Chapter 19

The Voice

 

 

Krystal took deep breaths. She’s never done it before. Ever. And now, she has to do it in front of a crowd and the guy she thinks she loves? Krystal, focus. Now or never. And she stepped out.

 

Soni siryeowa Sarangui gieogi chagapge dagawa aryeoonda
My hands become cold The memory of love coldly draws near

Ijeneun deo isang neoreul bujeonghago sipji anheun Nareul algo itjiman
It becomes painful I don’t want to be unfair to you any longer

 

She started softly. Everyone started turning their heads at the beautiful voice of hers, including Minho. He gaped and released his hold on Jiyeon.

 

Gakkai inneun neol saranghal su eomneungeol algo itgie
Knowing that I can’t love you Who is close to me

Nal barabol su eomneun neol gidarimi neomu himdeureo
Who can’t look at me It’s too hard to wait

Ijen gyeondil su eobseo irwojil su eopgie
I can’t stand it anymore Since it won’t be achievable

 

Something is familiar… he thought. And he thought hard. That voice, that always comes to him when he’s alone… Wait a minute… Those places… After I heard the voice, I would always see her..

 

Naega saranghaetdeon geu ireum
The name I loved

Bulleoboryeo nagalsurok neomu meoreojyeotdeon
Became too distant as I went out to call it

Geu ireum ijen jeogeonoko na ulmeogyeo
I now write that name down

Nea ane sumgo sippeojyeo
I’m on the verge of tears I want to hide within myself

 

I would always see Krystal… He realised.



Neol saranghal subakke eobseotdeon
Remember that day now

Geu nareul ijen arajwoyo
Where all I could do was love you


Irul su eomneun sarangdo saranginikka
Because a love that can’t grow is still love

 

As the song ended, he quickly rushed toward her, pushing whoever was in his way.

“Oppa! Minho oppa!” Jiyeon called out. But he couldn’t care less. Instead, Myungsoo appeared in his place.

“Stop making noise, Jiyeon! I brought you here in terms that you behave!”

 

 

Krystal heard the applause and looked at where she last saw Minho. He was gone. All she could see was Myungsoo and Jiyeon. Jiyeon had a frown on her face. I guess I should go now, now that I’m done with my performance…

“Soojung! Jungie!” There’s only one person who could call her that.

“Wait, hold up!” She turned and saw Minho making his way towards her, squeezing through the crowd.

“Krystal Jung.” He panted, when he reached her. She just looked at him, dazed.

“You’re the one.”

“You’re the one with the voice.”

 

 

That whole night was filled with explanations. Even when everybody left, they were still talking. Minho’s friends left them alone. After all, Key booked the place for the whole night. All we can do now is hope… Key thought. Hope that that frog boy would do his thing!

 

 

Throughout that two weeks, as Minho gave her some time to think, she realised that she missed his company. Though it may not be real love yet, but she knew that she could learn to love him more and more each day, as if she already wasn’t.

 

Minho also missed her just as much and sometimes he wanted to break the ice and talk to her, but he already promised her time to think. Every time they passed each other in the hall, the urge to talk with each other was tremendous. But they knew, that good things will come if they wait.

 

Of course, all’s well, ends well. Minho and Krystal started dating two weeks later. Though she was new to love, Minho understood and told her that she could take her time to accept him. Key, their number one fan was ecstatic.

 

“So you finally did it huh?” he said when they revealed about their current relationship. Both were blushing as Minho replied with “F-finally? I just asked her that night!”. Smart Key retorted with “I knew you both were going to end up together, whether you both like it or not”. Well, not without his famous rolling of the eyes.

 

Myungsoo gave them his blessing. It’s his best friend’s happiness after all. And he tried to befriend Minho after some negotiating with Krystal. Though they may bicker sometimes about Krystal, she’s always there to stop them. With Key, of course.

 

Minho and Krystal, going strong. Krystal started to open up and she is starting to make more friends. She has gotten to know some girls in her class that aren’t half bad. She befriended a loud and happy-go-lucky girl by the name of Luna. She also made friends with the exchange students from China and America, Victoria and Amber. Last but not least, she got to know a new student, a shy girl by the name of Sulli, whom she is currently trying to hook up with Taemin.

 

Minho… Just loving Krystal more and more each day. He loves listening to her voice, whether talking or singing. And also teasing her, though she doesn’t like it. He loves her pouts though, and doesn’t hesitate to give it a kiss every time it appears on her pretty face, getting a dark blush in return. Hey, it’s not like he hates it.

 

 

 


 

And I'm done! Well, not really. I'll have an epilogue as the last, okay?

Await it and comment! And while you're at it, upvote please?

As thanks that I ACTUALLY finished this fic. 

Gosh, I didn't know I could write a fic this long.

It may not be long for some of you but it's long enough for me.

I tend to procrastinate.

 

p.s. The song here is The Name I Loved by our beloved Onew! It's really beautiful :')

 

Anyway, don't be down. I have another fic!

Mr. Fluffles, Thongs and Perfect Snogging