pass by?”

“No.” Krystal raised one eyebrow. Minho sighed and looked around. No one.

“Ah, never mind then.”

“Where were you? I went looking for you at the table.” Right. That.

“Uhh, hah. I was looking for books! Yeah, books.” He smiled sheepishly at her.

“Mhmm.” Krystal walked back to the table and Minho trailed behind her.

 

 

Research is over, yes! Krystal put down her book and stretched her arms. She looked at the big clock on the wall. Ahh, almost dinner time. She looked at Minho. He was sleeping on an open book with his mouth open. This kid. How do girls even like him? But somehow, Krystal continued staring at his sleeping face. His eyes are so freaking big. Probably did some surgery.  She looked at his nose then his mouth. Yep. Probably got Botox or something. She kicked his chair.

“Get up, . It’s late.” Minho mumbled some incoherent words.

“Yah, ireona!”

“Okay okay, keep your voice down. It’s the library.”

“The library is gonna close if you don’t wake your up!” Krystal said as she packed all her stuff.

“Okay okay!” Minho closed the book he slept on and wiped his drool.

“God, you’re disgusting.”

“Shut up, I’m sure you drool.” Minho defended himself.

“Not in public.” Krystal said and left. So the almighty Krystal drools in her sleep? Hah! Minho grinned as he quickly ran out the library.



 

Krystal met up with Myungsoo at a local ramen shop. They usually meet up there after school or during school breaks before Krystal started spending time with Minho for the research. Myungsoo was slightly unhappy about it. He always thought Krystal hated Minho and would always stay away from him. Unfortunately, they had to partner up for Chemistry. That’s when Myungsoo started to boil.

“You never spend time with me anymore.”

“Myung, you know about the project I’m doing. I thought you would understand. Anyway, I’m here now so don’t be a killjoy.”

“You always spend time with him now.”

“Him? You mean Minho? You know I don’t like him.”

“Just a don’t?”

“I will never. I’d choose you over him each time.”

“Obviously, Krys.” Myungsoo sighed and shook his head.

“Aww, I was just joking!” Krystal grinned at him.

“Mmm.” I hope you keep your words, Krystal.

 

 

Minho was strolling around Hongdae. He heard from some of his acquaintances that the ramen there is spectacular. Being a fan of ramen, he decided to seek out those bowls of delicious ramen. As he passed by this particular shop, he just had to look inside. Lo and behold, Krystal Jung was there with Myungsoo. I think that’s his name. He watched her display her biggest grin to Myungsoo and he felt his heart stir. Probably from the chills I’m getting watching that witch smile. He mentally shook his head and walked on.

As he continued ‘window eating’ – he had no money with him – he couldn’t stop but to think about the voice in the library. He even dreamt about it when he fell asleep on the table. Something about that voice… gosh, I’m killing myself. He couldn’t describe it. Love at first song? Goodness, Choi Minho, get a hold of yourself. It’s just a girl with a nice voice.

 

 

As the days went by, all Minho could think of was the same voice. If it wasn’t so melodious, I swear it’s haunting me.

 

Nohchigo shipji anha dashineun anorgeot gata

I don't want to lose you, I don't think you'll ever come back again


So tell me what's up nae maeum gatgireur

So tell me what’s up, To have my heart

 

Here it comes again.

 

Jogeumdo sumgiji anhgo jogem sarangseureopge

Without having to hide, With a little more love


Jeonharrae nae mam ni nuneul bogo malhae

I want to deliver my heart and tell you, looking straight into your eyes

 

He shivered.

 

So into U

So into U

 

He sighed. That’s it, I’m going crazy.

 

 

“Minho! You look weird these days. You okay?” Key asked him when they met up at a nearby café during the weekend for a cup of coffee.

“Y-yeah, sure.” Minho stuttered.

“You sure? If there’s anything, you can tell me about it.” Key replied, concerned.

“Well…”

“Well?”

“There’s this girl-“

“Ohoho, our Minho finally found his lady. That’s what I’m talking about!” Minho glared at him. “Okay, shutting up!”

“There’s no girl-“

“What? What do you m- Right. Sorry.” Minho sighed.

“I was at the library with Miss Witch Freak and I heard a voice. A girl’s voice. Singing. It was… it was so beautiful. God, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve been hearing the same voice for the past few days and I… I’ve got to know who she is”

“She’s just a girl with a nice voice. You can find that anywhere.”

“No, there’s just something about her voice…”

“Are you in love, Choi Minho? You have got to be kidding me.”

“I-I don’t know.”

“Wow, Minho. Your first shot at love and already there’s an obstacle.”

“Kibum, I’m serious.”

“I can’t help you, I’ve never heard that voice before. But, since it was in the school library, maybe the girl is one of the students in our school.”

“Really?”

“Who else will it be? The librarian?” Key rolled his eyes. Minho, you dumb .

“Right. I guess, that narrows it down to about a thousand girls.”

“Isn’t that better than the whole population on planet Earth?”

“Okay, Key, I get it.”

“Glad you actually do. Okay, I got to go. Jonghyun’s party, remember?”

“Yeah, go ahead. I’ve got to go to the public library. Research.”

“You sure you don’t want to go to Jjong’s party?”

“Nah. I’m not feeling it anyway.”

“Umm, okay. Tell me if you’ve got any news about your mysterious girl.”

“Yeah yeah.” Minho chuckled as they both parted ways.

 

 

 


 

Another update whee~ Tell me what you think!