Chapter 13

The Voice

 

 

“Did you guys notice or what? Minho’s been hanging out with Krystal lately.”

“And now only you noticed? You’re such and unobservant dino!” Key flicked Jonghyun’s head.

“Oww. How was I supposed to know?”

“You would if you stopped playing with girls.” Key rolled his eyes.

“Okay, you guys. Enough. Why did you call us here? I thought we went over to your house just yesterday?” Onew questioned.

“For Minho’s party, duh. We need to get ready, and with you guys… well, it’s gonna be hard.”

“Hey!”

 

 

Krystal couldn’t sleep that night. After Minho called her, she kept thinking about it. She doesn’t know why but she was excited. Is it because I like ghosts? Nah, maybe cos I like scary stuff? She sighed. As she dressed up for the meet, she couldn’t help trying to look prettier. Should I tie my hair or just let it down? Gah, why am I even caring? I never used to care. Krystal just grabbed a hair tie and chucked it in her bag, just in case she changes her mind later. She rushed for the bus and finally reached the café, the one they slept in, and spotted Minho from the outside.

“So tell me now!”

“Not even a hello?” Minho smirked.

“Sorry, just a little excited.”

“Little Jungie excited? First time in my life.”

“Yah! Who said you could call me that? But it’s okay, I forgive you, cos I want to hear your story. Tell me now and I’ll forgive you!” Minho smiled at Krystal’s demand.

“Arasso. But…”

“There’s a but? Didn’t know you were this evil.” She pouted.

“You must let me call you Jungie.”

“Yah! Andwae!” Krystal pouted.

“Then no.” Minho said, with a smile. Kekeke, just love teasing her.

“Andwaeeee.” She whined.

“Then no story.” He poked his tongue out.

“Ahh, fine.”

“You’re so easy, Jungie.”

“Yah! Get on with the story!”

 

 

Meanwhile, Key has already started his planning and sent Jonghyun and Onew off to do some shopping for decorations or rather, to just not disturb him. The surprise party is going to be held this Saturday and being his particular self, he can’t wait to get started. After all, the earlier we plan, the better it is.

“So I was thinking about the list. I think we should keep it exclusive. No outsiders.”

“B-but I thought Jjong hyung said he’ll be inviting girls over.” Taemin whined a little.

“And what have you got to do with those girls? Do note that in my perspective, you’re still a baby!”

“So who are you going to invite?” Taem replied unwillingly, pouting.

“I was thinking maybe some of the classmates and his close hyungs. About the girls, I was thinking whether we should invite Krystal, since she has been quite a close friend of our dear frog lately.” Key smirked.

 

 

“That’s it.” Minho sighed, finally finished with his story.

“Wait a minute, you’re saying that this voice only appears when you’re alone?” He nodded.

“And in a public place?” He nodded again.

“Funny.” Krystal replied, eyebrows furrowed.

“And why are you wondering so much? Does it even concern you?” Minho chuckled, ruffling her hair.

“I’m just trying to help you with your unknown girl.” Krystal replied, glaring at him. She knew he knew that she didn’t like her hair to be ruffled. And she knew that he did it to annoy her.

“What’s with the face?”

“You know the reason.” Minho chuckled.

“Come on, let’s go somewhere.” He stood up and held out his hand.

“Where?”

“The mall. Let’s go shopping!” He grinned.

“I didn’t know you were into shopping.” Krystal retorted, but stood up and grabbed her bag anyway.

“Key kinda rubbed off on me.”

 

 

They reached the mall and Minho quickly went into a shoe shop. He walked into one of the aisles with Krystal trying to catch up.

“Seriously, what’s with the rush?”

“Minho!”

“Here it is.” Minho said, holding a specific shoe in his hands. It was the Supra Silver “413” Skytop Limited Edition. It was an old model and Minho had fell in love with it years ago. Surprisingly, the shop at the mall sold a brand new one. He had been ecstatic and as stupid as it is, Minho frequently ‘visited’ the shoe.

“Wow, isn’t this the limited edition Skytop a few years ago?” Krystal said in awe.

“Yeah, I think this is the only one left. I have been saving for it since the day I saw it here.”

“Ever thought of taking a loan from your parents first?”

“Nah. I don’t want to bother them. And people have been talking about me behind my back about how spoiled I am.” He joked.

“Psh, if you really want it, I can lend you some money.”

“No thanks. I want to fully rely on myself this time.” He said, as he put down the shoe and walked out of the store with Krystal.

“Stubborn frog.”

“Yah, I’m being independent!” He chuckled at her reaction.

“Well, don’t blame anyone if one day you come and find it missing.” She replied, coolly.

 

 

 


 

The shoe scene is a bit awkward. Well just accept it anyways. I searched online and found that it was released in 2008 but who cares.

As long as Minho likes it, right? Kekekeke.

Btw the shoe looks like this.

I love it, the colour is perfect.

And since guys like Supra, I just chose it :)