Chapter 18

The Voice

 

 

Krystal didn’t know what to do. It was the first time a guy hugged her. Other than family, of course. And maybe Myungsoo. She gaped but wrapped her arms around him and gave him a pat on the back. After the excitement died down, Minho realised who he was hugging and quickly let go of her.

“S-sorry.” He smiled sheepishly, scratching his neck.

“It’s a-alright…” Krystal replied, nodding her head to show that she’s fine with it. Or am I?

“Then… should we go down and join the party?”

“Oh! I forgot. I’ve got something to do. Later, Minho!” Krystal quickly ran off, leaving Minho alone. He chuckled and shook his head. That girl… really…

 

 

“Okay, okay! I’m here!” Krystal exclaimed as she ran over to where Key stood.

“I was going to throw a fit if you weren’t with Minho but then, you were. So it’s alright.” Wh-what?!

“I saw you and Minho upstairs, hugging.” Key smiled knowingly.

“M-mwoh? He… he was just thanking me for the present!” Krystal stuttered.

“Oh right… What a special way of thanking someone, right?” Key teased. Krystal blushed.

“Just tell me what I’m supposed to do!”

“Alright grumpy Stal!”

 

 

Minho made his way down after Krystal left him and saw her and some of his friends huddling in a corner. Hmm, what’s going on? He was making his way to them but suddenly a girl, whoever she was, bumped into him. By natural reflex, he wrapped his arms around her to stop her from falling.

“Mianhae, jeongmal mianhae!” The girl said.

“It’s okay, really it is.” Minho smiled.

“Well, it’s really my fault for rushing.” She reasoned. “And happy birthday to you!”

“Ah, thank you. Umm well, I’ve never seen you before. Are you a sister of someone?”

“Oh, I came with Myungsoo oppa. I’m his cousin, Park Jiyeon.” She smiled.

“Nice to meet you then, Jiyeon-ssi.” Minho stretched out his hand for a handshake.

“It’s alright, oppa. Just call me Jiyeon or anything you want.” Jiyeon giggled, putting her hand on Minho’s chest. Oppa? Umm… Minho wasn’t feeling very comfortable.

“Can I dance with you? Before someone grabs you away.”

“Uhh, s-sure.” Minho said, out of courtesy.

 

 

Krystal scanned the party area, nervous of what she will be doing next. She located Minho and saw him dancing with a girl. Isn’t that Jiyeon? Myungsoo’s irritating cousin? Psh. What’s she doing here? She sees Jiyeon giggling at something Minho said. She couldn’t see his face since his back was facing her. But he’s probably having a nice time too.. She thought, unconsciously frowning at them.

“Don’t worry, he looks better with you.” A voice said.

“Huh?” She turned around to see Myungsoo, giving her a small smile.

“As much as I don’t like him, I can’t deny that both of you look good together.”

“What? M-myungsoo!” Her eyes went large.

“Don’t deny it. I know you like him.” He said, as he looked on. Krystal didn’t answer.

“And it’s not my fault okay. Jiyeon wanted to come. And auntie was going all ‘Myungsoo, bring your favourite cousin out with you’.”

“I never said anything.” Krystal said.

“I know you wanted to know.”

“I don’t!”

“Don’t deny. I know you.”

“I.. I..” She sighed.

“See? So you like him huh?”

“I don’t know… Maybe it’s just infatuation.”

“Well, I say go for it!” Another voice said. Turns out, it was Key.

“Key…” She rolled her eyes.

“It’s time. Go do your thing Krys!” Key said, giving her cue. She started walking away to her position.

“Psst, Jung!” She turned back.

“Impress him, okay?” Key said, with two thumbs up. Myungsoo was just there, looking at her. But she knew he wished her well too.

She smiled back at them.

 

 

 


 

Woot woot. Finally got the motivation to write. How do you guys like the new poster? It's so niceeeee.

I requested when I saw that the artist was really good.

She had a bit of problem cos she was going away for vacation.

But I didn't mind and she did it right away when she came back.

I mean, why not wait if the poster would turn out awesome? Kekeke.

If any of you would like to request, it's by crownsiopeia.

I'm lazy to link it but it's somewhere in the foreword!