Epilogue

The Voice

 

 

“You’re the one.”

“You’re the one with the voice.”

Mwoh? What are you saying?

“I-I don’t understand…” Krystal said, eyebrows furrowed.

“Come with me.” Minho said softly, taking her hand.

 

 

They sat down at a table in the corner. Minho never ate his cake, but his friends understood the situation he was in.

“Remember that voice I told you about? That… always appears… when I’m alone?” He started off slowly.

“Yeah, but I don’t see anything related to th-“

“Just listen to me first!” Minho cut her off, a little bit stern. He doesn’t want to waste anymore time. I mean, the owner of the voice he was always looking for is in front of him! He can’t lose his chance. Krystal stiffened, but listened intently.

“You’re the voice.” He said it calmly again. Krystal got more confused.

“Remember the places I told you about?” She nodded.

“Do you realise that you were always around right after I hear the voice?” She shook her head. Minho gaped at her. Oh my God, she…

“Well, you were!” He said, his eyes getting larger. Krystal thought about it for a while.

“So you’re saying that I was the one you heard singing?” He nodded furiously.

“You’re not supposed to hear it though…” She muttered. He smiled.

“But I did. And I have something to say. I want you to listen carefully, okay?” He looked at her. She smiled a faint smile and nodded.

“I-I think I like you, Krystal. Not just because of your voice, okay? I did sort of fell in love with your voice at first but then I started to ignore it as we got closer to each other during the project we did. I thought you were just a nice person to be with but sometimes, when you’re not around, or if you’re with Myungsoo, I feel alone. Yeah, I have my own friends too, but I guess for you, it’s different. I-I think I’m starting to fall in love with you…”

Krystal was surprised. She never expected Minho to tell her that, if it ever concerns their relationship. They weren’t even the best of friends, yet. She just stared at him with a blank look on her face.

“I know, I didn’t really have a good history concerning love. But I’ll really try hard to convince you that I like you. You may think I’m playing with you but I really am not. I really really like you, Krystal. I may not have thought that at first… and it’s also not because you gave me the shoes and looked really beautiful today…”

She blushed at his words. Omo, what’s happening to me? My.. my heart, it’s thumping like crazy… Is.. is this love?

“I’m not sure whether you really feel the same, but I know that we have lots of great memories together. And I know you’re really happy when you’re with me. I-I like seeing you happy… I can give you time, okay? Take your time, as much as you want! I’m willing to wait, if that can prove my love for you…”

Minho stared at Krystal, waiting for her answer. feels dry after his confession. It may not be the most romantic, if it concerns the venue. He never gave her flowers. He didn’t bend on one knee. But, I think I like him. Should I give love a try? Should I give him a chance?

“I-I think I like you too…” He smiled widely. “But, is it okay if I think about it? I have never had a guy telling me this before… So, can you give me time?”

“S-sure! Take all the time you want.” He said, smiling, though a little disappointed at the answer. “I’ll wait for you, okay?”

She smiled as she nodded.

 

 

Argh! I can’t stand this silence! I need to talk to her! Minho tought as he saw Krystal walk by him in school. They exchanged glances but they never said a word to each other since his birthday party.

“Patience Minho, good things come when you are willing to wait.” Key advised. Minho sighed, but nodded.

“I hope so, Key. I really do.”

“You really like her huh? Don’t worry, she likes you too. But I guess it’s because she never fell in love before. She just needs time to realise it. Just think about how lucky you are, to be her first love, neh?” Key tried to cheer him up.

“First love? She hasn’t even given me her answer…”

 

 

But Krystal already knew her answer. She just needs that little courage. Meanwhile, during that time of silence between her and Minho, she started to make a few friends here and there. Victoria, a girl from China told her to just do it. “You have to do it somehow, in the end. Isn’t it better to do it now?”, she said. Amber, another girl from America said “He already likes you. If you like him too, isn’t that just nice?”.

They don’t understand. This is my first time. What if, what if he leaves me after that…

 

But one thing changed her mind. Sulli’s words.

“Shouldn’t you be willing to take the risk? If you never take the risk, you will never know how much he loves you. And even if he leaves you in the future, aren’t the memories worth it?”

Yes. I should be willing to take the risk.

 

 

Deep breaths. Okay. Krystal spotted Minho at his locker and walked towards him.

“Minho, I have my answer already.”

 

Both of them went out to the school field. It was quiet, except for the football team having a practice. They took a seat at the bleachers.

“So, your answer?” Minho said, nervous about her answer.

“I’ll give you a chance.” He smiled wide like never before.

“Don’t get all happy yet. You know how I’m new to this thing… love. I may be cold and everything but when it comes to love, I’m a newborn baby and I’m fragile, okay? So, if you ever break my heart, I won’t forgive you. And so will Victoria, Amber, Luna and Sulli.” Minho tilted his head at those names.

“Oh, I-I made some friends…” She smiled sheepishly. He chuckled.

“I won’t break your heart, I promise.” They both smiled at each other.

“Then, what are we supposed to do now?” Krystal asked.

“Umm, kiss?” Minho joked.

“Kiss properly okay? I don’t want my first kiss to be a disaster.” Krystal said as she blushed, taking his words seriously.

“Oh, I was jo-“ He stopped himself when he saw Krystal puckering her lips, with her eyes closed. He chuckled to himself and closed the gap between them.

 

 

“Was it nice?” She nodded, blushing furiously.

 

 

 


 

Wow, LONGEST CHAPTER EVER!

And it is over! However, it would be really nice if you guys upvote this fic, okay? This is by far my most successful one.

Being it the longest OTL. Well, await my new fic, alright.

I may be busier this year but I'm getting my own laptop soon, if that helps.

Thanks to all my beautiful subs. Esp those who gave their support since the beginning.

 

dee2dazee

Pelangi

Trtr46

sherlocklove

periwinkleberry

hwangrin

Ekus16

kyufever

th_silenttear

 

Kekeke, these are the ones who constantly comment and not just "update soon".

And I wanna thank you guys for that.

Don't forget to check out my new fic, okay?

Minstal is not over yet ;)